Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, AnaMie said:

 

I just finished watching this series on Dimsum and I was so confused at the ending and the jumpy scene with the scenes don't match up that I have to rewatch it over and over again

I searched online for the novel to get a better explanation on the ending but the novel is not yet fully translated

until I come across this post

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your hard work on editing these episodes :kiss_wink:

now it all fits in like a puzzle being put perfectly in place

this ending is much more satisfactory than the original one

 

oh and my opinion

  Hide contents

 

I think the part where Mo qing was standing on icy water and the Wan Jun sword appear from the water crack should take place when Mo qing was struggling to break free from his bind when trying to help Zhao Yao defeat Luo Ming Xun

as in the previous scene in the illusion when sealing the sword in Sword Tomb he is seen leaving the sword in the water

so it is logical that when he breaks free from the bind, the illusion would be that the Wan Jun sword would appear from beneath the icy water 

 

 

 

It's no problem, I'm glad you found these edits. They are still a bit sloppy and will polish them up when I re-do them again in HQ. 

 

Spoiler

 

I had to go back and watch what I did again to refresh my memory on the point you mentioned. I see what you mean about the sword, it would be more logical for the sword to break free from the ice right at the moment Mo Qing retrieves it back. (When I first was putting these episodes back together, I was so proud of myself when I realized the sword being dropped into the water was connected to it breaking free from ice, as that should have meant the sword was sealed forever. ) Unfortunately when I was reviewing the episode again I realized there are a few problems with trying to insert it at that moment. The biggest is the music. I have to follow the music queues when editing, and the dramatic moment when the sword breaks free has a different score attached to it then when Mo Qing breaks free. I don't like interrupting the flow of music if I can help it, because it takes away it's emotional impact when the flow is stopped.  The other problem is timing, everything happens very fast when the Wan Jun dragon comes back to attack Luo Ming Xun, and that is also tied to the music. I don't think there's anytime to put it in. The third problem is when it finally gets to the part where Mo Qing begins to struggle on the ground, that's when another score starts, specifically at the point where we see him standing over the ice. This score is a doozy and it keeps going, even outside the vision with Zhao Yao pleading for Mo Qing to regain control and come back. It's because of that moment I really can't take the score out, it's has to play otherwise there would be no sound when Zhao Yao speaks. And because of that, I have nothing I could insert to replace the ice breaking scene that would be of the same emotional impact for why that score would be playing.

 

It's really a tangled web and I can only do so much when it comes to shifting clips around. Mainly I can do it for ending scenes, but it's really hard to insert a scene in the middle of another and not notice the music suddenly changing. You're opinion is still valid though, I can appreciate it because it tells me the guess work I did to try and put these episode back together, made enough sense that you had that kind of insight. I think the best you can hope for is to look at it like this: Mo Qing may have retrieved his sword back when he broke free but mentally, did not understand the consequences of that because he was too consumed by Wan Jun in that moment, compelled by nothing less other than to kill Luo Ming Xuan. After the deed, it's then Mo Qing feels the repercussions of that action, and the vision tells us that he's seeing what he's done; he's taken the sword back. It's for the audience to know as well. I think the way the scenes play out was all originally intend, it was only the insertion of the flash where Lu Zhao Yao has a "vision" of her killing Mo Qing which was done last minute. It's kind of funny too because LCL falling down the cracked ice into the abyss is the actual foreshadowing of what happens during the battle with Zhao Yao in the Sword Tomb. Why they decided to put a "vision" of the actual event before the foreshadowing of said event is a real head-scratcher.

 

As it is, if I had access to all the original files separated from each other, to do so would be more feasible. I'm sorry that I've given you a disappointing answer. But, regardless, thank you for your input. :)

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, aprincessofmars said:

 

  Hide contents

 

I had to go back and watch what I did again to refresh my memory on the point you mentioned. I see what you mean about the sword, it would be more logical for the sword to break free from the ice right at the moment Mo Qing retrieves it back. (When I first was putting these episodes back together, I was so proud of myself when I realized the sword being dropped into the water was connected to it breaking free from ice, as that should have meant the sword was sealed forever. ) Unfortunately when I was reviewing the episode again I realized there are a few problems with trying to insert it at that moment. The biggest is the music. I have to follow the music queues when editing, and the dramatic moment when the sword breaks free has a different score attached to it then when Mo Qing breaks free. I don't like interrupting the flow of music if I can help it, because it takes away it's emotional impact when the flow is stopped.  The other problem is timing, everything happens very fast when the Wan Jun dragon comes back to attack Luo Ming Xun, and that is also tied to the music. I don't think there's anytime to put it in. The third problem is when it finally gets to the part where Mo Qing begins to struggle on the ground, that's when another score starts, specifically at the point where we see him standing over the ice. This score is a doozy and it keeps going, even outside the vision with Zhao Yao pleading for Mo Qing to regain control and come back. It's because of that moment I really can't take the score out, it's has to play otherwise there would be no sound when Zhao Yao speaks. And because of that, I have nothing I could insert to replace the ice breaking scene that would be of the same emotional impact for why that score would be playing.

