[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

7 minutes ago, carmolita said:

Is mark chao going to have a cameo as Ye Hua?

I believe not. Which will be interesting since Bai Qian, Ye Qua AND Mo Yuan are supposed to go on a rescue mission in the end. Poor Bai Qian, it will be all over her :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Najl said:

Does anyone or the novel say why dong hua made a maze in ep 30?

DH overhead/saw YCW help FJ made a tunnel leading to under the Sasha fruit tree to steal it. So after YCW n FJ left, he erased YCW tunnel n created a 3 way tunnel to mislead them  to prevent them from stealing the fruit.

@sleepydee22DH didn't cut his own arm. He was hurt by the demon queen when he shield FJ from the demon queen attack. 

He didn't expect to see FJ during his mediation.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

Goodness..Ive been gone for half a day and all I see is scandals on Vengao.. :sweat_smile: What the hell has our DiJun been up to??!!! 

I've seen these scandals before..all I can say is, hope he's protected...:lol: 

Don't worry, like in novel said, protecting DH has become FJ instinct, so she will protect him at any cost.... but, WAIT!!!! What protection you mean??? 

8624af27.gif~c200

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 8

16 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

DH overhead/saw YCW help FJ made a tunnel leading to under the Sasha fruit tree to steal it. So after YCW n FJ left, he erased YCW tunnel n created a 3 way tunnel to mislead them  to prevent them from stealing the fruit.

@sleepydee22DH didn't cut his own arm. He was hurt by the demon queen when he shield FJ from the demon queen attack. 

I am not sure if it is me , but for someone who didn’t read the book, some parts Had a much deeper meaning that I would have missed if you all didn’t share parts of the novel with us. 

And he didn’t expect to see FJ during mediation but JH? That girl must have been pestering him that he would rather meditate in the snow rather then in the warm cozy house. 

@9tRedFox I watched that too! Reba is just so flexible. I need to learn splits again, too many years of not doing it and I have lost the ability to do so.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Hehe in the novel, the origin of the injury was actually kinda fishy. 

From Book 1, page 232:

” ‘Pardon me for my ignorance. You seem so comfortable, I really can’t see where exactly your royal body is injured.’ 

A soft breeze fluttered the sleeve of Donghua’s robe. There was indeed a long gash on his right arm where warm blood was now gushing from. It wasn’t there a moment ago, perhaps it had been covered by the garment’s dark hue.”

Later in the novel, to keep FJ by his side (in Aranya’s dream, when he had taken Xize’s identity), he shamelessly gave himself a wound so that she would have to stay and tend to him. :rolleyes:

Our Dijun really has thick skin... :smirk:

• LOL 9

12 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

@memine, well apparently he sucks at this hence Bai Gun Gun came into being :D

Dear gurl... truthfully i don't understand what you talking about :naughty:

tenor.gif

@Em D Dijun just uses strategy to successfully aiming his gains. He knows FJ's softspot.. remember the couple's motto (and i will adopt this too soon) "shameless can make you win in almost anything:sweatingbullets: with shamelessness comes thick skin, you can never do one without the other :tounge_xd:

• Naughty 2
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

I believe not. Which will be interesting since Bai Qian, Ye Qua AND Mo Yuan are supposed to go on a rescue mission in the end. Poor Bai Qian, it will be all over her :joy:

I think they will probably do a fade to black with Feng Jiu and Dong Hua and then have Zhe Yan or Bai Zhen mention about Bai Qian, Ye Hua and Mo Yuan lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Dong Hua didn’t know that those two were trying to steal the Saha fruit until FJ mentions it to him by mistake later right? It’s more likely that he created the extra tunnels to mess with FJ or he was jealous of those two spending time together lol

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

2 hours ago, Najl said:

PB 1, pages 239 - 240

Second, Donghua's attitude toward her had always been puzzling, but 
since she was too occupied with the situation at hand, she didn't have time 
to think about it. Honestly speaking, it was wholly within reason to 
believe that because Dijun must absolutely stay for twelve hours to purge 
the monster's foul spirit, he didn't mind sacrificing his own arm to keep her 
with him so that he wouldn't become bored.
But was the bored King that 
absurd? Alright, so he was definitely a very bored, and very absurd sort of 
person no matter how one looked at him. But could he really be that bored? That absurd? She shouldn’t think so poorly of Dijun this way. 
After a bit more mulling, she dropped the matter altogether. In reality, her 
rationalization was entirely correct..

• Like 1

The end of Eps 30 as per novel,

The third question: Fengjiu recognized right away her familiar bed and soft 
quilt at Jifeng Yuan. On a corner of the quilt were several embroidered 
peonies which she had butchered into daisies when she was practicing her 
stitching the other night. She remembered falling asleep to the lingering 
sound of residual rain along with Donghua's even breathing. Behind that 
curtain of rain, the sky had been lit with stars. She had felt warm because 
she was forced to hold Donghua's hand. His body had also emitted 
warmth. She had gradually lowered herself onto his precious head and fell 
asleep. She clearly remembered leaning against Donghua's divan. She was 
cold at first, but it became warmer and warmer as her sleep went on.
For 
that reason, she slept soundly and remained dormant for an unknown 
length of time. But why did she wake up in her own room at this moment?

DH, you are so naughty :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/16/2020 at 4:36 PM, Maria Brimstone said:

I always laughed when people with roles of Generals or soldiers in a historical setting have super white skin and are skinny AF. My mum can never watch those dramas because of how off putting how pretty some people are lololol. I think that's why the only recent historical drama she fully watched was Nirvana in Fire. Older veteran actors that look like men and not boys and no pretty idol boys hahaha.

It's quite sad that there aren't many options for more mature tastes for older audiences considering how big the industry is now. We use to watch dramas together, but now she just doesn't like many of them.

A lot of Asian actors and actresses also don't seem to put in the effort to change their body shape for their role unlike in Western films. Though the likes of Christian Bale would be an extreme example.

I agree with your mom! Asian dramas always cast young pretty boys,  but I much prefer more mature less traditionally good looking leading men/ actors ( ie Chang Chen) but also,  it's about their acting for me, even if they are handsome, if they can't act the part then I'm not interested.  I thought Mark Chao was so handsome!! I didn't even know that in China they were trashing him bc " he wasn't good looking enough to be Yehua" Actually think it's a good thing that they don't buff up, those kinds of bodies are unrealistic,  and many western actors talk about how miserable they are during this period.  Recently,  Henry Cavil, was interviewed about the Witcher bath scene and he revealed he basically starved and dehydrated himself 2 days for that scene.  So, I'm okay with them being a bit skinny and not having abs, lol.  It's just  like how the media expects women to be thin,  but still have "curves", soo unrealistic. Also,  VG is like 6 ft 3" and very slim,  that body type is hard to gain the weight needed to grow muscle mass, he probably bulked up for Candle in the tomb, but lost all the muscle mass due to being busy. Let's not judge him too harshly. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Dong Hua didn’t know that those two were trying to steal the Saha fruit until FJ mentions it to him by mistake later right? It’s more likely that he created the extra tunnels to mess with FJ or he was jealous of those two spending time together lol

No I think he did knew because before he saw fengjiu trying to go to the saga fruit ,remember?? She asked meng shao about it and then went alone bit she couldn't enter the force camp an then got scared by the big sneakes so she left and then  donghua  was right there but he was invicible he only stared at her saying no with his head so I think he knew what they were trying to do and made those tunnels so they can't enter the force camp and get hurt

• Like 1