[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 8/21/2021 at 4:09 AM, Ninky said:

But Di Jun replied saying that Shao Wan's wards are unrivalled in the world and even for him to force his way through, he would need to expend a very great deal of effort so he said there wasn't a point. 

Shao Wan's powers that is still in place hundreds of millenia after she went to deep sleep is testament on how amazing this ancient white phoenix goddess is.

When Xue Yi, her envoy (all the remaining 3 woke up when she did) asked her if she must do what she is doing now, she replied: "Being able to do this as a last act of saying goodbye, I am already satisfied, and he will only remember everything that has happened before as a dream. To say the truth, to end everything here is not a bad thing. But I have made a promise, that after the Water Punishment is done, he will come and find me, and take me away to travel the world as vagabonds for the rest of our lives. I... can't keep my promise, but I can give him a Cheng Yu, and let that Cheng Yu fulfill my promise. "

Sigh. These ancients. One carved out half his heart to keep his beloved safe and protected for always. This one "extracts" the Cheng Yu in her and creates a "replica" to keep her promise to her fated water god.

Her envoy tried to advice her against doing this as he can clearly see that she can't bear to leave Lian song and said that she still had 30,000 years to go before the event happens so why not use the remaining time wisely

This was before TMOPB and PB, isnt it, if I remember correctly from the revised, more detailed timeline?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@Ninky I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you and your family. Thank you for sparing what little time you have to translate/summaries' the novels. 

Three volumes, Lotus step must be rich with details and complex storyline. 

It's a 4 volume book so it's going to wind up being a rich tome of 3L3W universe characters and a beautiful storyline of sacrificial love :D. It will be a HEA. Just that we will cry quite a bit to get there. 

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Shao Wan's powers that is still in place hundreds of millenia after she went to deep sleep is testament on how amazing this ancient white phoenix goddess is.

Yes, Dong Hua is well aware of how capable she is. Don't forget they both did exceptionally well in the same classes and also failed the same classes hahaha. She and Dong Hua are talented in magical arts so both of them are very powerful spell casters. She is also an excellent strategist. Her formation can defeat Dong Hua's Qian Yuan Greater Formation with far less resources. That is a testament to how intelligent and powerful she is.

Sigh. These ancients. One carved out half his heart to keep his beloved safe and protected for always. This one "extracts" the Cheng Yu in her and creates a "replica" to keep her promise to her fated water god.

Yes, when they fall in love, they fall so hard. It is in her last mortal lifetime that she learnt how to love. That was her motive for going through the many reincarnation cycles. To understand and feel what love is truly about. 

This was before TMOPB and PB, isnt it, if I remember correctly from the revised, more detailed timeline?

Yes, this would be before both of those stories began. From here, she needed to sleep for close to 30,000 years to regain her full abilities and cultivation. However, we know from Back to Chaos in a Dream that she recently went from 成玉元君 (Cheng Yu Yuan Jun) back to 光神祖媞 (Zu Ti, Goddess of Light). Little Gun Gun let slip to us the reader by calling her Cheng Yu before correcting himself and calling her Zu Ti. So somehow Lian Song eventually did figure out that Cheng Yu and Zu Ti are one and the same and managed to avert the disaster and she only got injured and didn't fade. This would be a pretty big injury considering that she needed to go into seclusion to heal herself, leading to poor Gun Gun running headlong into her seclusion ward.

This was the sugar Tang Qi gave us to give us all the strength to handle the angst before the HEA LOL!

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:06 PM, Ninky said:

Yes, this would be before both of those stories began. From here, she needed to sleep for close to 30,000 years to regain her full abilities and cultivation. However, we know from Back to Chaos in a Dream that she recently went from 成玉元君 (Cheng Yu Yuan Jun) back to 光神祖媞 (Zu Ti, Goddess of Light). Little Gun Gun let slip to us the reader by calling her Cheng Yu before correcting himself and calling her Zu Ti. So somehow Lian Song eventually did figure out that Cheng Yu and Zu Ti are one and the same and managed to avert the disaster and she only got injured and didn't fade. This would be a pretty big injury considering that she needed to go into seclusion to heal herself, leading to poor Gun Gun running headlong into her seclusion ward.