 

It's really a tangled web and I can only do so much when it comes to shifting clips around. Mainly I can do it for ending scenes, but it's really hard to insert a scene in the middle of another and not notice the music suddenly changing. You're opinion is still valid though, I can appreciate it because it tells me the guess work I did to try and put these episode back together, made enough sense that you had that kind of insight. I think the best you can hope for is to look at it like this: Mo Qing may have retrieved his sword back when he broke free but mentally, did not understand the consequences of that because he was too consumed by Wan Jun in that moment, compelled by nothing less other than to kill Luo Ming Xuan. After the deed, it's then Mo Qing feels the repercussions of that action, and the vision tells us that he's seeing what he's done; he's taken the sword back. It's for the audience to know as well. I think the way the scenes play out was all originally intend, it was only the insertion of the flash where Lu Zhao Yao has a "vision" of her killing Mo Qing which was done last minute. It's kind of funny too because LCL falling down the cracked ice into the abyss is the actual foreshadowing of what happens during the battle with Zhao Yao in the Sword Tomb. Why they decided to put a "vision" of the actual event before the foreshadowing of said event is a real head-scratcher.

 

Anyways, thank you for your input, regardless. :)

 

 

 

Thank you for the explanation, I didn't noticed the background music before, I'm sorry and I understand it is not possible to change the background music as it would mean changing the audio that includes the actor voices and sound effects.

Nonetheless the episodes were nicely edited not sloppy at all. Thank you again for spending the time to make it. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnaMie said:

 

 

Thank you for the compliments. That's just me looking at my first attempt like it was a first draft. I realized I can do even better with some of the minor details like the video and audio fade-in's and fade-outs I applied.

And don't be sorry at all. This is the kind of problem I'm running into all the time while trying to re-edit this drama. It's even more of pain when attempting to fix out-of-sync audio but the clips I'm working with means all the subtitles on the video itself get thrown out of sync. It's tricky. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why am I so late? LMAO, I've found out about this drama like 4 days ago? Happened to randomly watched a video of it on YouTube and it got me hook up so I've instantly started watching it. I'm just done watching it today, yh didn't sleep much these last few days hahaha. I'm kinda picky in Chinese dramas, it's either watching them in a rush or never finish them at all. I gotta say this one got me hooked up, mainly because of the actor Xu Kai who's someone I've never seen or heard before this. His smirk is everything! I love that actress as well, I'm pretty sure I saw her in another drama but I can't recall. I love that character she's playing, and she looks so nice when she's the supreme leader! I got confused in the last episodes so after I was done watching, I started to look for explanations and I got here so I gotta leave a comment on this :p it's been longtime since my last ch drama that I really loved, I can't even remember which one it was lol. This one is one the best ch dramas I've ever watched though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 7:53 AM, aprincessofmars said:

 

Very much so, I'm working on Ep. 18 as I write this.

I love this drama too: the story, characters, all of it. :) It's a quality drama where it counts. If the flaws went beyond the editing, then there would be nothing I could do to fix it. Thankfully the flaws are only cosmetic. So, rest assured, I'm dedicated to finishing it to the end.

Every Friday I will at least torrent what I have completed, even If I don't have a new episode ready. But there's also the links to download available at anytime. 

 

Hi there, just wanna stop by and pay my gratitude for your wonderful project.... 

 

And there is something that bothering me... Chinese drama shows tend to be dubbed. I was wonder if it is really Xu Kai's voice that dubbed Li Chen Lan's character or is there some other voice actor behind the creation of my adorable Mo Qing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michiyo90 said:

 

Hi there, just wanna stop by and pay my gratitude for your wonderful project.... 

 

And there is something that bothering me... Chinese drama shows tend to be dubbed. I was wonder if it is really Xu Kai's voice that dubbed Li Chen Lan's character or is there some other voice actor behind the creation of my adorable Mo Qing.

