[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

Pristineqi: which wuji?

Yeah.. Their kissing were best of best.. Love their pairing... I can see their love sprakle...

Rouzmary: yea... Eps 9... Cant wait to rewatch the ep 9 with sub... Thnks for the update.

Yea.. Quite cool to see bai lu dress in man..

Wondering how xu kai felt  when he fell in love with bai lu... Will he think himself as gay or secretly he know that bai lu was a girl and he will protect her during the training? Hahaha.. Hope there is more more more...romance rather than war politic..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally have a time to breath from crazy work day.

@DontEatMyKimchi Woah, Zhao Yao really says that to Yuan Ji?? That Li Chen Lan as her lover has right to share her everything??:open_mouth:

If this is how the drama shows her asserting her "ownership", I cannot imagine how the drama would depict her proposal .....

:heart::heart::heart:

1 hour ago, pristineqi said:

Camera-angle-wise, Mo Qing's kissing is better than Wuji's :P

Who is this Wuji?? The male lead character from Fu Yao? I can only stomach first episodes of Fu Yao .....

15 hours ago, Cathy Tran said:

I dont get it what  is (姜武) Jiang Wu background The relationship  between QQX and Lu Zhao Yao? in trailer QQX want to talk to Zhao Yao about Jiang Wu!!

Trailer next episodes 

:sweatingbullets: I m so attune to MQ's jealousy lately I just can't help paying more attention to his cues:

ZY: Qin sect leader, long time no see.

QQX: I have something to talk to you about

MQ *narrow his eyes sharply*

Here’s an article on Lin Zi Yu http://www.shangc.net/question/7590.html

Here’s my attempt at translating it.

Lin Zi Yu Loves Li Chen Lan?

Lin Zi Yu does indeed love Li Chen Lan. Otherwise she would  not be endlessly angry  because of Li Chen Lan’s attitude towards Qin Zhi Yan

Lu Zhao Yao  holds a special position in Lin Zi Yu’s heart and she is loyal to her  because Lu Zhao Yao once helped to rescue her from Xie Sha Men (an assassin organisation I think). She was then recruited into the An Luo Guards which allowed her to mature.

In the original novel, Lin Zhi Yu was truely grateful towards Lu Zhao Yao for saving her life. Even after Lu Zhao Yao went missing when she tried to retrieve the Wan Jun sword,Lin Zi Yu had never forgotten her kindness in helping her escape.

After Li Chen Lan became the new Sect Leader of Wan Lu Men, he helped nominate  Lin Zi Yu for the position of Captain of the An Luo Guards. Although  she appeared to be subservient towards Li Chen Lan, in her heart she believed Lu Zhao Yao was the true Sect Leader of Wan Lu Men.

However, her character was changed a little in the television drama. Her gender was changed from male to female, so she was given an emotional arc. Perhaps a tragic one? Even if Lin Zi Yu loved Li Chen Lan, this love already had predestined result because in Li Chen Lan’s heart he only had Lu Zhao Yao. There was no way anyone else could enter his heart.

Lin Zi Yu truely had feelings for Li Chen Lan, other than being in love with  him she also admired him. Li Chen Lan was different from Lu Zhao Yao, because he practiced humane policies and wiped away Lu Zhao Yao’s previous magical traps. He was also showed mercy towards Sect members who had made transgressions. Li Chen Lan’s method of treating others was enough for Lin Zi Yu to admire him endlessly and gradually grow to worship him. 

Hmmm, so that’s why she loves him? Li Chen Lan is a nice guy, that’s it????

1190-EAD4-ABCC-44-D1-8-DDC-875-F2733-F76

Hmm, kind of sad they make North mountain leader to refuse the return of ZhaoYao or disbelief the change in ZhaoYao attitude and that anluo guard LZY become jealous b***h, in the novel, both of them are very loyal to ZhaoYao, when they're punished by ZhaoYao because of their rebellion (for their loyalty to ZhaoYao), they obediently accepts the punishment and genuinely happy that their leader is back. All people in WanLu are very loyal in their own way to ZhaoYao (including MoQing);  Zhao You should be proud of that  :triumph:

2 minutes ago, fancia said:

Hmm, kind of sad they make North mountain leader to refuse the return of ZhaoYao and that anlu bodyguard LZY become jealous b***h, in the novel, both of them are very loyal to ZhaoYao, when they're punished by ZhaoYao because of their rebellion (for their loyalty to ZhaoYao), they obediently accepts the punishment and genuinely happy that their leader is back. All people in WanLu are very loyal in their own way to ZhaoYao (including MoQing);  Zhao You should be proud of that  :triumph:

The main problem is the novel the drama is based on is a very short so they have had to add new arcs to fill so many episodes. I wish they would just make shorter but higher quality dramas.

