[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noh Ji Sul's last drama, scent of a woman, had a very good ending so I'm keeping my hopes up she'll wrap it up with a happy ending as it's been alluding to. (but then again, I could save time since if it's a happy ending, I'll probably re-watch the drama 1000 times :p)

And wow, these last few episodes are over 80 minutes. I'm sure they can cover everything but they could've given more hints earlier instead of giving us an emotional tsunami in the last week, lol. 

30 minutes ago, rocat said:

Thanks @pad-hari but is this the end?

I haven’t been able to read backwards but if this is the end, then curses. Who ends like that?

if it is a 15-ep drama, then I am probably naive to expect a HEAr. Sigh. 

There is one episode left. This is not the end of the drama.

Sigh... So many tears.  And the sweet moment with LY/YS :wub:.  I love how they've connected so deeply that they banter all the time - shared experiences (earth worm porridge - haha :lol:).  That's what true love should be like - totally comfortable (contrast to WD's classic line "I am uncomfortable") - like a well worn pair of jeans.

I must admit I cried more at the recollection of his bromance with DongJoo and his ultimate sacrifice than the death of MY.  :tears:

But now what's going to happen to the baby?  CPss is going to be a single Mother?  It wouldn't sit well with me if she passes the baby onto her aunt HS/YS to raise?  Maybe if they were peasants or even nobility but it wouldn't sit well in royalty where there is so much emphasis on lineage?  There would be too much strife in the making when LY/YS have legitimate children later on?  Pass it onto GD/KN to raise maybe?  That's more of a possibility.  

As some have mentioned I feel that the friendship between the Ming envoy and LY is going to have a part to play in the end.  I am unsure as to why the Ming would want to start a war - what's in it for them?  Is it because they want the Jurchens to have it out with the Joseon regime so they can eventually tackle both forces later after they have weakened each other's defences?  A quest for land?  Or was it as implied in the "rock" gift...the mining of iron ore was the impetus...maybe this is more plausible.  They often say that countries make more money in war than they do in peacetime.  War = increased demand for weapons = increased demand for iron ore to make weapons = countries/people who own the mines make $ (implied in that dinner party KCE had with all his minions).

It's sort of a weird twist because it implies the Ming envoy has a lot more power than he should have.  It's one thing to report to the Ming emperor about the goings on in the Joseon regime, quite another to wage a war or fuel one by utilising the Jurchens (how would they do this though? Not explained well...maybe in Ep16).  As I understand it, the Jurchens were always out for more land so they would always have skirmishes on the borders with the Ming and Joseon people.  It is not 'new'.

Preview implies LY will go to battle (KCE wants him to perish there - potentially he will use the blank check that King gave him to start the war and then the threat of YS's life to force LY to go) - maybe another faked death (courtesy of Ming envoy Friend)...so that he can catch KCE off guard for his ultimate demise.  CPss will be witness against her Father?

I wonder if there will be time to deal with Queen and Seowon?  I feel like they can't stay as is lurking in the background.  Perhaps Seowon isn't legitimate either (that little nugget from KCE saying that her fortunes predicted she would be barren?)?  Seowon secretly crushes on CPss so maybe she will live with him?  And raise the baby with him?  Bit of a stretch but possible.  Without Seowon, the Queen is toothless and will no longer pose a threat.

Not long till finale now.

1.What I thought was right, Yool would let MY and CPss go, but sadly it ended with MY's death, first time I feel sorry for CPss.

2.Why HS doesn't let Yool take care of KCE why did she have to go find him at his house -.-

3.Now the Yool will go to the war, he will wins it and comes back to kill KCE, Mr. Dimples will play a big part of it I think. Maybe he will save HS somehow.

4.The Queen and the Prince not appearing for the last what 2 or 3 episodes bothers me? like is their story ended?! will they help Lee Yool now? what will happen?!

I think tonight is the grand finale where it is expected we toast the demise of KCE.

Although I abhor him, he is still not the evilest villain out there. I think that he is more omnipotent? Haha.

He knows what is happening everywhere, is at the right place at the right time, survives an arrow and is up and about, bouncing around Hanyang (whereas an assassin like MY takes ages to recover).

Seeing the incompetence of his own son, I think KCE considered MY like his own son (with good killing skills).

But to plunge a sword into him and letting the CPrincess witness it (in all her pain and agony) , this is the soul of a man who loves no one. I don't even think he loves himself. He is craving for something that will never fill his soul. If he took over the throne (by proxy through his grandchild), his next thought would be war to gain more and more and more. In the end, it will lead to the destruction of what he craved in the beginning.

Not sure if I will do full recaps. I may recap chunks of the episode tonight.

I realise a lot of things are lost in translation so I am off to watch Ep 15 again .....with subs.

