Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

22 minutes ago, Wotad said:

im really surprised they did not extend this drama considering how well its doing. 

I think the main reason why the drama can't be extended because D.O will be super busy due to EXO's comeback in Nov.

• Like 9

Reunion of LY and YS.

Btw, I haven't watched the whole episode yet, so I'm just translating the clips that hit me, if the scenes are in a bit of a random order.

LY: Yi Seo. That's right. Yoon Yi Seo.
HS: How does the Crown Prince know that name?
LY: It’s me. The Fool.  The Fool who had not even read the Analects. (holding out the ribbon) The ribbon that you used to bind me up.

(flashbacks)
YS: Do you like snow or a shower of flower petals?
LY: For me…you. I am going to marry you.
LY: I…learned the Analects within 10 days.
YS: That’s well done! My Fool. To brag about that, is that why you came all this way?
LY: Stop doing this right now! I am Prince Sung’s son Lee Yul!
(end flashbacks)

HS: How do you still have that?
LY: Because I have always longed for you.
HS: You are really the Fool.
LY: That’s right. I am the Fool. Without even knowing that you were alive like this, even though you were by my side, I didn’t know it was you. I only realized it now.
HS: Your memories have returned?
LY: No. Only about you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

I might get maimed for this but I didn’t know who DO was till I watched this and goggled him. Impressive resume for one this young. I had my doubts when I saw that he was paired with one of my fav female leads. Those doubts were on their way out the window as the show progressed but this week’s eps made me kick them away so far and high that no one will ever know they existed. He is good. Wow. Saw the gifs shared here...*gulp*... toe curling stuff.

I am drawn in by both leads though I wasn’t too hot about the time spent as Won Deuk-was a bit of an idiot albeit an endearing one- as well as the shenanigans of the lower officials bullying commoners. The pace picked up towards the end and just when I was enjoying the drama too much I found out there wld only be one more ep. Gahh...why... good shows are hard to come by! 

If only Martial Universe had half of the art of this plot.

• Like 14

So, it turns out that tvN only released 1 additional clip for episode 14 as far as I can find, so here is a translation of that scene anyway. It's LY meeting the CPess.

LY: The Crown Princess’ father, the one who I had trusted was on my side without any suspicions whatsoever, had me killed. It was because he had to hide whatever secret that I had found out. Something that had to be covered up even if he had to kill me. That secret…
(sees CPess walking towards him)
LY: That the Crown Princess has a child by another man.
CPess: I was just about to go to your quarters.
LY: I was just about to go to the Crown Princess’ quarters.
CPess: We must have been of the same mind.
LY: That must be so.
(LY walks up to CPess.)
LY: This night, for a long while, I must be with the Crown Princess.

Oooh, so Yul has figured out why he was supposed to be killed by KCE. He realizes that the CPess is pregnant with someone else's child. It's interesting that in realizing that, he then decides to spend the night with the CPess in her quarters. I think I had better watch the episode to see what the conclusion of this bit is since I doubt that LY wants to spend the night in carnal knowledge of the CPess, though he seems to be implying that as a threat to her. Not only is LY not interested in the CPess, but he knows that she has no true concern for him either. Perhaps it was just to wipe the smug smile off CPess' face since she thinks that she's getting away with something, and won't have to submit to Yul's attentions since she is pregnant anyway.

39 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

And thank you @stroppysefor the translation, encouraging me to keep watching while I can see no clues for a happy ending in the preview.

You're welcome. So, there might not be any explicit hints for a happy ending in the preview, but I'm pretty sure there will be a happy ending for LY and YS in that they will end up together, and they will most probably be in the palace together. And, the village people will be fine. No clues as to how everyone else will fare. :)

Okay, I have to go watch episode 14 now so that I can spazz all over the HS-WD scenes again. Heck, I know that I've been referring to him as LY for the last couple of episodes since he's returned to the palace, but he himself said that he was Won Deuk as he kissed his beloved YS/HS. No matter the name, he falls in love with her. A love like that can't be denied.  :wub:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, rocat said:

I might get maimed for this but I didn’t know who DO was till I watched this and goggled him. Impressive resume for one this young. I had my doubts when I saw that he was paired with one of my fav female leads. Those doubts were on their way out the window as the show progressed but this week’s eps made me kick them away so far and high that no one will ever know they existed. He is good. Wow. Saw the gifs shared here...*gulp*... toe curling stuff.

I am drawn in by both leads though I wasn’t too hot about the time spent as Won Deuk-was a bit of an idiot albeit an endearing one- as well as the shenanigans of the lower officials bullying commoners. The pace picked up towards the end and just when I was enjoying the drama too much I found out there wld only be one more ep. Gahh...why... good shows are hard to come by! 

If only Martial Universe had half of the art of this plot.

