[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

@stroppyse thank you for the translation and further thoughts about MY's promise of love to SH. I thought there was something deeper in what he said and couldn't get the feel somehow from the subs. But now I get it and I got emotional again about them... I know they killed many innocent lives, but I still can't help to feel pitiful for them. I wished the writer would have fleshed out their story a little more because a lot of viewers seem to be very interested in them too. 

@triplem yes that's the clip. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy ending at least? Would’ve loved to see happy newlywed life in the palace. 

-The last 2 episodes seem a little disjointed.

-Big baddie VP just died like that? He had the King’s stamp for future use & he uses it as an out card for his kids? That makes him

seem like a caring dad vs. power hungry VP they’ve shown up to now.

-Queen plotted against the prince several times, yet she gets a happily ever after with the King. Where’s the justice in Yul’s mother’s death? I had hoped her death was faked.

-The last minute angst between OTP :huh:

Watching with subs now.

1. At least KCE did try to do something good at the end.

2. The seperation -  I still scratch my head over that. What if he had died fighting in the war?? And not even an I Love You.....and not even a happang for our pure prince!

3. The whole drought arc....I admit I found it funny. And finally bromance between LY and Dimples.

3mAkUP.gif

[Check out Eunuch Yang's expression  as they talk about lonliness...LOL. He must have been worried about CP sexual orientation too...hahaha]

4. King getting involved in sending women to him. Hahaha. And telling the King about being rejected. Hahahaha

And speculation CP is gay...LOL [Shades of moonlight]

5. Finally father-son bonding and advice.

6. LOL at how Eunuch Yang also mentioned if Yul doesn't marry, he would have lived the life like his - being celibate. :lol:

WKfDfK.gif

7. And when he got rejected again. LOL

8. OMG....the journals - so romantic - this is the only part that I cried in the episode...I am in love... If HS didn't realise how much he loves her.....I'll take him. LOL.

Watching the ending - I have to admit it was beautifully shot *dreamy sigh*

And off they went to the palace!

@stroppyse I concur.  WD/LY had really cheesy lines - but DKS totally nailed his character and turned him into this romantic old style hero where honour is upheld, morals are adhered to and intelligent speak trumps force.  His diction and use of tone and inflection coupled with an uncanny knack of using pregnant pauses at just the right places makes those thespian lines sing.  Totally convincing.

As for those of us who feel that KCE's demise was a let down.  Well, it took a single arrow to down every assassin on his side and it took a total of 3, nay 4... to finally take him down... and still he manages to stumble over to LY to pass the letter onto his hand.  Well done.  Superman has a name in Joseon times and it's KCE. :lol:

Ah... the most romantic words so far that I heard from a drama.

Unfortunately I can't adjust the words to what @stroppyse has clarified but this parts make me feel the pain that LY was feeling during the separation. And DO's voice! The longing!

yppn7r.gif

Miracle during the 100 days (even though he was so gruff in the beginning)

bPEDEj.gif

I love how it went back to where it all started... the talk about snow or flower petals. And I can feel the sincerity when he says he will always choose her.

zVctoQ.gif

The proposal - I think some may feel the words are high-handed but all I sense is the hope he has that this is the entry he will write in his journal that night.

And no longer having to write such sad words...

@stroppyse thanks for the translations. I haven't had time to watch it yet. Busy day. So needed spoilers. I couldn't take it so had to watch last 10 min blind just to see if HS lived.

This drama has been erratic so my interest has waxed and waned. Couldn't get into the whole politics. And MY. I actually felt worse for his bodyguard that really died. Since I watched that actor in Hwarang. Then the super long daily 120 Lovers in bloom.

But I guess I don't mind the mess and I since it is the first time I have seen DO. The idol who I only know as an actor. 

Have you tried When Stars Land? I accidentally became addicted. I didn't know who the male lead is too. But man he is good. So I have to watch 3 Mon TueMon Tue dramas today. The 3rd being the LMK one. 

Silent lurker here..  Just wanna thank all who provided translations,  recaps,  and insights.  Fun reading them :).

Have to admit i had so much hope for the ending like many others have said so i will not say it again.  

Regarding the wrap up party,  i wonder why NJH was not really seen? :huh: She could've come later or even earlier i guess.  And i get that this is not a shipping thread for the leads but they really stayed away from each other in almost all the bts photos taken of the cast. They looked very comfortable though with each other in the bts videos posted. Wonder why that was the case?  Protecting her from possible fan attack?  :sweatingbullets: like there was a pic of DO during the wrap up party and i thought he sat next to NJH but it turned out the girl was the actress playing Kkeut Nyeo.  I also read an article of an interview with the same actress and she said that NJH explained to her about Exo's superpowers since she didnt know,  highlighting that:

1) NJH is an Exo-l

2) They attended Exo concert together.. 

