[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Awesome @bertrande!!

That is the power of Soompiers! I think we translated everything already. Haha, btw, just hope that anyone using all our translations for your other socmed accts will credit back to Soompi. *Wink

I believe so far we have the collection of the most complete translations.

Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Thanks @SC2019 and @Yori Ten for the hard work. I saw one from Bai Yi that I haven’t seen translated here yet. 

BY: Xiaojiu, when choosing a husband, you must not forget that he must be from a good family going back at least three generations, must be powerful and must have looks on par with you. 

Reba: dad, he has all you want. If you want three generations, it’s possible that his seniority is way higher than that (ie you)...

Lol... Bai Yi you almost fell off your seat when you know you beloved daughter is married already...you will be so proud of your daughter's choice ...the most powerful God

"Master of the Universe"

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Forward : 1millions  comments: 206,000

Like: 1.75 millions

ELOD Cast members very supportive :love:

Wooooow that is such a HUGE numbers of interactions and forwards! Or is it a normal socmed figure for famous Chinese actress such as  angelbaby and the like?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

Isn't this regarding to when she was fighting the serpents before entering Aranya's dream? Although it was not very successful :D

Ah...now I get you. Sorrry blur earlier... but why peanuts to QingTi - or did I get the translation wrong? :dissapointed_relieved:

@Yori Ten most welcome, am glad I could contribute to the forum with my elementary mandarin (thanks though to google translate hahah). I was at work when I started to see your translations coming onto the forum but I was so distracted with the postings I couldn't concentrate at work and my fingers were itching, trying to read the translations one Weibo in English but I couldn't manage on my tiny phone... lol...  Yes, hopefully we get the credit for translating it. I guess everyone (the cast) is trying to join in the fun before tomorrow's finale (at least for VVIP viewers).

@bertrande I saw that one about the prequisites for a Qingqiu son-in-law too, thanks for capturing that for us.

@jimmylyne Actually we have no idea what her dad's reaction was. But we do know her grandfather's reaction. After Bai Zhi Dijun listened to this (DH's) speech, he pondered for a long time before finally figuring out 'Xiao Bai' was his granddaughter. Bai Zhi Dijun was very upset, believing his only granddaughter had been stolen by Donghua, and had wanted to oppose. And yet, Bai Zhi and Donghua had known each other for tens of thousands of years. Donghua's speech today was longer than everything he had said in all those years combined. Momentarily stunned, Bai Zhi Dijun missed his opportunity to voice his opposition. By the time he recovered, Dijun had taken Fengjiu away from Qinggiu.

Edited to ask a question  Just curious, why does Taiwan's promotion seem more extensive (previous post on buses and bus-stops) or have we just not seen/ had evidence of China's promotion of ELOD?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, XiaoDong said:

Wooooow that is such a HUGE numbers of interactions and forwards! Or is it a normal socmed figure for famous Chinese actress such as  angelbaby and the like?

Just now I checked

Forward: 1 million+    Comments: 262,000

Like 2.92 millions

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

@9tRedFox Oh, he didn't reply further after Reba replied.

@SC2019 Thanks girl for helping out. Some of the phrases they used are very localized and I have to improvise for the translation to even make sense.

On another note, Weibo netizens are calling us ELOD fans super lucky coz we got to see this live interaction between casts. Some commented that they don't know the characters so they can't relate. Now, they all wanted to watch ELOD. I have a feeling viewership will rise!! Yay, good PR, smart move!!!

I think this is one way to promote ELOD that is why there's a very active interactions among the characters, I love it though, thank you guys for updating and translating their posts for us!:love:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Miljenko1708 said:

Sorry I am new here..Started watching the show during the weekend, cant stop watching it, best show ever!!!. Im watching on Viki and dramacool. Please can you tell me whats TMOPB and whats ELOD? Dont understand the meaning..Thank you very much!!!!

Welcome, this is a good show and in shows off the acting versatility of both the main leads.

TMOPB = Ten Miles of Peach Blossom

ELOD = Eternal Love of Dream

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Thanks for the great insight! I guess we can't compare their viewership since they started off with such an unequal footing. To have a achieved 5B views is a great feat so I am still happy. We still have 8 more episodes to go so I am sure the numbers will only keep on climbing.

However, my question is do they count the views from ep1 onwards? Because I have seen a lot of comments that said they will skip the mortal arc and start watching from ep24 only coz according to purists, that's when the real story starts. I wonder if this will affect the overall viewership?

@Zelnk I kinda agree with you. At this point we are all watching at different episodes. So, the discussions seems here and there. If we were all watching at the same pace, I am sure the discussion would have been more lively. We can speculate together, analyze together and have more input. I missed that about this forum where we dissect episodes bit by bit and come out with all sorts of sometimes funny and ridiculous comments!

