[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

19 minutes ago, Megan said:

Regarding Bi Fang, what does Bai Zhen need a steed anyway? The gods can all fly. 
and isn’t it weird for Bi Fang to be a steed if he can already take human form?

I think its done more as a status thing, but yea Bi Fang having a human form begs the question why is he a steed?  The other steeds are all creatures with lesser intelligence like that fire beast ..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Regarding Bi Fang, what does Bai Zhen need a steed anyway? The gods can all fly. 
and isn’t it weird for Bi Fang to be a steed if he can already take human form?

Maybe he couldn't take human form yet, like Migu, when they were taken by the Bais and Zhe Yan. I rather think they are also fine serving the high gods who treat them like family. Bi Fang also liked Bai Qian and would find it hard to leave.

Dong Hua also had animal mounts, according to Zhe Yan. The steeds are status symbols, and give them a grand entrance. But perhaps trained too, as companion or guard for their masters.

Ok read my copy!

Some of the phrasing seems a bit heavy handed. (makes me appreciate @Ninky and @UnluckyWhiteCat works all the more!)

No epilogues but Id heard that before. 

Anyone know how many there are?

Ive found a couple on different sites.

I noticed there is a reference to Shao Wan even here! 

Anyone know much about this sibling?

21 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Ok read my copy!

Some of the phrasing seems a bit heavy handed. (makes me appreciate @Ninky and @UnluckyWhiteCat works all the more!)

No epilogues but Id heard that before. 

Anyone know how many there are?

Ive found a couple on different sites.

I noticed there is a reference to Shao Wan even here! 

Anyone know much about this sibling?

Did you mean Ye Hua's epilogue for TMOPB/TTSK? Hamster's TMOPB translation got it.

This link found in the first page of TMOPB thread is not in English, but with the help of online translator you can read 4 extra chapters including Ye Hua's. 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Did you mean Ye Hua's epilogue for TMOPB/TTSK? Hamster's TMOPB translation got it.

This link found in the first page of TMOPB thread is not in English, but with the help of online translator you can read 4 extra chapters including Ye Hua's. 

Is it still around somewhere? When Id checked Hamster had a note that she took it down and didnt want to be asked for access to it.  :(  

I wasnt sure how many there were though Id heard there were multiple epilogues

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

@Romulan you can read Ye Hua and A'Li their epilogues here:

https://www.fruitydeer.com/translations/

Thank you! I have seen that link before and I know there was another that was regarding a feast /birthday celebration of the Sky Emperor..

https://horafuki.livejournal.com/107232.html?utm_source=3userpost

But wasnt sure if there were more?  

@MayanEcho, thanks the Chrome translator is less than ideal but I could stumble thru chapters.

One I hadnt seen before anywhere else.. 

@Ninky@UnluckyWhiteCatwould either of you guys be willing to translate the 3rd story regarding 4th brother and Zhe Lan?  

https://www.kanunu8.com/files/yqxs/201104/2460/61311.html

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

@Ninky@UnluckyWhiteCatwould either of you guys be willing to translate the 3rd story regarding 4th brother and Zhe Lan?  

https://www.kanunu8.com/files/yqxs/201104/2460/61311.html

Lucky for you, you don't have to wait because this translator at this blog I linked below already translated out the Bai Zhen and Zheyan story!

https://threelivesthreeworlds.tumblr.com/post/614494193559191552/the-bai-zhen-and-zhe-yan-extra-chapter-when-bai

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Lucky for you, you don't have to wait because this translator at this blog I linked below already translated out the Bai Zhen and Zheyan story!

https://threelivesthreeworlds.tumblr.com/post/614494193559191552/the-bai-zhen-and-zhe-yan-extra-chapter-when-bai

Poor little Bai Zhen! Hahahaha! 

Trivia from the translation:

One must know that though Qingqiu foxes were born immortals, they looked no different from normal foxes at birth, unable to take human form. It is only until their first birthday, after taking in the spiritual energy of the universe and sufficient nourishment from their mother, that they could take on human form, and look like a newborn baby. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Ahh thanks! I knew I'd read that translation before. 

17 hours ago, Romulan said:

Is it still around somewhere? When Id checked Hamster had a note that she took it down and didnt want to be asked for access to it.  :(  

Thank you! I have seen that link before and I know there was another that was regarding a feast /birthday celebration of the Sky Emperor..

I thought there were 3 or 4 side stories available in English, not sure if there are more... I'll check the TMOPB thread and repost if I find something regarding the epilogues/side stories. :) 

15 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Ahh thanks! I knew I'd read that translation sombefore. 

17 hours ago, Romulan said:

I thought there were 3 or 4 side stories available in English, not sure if there are more... I'll check the TMOPB thread and repost if I find something regarding the epilogues/side stories. :) 

10 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

What TMOPB thread is this?  

:D  you got me curious!

