[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Ah well apparently going grocery shopping can cause problems now with covid spreading all over Melbourne. I went grocery shopping last week at the nearby shopping centre and bam someone went there with covid and now I have to do a covid test and wait to get a negative result before i can get out of the house. I am so over the pandemic!!!!

About two weeks ago, I exited just exited a two week quarantine along with my family  as someone at my daughter’s school got it. And now bam I am a tier two contact because I went grocery shopping!!!!

Really?  they dont even let us known for things like a grocery place. 

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I think it has to do with contact tracing.

Some stores and establishments have a QR code that needs to be swiped in order to trace whoever has been inside. 

We have something similar like that implemented from where I’m located. There's an app that must be installed in mobiles, and the individual QR code will be scanned before entering establishments. Contact tracing is very swift.

There are also thermal scanners at the point of entries, even in public transpo. Anyone whose temperature is above normal wouldn't be allowed in.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, ChibiLy said:

Me too. The last thing I expect is that the peaches can be used like a contraceptive pill.  

Ironically, while there are contraceptive peaches, there are no peaches that make one pregnant, as FJ soon found out, lol, thinking her uncle would get pregnant.

• LOL 4

10 hours ago, Megan said:

Ironically, while there are contraceptive peaches, there are no peaches that make one pregnant, as FJ soon found out, lol, thinking her uncle would get pregnant.

4th brother wouldnt .. but might explain how their mom was able to have 5 while of the kids, only 2nd Brother and Bai Qian of the next generation have had kids, and of course now Bai Feng Jiu. 

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, Romulan said:

4th brother wouldnt .. but might explain how their mom was able to have 5 while of the kids, only 2nd Brother and Bai Qian of the next generation have had kids, and of course now Bai Feng Jiu. 

The next generation have plenty of time for more kids.

• LOL 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:38 AM, Megan said:

Watching ELOD ep 18….I am thinking the Bai women are clueless when it comes to love.

I think FJ trust her friends a lot. She only saw General Ye as a friend and she was so consumed with her own emotions, she probably didn't consider General Ye may have feelings for her. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, vivi0303 said:

We are moving the wedding out for another two years :joy: I decided to go back to school for another doctorate. Hehe. Mom can't really argue, because she wants the ENTIRE family to attend, so we have to wait until the world allows that. :smirk:

Safety is most important. So glad it sounds like the decision is mutual. Hopefully in 2 years time, the world will be a much safer place and you can have the wedding of your dream.

On 9/11/2021 at 11:40 PM, Ninky said:

Ah well apparently going grocery shopping can cause problems now with covid spreading all over Melbourne. I went grocery shopping last week at the nearby shopping centre and bam someone went there with covid and now I have to do a covid test and wait to get a negative result before i can get out of the house. I am so over the pandemic!!!!

About two weeks ago, I exited just exited a two week quarantine along with my family  as someone at my daughter’s school got it. And now bam I am a tier two contact because I went grocery shopping!!!!

Ah Ninky. It has been such a rough year for Melbourne. Hopefully all is well for you. 

The positive is, there are more people getting vaccinated, this is at least a step towards the right direction.

Watching the competition, I wish the flute and Qin music would be part of the soundtrack CD.

Why does no one call Jiheng out for being a biased judge?

Does anyone find it interesting how the students of Fanyin Valley have uniforms that look similar to Aranya’s attire?

surely it was known she lived to wear red, even if her name was forbidden

Now that I think about it, XY is a better fighter than Chuyin. So why can Feng Jiu hold her own against XY?

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Even if Ji Heng intentionally intended to make things difficult for Feng Jiu, nothing was violated under the watchful eyes of the spectators and the judges Di Jun and Queen Junou. The flute and qin is to test how the competitor can gauge and keep up with the musician's mood and playing.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Does anyone find it interesting how the students of Fanyin Valley have uniforms that look similar to Aranya’s attire?

surely it was known she lived to wear red, even if her name was forbidden

It's merely a uniform colour, and though Aranya was taboo, the cut and style of the clothes there are similar to everyone. Besides, red shows up well in the forever winter kingdom, so the academy students are easily recognised.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Now that I think about it, XY is a better fighter than Chuyin. So why can Feng Jiu hold her own against XY?

That's because Feng Jiu wasn't a pampered princess in the first place. Given that the Bais are allowed to roam and gain experience as they wish, that wouldn't be the case if they aren't confident that they can protect themselves when there's no help nearby.

Also, as per Lian Song, she had 30,000 years of using the sword. Then Dong Hua trained her in balance, perception, and heightened her senses such that she can fight blindfolded. She can definitely hold her own against Xiao Yan in a competition such as that in Fanyin Valley. However, Xiao Yan who has much more cultivation, can overwhelm her in a real sword fight.

• Insightful 3

9 hours ago, Megan said:

I think I answer this before but during a competition between the flute and the Qin music it was pretty fair imo. Music is a beauty but it is hard. You can't play 2 notes and hope it sounded wonderful. There are specific notes that goes together and some notes just sound disgusting when they play together. You can't play the music all at once at different tempo. It will sound really weird and off. And you can really really tell if someone plays a wrong note or at a different tempo as the music wouldn't match.

So when Feng Jiu and Jiheng plays, it was at the correct tempo especially at the scenes where the sudden tempo change happen. When Jiheng suddenly change the tempo to a faster one. Surprisingly, Feng Jiu caught it real fast. It gives you a small vibe that the Qin and the flute were almost competing with each other. 

