[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, angelflower said:

And the preview for Ep 50 - seems like FJ pretends she's lost her memories. This part isn't in the book, I think.

FJ: Which little fox of Qing Qiu are you? (it's so cute that she's holding a strand of his hair - DJ shakes his head) Erm... were you my classmate who studied with me? (DJ shakes his head again) Erm.. or were you an immortal who ate at my blind date feasts? 

DJ: Looks like... you've really lost your memories.

FJ: Huh?

DJ: That's too bad. (takes his hair back)

FJ: What's too bad?

DJ: At first, I was going to go back to Qing Qiu with you to see your family, to discuss how we should arrange a make-up wedding banquet, and make you Empress (Di Hou). But since you've really lost your memories, then all these have to be postponed indefinitely.

FJ: What? What, are you really marrying me?

DJ smirks. (oh FJ :sweatingbullets:)

DJ: Who would have thought that you'd forget everything?

FJ: Wait! Where are you going?

DJ: I'm going to ask Lian Song to send you back to Qing Qiu.

FJ: Then... then are you not marrying me anymore?

DJ: Since you don't remember me, we shall have to forget this matter.

FJ: Ah! Actually... actually, I think I remember now. We were husband and wife in Aranya's dream, right? I was Aranya, and you were Xize.

DJ: How does Aranya's dream count? Since you don't remember me, don't force yourself. 

DJ turns to leave but FJ backhugs him.

FJ: Erm... I think I remember now.

LOLOLOL. Young fox FJ is no match for wily old DJ :P

Thank you for the translation. Really appreciate it. You are doing me such a great favor!! :love:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 5

Ladies... adressing some of your complaints with my personal opinion...

1. The consummation scene.. you cant never satisfy everyone. The decision of choosing this route for directors and team, I believe, have been discussed and talked before, and then decided this was the best approach in reliving that scenes, the most fitting ways to suit genre, PG rating (I think PB is PG-13? CMIIW), and the balance of whole show. Yes they can take it in other directions, to please more mature viewers for example, but they didn't after much consideration. Maybe it's also because viewers are already spoilt so much, viewers want more? Like a child that has been given candies a lot, and when she/he is given another candy she/he no longer satisfied with just a candy, she/he wants the whole candy store..

2. Rushed ending concern.. again, if we look closely in the book, aranya arc takes the most of 2nd volume.. aranya arc is about 16 and half chapter, and the following events (like bin chang, wedding, jiheng, separation and final battle) are only covered 5 and half chapter, and a little bit of epilogue, we can say aranya arc tales 2/3 of 2nd volume. (Maybe they feels longer because the parts after aranya have lots of favourite events, so readers feels more attached to this). If they follow this direction, packing up all the following events into 6 to 7 episode is actually still reasonable. But yeah, for this I will hold my judgement until I watch the whole drama whether the final feel rushed or not. 

Just my two cent.... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 18
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow I didn't visit soompi for 2 and half days and I have to catch up with 15 pages Long:sweatingbullets:

I haven't see the newest episode  since I wanted to watch with the full understanding but I saw all the spoiler here and there -_- now I'm getting tempted to see it without the sub. 

10 minutes ago, memine said:

1. The consummation scene.. you cant never satisfy everyone. The decision of choosing this route for directors and team, I believe, have been discussed and talked before, and then decided this was the best approach in reliving that scenes, the most fitting ways to suit genre, PG rating (I think PB is PG-13? CMIIW), and the balance of whole show. Yes they can take it in other directions, to please more mature viewers for example, but they didn't after much consideration. Maybe it's also because viewers are already spoilt so much, viewers want more? Like a child that has been given candies a lot, and when she/he is given another candy she/he no longer satisfied with just a candy, she/he wants the whole candy store..

I agree with you. They needed because of the sensorhip :sweatingbullets: 

Although I hope a little bit more in kissing part:rolleyes:

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, memine said:

2. Rushed ending concern.. again, if we look closely in the book, aranya arc takes the most of 2nd volume.. aranya arc is about 16 and half chapter, and the following events (like bin chang, wedding, jiheng, separation and final battle) are only covered 5 and half chapter, and a little bit of epilogue, we can say aranya arc tales 2/3 of 2nd volume. (Maybe they feels longer because the parts after aranya have lots of favourite events, so readers feels more attached to this). If they follow this direction, packing up all the following events into 6 to 7 episode is actually still reasonable. But yeah, for this I will hold my judgement until I watch the whole drama whether the final feel rushed or not. 

Just my two cent.... :sweatingbullets:

Fully agree with you. It's not because of the actors personal life being in a relationship or not it's the directive to suit the censorship and to my knowledge Reba had a few good kissing scenes with Bin Bin and Denglun before so she can really do a good smooch if the director insisted. As for Vengo they did it already in V love so it not them to be blamed on. As for the rush ending I too will wait and see what entails to give any thoughts forward. But now let's enjoy the ride even if it's a bit bumpy and see thru the end. :rolleyes:

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Fully agree with you. It's not because of the actors personal life being in a relationship or not it's the directive to suit the censorship and to my knowledge Reba had a few good kissing scenes with Bin Bin and Denglun before so she can really do a good smooch if the director insisted. As for Vengo they did it already in V love so it not them to be blamed on. As for the rush ending I too will wait and see what entails to give any thoughts forward. But now let's enjoy the ride even if it's a bit bumpy and see thru the end. :rolleyes:

As for me, i felt that the consumation scene was really a downgrade compared to other intimate scenes they have (my heart did not even flutter :D). I do understand about censorship. I am not really expecting them to follow the book. But the mortal arc bed scene had more impact for me.  I also feel that if they did a better job for this scene, i think viewership will be more. Also this scene was one of the hightlights for me, so kinda bumer for me.

what also irks me is that this scene felt like it was directed by somebody else. All other intimate scenes they had was great for me.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, angelflower said:

@Marie Kay They absolutely did.

