[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

***Cries***

snippet from Back to Chaos in a Dream Final Chapter - Mo Yuan's broken soul:

"High God Mo Yuan was her aunt, Bai Qian’s master. Hence, ever since he awakened from 70,000 years of deep sleep after sealing Ghost Lord, Qin Cang, Feng Jiu had also seen this venerable God several times. At that time, the Venerable God she saw was calm, prudent and quietly secluded. Anyone looking at him would feel a sense of reverence for him from deep within their hearts. But the entire personality of the High God, found within Water Marsh at this time, was nevertheless substantially different even though his physical appearance was exactly the same 260,000 years in the future. If one were to say that High God Mo Yuan of the future was equivalent to a gentle piece of ancient jade, the Venerable God of this moment could be compared to an edge of a blade dyed in blood; a dispirited soul concealing his brilliance, standing aloof from worldly affairs. He could also be compared to an orchid steeped in blood, physically living in a deep valley outside the secular world with his heart trapped in endless hell."

Sigh. What a broken man. Although he recovered and sort of moved on later on in his life, I can't help but feel that deep inside he carried this pain for over 260,000 years. Hence the choice to live in relative seclusion, making the choice to teach and nurture his disciples, rather than answer to his true calling.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

***Cries***

"High God Mo Yuan was her aunt, Bai Qian’s master. Hence, ever since he awakened from 70,000 years of deep sleep after sealing Ghost Lord, Qin Cang, Feng Jiu had also seen this venerable God several times. At that time, the Venerable God she saw was calm, prudent and quietly secluded. Anyone looking at him would feel a sense of reverence for him from deep within their hearts. But the entire personality of the High God, found within Water Marsh at this time, was nevertheless substantially different even though his physical appearance was exactly the same 260,000 years in the future. If one were to say that High God Mo Yuan of the future was equivalent to a gentle piece of ancient jade, the Venerable God of this moment could be compared to an edge of a blade dyed in blood; a dispirited soul concealing his brilliance, standing aloof from worldly affairs. He could also be compared to an orchid steeped in blood, physically living in a deep valley outside the secular world with his heart trapped in endless hell."

Sigh. What a broken man. Although he recovered and sort of moved on later on in his life, I can't help but feel that deep inside he carried this pain for over 260,000 years. Hence the choice to live in relative seclusion, making the choice to teach and nurture his disciples, rather than answer to his true calling

makes me think there was another reason that Zhe Lan brought Bai Qian to be his disciple 

On 9/1/2021 at 7:39 PM, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

@Romulan

I spy a quote from The Mandalorian! :D Have you been keeping up with it too?

And the little rabbit and snake are so cute! I hope it's lots of fun and send us pics of Dragon Con!

yep! i ll be dressed as Cara Dune tomorrow. my boots wont be accurate but eh... 

so far the Ohana ribbon has been the most popular. ;)

• Awesome 1

53 minutes ago, Romulan said:

makes me think there was another reason that Zhe Lan brought Bai Qian to be his disciple 

To make Kunlun livelier and to annoy Yao Guang. :lol:

53 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Yep! i ll be dressed as Cara Dune tomorrow. my boots wont be accurate but eh... 

so far the Ohana ribbon has been the most popular.

Pics! :getmygrooveon:

I remember reading an article about Dylan Ku and Mazehan when the drama started.

Glad to hear how the actors found their other half through this beautiful production. I guess it was too early awkward to disclose their relationship earlier on, when Mazehan is so much younger than Dylan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

I remember reading an article about Dylan Ku and Mazehan when the drama started.

Glad to hear how the actors found their other half through this beautiful production. I guess it was too early awkward to disclose their relationship earlier on, when Mazehan is so much younger than Dylan.

I remember that article too, that they were spotted dating. Was it @pawla who shared it before? :D

The couple's relationship must be very stable now for them to announce it. All the best for Ma Zehan and Dylan Kuo. They look so good together, the age gap doesn't show at all.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, Ninky said:

***Cries***

Sigh. What a broken man. Although he recovered and sort of moved on later on in his life, I can't help but feel that deep inside he carried this pain for over 260,000 years. Hence the choice to live in relative seclusion, making the choice to teach and nurture his disciples, rather than answer to his true calling.

The poor guy disassociated big time. Who can blame him. 

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently watching the scene where Meng Shao says the heavenly peach is inferior to the pimpon fruit.

Dong Hua, you scoundrel!

also, between heaven’s peaches and Zhe Yan’s peaches, which is more valuable?

indeed! not sure what benefits you get really from the sky clan's peaches but ZL's have different effects depending which he decides to let you have

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Romulan said:

indeed! not sure what benefits you get really from the sky clan's peaches but ZL's have different effects depending which he decides to let you have

The only effect I know is the contraceptive peach

• Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

The only effect I know is the contraceptive peach

I know some are better tasting that others around but beyond that not sure.  It cant be too commonly known about the contraceptive type.

Also, I did take photos at dragoncon. I will be posting them just havnt had time yet.

I do have a link to our parade, I can only very briefly be seen in it.  

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

About Zhe Yan's contraceptive peaches... was he worried somehow, or just... bored? :blink:

I think he has peaches for all types of things. 

Remember he is known as the best healer in the world/universe. 

After Bai Qian,  her mom mightve want them too - 9 tailed fox pregnancies are very hard on them.

He was more than a little annoyed with Sang Ji. 

• LOL 2

On 9/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, ElleSor said:

I am amused at the effects of the peaches. 

I did read about the contraceptive peach, and it amused me no end at that time.

Me too. The last thing I expect is that the peaches can be used like a contraceptive pill.  

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, Megan said:

What’s the point of Feng Jiu having Miao Luo’s blood drop if she can’t even get any special powers from it. No special shield or special power. Actually, Feng Jiu’s blood should try to purify it.

The red Qi was meant to be hidden until it can be used by Miao Luo. Feng Jiu's blood couldn't purify the one in her body as it bound with her while she was still a fetus.

• Like 1

Ah well apparently going grocery shopping can cause problems now with covid spreading all over Melbourne. I went grocery shopping last week at the nearby shopping centre and bam someone went there with covid and now I have to do a covid test and wait to get a negative result before i can get out of the house. I am so over the pandemic!!!!

About two weeks ago, I exited just exited a two week quarantine along with my family  as someone at my daughter’s school got it. And now bam I am a tier two contact because I went grocery shopping!!!!

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

We are moving the wedding out for another two years :joy: I decided to go back to school for another doctorate. Hehe. Mom can't really argue, because she wants the ENTIRE family to attend, so we have to wait until the world allows that. :smirk:

I rather think too that it would be at least 2 more years before COVID is fully contained. More time for your mom to perfectly plan for the big, all family members are present, wedding. ^_^

59 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Ah well apparently going grocery shopping can cause problems now with covid spreading all over Melbourne. I went grocery shopping last week at the nearby shopping centre and bam someone went there with covid and now I have to do a covid test and wait to get a negative result before i can get out of the house. I am so over the pandemic!!!!

So sorry to hear that Ninky. That's so terrible and frustrating for anyone who happened to be there that time, more so if that person already knew he/she is positive yet still went shopping.