[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I already know the story but….

Maybe it’s just me, but maybe Feng Jiu should have kept Changdi pinned to the serpentine cage instead of letting her go. Otherwise, her chances of being found are much slimmer. If there are worried of Changdi accusing Aranya, perhaps she’ll pass out from the pain?

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I already know the story but….

Maybe it’s just me, but maybe Feng Jiu should have kept Changdi pinned to the serpentine cage instead of letting her go. Otherwise, her chances of being found are much slimmer.

Yes, but Changdi bribed the guard(s) to do as she ordered. They would certainly aid her if Aranya kept her pinned to the cage. Had it somehow led to the discovery of her changing Aranya's punischment, she would have gotten away with it also. There was no win for Aranya either way. :( 

4 hours ago, Megan said:

If there are worried of Changdi accusing Aranya, perhaps she’ll pass out from the pain?

But it would only make things worse for Aranya if Changdi had gotten hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Wiggle 1

Interesting.

when Dong Hua’s life is in danger, or there is an unusual storm, Jiheng prefers to hang back in safety.

when she wants to blackmail DH, she throws herself to poisonous creatures.

in short, her priorities are crazy.

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Interesting.

when Dong Hua’s life is in danger, or there is an unusual storm, Jiheng prefers to hang back in safety.

It shows how JH cares for her own needs over DH's, and she will do what ever it takes to get what she wants. 

Whereas FJ is opposite, she priorities DH's over her own needs.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 6:44 PM, Megan said:

Interesting.

Er, she has the tendency to appear fragile and pitiful in the first place to get what she wants...

• Like 1

Hey, only my version had some visible mistakes? It is not quite professional, but maybe the author wanted to be this way, who knows. However, when I am writing something, I make many mistakes because I am not very good at grammar. So, when I have an important assignment I always use this service EssayEdge which proofread my essay and if there is a need they edit it. They also helped me to apply to the college by preparing the documents and writing the essay in order to increase the chances of my enrollment.

Edited by Ruthford
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ruthford said:

I went grocery shopping last week at the nearby shopping centre and bam someone went there with covid and now I have to do a covid test and wait to get a negative result before i can get out of the house.

So sorry to hear that, and hopefully the result of your test turns out to be negative. Unfortunately, there are positive cases who aren't having symptoms until much later, by that time they had visited places and interacted with other people. The most that we can do now is to help prevent further spread of the virus through vaccination, wearing masks properly, adhering to social distancing, and other measures recommended by the health authorities. 

What happened to you is so eerily like what @Ninky went through.

Hi! I've been reading this forum since last year and I really enjoy to see so much insight especially the ones that I might have missed while reading the translated version of the Pillow book. Anyway, I really want to know if Fengjui is a Goddess or just a fairy? I know that she's not High Goddess like her Aunt Bai Qian.  I'm quite confused because in some cases, other characters introduced her as a "Qingqiu Goddess" and I also remember her introducing herself to Qingti as "Bai Fengjui, a Goddess from Qingqui". So what class/rank of immortal is she? 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hi @Shane, happy to see you joining the thread! :)

7 hours ago, Shane said:

Anyway, I really want to know if Fengjui is a Goddess or just a fairy? I know that she's not High Goddess like her Aunt Bai Qian.  I'm quite confused because in some cases, other characters introduced her as a "Qingqiu Goddess" and I also remember her introducing herself to Qingti as "Bai Fengjui, a Goddess from Qingqui". So what class/rank of immortal is she? 

In general, they are all fairies/immortals. :) By the race she and the nine-tailed foxes belong to, which is Gods race, Feng Jiu is a goddess.

Feng Jiu didn't ascend yet, so at present she's still an immortal. When she passes the test of three lightning strikes, she'll be high immortal. Then high goddess when she's through Heavenly tribulation.

• Insightful 2

@MayanEchothank you for answering! I got confused when I was re-reading note#2 in Back to the Chaos in a Dream chapter 7. I don't know why I never really thought that she can be called a Goddess because she's from the Gods race. All this time I'm thinking she's just called an immortal fairy and the word "Goddess" means someone like a high ranking of some sort. Thank you for clearing that up!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:08 AM, MayanEcho said:

Hi @Shane, happy to see you joining the thread! :)

In general, they are all fairies/immortals. :) By the race she and the nine-tailed foxes belong to, which is Gods race, Feng Jiu is a goddess.

Feng Jiu didn't ascend yet, so at present she's still an immortal. When she passes the test of three lightning strikes, she'll be high immortal. Then high goddess when she's through Heavenly tribulation.

I doubt it will happen, but I hope the author will write about FJ's heavenly tribulation. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I doubt it will happen, but I hope the author will write about FJ's heavenly tribulation. 

Wishing for that too, that it will happen in one of the later books. I'm sort of thinking that since FJ has DH's blood in her, there will be some deviation or difference on how or when she ascends to high immortal and high goddess.

I'm also wondering if it will be some sort of foresight too on DH's part for FJ, such that even if FJ wasn't really serious on "opening the chest to give his beloved his heart", he did it for her not just to prove he truly loves her, but to give an even deeper meaning on protecting her even after his demise. 

My over imaginative musing says DH being that child of Heaven would know what it truly means to have his golden blood running in someone else's veins... :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

On 10/2/2021 at 6:43 AM, Megan said:

Wonder how DH will react it FJ is pregnant when her trial comes. BQ was pregnant during her trial.

That's quite a wait and see situation if it happens that way. He is protective of his wife, no doubt about that. On the other hand, he wants her to grow too as free as possible and in her own pace. I'd say DH will be like in Back to Chaos, that no matter how he was reassured by Zu Ti that his wife and son will be alright, he'll face all the risks to see for himself that FJ is safe. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1