Sigh... I agree with all of you here about the lack of steaminess. And actually people who mentioned The Romance of Hua Rong - actually they cut most of the kisses in that one too. The BTS was way more exciting (tongue was involved) which made the actual footage even harder to swallow. Though I didn't watch TMOPB, I think I recall seeing steamier scenes, no? (maybe it was easier for two married people (YM at the time) so rumours wouldn't swirl that easily)...

Haven't watched the latest but saw the previews for 49 and 50 on YT. Not sure if there's been translations but here we go:

Preview for Ep 49:

I'm not sure who DH and FJ are fighting? Maybe I need to watch the latest episodes to figure it out.. Is it the battle that Aranya goes to?

Man... Shen Ye's heartbreak :tears:

SY: She's a shadow. I'm also a shadow.

SY: Everything was in vain.

SY: Aranya, Aranya, where are you? Where are you, Aranya? Come back...

SY: I shouldn't have let you suffer so much while you were alive. And here I was, foolishly thinking everything could be redone. 

MY: Shen Ye!

Thank you for the translation. It was so heartbreaking to watch this scene. Vengo needs more roles like this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

As for me, i felt that the consumation scene was really a downgrade compared to other intimate scenes they have (my heart did not even flutter :D). I do understand about censorship. I am not really expecting them to follow the book. But the mortal arc bed scene had more impact for me.  I also feel that if they did a better job for this scene, i think viewership will be more. Also this scene was one of the hightlights for me, so kinda bumer for me.

what also irks me is that this scene felt like it was directed by somebody else. All other intimate scenes they had was great for me.

I feel like they went for it for their first kiss in V-Love. 

To satisfy fans, they should release more behind-the-scenes of these kisses for DH and FJ. That is what happened for The Romance of Huang Rong.  The powers that be used the BTS videos to attract more viewers.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

I hope they would release a directors cut, will gladly pay and watch again.  Even the bts they put out is just okay (their tmopb bts was much more fun) :D dunno what they are hiding or there are really no worthy bts like other series.

• Like 6

Vengo does heartbreak really well. I don't know if its his eyes. My heart can't take it when I watched Shen Ye devastated after discovering that he is just DH's shadow and there is no way he can get Aranya back.

It felt like his whole world is collapsing and I wish there was something to be said to make it better but there isn't at all. Nothing can be done. Everything was final and the regrets that came with the discovery probably made him lose all his will to live.  It's just too heartbreaking to watch. 

A random thought came to me while watching Vengo though. He reminds me of Cha Seung Won, at least the fun and sassy personality and a hard worker.  I think Vengo will age like fine wine. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 4

29 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

The general consensus on Weibo is the same as us. However, after watching the whole episodes from the jealous DH seeing CY embracing FJ tothe  drenched in rain scene to the bathtub scene and transitioned to the bed scene, it wasnt that bad. Could it be better? Absolutely!

Funny Weibo comments:

DHDJ, it took you only 15 secs to make Bai Gun Gun

The fastest man of Jiuchong Tien!

DHDJ super super seed!!

The most useless prop is the quilt cover.

Please get some tips on how to make love like a man from Ye Hua!!

• LOL 18

3 hours ago, JULCHA said:

Anyone know if you can download the files so you can watch offline?

You can bit torrent the files. I usually get them 1080p and the resync the English sub since the episodes have commercials in between.

13 minutes ago, Barbedflower said:

Vengo does heartbreak really well. I don't know if its his eyes. My heart can't take it when I watched Shen Ye devastated after discovering that he is just DH's shadow and there is no way he can get Aranya back.

It felt like his whole world is collapsing and I wish there was something to be said to make it better but there isn't at all. Nothing can be done. Everything was final and the regrets that came with the discovery probably made him lose all his will to live.  It's just too heartbreaking to watch. 

A random thought came to me while watching Vengo though. He reminds me of Cha Seung Won, at least the fun and sassy personality and a hard worker.  I think Vengo will age like fine wine. :wub:

Vengo did absolutely fantastic as Chen Ye. He portrayed the tormented look part very well. It's funny because Chen Ye was devastated when he saw Aranya with XZ being lovey dovey and DH turned into a green eyed monster thinking FJ took the Aranya role too seriously. It's the same actor but the feel is so different! And seeing both of them getting upset with each other gives me the giggles.

I have to comment about Reba as well. 

Spoiler

Her acting is top notch during Aranya life reveal with Chen Ye! Her angst and sadness while asking Chen Ye * Where were you!!!!!!* Oh gosh..Her outbursts and anger, she potrayed all the emotions so amazingly. I felt for her and for Aranya and for Chen Ye!! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

@memine i agree with your input..but my PB's satisfaction is not fully satisfied..:sweatingbullets: I can understand the censorship. But they could at least kissed and the drapes fell to assume otherwise..that would have been better. But then, we got no mouth to mouth contact..hence the disappointment.. *oh well*

@Sisca_TVXQ love those moments!! I was laughing like a richard simmons through those scenes.

Any body noticed the indirect kiss between FJ and SMY, when he got released from DJ's torture imprisonment. :lol: Episode 45...

He drank the tea from the sprout and then FJ used the same bottle to pour herself some tea.  Just saying...If DJ saw this, do you think he would have kept SMY back? :ph34r:

Give him this look..

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2