I know there are the following stories:

Ye Hua story

at least 2 A'Li stories (the nickname, and the big reward)

The Zhe Lan and 4th brother story

The Tianjun birthday feast

No idea if there are more.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Romulan said:

Ye Hua story

There seems to be one more called "Through the years." 

I tagged you in the TMOPB thread, where someone made a list of the extra stories. :) 

• Wiggle 2

On 8/16/2021 at 2:19 PM, MayanEcho said:

Poor little Bai Zhen! Hahahaha! 

Trivia from the translation:

One must know that though Qingqiu foxes were born immortals, they looked no different from normal foxes at birth, unable to take human form. It is only until their first birthday, after taking in the spiritual energy of the universe and sufficient nourishment from their mother, that they could take on human form, and look like a newborn baby. 

This was part of an outtake published with the printed copy of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. It is also in the illustrated book for this story. He liked Zhe Yan since he was a cub. He planted a kiss on Zhe Yan's cheek when he was a wee cub. Also if it isn't the story of little Bai Zhen killing Zhe Yan on the cheek, then it might be a fan fic. There are quite a few fics out there masquarading as original stories. There are also quite a few places with translations of the old outtakes, might want to search around first. Atm I am finishing  up the final chapter on the last page (finally). I was also working on Lotus Step. As Lotus Step is a very long book, I won't have time to translate anything else except the new timeline from Tang Qi. The problem is I am stuck with homeschooling again as the lockdown has again been extended by 2 weeks which means the total length of lockdown is now 4 weeks. 

And it still isn't containing the delta variant. It spreads quicker than the original strain.

Sigh I wish this covid would just go away. I missed work for two weeks, which reduced my income and then they released me from quarantine with a letter that was sent without a date to get me out of quarantine and in which case I  have to keep calling them. I have just been put on a 3 hour wait time on the call and in the end they hung up on me. :rage: 

On 8/17/2021 at 5:28 AM, Romulan said:

Ye Hua story

That's all the outtakes that Tang Qi has written for TMOPB. There won't be anymore. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And it still isn't containing the delta variant. It spreads quicker than the original strain.

Sigh I wish this covid would just go away. I missed work for two weeks, which reduced my income and then they released me from quarantine with a letter that was sent without a date to get me out of quarantine and in which case I  have to keep calling them. I have just been put on a 3 hour wait time on the call and in the end they hung up on me. :rage: 

That's all the outtakes that Tang Qi has written for TMOPB. There won't be anymore. 

Awww. Im sorry you are dealing with that @Ninky.  Sadly I think lockdowns arent helping at all, I think SD, masks, handwashing just need to stay the norm for another year so that they can get effective treatments for the variants.  

36 minutes ago, Ninky said:

This was part of an outtake published with the printed copy of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. It is also in the illustrated book for this story. He liked Zhe Yan since he was a cub. He planted a kiss on Zhe Yan's cheek when he was a wee cub. Also if it isn't the story of little Bai Zhen killing Zhe Yan on the cheek, then it might be a fan fic. There are quite a few fics out there masquarading as original stories. There are also quite a few places with translations of the old outtakes, might want to search around first.

Will do, @SilverDawn found reference to 1 more that was in a special collectors edition.  I was starting to try and hunt for it.  -now I must find this illustrated version!!

They did make reference to this happening in the drama briefly after 4th Brother calls him Old Phoenix n scoffs that his mother wouldve ever been interested in him.  

On 8/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, SilverDawn said:

There seems to be one more called "Through the years." 

I tagged you in the TMOPB thread, where someone made a list of the extra stories. :) 

Do you know how many other Phoenixes there are ?  Since the first novel references Shao Wan having a younger brother who goes to see Mo Yuan, Im wondering now what color phoenix he is, and how many others there are!

48 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Awww. Im sorry you are dealing with that @Ninky.  Sadly I think lockdowns arent helping at all, I think SD, masks, handwashing just need to stay the norm for another year so that they can get effective treatments for the variants.  

Will do, @SilverDawn found reference to 1 more that was in a special collectors edition.  I was starting to try and hunt for it.  -now I must find this illustrated version!!

They did make reference to this happening in the drama briefly after 4th Brother calls him Old Phoenix n scoffs that his mother wouldve ever been interested in him.  

Do you know how many other Phoenixes there are ?  Since the first novel references Shao Wan having a younger brother who goes to see Mo Yuan, Im wondering now what color phoenix he is, and how many others there are!

Presently in the universe there are two. Fire phoenix Zhe Yan and White phoenix Shao Wan. May not be a real brother, but an honorary brother. She hatched out of her own egg. 

The only place that has all the outtakes is on Tang Qi's Weixin. And as far as I know the long outtakes are the ones as collated on the other site and the short spiels are all over the internet partially translated.

