[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Does anyone know how to contact author Tang Qi or a soompi executive? Yesterday I had to go to a dermatologist to get Botox, he said my laughing and frown lines became really evident this year and I fully blame ELOD and this blog for that:sweat_smile: so TQ or one of you should pay my bills.

Jokes aside, you guys have no idea how much this blog has helped me, early this year a dear friend of mine died of COVID for a long time I was really depressed but reading all of your comments made me laugh again, nowadays the forum is "slow" but I still appreciate that we all keep coming back.

Hope to continue reading all of you. Love u all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

On 10/2/2021 at 3:56 PM, MayanEcho said:

That's quite a wait and see situation if it happens that way. He is protective of his wife, no doubt about that. On the other hand, he wants her to grow too as free as possible and in her own pace. I'd say DH will be like in Back to Chaos, that no matter how he was reassured by Zu Ti that his wife and son will be alright, he'll face all the risks to see for himself that FJ is safe. 

I bet he will be like FJ during is mortal realm phase. He will be discretely observing the situation :D

1 hour ago, kiotzo said:

Does anyone know how to contact author Tang Qi or a soompi executive? Yesterday I had to go to a dermatologist to get Botox, he said my laughing and frown lines became really evident this year and I fully blame ELOD and this blog for that:sweat_smile: so TQ or one of you should pay my bills.

Jokes aside, you guys have no idea how much this blog has helped me, early this year a dear friend of mine died of COVID for a long time I was really depressed but reading all of your comments made me laugh again, nowadays the forum is "slow" but I still appreciate that we all keep coming back.

Hope to continue reading all of you. Love u all. 

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I am glad ELOD and the forum helped to lighten up the dark times.

I feel the same as you. I always come back to read what others have to say. I go back to watching ELOD every few months. It is turning into my comfort zone.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

Been melted down at work since i was pulling 10 hour shifts but i am in covid isolation no 2 now so publishing the last chapter of translation for “back to chaos” shortly. Been working on more Lotus Steps as well. Anyway it has been a rough couple weeks!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Been melted down at work since i was pulling 10 hour shifts but i am in covid isolation no 2 now so publishing the last chapter of translation for “back to chaos” shortly. Been working on more Lotus Steps as well. Anyway it has been a rough couple weeks!

I love it that the last chapter is getting posted soon, but dismayed that you have to isolate again. Take care there, be safe. ❤

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I'm re-reading pillow book again. I'm at the Bingcang ceremony part! What do you guys think will Nie Chuyin demand as a promise from Qingqui? Not from the drama perspective but from the original Pillow Book. 

29 minutes ago, Shane said:

I'm re-reading pillow book again. I'm at the Bingcang ceremony part! What do you guys think will Nie Chuyin demand as a promise from Qingqui? Not from the drama perspective but from the original Pillow Book. 

I don't remember that it explicitly says precisely what he's going to do, but there is a small section I remember from Hamster's translation: "He probably wants a promise from Qingqiu so that he may later use for his ambitions" (PB2 p. 396).

Presumably, he'll want either support if he declares some kind of war on the Gods, or perhaps he'd use that promise to actually get that marriage alliance we hear that he once considered: "Black Demon Lord Nie Chuyin was a man with a dream. Ever since the Demon Overlord Shaowan passed away, the Demon Clan had been divided into seven factions and jointly headed by seven Demon Lords. After attaining his Black Lord position, Nie Chuyin had been bent on unifying the Demon Clan where there would once more be an overlord who stood above all the others. Marriage alliance with the Deity Clan would be a great way to accomplish this dream. Unfortunately, all influential High Deities from the Deity Clan were men, yet he was an orphan. Unlike Lord Xuyang, he did not have a little sister to marry off. He took a step back to think. If there were a gay deity among these High Deities, for his ambition, he would even sacrifice himself. That didn't work out. He took another step to think. If he wasn't related to them, it was best not to offend them. But if he must offend them, then he must at least negotiate a favor from them" (PB2 p. 399).

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, Shane said:

IMO,  since Nie Chuyin was thick faced enough to battle her in her Bing Cang ceremony, he can also be shameless enough to demand marriage to Feng Jiu because she's the only nine-tailed red fox. 

Nie Chuyin had no hobby other than collecting velvety beautiful pelts. His harem of wives were all furry mammals in their original forms. It was enough to show his obsession. Normally immortals did not look through each other’s original forms out of etiquette, but Nie Chuyin could care less. Bypassing her adolescent face which was already quite gorgeous, the first thing he saw was her original form and the nine majestic red tails which followed behind her. (PB1, p113-114)

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:
Can't wait to watch the drama.

