[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@celebrianna he was brilliant in the movie Hyung (My Annoying Brother). Smaller drama role in It's Alright, That's Love...but just as convincing.  100DMP is his break out role and cemented his acting

chops as male lead. Swing Kids (movie) is coming out in Dec. Looks like it will be a hit. I like the premise of it. Definite watch for me. I really like his selection of movies/dramas - none of them are too fluffy and his roles seem to parallel his morals. 

14 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I thought DKS excelled in his role. He had me convinced right down to his fingernails.

One of the things I actually really liked was the way he made me want to smack him over the head in so many of the earlier episodes!  :lol: It is only when an actor is really practicing his craft well that he can elicit that sort of response.  

Jo Han Chul Talks About Acting With EXO’s D.O. In “100 Days My Prince”

Jo Han Chul Talks About Acting With EXO’s D.O. In “100 Days My Prince”

Oct 31, 2018
by Y. Shin

After “100 Days My Prince” came to an end this week, Jo Han Chul sat down for an interview to talk about the drama and his costars.

During the interview, the actor praised EXO’s D.O. by saying, “[He] is someone who doesn’t need any other advice.”

He continued, “It might be because D.O. has gone through the idol lifestyle since he was young, but responsibility is ingrained into him. Even in acting, he has a unique attitude towards his projects. His concentration levels on set are tremendous. It’s touching. He never slacks off during rehearsals.”

Jo Han Chul then recalled a moment when he truly felt D.O.’s passion. He remarked while laughing, “There was a scene in which we stare each other down, but he wasn’t pushed back at all even against my energy as a senior [actor]. It was to the point where I felt a sense of rivalry arising.”

He added, “[D.O.] is a seasoned actor, and I’m excited to see his future plans. He’s a junior by many years, but I’m really jealous. How is it that everything he does, it does well?”

“100 Days My Prince” is a historical romance about the unusual love story between the fictional crown prince Lee Yool (played by EXO’s D.O.), who suffers from temporary amnesia after an accident, and Hong Shim (played by Nam Ji Hyun), the oldest unmarried woman in the Joseon Kingdom. Jo Han Chul plays the role of the king and Lee Yool’s only biological family member

Nam Ji Hyun Talks About Working With D.O. As A Fan Of EXO

Nam Ji Hyun Talks About Working With D.O. As A Fan Of EXO

Oct 31, 2018
by L. Kim

In a recent interview, actress Nam Ji Hyun mentioned her “100 Days My Prince” co-star D.O.from the idol group EXO.

Nam Ji Hyun shared, “I think we were able to get along as friends because he’s only two years older than me. My other co-stars from my previous works were a bit older than him. Of course, I was able to get along with them comfortably without any awkwardness, but D.O. and I were especially able to share our troubles and give advice to each other.”

When asked if she had felt pressured about acting with an idol with a huge fan base, the actress replied she hadn’t worried about that. She explained, “I had heard [D.O.] was a great actor, and after seeing his projects, I wondered how he would really act. In fact, I think he was very similar to my expectations. Since I always take a serious attitude and try my best every minute to concentrate on everything I can, I thought I would try harder as a fellow actor rather than be careful of him because he was an idol.”

However, Nam Ji Hyun couldn’t hide her amazement that she was able to act with an EXO member. She commented, “EXO debuted when I was in high school. At that time, there wasn’t anyone who didn’t like them. I was a fan too. Thanks to him, my friends were greatly amazed when I started this drama. I’m an actress as well, but I don’t have many chances to meet idols, so I was fascinated that my co-star would be an EXO member. I told my friends that I’m amazed as well.”

“100 Days My Prince” concluded on October 30 with successful viewer ratings.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/han-so-hee-says-the-cast-of-100-days-my-prince-were-shocked-after-seeing-do-perform-at-exos-concert

EXO, D.O.

Han So Hee talked about seeing '100 Days My Prince' co-star D.O. perform on stage. 

On October 31, Star News published the interview with Han So Hee. The actress shared about her recently ended tvN drama '100 Days My Prince', the cast, and more. 

Han So Hee revealed she and Nam Ji Hyun, Kim Sun Ho, Kim Jae Young, Kim Ki Doo, and Lee Min Ji went to watch an FC Seoul soccer match, and the crew also visited EXO's concert back in August. 

Han So Hee shared she was surprised by D.O.'s presence on stage. She said, "I've only seen Kyung Soo oppa wearing the traditional outfits on the filming set. Everyone was shocked after seeing his shining presence at the concert. He was a different person."

15 minutes ago, thistle said:

One of the things I actually really liked was the way he made me want to smack him over the head in so many of the earlier episodes!  :lol: It is only when an actor is really practicing his craft well that he can elicit that sort of response.  

:lol: In the early episodes even though he was thoroughly inconveniencing HS, I liked that he still retained his royal mannerisms and kind of instinctively felt that he didn’t belong in the village. I still find it amusing that he was fooled into marrying HS because of his own royal edict. :lol: I suppose it could be called Fate because otherwise HS might have been forced to marry someone else if things got serious.

A new naver write up on DO's acting and also about his upcoming movie Swing kids.   I think he shaved his head for  this movie.  But he was cool about it in all the concerts he attended with that shaved head.  I think chanyeol was teasing him playfully for that looks in one of the concert.  I dont remember which one.