As a musician, whenever I play my music with my friends or as orchestra ensemble, I have to constantly listen around other musicians to make sure I am in tune or to make sure I am not playing too loud or too soft. I also make sure I am at the right tempo. Or as my conductor will always say, a good musician always listen around them.

For example in once of the piece I'm currently playing "Scootin' on hard rock" there are different instruments playing at different time but at the same tempo. Some instruments are playing at forte and some at piano. The key thing is to listen really carefully cause not all parts sounded the same. 

So when Feng Jiu and Jiheng were playing, Feng Jiu have to really listen carefully for the unexpected changes of notes or the tempo. One wrong note, can be an easy dead give away to the audience. I'm pretty sure all the other students were the same but in Feng Jiu's case hers was a little harder. It is similar to jazz when people improvised their music as they go.

But ofc, if I was in Feng Jiu's case playing the flute with Jiheng, I too would be RickRoll'D if Jiheng suddenly changes to a different key and tempo suddenly >:((

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Khue N said:

I think I answer this before but during a competition between the flute and the Qin music it was pretty fair imo. Music is a beauty but it is hard. You can't play 2 notes and hope it sounded wonderful. There are specific notes that goes together and some notes just sound disgusting when they play together. You can't play the music all at once at different tempo. It will sound really weird and off. And you can really really tell if someone plays a wrong note or at a different tempo as the music wouldn't match.

So when Feng Jiu and Jiheng plays, it was at the correct tempo especially at the scenes where the sudden tempo change happen. When Jiheng suddenly change the tempo to a faster one. Surprisingly, Feng Jiu caught it real fast. It gives you a small vibe that the Qin and the flute were almost competing with each other. 

As a musician, whenever I play my music with my friends or as orchestra ensemble, I have to constantly listen around other musicians to make sure I am in tune or to make sure I am not playing too loud or too soft. I also make sure I am at the right tempo. Or as my conductor will always say, a good musician always listen around them.

For example in once of the piece I'm currently playing "Scootin' on hard rock" there are different instruments playing at different time but at the same tempo. Some instruments are playing at forte and some at piano. The key thing is to listen really carefully cause not all parts sounded the same. 

So when Feng Jiu and Jiheng were playing, Feng Jiu have to really listen carefully for the unexpected changes of notes or the tempo. One wrong note, can be an easy dead give away to the audience. I'm pretty sure all the other students were the same but in Feng Jiu's case hers was a little harder. It is similar to jazz when people improvised their music as they go.

But ofc, if I was in Feng Jiu's case playing the flute with Jiheng, I too would be RickRoll'D if Jiheng suddenly changes to a different key and tempo suddenly >:((

You’re a musician? That sounds wonderful. What instrument do you play?

does anyone else find Jiheng’s usage of her father’s name to steal the pimpon fruit just as horrible as misusing her father’s scale

Sigh. Jiheng’s happy ending is clearly a case of her father’s good karma. He did so many good deeds that it outweighs her bad deeds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

If DH’s power is creation and CY’s power is time…what are the Bai’s, Zhe Yan and Ye Hua’s specialties?

Shouldn’t the Bais be more powerful than the Sky clan royalty if they are more ancient?

The Bais have that blood that can purify evil and preserve the dead well.  Zhe Yan has the medical knowledge, and Ye Hua's and Mo Yuan's capabilities would be explored more, I believe, partly in Lotus Steps immortal arc and in Bodhi Fate when it's written.

IMO, Lotus Steps is a 4 volume novel because it will also touch on the other ancients like Pillow Book: Back to Chaos, although the main focus will be on Zhu Ti and her Water God.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

does anyone else find Jiheng’s usage of her father’s name to steal the pimpon fruit just as horrible as misusing her father’s scale

Sigh. Jiheng’s happy ending is clearly a case of her father’s good karma. He did so many good deeds that it outweighs her bad deeds.

Yes. How sad that the daughter of Meng Hao turned out to be a rotten schemer. In a way, it is good that he passed on before his child used him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Megan said:

100% agree JH misused her father's scale. If JH's father found out what she did, I believe the Chinese saying "vomit blood" applies in this situation. 

JH is such a tragic character. She started off as a good character, but her obsession and inability to manage emotions lead her to her own destruction. 

JH have no idea how to love herself or others.

I really disliked the ending for JH in ELOD. It doesn't seem like she redeemed herself to warrant a happy ending.  XY does not deserve to have a mentally unstable partner.

• Like 5

Before the dream world was created, did the real Xize actually tend to the pregnant Junuo?

Hmm, if Dong Hua is 360000 years old, then for him to have 10% of his magic in Aranya’s Dream. His cultivation would be approximately 36,000. Hmm…older than FJ, but his magic is younger than YH’s in the dream then

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Before the dream world was created, did the real Xize actually tend to the pregnant Junuo?

More or less the same events happened every time somebody falls in the dream realm. It only became different when Su Moye, Dong Hua, and Feng Jiu were in Aranya's Dream since they knew what's next and they were not exactly "going with the flow".

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Hmm, if Dong Hua is 360000 years old, then for him to have 10% of his magic in Aranya’s Dream. His cultivation would be approximately 36,000. Hmm…older than FJ, but his magic is younger than YH’s in the dream then

Dong Hua is around 400,000 years old though, not 360,000 as per TQ's PB Back to Chaos. Nonetheless, even with only 10%, he was still strong enough to continously physically fight the water serpent for some days. Also, his years of experience and being cunning did not diminish with his cultivation.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1