I never cared for Do or exo really but this drama has made me a big fan of him.

• Like 12

Episode 4 is so packed! A few more quick observations in addition to the scenes of LY/WD and YS/HS.

MY is the baby daddy. However, KCE doesn't know that. KCE orders MY on one final mission: to find and kill the true baby daddy.

LY calls JY to talk to him, but the thing he wants to establish first is that he has remembered HS and that he, LY, had met HS a long, long, long time before JY had, refuting JY's earlier assertion that he had met and loved HS first. LOL. Though, when JY asks if that's why LY asked to see him, LY basically says the equivalent of "As If!". ROFLOL. But, then LY goes on to question where JY's true loyalty lies. JY swears that it's to LY though LY may not remember it, but when LY asks how he can know for sure, JY proposes that he be tested. Next thing, JY has gone to KCE to mention that LY had asked JY to be a close advisor. Initially, KCE tells JY to turn it down, but then decides that it might be good for his info gathering for JY to accept. JY then goes and reports back to LY.

Ohmygosh, I actually love LY and JY in this episode! The bromance finally becoming realized a bit. :wub:

And, that's only in the first quarter hour or so!  Anyway, real life intrudes, so need to go, but so more spazzing later on about so much of this drama when I get another chance to do so.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I know everyone is in their episode 14 afterglow while I'm still in my episode 13 afterglow. :P And honestly all I could think was: how can the Crown Princess showing when she is only about 3 months into her pregnancy? Honestly my sister wasn't showing until maybe 6 months, same goes for my other friends. Oh well... drama logic. :lol:

Overall another Monday episode as I call them. Terrible pacing, unnecessary scenes which do nothing for the plot itself - village scene with villagers finding out Won Deok is the Crown Prince, the banquet. Why waste so much time?

Good last scene with Lee Yul realizing who Hong Shim is. The writer is strong when it comes to their serious scenes. Love them the most.

But overall a good episode and still the only one rocking the post-production is the music editor. Pretty much on point even though he didn't create the most memorable OST. :)

On to episode 14. :D

• Like 7

a94bded5d19767681e9ec7fd3ee1b8d473ad1552f00ca746f22e6fb864ed0552b285f68d1b35b460

and the most  touching moment when Lee Yool met his guardian who was still alive,oh my god,i can't handle my tears:tears:The  crown princess scene with her dad... was so sad and pitiful

Spoiler

d7ac924f49d977ac4ede99842f82eca3ef7ce572

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, tianaa said:

and the most  touching moment when Lee Yool met his guardian who was still alive,oh my god,i can't handle my tears:tears:

Jo Hyun Shik is the actor who plays the eunuch Yang.  (Some may also remember that he played one of Chan's rowing buddies on Thirty But Seventeen.)  He may only do "bit" parts and side roles in dramas but, oh my, what an excellent actor!  It's like a gift to see someone who fulfills a role so well.  Others may earn their place simply because they are handsome or pretty or whatever while having only a little talent to call upon (we all know that there are many like that) but this guy is earning his stripes the hard way by being a true actor.  I applaud that hard work and talent.  Bravo, Jo Hyun Shik!

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Because it's done filming already. Season would also not add up anymore since they filmed during summer and it's now fall in South Korea. :)

But, as I agree with @stroppyse, this drama would do better with at least a couple more episodes. The pacing is still horribly off, even though the plot gets its job done, so to speak.

I agree that the pacing is not perfect and has some other flaws, but for being pre-produced it is actually really well done. The Kdrama writers have come a long way and are starting to find the formula that works... and works more consistently, rather than hit or miss all the time. I say this particularly since I wonder if pre-produced dramas will soon become the norm since the 52 hour work week... will the entertainment business be following this enforcement eventually too?

I wonder cause I read somewhere that this was due to deaths in the entertainment industry and other companies due to overwork. 

• Like 12

CPrincess to MY - Do not worry.  This baby is not your baby.  :o

Man they are dragging the Who's the baby's daddy further...so it's either Seowon or Minister Jung then.  My money is still on Jung.

Got the whole Chinese character "Heel" totally wrong...I am still struggling to solve the riddle looking at the character and also how they are interpreting it in the drama.  They are running it too fast for my mind to comprehend - doors...I get that because the Chinese character for "mouth" is like a door - it's basically a square.  Perhaps it's the number of "mouths" in each character...there is one "mouth" in the character for "heel"...have to rewatch it to get it right.

