[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

Not gonna lie, I had low expectations in the beginning. 

The writer didn't look that special(and well, she's not perfect, certainly, but that's beside the point), I wanted her to do a more serious sageuk, etc... 

But this ended up being so much fun even with its shortcomings, more engaging than any other drama in the past few years. And I'm very happy about its ratings success, NJH deserves it so much. As if she didn't prove it already, she showed us amazing and versatile acting here. 

Congrats to the cast, and may I finally have a life again!  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching live stream and still watching, watching, thinking whether they put the credits at a wrong time after the kiss.  I was like expecting they will show some palace scenes since i thought the episode is going to be long.  They started only at 9.30 and for 10 mnts from 9.20 to 9.30 it was ads.  so i thought its going to end only at 11pm and there were 10 mts more after the kissing scene which was at 10.50pm.  So i  did kept on watching tvn live stream until the notice of the next program came on  my screen.  Alas!!!!!!!!! so much betrayal!!!!!!:cold_sweat:

anyhow thanks for the happy ending.  

edit:

my rant:  with all the matured adults present, the ending was childish......:wacko:

Agreed.

Korean drama endings tend to be weak?

Having said that, I enjoyed the ending of Moon Embraces the Sun and Moonlight Drawn by Clouds.

One had the female lead installed as Queen and the other had something similar with 100 Days in that the future of the female and male lead did not end at the palace.

The ones with endings I like tend to be the non-romantic dramas. E.g. Life on Mars. Hahahaha.

Edit:

Thinking of this. Maybe I have been spoilt by TVN and had expected more. I mean, the ending tonight was kind of typical for a KBS drama? :ph34r:

A little disappointed that we got our happy ending just 5 min before the real ending. Quite happy with all the resolutions except for WD and HS’s. I was hoping to see them married for real and living in the palace. 

Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the acting :star:

2 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I was watching live stream and still watching, watching, thinking whether they put the credits at a wrong time after the kiss.  I was like expecting they will show some palace scenes since i thought the episode is going to be long.  They started only at 9.30 and for 10 mnts from 9.20 to 9.30 it was ads.  so i thought its going to end only at 11pm and there were 10 mts more after the kissing scene which was at 10.50pm.  So i  did kept on watching tvn live stream until the notice of the next program came on  my screen.  Alas!!!!!!!!! so much betrayal!!!!!!

Same here!! Felt so cheated! IMO, too many random, irrelevant scenes that we won't care about. I was so anxious, kept looking at the clock, counting down every second, expecting for our OTP to meet and marry. Then..with only a few minutes left, they just reunite and kiss. The end. WHAT???? Where is the palace scene we have been waiting for? Would have been nice to get a glimpse of HS, all dolled up in wedding hanbok and declared as wife of CP! That would have ended the drama neatly. Now for me, it's a 9.5/10 instead of a 10/10 for this ending. LOL. Anyway, it's been a great journey watching with all of you here. Off to catch the next drama.

10 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Agreed.

Korean drama endings tend to be weak?

Having said that, I enjoyed the ending of Moon Embraces the Sun and Moonlight Drawn by Clouds.

One had the female lead installed as Queen and the other had something similar with 100 Days in that the future of the female and male lead did not end at the palace.

The ones with endings I like tend to be the non-romantic dramas. E.g. Life on Mars. Hahahaha.

Edit:

Thinking of this. Maybe I have been spoilt by TVN and had expected more. I mean, the ending tonight was kind of typical for a KBS drama? :ph34r:

That KBS shade! 

METS doesn't even compare to 100 days though, that one was a hot mess and they can thank yeo jin goo and kim yoo jung for the ratings. :P

Well...Moonlight Drawn by Clouds did end with a kiss in a field. LOL....[and it's a KBS drama :ph34r:]

But I don't think watching this drama was time wasted.

Still loved the cinematography overall.

Editing was choppy but kind of improved towards the end.

They tried to give closure to all the characters.

Just Won Dukkie and Hong Shim-i.....sigh....

44 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh god I’m dying laughing . Watch till he end ...

:joy:

:lol:  I spit tea on my keyboard, and I'm still laughing.  

Note to self:  when someone warns you that the scene is really funny, drinking the beverage should wait.

37 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I hope our wails of a non-event - THE HAPPANG - reaches the ears of the production team. LOL.

I think we were anticipating the happang more than WD and HS.... :joy:

I hear ya! 

I for one was hoping that they would end with the happang but nope. I would have been happy even if they allowed us to just assume it happened (like those scenes where they both go into a room and close the door). Plus, they kept bringing this up in the first 10 episodes or so :bawling:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

Hi all!!! What a cute ending!! :D We did get the happy ending we wanted although not exactly the way we wanted... Next time, we must be more specific -- HAPPANG, PD-nim!! But I got to say it's the best shot kiss for our couple. How romantic with the petals flowing like so.... :wub: Whose idea was it? I bet it is Romantic WD's idea. Anyway, I should wait for subs before commenting further. But seriously, was that a noble idiocy from HS? smhsmhsmh...............

And the death of KCE was rather unsatisfactory, to be honest.... but again, will wait for subs. Was wondering how could he die like only 20 min into the episode, but I thought, okay, maybe to tie things up nicely and happily for all our other beloved characters, but but but.... a separation and a time jump?!? :huh:

I cried again seeing MY and HS scene when he was telling her the reason he returned to Hanyang...

Haven't seen this weeks eps yet, won't be able to watch them until the weekends. So my question is, there is not scene of her wearing the crown princess dress and the hair accessories? I was looking forward seeing her in that outfit? She would've looked so beautiful. Do they seem like they would get married as grown prince and princess?

Reading the posts here brings vicarious pleasure to one at the mercy of subs. 

I couldnt wait so I clicked on a spoiler when I said I would not. Just one became many.  Sigh...i hv no self-control.

I must say I quite liked what I saw, particularly when the production team got tired and had the actors fan a conical stream of romantic petals to bless the kissing couple in the final scene. What a hoot. They could, you know, go back to the same spot when they were kids. But they were having fun and somewhat brought the audience into their joke - I liked that. 

Read the the the finale seemed rushed...sorta guessed that cos so many issues were raised in the penultimate ep. I also need to say, DO was on fire there. He’s good and I am impressed. 

I like him in glasses :D

Archived