The article has so many HD bts pics of DO.  I am posting only some of them.

13.JPG?type=w1200

20.JPG?type=w1200

16.JPG?type=w1200

Spoiler

15.JPG?type=w1200

22.JPG?type=w1200

24.jpg?type=w1200

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha, Kwon actually slapped his own face to snap out of it... and I am also very glad Yang regained his vocals.

Btw, why is the actor of MY hardly ever present in group events or gatherings?

Kim JaeYoung has been busy shooting his upcoming drama, My Dear Room. He's the lead male there.

Spoiler

I'm still in WonDeuk-HongShim hangover that I don't have an urg to watch other dramas... :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

this is so cute. Bromance is alive!

Why are they so cute ??? What's so funny about blowing the candles ??? I want to know what they're laughing about !!!

41 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Kim JaeYoung has been busy shooting his upcoming drama, My Dear Room. He's the lead male there.

I am going to watch it then... Feel like I haven't had enough of him in 100DMP

I once saw a BTS of DO acting Lou Gehrig's disease... he did it so well, one take only I think, everybody was wowed by him. Video in spoiler at 3:21

Spoiler

OMG!!!! DO AND MR DIMPLES.  they are so cute!!!!! I am curious as to what DO was telling to him.  As NJH was deciding how to cut the cake, I think DO told KSH "let her cut the cake, shall we blow the candles?"  and there they go!!!!  Phew!!!!!!  :lol:

OMG LY and YYS in the royal attire!!!! the photoshopping is superb!!!! They look gorgeous!!!!

NJH instagram update

She is so beautiful!!!!:kiss_wink:  I so badly wanted to see atleast one palace scene both Yul and YYS in the royal garb:cold_sweat:

Finally watched the last episode and just as I thought KCE used the blank king’s order to save his daughter. I suppose that showed he had some humanity left. I also wished to see YYS all dolled up in royal robes but I guess I’ve already decided to be content with her reunion with Yul in the village. I guess everything came full circle especially with the king issuing an order that all singles must be married in order to force Yul to marry. The last half was indeed hilarious. All I could have wished for is more time with our reconciled OTP. 

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181101070012118

Han So Hee did a recent interview and shared her thoughts about the Crown Princess. But since I can't understand Korean, can you help us understand this article chingu @stroppyse? :lol:

It seemed interesting because I tried translating some parts and it says that it's only her and Kim Jae Young who knew that the baby daddy is Moo Yeon. The other cast are curious about it too but they kept it a secret until it was revealed in the filming. ^_^

Interesting comment on their kiss scenes. Not a shipper but the two of them acted together so comfortably as if they have been working together for a long time. Watching NJH's dramas, you realise that she makes her co-stars comfortable and they have a less awkward time filming.

EXO Members Praise D.O.’s Acting And React To His Kiss Scenes In “100 Days My Prince”

EXO Members Praise D.O.âs Acting And React To His Kiss Scenes In â100 Days My Princeâ

The members of EXO recently talked about D.O.’s activities as an actor at the press conference for their fifth studio album “Don’t Mess Up My Tempo.”

During the event, D.O. remarked, “First, [the show] has ended, but I can’t put into words how great the result was, so I really want to say thank you. I want to thank viewers who enjoyed the drama.”

He continued, “Since I’m constantly working in parallel with other projects, it’d be a lie to say it’s not tiring, but I’m just trying my best and working hard. However, [the drama] came out well until the end, so I’m really happy.”

In response to being called “the next Kim Soo Hyun,” D.O. said, “It’s an unbelievable thing for me… That’s not it. I think it’s an honor to even join that line. I worked really hard, but I’m truly grateful for your kind words. I’ll work even harder in the future and display a good image of myself. Please look forward to it. Thank you.”

Spoiler

Xiumin then revealed that he was a fan of “100 Days My Prince” and remarked, “In the beginning, looking at Kyungsoo [D.O.’s real name] being so uncomfortable made me uncomfortable. He was so good at acting that I wanted to give him a noogie on the head. The drama was also really fun. I would watch the live broadcast [of the episodes] sometimes, and if I couldn’t due to time restraints, I’d stay up all night watching it. [D.O.] is one of the few people that I think is in the list of top five actors.”

Chen commented, “I watched Kyungsoo’s kiss scene vividly on TV, but I was surprised. It was as if I became a fan. To be honest, it was the first time I saw Kyungsoo kissing [someone].” The members then jokingly teased, “That’s strange that you’ve even seen it,” and “It’s a little strange that you even saw it twice.”

Embarrassed, he continued, “Just like the fans, we were surprised too. I wanted to say that. My ears are getting red.”

D.O. added his own comments about his kiss scene as he said, “I didn’t have a lot of NG [not good] scenes. The director was the same. We did shoot multiple takes to create a lovely scene.” The members once again began teasing their fellow member as they remarked, “There were no NGs, but you seemed to [film the scenes] for a long time. By what we saw.” D.O. wasn’t fazed as he quietly replied, “Really? I worked hard. I’m glad that it came out prettily as I put in a lot of effort.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1255859wpp/exo-members-praise-d-o-s-acting-react-kiss-scenes-100-days-prince

---------------------

Archived