Whenever I remember Dong Hua telling Lian Song that he will take Cheng Yu as his goddaughter, I've always thought of it as something odd for him to say. After all, he is a cold recluse; why would he notice the newish immortal that Lian Song likes, much less take her under his wings. Even if it's just a clap back to make his half son Lian Song sweat. And I think Lian Song took the goddaughter business seriously as well.

But it makes sense over time since I rather think Dong Hua already have an inkling on who she really is, and who is Lian Song to Zu Ti. It's his own way of "looking after" those who are in deep sleep.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:06 PM, Ninky said:

This was the sugar Tang Qi gave us to give us all the strength to handle the angst before the HEA LOL!

Sigh, she'll make us readers crawling by the time the 6th book is released. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

On 8/21/2021 at 1:09 AM, Ninky said:

SPOILER WARNING FROM VOL TWO OF LOTUS STEP!

Shao Wan is really powerful. If you don't mind spoilers from the end of Vol 2 of Lotus Step, here's what happened:

At the end of Lotus Step Vol 2, Dong Hua sensed the awakening of Zu Ti and headed to Gu Yao Mountain (Zu Ti's home) with Zhong Lin to have a look only to run into an ancient ward set up by Shao Wan. Zhong Lin suggested that perhaps Di Jun could try to force his way through. But Di Jun replied saying that Shao Wan's wards are unrivalled in the world and even for him to force his way through, he would need to expend a very great deal of effort so he said there wasn't a point. 

He told Zhong Lin that for Zu Ti to return and immediately seal Gu Yao Mountains, it must be something important to her. Zhong Lin was worried that Zu Ti can't manage whatever problem she was trying to solve and sealed the mountain off as a solution but Di Jun wasn't hahaha. He said she is after all a Chaos Era Goddess, one from his own generation. LOL @ Zhong Lin for belittling a goddess from the same generation as Di Jun.

Ok tough explanation coming but at this point, my tears started falling. Zu Ti has awakened and returned to Gu Yao Mountain. She then separated her mortal memories of her last life (as Cheng Yu) from her immortal body. The reason why she did so was because she had another divination that she will have to sacrifice herself for another impending world disaster that will lead her to fading and possibly never return. 

As a result she went through a lot of physical pain to break her mortal memories away from her and move it back into a mortal body (Cheng Yu). Zu Ti loves Lian Song very much at this point and decided not to let him bear the pain of her loss in the future. So she decided to take Cheng Yu's memories out of her mind and very bones and create a new soul with all those memories in it and move it into one last mortal body that Xie Ming had created for her. This is to allow the puppet "Cheng Yu" to take her place in loving him for one lifetime so that in the event the prophecy happens, he need not suffer her loss. This was Zu Ti's way of saying goodbye even if it cost her so much pain and suffering to separate those memories. (I bawled at the end of the book, nuff said).   

By this point in the book, Lian Song had gifted Cheng Yu/Zu Ti his reverse scale. Every dragon has only one reverse scale and they give this scale to the person they love. (hint this applies to all dragons in this universe, makes you think of two other couples right?)

When Xue Yi, her envoy (all the remaining 3 woke up when she did) asked her if she must do what she is doing now, she replied: "Being able to do this as a last act of saying goodbye, I am already satisfied, and he will only remember everything that has happened before as a dream. To say the truth, to end everything here is not a bad thing. But I have made a promise, that after the Water Punishment is done, he will come and find me, and take me away to travel the world as vagabonds for the rest of our lives. I... can't keep my promise, but I can give him a Cheng Yu, and let that Cheng Yu fulfill my promise. "

Her envoy is worried that Lian Song will see through the fact that the new "Cheng Yu" is  nothing more than a puppet but she insists he won't. (Trust me in the end he will, and he will try to stop her, I think that's how this story is going in my opinion).