I agree, if most viewers had seen TMOPB they would probably find the mortal realm arc redundant (though major events are different from the prequel) so they tend to skip that part, that's why when I am promoting ELOD to my friends (who haven't seen The TMOPB yet)  I am telling them not to watch the prequel and watch ELOD from the beggining:lol:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

So if we were to average it out, 30 billion/8 stations - each station has about 3.7 billion views. If one look at it this way, then PB is doing pretty good with 5billion views. Now it one wants to be fair and compare apple with apple, then 5billion x 8 stations = we should get about 40 billion views.

To compare PB 4 billion vs TMOPB 30 billion is like compare apple n watermelon. PB has only 1 station broadcasting it whereas TMOPB has 8.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Me as ELOD & Reba &VG fan: THAT IS UNFAIR!

• Insightful 2

46 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Ah...now I get you. Sorrry blur earlier... but why peanuts to QingTi - or did I get the translation wrong? :dissapointed_relieved:

Qingti loves to drink booze, and I think its peanuts they (with XiaoJiu) munch with.

• Thanks 2

@SC2019 never mind about Bai Yi reaction..he probably fell of his seat already  and just sat on the floor the moment DH make an appearance as his son in law:lol:

Everyone gazed up as they waited for the prince consort mentioned by
Hanshan Zhenren to appear from the sky. But at this point in time, they
saw a purple-robed deity unhurriedly ascending the ceremonial stage from
the right side. He casually fixed his sleeves: “Shall we start? I've just left to
grind my sword.” He had long silver hair, an indigo headband, and a
handsome and regal countenance. When he held a Buddhist sutra, he was
solemn and tranquil beyond all existence. When he wielded a sword, he
was as fierce as a destructive cyclone. He was the person who was sitting
just now on the highest seat of the spectator stands, Donghua Dijun – the
former master of the universe.

The audience completely quieted. In the blink of an
eye they had all dropped to their knees. On the stands, the high-ranking
Zhenhuangs and Shangxians also unseated and got to their feet. If Dijun
was standing, how could anyone else dare to sit? Fengjiu vaguely
remembered something like this had also happened once in Fanyin Valley.
Once this person appeared at Plum Valley, the immortals all instantly got
down on their knees. Fengjiu finally came to understand why Dijun didn't
like to leave home. Wherever he went people kept kneeling down. It was
exhausting just to watch.

Dijun watched the rows upon rows of prostrated immortals rather as
though he was viewing the fragrant saplings he had planted on the 13th
heaven. He slightly waved his hand to excuse the kneeling crowd.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

@SC2019 never mind about Bai Yi reaction..he probably fell of his seat already  and just sat on the floor the moment DH make an appearance as his son in law:lol:

Everyone gazed up as they waited for the prince consort mentioned by
Hanshan Zhenren to appear from the sky. But at this point in time, they
saw a purple-robed deity unhurriedly ascending the ceremonial stage from
the right side. He casually fixed his sleeves: “Shall we start? I've just left to
grind my sword.” He had long silver hair, an indigo headband, and a
handsome and regal countenance. When he held a Buddhist sutra, he was
solemn and tranquil beyond all existence. When he wielded a sword, he
was as fierce as a destructive cyclone. He was the person who was sitting
just now on the highest seat of the spectator stands, Donghua Dijun – the
former master of the universe.

The audience completely quieted. In the blink of an
eye they had all dropped to their knees. On the stands, the high-ranking
Zhenhuangs and Shangxians also unseated and got to their feet. If Dijun
was standing, how could anyone else dare to sit? Fengjiu vaguely
remembered something like this had also happened once in Fanyin Valley.
Once this person appeared at Plum Valley, the immortals all instantly got
down on their knees. Fengjiu finally came to understand why Dijun didn't
like to leave home. Wherever he went people kept kneeling down. It was
exhausting just to watch.

Dijun watched the rows upon rows of prostrated immortals rather as
though he was viewing the fragrant saplings he had planted on the 13th
heaven. He slightly waved his hand to excuse the kneeling crowd.

Ahhhhh...so excited, so excited to see this in live action. I think they will use that Hero's Welcome BGM for this scene. Oh my DH!!! I can already imagine this is my head... Can't wait!!!! :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

57 minutes ago, Miljenko1708 said:

I didnt sleep for three nights watching it..best drama ever!!!!!! Are there anywhere episodes in english from 42-48?

Eng sub on wetv is only up to 42 (if you're a vip), released eps are until eps 48 (no subs yet for 43 to 48, and are only available in china, i believe) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Ahhhhh...so excited, so excited to see this in live action. I think they will use that Hero's Welcome BGM for this scene. Oh my DH!!! I can already imagine this is my head... Can't wait!!!! :tounge_wink:

It would be epic! Do you suppose XY will be there, just what will he mouth off? :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2