[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone, I really don't know were else to ask). While watching this drama I learned that there would be a third book dedicated to Lian Song and Cheng Yu. I wonder if there are any news or rumors re the book?

Hi there! Yes, the 3rd book of 3L3W is Lotus Steps. It's a 4 volumes novel, at present vol 2 is already out. You can head over at ELOD Soompi blog to read some of the translated chapters of vol 1. :)

• Blob 1

6 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I'm rewatching episodes of elod and I cant believe its over.I was waiting for the drama adaptation for so long! It is just me or does it feel weird thats its over just like that??:sad1:

I just rewatched the drama last week. DH and FJ are just as perfect as the first 30 times I watched them. 

@MayanEcho Thanks for the cute pictures. I know which scenes each picture is from, but I don't remember the actual episode.

• Love 3

26 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Thanks for the cute pictures. I know which scenes each picture is from, but I don't remember the actual episode.

You're welcome! :) How are you doing? @Bai Gun Gun, I might watch it again too now that I've recovered from a very bad bout of migraine! ^_^

Spoiler

Ep01 DH catches a carp, LS gets drenched

Ep26 DH tells LS that FJ is interesting

Ep27 Boat ride after DH captures handkerchief FJ

Ep29 Space folding magic at Fanyin Valley

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am getting movie flashbacks at the cliff scene…they even used the words 过来

I find Song Xuanren kind of insensitive. Qingti just died and Xiaojiu is obviously mourning, yet he still tries to woo her???

I feel so sorry for the empress. Despite mistrusting Xiao Jiu, she truly loved Xuanren. Now she lost both sons and may have to witness the fall of the state. 

On 8/29/2021 at 8:39 AM, MayanEcho said:

You're welcome! :) How are you doing? @Bai Gun Gun, I might watch it again too now that I've recovered from a very bad bout of migraine! ^_^

Reveal hidden contents

Ep01 DH catches a carp, LS gets drenched

Ep26 DH tells LS that FJ is interesting

Ep27 Boat ride after DH captures handkerchief FJ

Ep29 Space folding magic at Fanyin Valley

Im good! I'm still lurking around the forum so I haven't disappeared lol. And definietly re watch i!!! It's kinda sad how we'll never see dilreba and vengo as FJ and DH again in other drama adaptations. They were so perfect for roles, I wonder who'll be casted in the future.

• Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

In episode 21, why did FJ’s bell bracelet ring. She couldn’t be killed by a mortal, even if he had a demon sword

From what I understand of the bracelet, it was meant to help warn her if something or someone nearby could/would physically hurt her.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

I find Song Xuanren kind of insensitive. Qingti just died and Xiaojiu is obviously mourning, yet he still tries to woo her???

He actually has all the rights to woo her though, since she is by virtue one of his wives. 

5 hours ago, Megan said:

I feel so sorry for the empress. Despite mistrusting Xiao Jiu, she truly loved Xuanren. Now she lost both sons and may have to witness the fall of the state. 

Empires and kingdom rise and fall, and it is inevitable when there's no real leader among those who were privileged to supposedly look after the citizens. 

Both sons actually betrayed their people. Song Xuan Ying sold their symbolic national treasure, his brother, and the citizens to the enemy state to become the emperor. Song Xuan Ren on the other hand was unable to keep the heartaches at bay, and gave up his role which he was supposedly trained to be from babyhood.

4 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

It's kinda sad how we'll never see dilreba and vengo as FJ and DH again in other drama adaptations. They were so perfect for roles, I wonder who'll be casted in the future.

They might appear for cameos in future 3L3W drama installments, but it is also inevitable that the original couple casts may not play their roles anymore. 

For me I'm happy that when the novels about them were adapted into dramas, we got the perfect actors and actress for Ye Hua and Bai Qian, and for Dong Hua and Feng Jiu.

We also got the perfect Si Ming! ^_^ And Lian Song, and Hao De, and Xiao Yan.

Whoever takes over these iconic roles in 5, 6, 10 years time, they have very big shoes to fill. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

From what I understand of the bracelet, it was meant to help warn her if something or someone nearby could/would physically hurt her.

He actually has all the rights to woo her though, since she is by virtue one of his wives. 

Empires and kingdom rise and fall, and it is inevitable when there's no real leader among those who were privileged to supposedly look after the citizens. 

Both sons actually betrayed their people. Song Xuan Ying sold their symbolic national treasure, his brother, and the citizens to the enemy state to become the emperor. Song Xuan Ren on the other hand was unable to keep the heartaches at bay, and gave up his role which he was supposedly trained to be from babyhood.

They might appear for cameos in future 3L3W drama installments, but it is also inevitable that the original couple casts may not play their roles anymore. 

For me I'm happy that when the novels about them were adapted into dramas, we got the perfect actors and actress for Ye Hua and Bai Qian, and for Dong Hua and Feng Jiu.

We also got the perfect Si Ming! ^_^ And Lian Song, and Hao De, and Xiao Yan.

Whoever takes over these iconic roles in 5, 6, 10 years time, they have very big shoes to fill. 

Hoping it happens sooner and the originals can come back to help.

Though I like both Phoenix's so not sure which of the two Id like to see come back and be arguing with Shao Wan!  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

DragonCon is this week,  I will be bringing along my Legend of FuYao outfit, as well as this little red fox stuffed pet, and I will be picking up a 9 tailed crocheted red fox too!  I have decided to not bring my Ye Hua dragon puppet alone but I think I will still pass out the ribbon.  Couple of reasons including space, an issue with the carrying case, and a photoshoot I was taking it to, has been cancelled.  If I spy any Tang Qi characters I will be sure and get photos of them!  :)  I even have a handy fireball I can used if needed for a photo.. 

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

DragonCon is this week,  I will be bringing along my Legend of FuYao outfit, as well as this little red fox stuffed pet, and I will be picking up a 9 tailed crocheted red fox too!  I have decided to not bring my Ye Hua dragon puppet alone but I think I will still pass out the ribbon.  Couple of reasons including space, an issue with the carrying case, and a photoshoot I was taking it to, has been cancelled.  If I spy any Tang Qi characters I will be sure and get photos of them!  :)  I even have a handy fireball I can used if needed for a photo.. 

Wow, have a good time there! Looking forward to the pics!  

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Wow, have a good time there! Looking forward to the pics!  

Lol. will do!  My co-workers expect pictures too. So I will be sure to get photos of each of my costumes. Now if I can just make sure the hairdo is correct.  Im a little nervous about being on a panel. I got asked to join a Mulan panel comparing the 2 Disney versions.  (I mightve mentioned this)

I can show you my final badge ribbons. 

240478108_523230132079626_10253578300381

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

I'm back! So glad to see familiar faces/usernames still active in this forum. So many more pages. And a big thanks and lots of love to the ladies who translate and keep up with the series fan website.

One of my students did indeed do a dissertation on the international copyright infringement in Chinese entertainment industry and it led my back to this forum since this was where I first really thought about the scope of the legality and how it should/would be dealt with in a foreign law concept. 

Hope everyone has been doing well!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

39 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I'm back! So glad to see familiar faces/usernames still active in this forum. So many more pages. And a big thanks and lots of love to the ladies who translate and keep up with the series fan website.

One of my students did indeed do a dissertation on the international copyright infringement in Chinese entertainment industry and it led my back to this forum since this was where I first really thought about the scope of the legality and how it should/would be dealt with in a foreign law concept. 

Hope everyone has been doing well!

Hi there, good to see ya again! Still coping as much as possible and adjusting to situations every now and then on this second year of pandemic. 

How's your mum...and did the wedding ceremony/party go ahead early this year?