Oh wow! If true, they should go for a two parts story adaptation, since Lotus Steps is a 4 volume novel. Now that only 40eps is the allowed max for a Cdrama, they can start the first 40 with the mortal arc, then another 40eps for the immortal arc.

I don't want the important scenes and story highlights cut anymore like what happened to Pillow Book drama. :(

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:04 AM, MayanEcho said:

IMO,  since Nie Chuyin was thick faced enough to battle her in her Bing Cang ceremony, he can also be shameless enough to demand marriage to Feng Jiu because she's the only nine-tailed red fox. 

Nie Chuyin had no hobby other than collecting velvety beautiful pelts. His harem of wives were all furry mammals in their original forms. It was enough to show his obsession. Normally immortals did not look through each other’s original forms out of etiquette, but Nie Chuyin could care less. Bypassing her adolescent face which was already quite gorgeous, the first thing he saw was her original form and the nine majestic red tails which followed behind her. (PB1, p113-114)

That's what I also thought, that he might use it to demand a marriage from Fengjui. Would the elders of Qingqui allow or grant this promise. Nie Chuyin have taken advantage of Qingqui, would Bai Zhi let the demon also take advantage of her granddaughter because Dijun would definitely wont just stand by :joy:

On 10/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, ChibiLy said:
Can't wait to watch the drama.

If this is true, I'll have another reason to look forward to! Hoping! 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote tweets/pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Blob 1

On 10/9/2021 at 7:11 AM, Shane said:

That's what I also thought, that he might use it to demand a marriage from Fengjui. Would the elders of Qingqui allow or grant this promise. Nie Chuyin have taken advantage of Qingqui, would Bai Zhi let the demon also take advantage of her granddaughter because Dijun would definitely wont just stand by :joy:

If this is true, I'll have another reason to look forward to! Hoping! 

Nope! Its not one that technically she could give as that's suppose to be decided by the elders. 

Also he was needed more immortals to feed the demon. 

However wouldve been a fun alternative way for Dong Hua to correct Nie on Feng Jui's marriage status. 

On 10/9/2021 at 3:11 PM, Shane said:

Nie Chuyin have taken advantage of Qingqui, would Bai Zhi let the demon also take advantage of her granddaughter because Dijun would definitely wont just stand by

LOL! Fortunately they're already married and it's registered before Bing Cang. LMAO, if Nie Chuyin was actually successful getting a marriage promise from the Qing Qiu elders involving FJ, who else thinks DH will do a Xiao Yan move - pester the Black Demon Lord to duel? Duel that Nie Chuyin can't possibly refuse. :naughty:

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

Also he was needed more immortals to feed the demon. 

In the book Nie Chuyin is not as maliciously calculative as in the drama. But he's really thick faced enough for his furry hobby and his ambitions of more power.

• LOL 3

On 10/11/2021 at 11:00 AM, MayanEcho said:

LOL! Fortunately they're already married and it's registered before Bing Cang. LMAO, if Nie Chuyin was actually successful getting a marriage promise from the Qing Qiu elders involving FJ, who else thinks DH will do a Xiao Yan move - pester the Black Demon Lord to duel? Duel that Nie Chuyin can't possibly refuse. :naughty:

In the book Nie Chuyin is not as maliciously calculative as in the drama. But he's really thick faced enough for his furry hobby and his ambitions of more power.

I would like to see that happen. DHDJ pester the Black Demon Lord :D

I must say, the actor playing Nie Chuyin did a great job. He is slimy yet weirdly charming.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:45 PM, MayanEcho said:

Oh wow! If true, they should go for a two parts story adaptation, since Lotus Steps is a 4 volume novel. Now that only 40eps is the allowed max for a Cdrama, they can start the first 40 with the mortal arc, then another 40eps for the immortal arc.

I don't want the important scenes and story highlights cut anymore like what happened to Pillow Book drama. :(

I believe it is true. Considering how all of the Three Lives, Three World dramas are so popular, I doubt the investors would miss the opportunity to earn more money. The only factor is, when will Lotus Steps be released.

I think they will film Lotus Steps in one go and release it as two seasons series. For example, the novel "One Life, One Incarnation – Beautiful Bone" by Mo Bao Fei Bao was adapted to become a two season series. The first season is "One and Only" 24 episodes and "Forever and Ever" was labelled as the second season with 30 episodes. The second season was released immediately after the first season.

If it had extra footage as rumored, I wish they had released ELOD into two seasons.

• Love 2