She is planning to regain all her cultivation by going into a deep sleep for quite some time after this as she needs it to handle the impending disaster (I am guessing that this disaster is the big event that will happen at Kun Lun as per what was mentioned in Back to Chaos in a Dream, and since half of Kun Lun sealed the three poisons of mankind, it might have to have something to do with it -> only my conjecture at this point). And knowing that she was going to sacrifice herself later, she decided to do this. 

Her envoy tried to advice her against doing this as he can clearly see that she can't bear to leave Lian song and said that she still had 30,000 years to go before the event happens so why not use the remaining time wisely

But alas, as she is the Goddess of Light, the keeper of time and foresight (the ability to see the future), she needed to sleep longer than a regular god to regain all of her ability and cultivation.  

And she said these heartbreaking words, "My destiny with him can only happen with this Cheng Yu for one lifetime". Then she sighed and continued, "He loves Cheng Yu, so I shall give him his Cheng Yu. This is the last thing I am able to give him."

After that a heartrendering scream and crying shook the entire Gu Yao Mountain (her memories of her love for Lian Song runs right into her very bones so stripping these memories out of her is an extremely painful process). Her envoys describe the scream as one that is filled with pain, hopelessness and dread before everything went silent (She had gone into her deep sleep). 

Sigh, Tang Qi made me weep again. She really loves Lian Song, that much. But we shall see how "puppet Cheng Yu" pans out in volume 3. I am pretty sure Lian Song will figure it out with Dong Hua's help. He might not be able to see through it but another Chaos era God might be able to. 

These ancients and their constant willingness to sacrifice. Dong Hua (almost died to save the world) and Shao Wan ("died" to save humans) were the same. So like them, she is duty bound.

Tang qi is such a amazing storyteller. The novels get better and better!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Any Ye Qingti (Xu Shao Ying)fans? Can't exactly recall seeing these Ye Qingti stills or if these were posted in the thread before. :)

If anything, the SXR stepmother Empress Dowager is also impressive. Fun Fact: Yang Ming Na is the Khatun in The Long Ballad drama shown early this year. So it's the second time she and Reba plays similar roles and their characters' relationship of a noble lady stepmother and prospective stepdaughter in law. 

EUX2paGXQAES64Q?format=jpg&name=large

EUX2pbVWsAAe2TN?format=jpg&name=large

Credits: @ulthyukk

• Like 1

Question: in the mortal trial, Ling Xiang is a mortal isn’t she?Why was there a mortal even in Nie Chuyin’s employ? Wouldn’t it have been better to let one of his own immortal brethren stay by Chu Wan?

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Question: in the mortal trial, Ling Xiang is a mortal isn’t she?Why was there a mortal even in Nie Chuyin’s employ? Wouldn’t it have been better to let one of his own immortal brethren stay by Chu Wan?

Nie Chuyin's a saboteur doing something in the sly. The lesser demons who knew what he was doing, the more chance he'll be successful with his plans. Besides, a mortal for most of these immortals is expendable.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Ok, we know Bai Qian definitely outranks Su Jin and Xuan Nu since she is a high goddess.

but when it comes to Feng Jiu, Zhihe and Jiheng? Before the villainous princesses got exiled, who had a higher rank?

feng Jiu is a queen, but she is the youngest.

both Zhihe and Jiheng are older but they are merely the princess sisters of the actual leaders.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Megan said:

Ok, we know Bai Qian definitely outranks Su Jin and Xuan Nu since she is a high goddess.

but when it comes to Feng Jiu, Zhihe and Jiheng? Before the villainous princesses got exiled, who had a higher rank?

feng Jiu is a queen, but she is the youngest.

both Zhihe and Jiheng are older but they are merely the princess sisters of the actual leaders.

Feng Jiu as a queen and her grandfather and father both being High Gods will out rank those other ones as they were princesses of farther generations.

Technically from DH side, Feng Jiu now outranks Bai Qian as the spouse of the former Emperor of the known universe.    Which puts her at even equal or slightly higher than even her grandfather.  Ye Hua's rank is also a little muddled since he is so young but is the twin to Mo Yuan so direct son of Father God.    

So as its been said before these two foxes's marriages have caused all sorts of crazyness to their ranks.

• LOL 3