@DontEatMyKimchi thanks for the translation of the screenshots :wub:

@bluehibiscus I don’t know which one is longer, ash of love novel or ZY novel, but looking at it, ash of love is like 66eps? From an original 36eps, so that’s why lots of fillers. I can’t tell for ZY, as I don’t have that sort of info, it’s not as popular as AOL, so those info aren’t easy to surface. So far, I’m happy at the pace the drama is going at, I know we all a bit angsty because we want to see more of our OTP, however, they didn’t spend that much time on the side characters. There’s flash back, but again ain’t bad. Currently I’m trying to watch legend of Yunxi, and sorry if I offend lovers of that series, but at ep2 or 3? There was already flashback!!! No wait, it flashback twice by ep3! (First one I forgive because it’s storytelling, but the next one is uh... not needed! Plus the other two flashback to show they recognise it each other... but again, I forgive those 2, too!)

@fancia I agree with you that they should keep how loyal these people are just like in the novel, however, that would mean it’s too perfect? My impression of the north leader is he’s very loyal to ZY, same as anyone who has been saved by her. However, he got greedy, it’s human nature, too. You can’t have a sect full of 100% loyal people lol, impossible by nature lol. Also less drama for tv, hence the change. Even with a few turn against her, her accomplishments wouldn’t be dint 1 bit, because she managed to gather a lot of top people in jianghu to work for her, and they are all loyal to her, it’s not an easy job when you are first known to the world as an evil woman :lol: they heard she’s evil, yet they would still run to her for help, that means there is also rumours/her reputation of helping those who got nowhere to run to. And after getting helped, they could abandon or turn on her, but none did, until after she die. It’s quite an achievement for a woman, especially at that period of time. Comparing to Wu Mi Niang (the female emperor), she was smart, everyone knows that, her policy was very good, however, when they have a chance, they turn on her.

@frostflower14 lol, I’ll take that if that mean no extra draggy bit to explain why she loves him :lol: and get more screen time of our OTP. At lot of time, infatuation started with the guy being nice, or just being handsome lol. Don’t forget he was also someone of lowly position to start with, yet when given the responsibilities, he took the job seriously, while show integrity and kindness, who wouldn’t fall for that lol. I’ll take it over cliche “he saved my life, now imma blindly love him for the rest of my life” and here multiple flashbacks every time I moan my lost love :lol:

Found this video on weibo:

https://weibo.com/6103986731/HkC4yqFrj

Hahahahaha, love Zhao Yao reaction toward Li Chen Lan jealousy. I think even though she knows that Li Chen Lan loves her very much and will give pretty much everything she wanted, she knows not to make him angry:lol:. Even before this formal dating, she always appeased him when he got angry at her.

One song has popped up on Spotify (Main theme: 招摇). Still waiting for a song to show up in iTunes. T_T Let me buy the OST legally (and ideally on iTunes for easier syncing across my devices, haha). 

12 hours ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I am confused. How do other people see ZY? Was she able to get back to her body and became alive again? Did I miss that part? 

Yeah i’m confuse too, didn’t her body still in ice cave, how did ZY able to have a body? Or is it just a temporary body?

When will ZY get back to her own body in ice cave?

18 minutes ago, BikiLee said:

One song has popped up on Spotify (Main theme: 招摇). Still waiting for a song to show up in iTunes. T_T Let me buy the OST legally (and ideally on iTunes for easier syncing across my devices, haha). 

The Main Song is up for a while at iTunes now but nothing more. Already searched the other Song titles since OST often has the songs listed under the singers names. Nothing yet.

6 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Yeah i’m confuse too, didn’t her body still in ice cave, how did ZY able to have a body? Or is it just a temporary body?

When will ZY get back to her own body in ice cave?

I think someone already explained in the earlier comments... but basically ZY has always been using her own body with the appearance of Zhi Yan because Zhi Yan's blood revived her. The pool in the "Ghost World" wiped away remnants from her body like the affects of the pills and also Zhi Yan's blood that caused the illusion. From what I see, ZY does not have to go to the ice cave because she is using her own body. 

8 minutes ago, btsgomo said:

I think someone already explained in the earlier comments... but basically ZY has always been using her own body with the appearance of Zhi Yan because Zhi Yan's blood revived her. The pool in the "Ghost World" wiped away remnants from her body like the affects of the pills and also Zhi Yan's blood that caused the illusion. From what I see, ZY does not have to go to the ice cave because she is using her own body. 

So did the body in the ice cave disappear or still exist? If it still exist whose body is that?

@12blbl if you recalled in the earlier episode when she was first resurrected, they see double QZY. Another evidence that she has always had her body is that she can interact with things even when she’s invisible. That’s why MQ was stunned to feel her kiss :wub: my favourite scene lol!

Archived