BTS of Ep 15 - that hat is a wardrobe hazard.  I remember thinking the same during the kiss in the forever love doorway... :lol:  Also DKS's shoes for the sword scene - Guess it's not a full body shoot so he can get away with it :lol:

EDIT- also HS may be the one to kill KCE. She was already intending to when she went into his room with a knife but was interrupted by his Son.

So the guessing game has shifted from who is the baby's daddy to who will kill KCE :lol:

I will stay away from the thread tonight to avoid spoilers. Unless I can livestream, I wil wait for subs to find out. Realized that I lost some feels/sensations last night because I read recaps first. Hopefully I can have strong will and patience to stay away from spoilers. 

This Dandanie (Kyungsoo fan) translated some of netz comments of E15:

5. +27, -1 The story is getting......... It could be well-made but why is it ending like this...
6.+20, -0 Sigh the ending is too frustrating.... Please be a happy ending tomorrowㅠㅠ
9.+6, -0 Daebak! It ended like this and tomorrow's the last episode? Is this right?
11. +4, -0 If everyone dies I'm gonna take some antidepressant pills..
12.+3, -0 Writer-nim, please let the Crown Prince live~
2. +653, -11 I wanted today to finish everything so I get to watch the love scenes tomorrow, but what is thisㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I believe in God Jiseol (note: the writer of 100dmp) please solve everything quicklyㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3.+346, -4 If it's a sad ending for real........... I can'tㅠㅠㅠ
4. +227, -5 It's going to be a sad ending...
 +22, -0 No, it won't beㅠㅠㅠ
7. +59, -0 To be honest I was really disappointed in Mooyeon-ie, just because of a girl he didn't see his sister even once, he should've been quick and planned everything
9.+37, -0 Am I the only who feels uncomfortable with how the story is unfolding

https://kkumnetz.blogspot.com/2018/10/drama-100-days-my-prince-ep-15.html

I think everyone is expecting a sad ending and agree, it doesn't feel like it's the last episode with how things are going! we need more

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I think tonight is the grand finale where it is expected we toast the demise of KCE.

Although I abhor him, he is still not the evilest villain out there. I think that he is more omnipotent? Haha.

He knows what is happening everywhere, is at the right place at the right time, survives an arrow and is up and about, bouncing around Hanyang (whereas an assassin like MY takes ages to recover).

Seeing the incompetence of his own son, I think KCE considered MY like his own son (with good killing skills).

But to plunge a sword into him and letting the CPrincess witness it (in all her pain and agony) , this is the soul of a man who loves no one. I don't even think he loves himself. He is craving for something that will never fill his soul. If he took over the throne (by proxy through his grandchild), his next thought would be war to gain more and more and more. In the end, it will lead to the destruction of what he craved in the beginning.

Not sure if I will do full recaps. I may recap chunks of the episode tonight.

I realise a lot of things are lost in translation so I am off to watch Ep 15 again .....with subs.

While watching KCE during this episode I thought to myself this guy is a cardboard villain. I find myself comparing him to Prince Suyang in The Princess’ Man and as much as I hated the character, the man was a real human being who had tears and hurt in his eyes when his favorite daughter would argue with him about his cruelty and boldly defy his commands. The character was cruel but then there was that side to him that even when he was terribly hurt by the sting of his daughter’s words I felt the impropriety of her unfilial behavior and yet I was cheering her on. So the villain gave me mixed feelings every time I saw his human side, which was apparent even when being cruel maybe because of how the character was written and the portrayal by the actor. In comparison, KCE is just shallow or maybe shallowly written. He also had too much power without any real opponent so he does really seem omnipotent in their world.

maxresdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSxHW7BfwzTrx6uGyeFjmimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAn72jdoX_-pL8vEcueFV

There seems to be no limit to how low KCE can go and will for his greed.  Not to mention he has no humanly ties to this world except to that of his own wants and needs.  MY's death felt like his fathers unfair and no justice to be found or to stop it.  It's not only sad it seems like such a waste of such a character who deserved better than a death like that...

I think that the sweet moments between the OTP were so lovely.  Him missing her cooking as bad as she believes she is and feeling appreciated for something only she could give him.  It wasn't just her cooking it was the comfort she allows him to experience and feel in being able to lay his head and worries down within the shelter and warmth of her lap.  Watching her pat him in that caring way she has always shown.  I think this is what he missed most that feeling and freedom to be able to feel safe for just a moment.  Love in action that is like no other...

Not sure if this was already shared, but the last episode will start airing 10 minutes earlier than usual, at 9:20 pm kst. So it looks like it will be even longer than these last few episodes have been- I'm guessing a full hour and a half? They just shot a movie for the ending, lol. 

Archived