Ok, im going to go crazy with shipping lead actors.  I better stop myself..:lol:

Also, is there a way a kind soul who still translates the bts videos?  Ep 13-14 not translated fully,  and we also have 15-16 now.  Can @stroppyse help by any chance??  :D

Just had a listen to the preview of the OST and I love the instrumentals!

I can imagine the scene as I hear the music.

http://www.mnet.com/album/3203825

And I love finding gems within dramas.

These wise words -

SUobGV.gif

Gah ... gifing these scenes makes me shake my fist to the sky and cry "Why did I get a KBS ending!!??'

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's interesting, because not all sageuks do it. However, this drama reminds me of MDBC in that the male lead's lines are just so lovely, and more lyrical than the female leads' lines even. It's partly the writing, but also partly the delivery and the voice, I think. 

I feel the same. 

Before reading your post I just came back from YouTube watching some MDBC clips. 

@Dramanoona (^^); I can feel you for the KBS ending.

I wanted my happy ever after and I got it.

The last portion of the ep after Yul began his rule was the show waxing lyrical about the beauty of life that came full circle presented in comedic light. I have not giggled so much in the last 20 mins of a show before. Though it wasn’t the typical happy one with weddings and babies, I was more than satisfied.

Like many of the posts published, I loved the lines of the CP. Just beautiful. I thought the emoting to bring out the angst, frustrations, devastation, forlorn, longing was authentic and accomplished with such poetry with the concept of yet. A person so powerful yet his power cannot be wielded. A yearning so deep yet it cannot yet be fulfilled. A love so near yet so far. So much to say yet there needs to be silence. So dem angry yet a master of himself. 

If he isn’t the divine King who is? :P
Circular plots are the best.

9 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

The (twice) rejected prince.. and the reemergence of dimples on Mr Dimples!

Love the reactions of the Eunuch and Guard Kwon.

Haha, Kwon actually slapped his own face to snap out of it... and I am also very glad Yang regained his vocals.

Btw, why is the actor of MY hardly ever present in group events or gatherings?

20 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha, Kwon actually slapped his own face to snap out of it... and I am also very glad Yang regained his vocals.

Btw, why is the actor of MY hardly ever present in group events or gatherings?

It could be that he has his new drama lined up.

OMG. Beautiful. Definitely getting the OST.

Finally watched the last episode.Probably one of the cutest drama I have watched,even tough its a historical drama.The political aspects was still frustating but quite simple,so it was easy to follow.The most confusing character for me was probably CP's brother though.He knew who was behind the  almost murder  of the CP yet didn't speak up but was quick to  help the princess.Did the CP order him to do so...

Divided about  the last episode.It seemed like a mess.But its still good in kdrama standards.The entire resolution of the palace plot seemed  a little rushed.The extra 10 minutes were kinda wasted.I still loved the village scenes:))).They were very funny(I did  like them even during the middle of the amnesia track where they ended up dragging the plot) .I just hoped Wonshim resolution would have happened earlier than the last few minutes  even if there was no royal wedding.Atleast happy that they didn't go the tragic historical drama romance route....They tried to give everybody a happy ending,even the queen for some reason.

The journal entries in Kyungsoo's voice though :'))

Watched a kdrama after sooo long.It was not  the best,but it was really good.Gonna miss Mondays now:(

One question though.In ep 14 The VP says that the Crown Princess is his only blood(or thats what the subs said),but didn't he have  a son too?And why is that son in the village?

1 hour ago, rika77 said:

One question though.In ep 14 The VP says that the Crown Princess is his only blood(or thats what the subs said),but didn't he have  a son too?And why is that son in the village?

i don't think he said "only blood"...I think he said "we share the same blood" which implies they are family so she should remember that and stick with his plan.

His family escaped death (I think it's not uncommon for a traitor's whole family to be conveniently wiped out by mere association) because of his use of the blank check that the king signed (the letter he passed to LY in the death scene) - he requested that he alone suffer for the his sins and his kin be spared.  So essentially both CPss and his son were banished/exiled (not sure why only him - I had the impression that he was married so his whole family (his wife included) should be there with him).  GD volunteered to be his (the son) 'watchman' to make sure he stays within that makeshift line drawn (essentially house arrest in the village).  CPss went to the house that MY prepared for her (?) - not sure how he could've had the time to get that all ready... together with her court lady (nanny of the baby that was born) - and Seowon visits so I assume he will make sure she gets cared for appropriately as he loves her too.

Postscript... When DKS uses his beer bottle and pretends it's his mic - haha...I love his dry laconic wit.  He suited the role to a tee.

Archived