 

Hello. Thank you so much for the feedback. :)


I'm not an expert on C-Dramas, I've only seen a handful. I didn't notice they were dubbed until I started recognizing similar voices from other dramas. The voice for Li Chen Lan isn't from the actor Xu Kai, though it's convincing enough for me, (but I confess that at first I thought it was too deep for him, but I've since grown to love it.) I know it''s not his because I've heard it before, a handful of times. My favourite occurrence is recently after watching Eternal Love of Dream (The Pillow Book), it's the same voice as Feng Jiu's uncle, Bai Zhen. There's another character with the same voice too from that drama, but I can't remember who it was. But I thought that was cute because I'm almost 99% certain that Zhao Yao's voice and Feng Jiu's voice are the same as well, funnily enough.  If you want to hear Xu Kai's real voice, you can hear him talk naturally in the videos from behind the scenes, interviews and some commercials. Arsenal Military Academy has quite a few commercials with him at the start of the episodes. His natural voice is softer sounding.


One of the reasons why C-Drama tend to have dubs, as I heard one person put it, for ancient Chinese, they use a certain tone or way or speaking for the fantasy/historical dramas. I heard it's kinda like their equivalent to Shakespearean English, so the voices have to sound a certain way. I'm not sure how true this is, so don't take my word for it, just thought it was interesting and made some sense.


Hope that answers your question, I'm not an expert in the slightest. I just enjoy the dramas and that's what I've learned from watching them.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

 

Hi there, just wanna stop by and pay my gratitude for your wonderful project.... 

 

And there is something that bothering me... Chinese drama shows tend to be dubbed. I was wonder if it is really Xu Kai's voice that dubbed Li Chen Lan's character or is there some other voice actor behind the creation of my adorable Mo Qing.

@aprincessofmars

 

Hi, I also wanted to add that because of the vast country of China, there exists many dialects and speech can vary so greatly that it may be hard to understand. The actors' original voices may be hard to understand if their dialect accent is strong. There is also a lot of noise when filming Chinese dramas that it may be easier to dubb instead of using mics. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, btsgomo said:

@aprincessofmars

 

Hi, I also wanted to add that because of the vast country of China, there exists many dialects and speech can vary so greatly that it may be hard to understand. The actors' original voices may be hard to understand if their dialect accent is strong. There is also a lot of noise when filming Chinese dramas that it may be easier to dub instead of using mics. 

 

Thank you for your prompt answer. I also thought these dramas have to be dubbed because the director need to give actors/actresses the precise instruction on set as how they want the scene to be and the position they should stand for the shoot.  But these is one photo that I saw that has the mics in it, so I was wandering if this is dubbed or record on set 

Spoiler

Trong hình ảnh có thể có: 1 người, cận cảnh và văn bản

 

In this photo, you can see a little bit of the mics (or the noise cancellation device) at the bottom, so is there sences that they use actor's real voice, and dubbed the other sences???? It's really confusing

4 hours ago, aprincessofmars said:

 

Hello. Thank you so much for the feedback. :)


I'm not an expert on C-Dramas, I've only seen a handful. I didn't notice they were dubbed until I started recognizing similar voices from other dramas. The voice for Li Chen Lan isn't from the actor Xu Kai, though it's convincing enough for me, (but I confess that at first I thought it was too deep for him, but I've since grown to love it.) I know it''s not his because I've heard it before, a handful of times. My favourite occurrence is recently after watching Eternal Love of Dream (The Pillow Book), it's the same voice as Feng Jiu's uncle, Bai Zhen. There's another character with the same voice too from that drama, but I can't remember who it was. But I thought that was cute because I'm almost 99% certain that Zhao Yao's voice and Feng Jiu's voice are the same as well, funnily enough.  If you want to hear Xu Kai's real voice, you can hear him talk naturally in the videos from behind the scenes, interviews and some commercials. Arsenal Military Academy has quite a few commercials with him at the start of the episodes. His natural voice is softer sounding.


One of the reasons why C-Drama tend to have dubs, as I heard one person put it, for ancient Chinese, they use a certain tone or way or speaking for the fantasy/historical dramas. I heard it's kinda like their equivalent to Shakespearean English, so the voices have to sound a certain way. I'm not sure how true this is, so don't take my word for it, just thought it was interesting and made some sense.


Hope that answers your question, I'm not an expert in the slightest. I just enjoy the dramas and that's what I've learned from watching them.

 

I really love the voice of Mo Qing,  and I don't know Xu Kai's accent enough (but I kinda know that his voice is diffirent from Mo Qing's voice.) It might sound silly but 40% of my love for MQ came from his voice.... And I really want to know who dubbed MQ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

 

Thank you for your prompt answer. I also thought these dramas have to be dubbed because the director need to give actors/actresses the precise instruction on set as how they want the scene to be and the position they should stand for the shoot.  But these is one photo that I saw that has the mics in it, so I was wandering if this is dubbed or record on set 

  Reveal hidden contents

Trong hình ảnh có thể có: 1 người, cận cảnh và văn bản

 

In this photo, you can see a little bit of the mics (or the noise cancellation device) at the bottom, so is there sences that they use actor's real voice, and dubbed the other sences???? It's really confusing

 

I really love the voice of Mo Qing,  and I don't know Xu Kai's accent enough (but I kinda know that his voice is diffirent from Mo Qing's voice.) It might sound silly but 40% of my love for MQ came from his voice.... And I really want to know who dubbed MQ. 