Atm I am focusing on Tang Qi's forward content as in Lotus Step, and any new outtakes or releases such as the timeline. Home schooling is eating up my time atm as I have three chiildren to oversee.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

SPOILER WARNING FROM VOL TWO OF LOTUS STEP!

Shao Wan is really powerful. If you don't mind spoilers from the end of Vol 2 of Lotus Step, here's what happened:

At the end of Lotus Step Vol 2, Dong Hua sensed the awakening of Zu Ti and headed to Gu Yao Mountain (Zu Ti's home) with Zhong Lin to have a look only to run into an ancient ward set up by Shao Wan. Zhong Lin suggested that perhaps Di Jun could try to force his way through. But Di Jun replied saying that Shao Wan's wards are unrivalled in the world and even for him to force his way through, he would need to expend a very great deal of effort so he said there wasn't a point. 

He told Zhong Lin that for Zu Ti to return and immediately seal Gu Yao Mountains, it must be something important to her. Zhong Lin was worried that Zu Ti can't manage whatever problem she was trying to solve and sealed the mountain off as a solution but Di Jun wasn't hahaha. He said she is after all a Chaos Era Goddess, one from his own generation. LOL @ Zhong Lin for belittling a goddess from the same generation as Di Jun.

Ok tough explanation coming but at this point, my tears started falling. Zu Ti has awakened and returned to Gu Yao Mountain. She then separated her mortal memories of her last life (as Cheng Yu) from her immortal body. The reason why she did so was because she had another divination that she will have to sacrifice herself for another impending world disaster that will lead her to fading and possibly never return. 

As a result she went through a lot of physical pain to break her mortal memories away from her and move it back into a mortal body (Cheng Yu). Zu Ti loves Lian Song very much at this point and decided not to let him bear the pain of her loss in the future. So she decided to take Cheng Yu's memories out of her mind and very bones and create a new soul with all those memories in it and move it into one last mortal body that Xie Ming had created for her. This is to allow the puppet "Cheng Yu" to take her place in loving him for one lifetime so that in the event the prophecy happens, he need not suffer her loss. This was Zu Ti's way of saying goodbye even if it cost her so much pain and suffering to separate those memories. (I bawled at the end of the book, nuff said).   

By this point in the book, Lian Song had gifted Cheng Yu/Zu Ti his reverse scale. Every dragon has only one reverse scale and they give this scale to the person they love. (hint this applies to all dragons in this universe, makes you think of two other couples right?)

When Xue Yi, her envoy (all the remaining 3 woke up when she did) asked her if she must do what she is doing now, she replied: "Being able to do this as a last act of saying goodbye, I am already satisfied, and he will only remember everything that has happened before as a dream. To say the truth, to end everything here is not a bad thing. But I have made a promise, that after the Water Punishment is done, he will come and find me, and take me away to travel the world as vagabonds for the rest of our lives. I... can't keep my promise, but I can give him a Cheng Yu, and let that Cheng Yu fulfill my promise. "

Her envoy is worried that Lian Song will see through the fact that the new "Cheng Yu" is  nothing more than a puppet but she insists he won't. (Trust me in the end he will, and he will try to stop her, I think that's how this story is going in my opinion).

She is planning to regain all her cultivation by going into a deep sleep for quite some time after this as she needs it to handle the impending disaster (I am guessing that this disaster is the big event that will happen at Kun Lun as per what was mentioned in Back to Chaos in a Dream, and since half of Kun Lun sealed the three poisons of mankind, it might have to have something to do with it -> only my conjecture at this point). And knowing that she was going to sacrifice herself later, she decided to do this. 

Her envoy tried to advice her against doing this as he can clearly see that she can't bear to leave Lian song and said that she still had 30,000 years to go before the event happens so why not use the remaining time wisely

But alas, as she is the Goddess of Light, the keeper of time and foresight (the ability to see the future), she needed to sleep longer than a regular god to regain all of her ability and cultivation.  

And she said these heartbreaking words, "My destiny with him can only happen with this Cheng Yu for one lifetime". Then she sighed and continued, "He loves Cheng Yu, so I shall give him his Cheng Yu. This is the last thing I am able to give him."

After that a heartrendering scream and crying shook the entire Gu Yao Mountain (her memories of her love for Lian Song runs right into her very bones so stripping these memories out of her is an extremely painful process). Her envoys describe the scream as one that is filled with pain, hopelessness and dread before everything went silent (She had gone into her deep sleep). 

Sigh, Tang Qi made me weep again. She really loves Lian Song, that much. But we shall see how "puppet Cheng Yu" pans out in volume 3. I am pretty sure Lian Song will figure it out with Dong Hua's help. He might not be able to see through it but another Chaos era God might be able to. 

These ancients and their constant willingness to sacrifice. Dong Hua (almost died to save the world) and Shao Wan ("died" to save humans) were the same. So like them, she is duty bound.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4