EDIT- whilst I am glad that MY is not the baby's daddy coz that falls in line with his Man of Honor label, I still do not like how it was revealed.  Seems to imply that she bedded a few men so there was a question of paternity?  No sex = no baby?  It's like her telling MY, well we did sleep together but don't worry...baby's not yours...it's someone else's?  Maybe it's lost in translation... :unsure:

Edited by nrllee
  • Like 11

25 minutes ago, nrllee said:

CPrincess to MY - Do not worry.  This baby is not your baby.  :o

I got the feeling that she was lying to him to spare him or to protect him.  I still firmly believe that MY is the baby daddy.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thistle said:

I got the feeling that she was lying to him to spare him or to protect him.  I still firmly believe that MY is the baby daddy.

Perhaps.  Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out... :lol:

It makes more sense since I feel like KCE (the omniscient one) seems to know who the baby's daddy is...otherwise why ask MY to kill the baby's daddy (he can't very well kill himself)...if KCE thought for a moment that MY was the baby's Father, he would've already killed him.  So unless he is ignorant of this and has been duped by the CPrincess into believing that it is someone else.  He's been consistently one-up most times, so I think he senses that he's been duped and he's narrowed in on the candidate and it's not MY.

Your theory could be right though.  CPrincess lying to protect MY and then diverting KCE's attention to someone else.

Guess we will find out next week. 

EDIT- I loved these things about Ep 14

1. That LY's first totally complete memory was NOT of Palace politics or the plots on his life...but that of his love for YS. :wub:

2. That he trumps Dimples at the game of love (touché) with "I met her first"...just saying :lol:...now that we're clear about our facts...let's talk business...are you loyal to me or to KCE?

3. That LY's declaration of love to YS was...just...so...beautifully poetic...and then to seal it beyond a shadow of a doubt with a kiss over that forever love doorway (kinda reminds me of mistletoe). :wub:

4. That LY stays true to his Man of Honor label...as CP, he could have lopped Dimples' head off (one way of getting rid of the competition) but he didn't?  Notice how he declares once again that she is his woman in front of Dimples during that encounter with the assassin?  You face off. Man to man.  And throw down the gauntlet.

5. How calculated and measured LY is in the face of danger.  He is KCE's equal if not better.

6. DKS is knocking it out of the ballpark for me in his acting.  The tone of his voice, his diction (where he puts in pregnant pauses with effect), his eyes.  The veiled menace in his speech with the CPrincess "spending a long time with you tonight"... He is not only worthy in love (with YS), he is worthy in battle (be it verbal stoushes, intellectual intrigue or martial art parries).  Who would've thought he could pack so much in that diminutive frame of his?  I am a fan for life. :)

Edited by nrllee
  • Like 18
  • LOL 1

I was not expecting another kiss TT and that close up of it gave me almost a heart attack. 

qv1qQGY.gif

I'm still recovering from it but it was beautiful :wub::wub::wub: (who knew kyungsoo-yah who knew :P

CPss and MY relationship is such a doomed-tragic love story. So much sadness in both their lives, and the only light, at least, for the CPss is MY. You could see that little smile she had on her way her home after meeting MY. I'm sure that he's the father. She denied it because she wants to protect him. Also the reason why she shot an arrow to him. That's my guess. 

Not really sure about his feelings. It could be either resposibility or gratitude, or mix of both but he has definitely feelings for her. Please writer-nim, give them a sort of happy ending 

Jeyoon-ah, I have done you wrong. You were working secretly. thank you. also taking care of eunuch yang, I was in tears when LY finally met him TT 

That riddle scene with the uncomfortable thing was a bonding moment for LY and him, right?! bromance here we come :D

Shoutout to HS's friends! they are awesome :) 

I'm going to watch ep14 again to catch all details especially with LY's diary. But that's what I got from the first view. 

Lastly, I don't know what to expect from the preview. For sure we'll have the showdown between KCE and LY. But HS and LY's part is rather gloomy??? 

And DAEBAK to the ratings, new record 12.7% average, and peaked at 14.3% 

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yes, it only does have 15 episodes. :)

From the english version of wiki, the no. of episodes is 15 (+1 special), each of 80 minutes.

But from the chinese version, the no. of episodes is 16, each of about 75 minutes.

And 1 special episodehas already aired before EP1.

So I am not sure if there are 15 or 16 episodes in total. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So it looks like the "special episode" sounds more like an epilogue rather than a behind-the-scenes type thing? Does anyone know more info about this? I'm confused how everyone's phrasing it, 2 episodes left, 1 episode left...

• Like 8
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, spark101 said:

So it looks like the "special episode" sounds more like an epilogue rather than a behind-the-scenes type thing? Does anyone know more info about this? I'm confused how everyone's phrasing it, 2 episodes left, 1 episode left...

Same here, I'm kinda confused with the 'special episode', but I think it's like 'Descendants of the Sun'. DOTS has 16 eps + 3 special episodes with total of 19eps. So I assume it's another whole episode that continues the story or just like what you said, probably more like an epilogue. I dont get why they still have to call it 'special' tho. Hello chingus, enlighten us please! :lol:

• Like 9