[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Hello Pillow Book community, I would like to thank you all for all the content and comments made here. I've been inactive from Soompi for 5 years, but I couldn't sit and read your comment any longer without saying or liking comments. One day or actually 1/2 night was all it took for me to be back. So no behalf of my Pillow Book loving heart thank you all. :wub: :wub:

Welcome welcome fellow old time Soompier! My last post in Soompi was in 2012 and I lost access to that account totally. Hahaha..but don't worry, the peeps are just as nice here as back in our old time. Enjoy the stay!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see a lot of VG love for his portrayal of CY/DH, and I wholeheartedly agree but I want to just give DR a shout out too, I feel like she gets type casted in cutesy roles, but she did a great job portraying the subtleties of Aranya so you really do feel she is someone else in those scenes, when DR acts as Aranya she has a sadness that you feel, she seems a bit detached from those around her, whereas FJ isn't like that, she's more cheerful, having been well loved, and well liked. Also, I think they changed the make up for DR as Aranya or maybe even her hair, that's why she looks different,  I think it's the eybrows, they're not as sharp, and are fuller, and darker.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

In one of the interviews, Dylan praised Dilraba's beauty and he said his experience has helped him maintain his composure in front of her. 

I dont know about Dilraba but if I was there almost nose to nose with Dylan my drool will surely drown both of us :joy:

And if that was Vengo I might just faint on the spot :joy:... of course I make sure I got to cling to his neck or something like that :love::naughty::joy:

• LOL 10

I am not too disappointed in ep 46 raw episodes of the consummation scene. we have many great scenes of the affections DH gives to FG in Fanyinin valley. I  have seen up to ep 40 today. I think we need to appreciate that are lot of great romantic scenes between them that are very sweet and I think these weigh more than just sex. There is passion in ep 42 cave scene and ep 35.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Emperor Dong Hua is in jealous streak. He sees now that Feng Jiu gets admirers without even trying. :D Gah, DH, she only made effort for you, too bad you never noticed her. And when you did, you pranked her? Now the table is turned as you now see how she is adored by almost every guy around her. B)

• LOL 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, taekwang said:

I finished raw for ep 48!!!!!!!!! Love the 6 episodes!

also finished the season 1 -ten miles of peach blossoms and ashes of love. 

what should I watch now? Until next Thursday 

any recommendations? 

or I watch ten miles again ?

You can also try Love and Destiny/Eternal Love with Ni Ni and Chang Chen. It follows the same formula as Ten Miles of Peach Blossom and Pillow Book. The acting is top notch.

If you want cutesy and fluffy, watch The Eternal Love Web Drama with Liang Jie and Xing Zhaolin for both seasons. This is really low budget, but worth it for the leads' chemistry. They added Chen You Wei for more eye candy for season 2 and upcoming season 3.

If you want deep thinking and something that blur the line between good and evil, then watch The Untamed Special Edition. This is only 20 episodes.  The original has 50 episodes. Of course, if you do not mind BL. Most of the BL stuffs are subtle looks and smiles. BUT you will keep thinking about the tragic stories behind the characters main or support.  I question the popularity of this drama at first until I watched it.  It really made me think if we REALLY KNOW the people around us and everyone has both a good and evil side. Yes, I did see both versions. Each character also has a song.  So the soundtrack is beautiful. Since this is a low budget production, it shows with the CGI, lighting, and sometimes first time actors. But they all did the best that they could with what they had.

Joy of Life was beautifully filmed, had beautiful acting and the script was very taut.  But the ending was very frustrating!

If you enjoy warring/conflicts, then Nirvana in Fire with Hu Ge and Liu Tao. This is a masterpiece behind the Romance of the Three Kingdom.

Goodbye, My Princess is good, but I find the male lead to be quite psychologically abusive towards the female lead, even if he is trying to protect her.

Legend of Yunxi with Ju Jingy, Zhang Zhehan, and Merxat is also good. The love story is sweet, but the ending is open to interpretation.

My 2 cents...

Edited by Sun Tzu
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Ermmmm...One question...how exactly did joy of life ended...it was a great show...but when I came to know it is divided in seasons I dropped in middle:sweatingbullets:

Major Spoiler for Joy of Life:

The final scenes of season one reveal the second prince as the big bad. Furthermore, Yan Bingyun(Xiao Zhan) brutally stabs Fan Xian in the back. In Yan Bingyun's words, it was his answer to the second prince's request for them to become allies. 

Here is a side note, Xiao Zhan said that he was confused about his characters sometimes. Apparently, he was working on both The Untamed and Joy of Life at the same time. So he forgets which character he is supposed to play.

Edited by Sun Tzu
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Ermmmm...One question...how exactly did joy of life ended...it was a great show...but when I came to know it is divided in seasons I dropped in middle:sweatingbullets:

On a clip hanger  but it is so good so I would still see it. The best drama non fantasy drama of 2019

Spoiler

The main lead gets stabbed and life on line

4 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Guys...Is next week the last week for this drama??!?!?! :bawling::bawling::bawling: All 8 remaining episodes will be out? I'm not ready to say good bye-----:cold_sweat:

For me it will be over In 2 weeks when I can see the ent sub epiaodes if available- I want to make  sure I understand everything . I like the WeTV app since it eng sub the BTS. 

• Like 4

Hello ladies (or any gentleman here?),

Finally, after 5 or 6 years, my soompi ID still works.

TQ for all the posting here. Its has been a long time since I stop by but pillow books manage to break my silence.

Dont mind me, I'm still at the early page of this thread. Keep posting, Im sure will read it. :)

Hi mod @angelangie glad to see some familiar faces here.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Guys...Is next week the last week for this drama??!?!?! :bawling::bawling::bawling: All 8 remaining episodes will be out? I'm not ready to say good bye-----:cold_sweat:

I feel like we waited so long, and it's going so fast!! So, is it too early to say I definitely think it's better than L&D? Not that there was anything wrong with L&D, as it is special in it's own way, and the closest we'll get to Moyuan's story. *sigh. I know the author is controversial so we will likely never get MY and Shao Wan's story. I'm so glad I had you all to gush about it with though!!

• Like 2