 

Some of the voice actors are quite mysterious. I wish the voices as well as the actors were both attributed on mydramalist, then I could know who is who. But, maybe they are credited in the credits, I just can't read the language.

 

*Someone else in this fourm mentioned this name, Yang Tianxiang. https://baike.baidu.com/item/杨天翔/7558907 This might be the man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally found out who dubbed Li Chen Lan

 

It's the voice over artist Tianxiang Yang (杨天翔) - I scroll down the credit roll and use my little Mandarin to track his name https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/杨天翔

 

He did voice some character like Bai Zhen from Eternal Love 2017 and many anime shows....

His voice is really soothing. I can say that my Mo Qing is the combination of Xu Kai's acting and Yang's voice. Sometime I spent hours just listening to Mo Qing's monologue alone :)))))

 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your ongoing project. Hope to hear good news from you soon

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

I finally found out who dubbed Li Chen Lan

 

It's the voice over artist Tianxiang Yang (杨天翔) - I scroll down the credit roll and use my little Mandarin to track his name https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/杨天翔

 

He did voice some character like Bai Zhen from Eternal Love 2017 and many anime shows....

His voice is really soothing. I can say that my Mo Qing is the combination of Xu Kai's acting and Yang's voice. Sometime I spent hours just listening to Mo Qing's monologue alone :)))))

 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your ongoing project. Hope to hear good news from you soon

 

Haha :mrgreen:, for me it is the same with Bian Jiang. Put that guy into an at least decent Drama and I'm glued to headphones despite understanding VERY little. :phew:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I just came across this drama (I had given up on cdramas lol), and finding the fan-edited version made me so happy!!! Thank you so much @aprincessofmars for all your hard work!! I'm in awe!!! I've already downloaded your episodes 1-20 and 50-54 (unfortunately 55 is out of commission TT_TT)

Also, for filehosting, I have a suggestion, if it would make life easier for you, no pressure. I'm not sure if you're familiar with telegram, it's a messaging service like Line etc, but on it you can also make "channels", and upload an unlimited number of files of up to 1.5GB; people do need to be members of telegram to see the channel, but it's very easy to become a member (it's all free), and your files will never be deleted, guaranteed (unless the channel admin deletes it). Also, you can login from multiple places (desktop, smart phone) simultaneously and all your chats remain the exact same, no empty chats/file loss because of new device. I've seen a few fansubs work this way. You can also make your channel public (any telegram member can find it), or private (only people with links can find it). I'm from a manga scanlation group and that's how we're hosting our files ^^ (this way there's also no DMCA notices etc.)
 

Also, about dubbing, I'm not sure if it has changed recently, but back when I used to watch cdramas, the reasons given were a. Because in wuxia/xianxia there's lots of special effects machinery, it interferes with sound quality, b. cdramas want "unaccented"/standard mandarin, so this way any accents will get dubbed over (a lot of actors have Taiwanese accents etc.) I'm personally not a big fan of this practice, but sometimes you just have to ignore it ^^;;

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nutella said:

Hey guys, I just came across this drama (I had given up on cdramas lol), and finding the fan-edited version made me so happy!!! Thank you so much @aprincessofmars for all your hard work!! I'm in awe!!! I've already downloaded your episodes 1-20 and 50-54 (unfortunately 55 is out of commission TT_TT)

Also, for filehosting, I have a suggestion, if it would make life easier for you, no pressure. I'm not sure if you're familiar with telegram, it's a messaging service like Line etc, but on it you can also make "channels", and upload an unlimited number of files of up to 1.5GB; people do need to be members of telegram to see the channel, but it's very easy to become a member (it's all free), and your files will never be deleted, guaranteed (unless the channel admin deletes it). Also, you can login from multiple places (desktop, smart phone) simultaneously and all your chats remain the exact same, no empty chats/file loss because of new device. I've seen a few fansubs work this way. You can also make your channel public (any telegram member can find it), or private (only people with links can find it). I'm from a manga scanlation group and that's how we're hosting our files ^^ (this way there's also no DMCA notices etc.)
 

Also, about dubbing, I'm not sure if it has changed recently, but back when I used to watch cdramas, the reasons given were a. Because in wuxia/xianxia there's lots of special effects machinery, it interferes with sound quality, b. cdramas want "unaccented"/standard mandarin, so this way any accents will get dubbed over (a lot of actors have Taiwanese accents etc.) I'm personally not a big fan of this practice, but sometimes you just have to ignore it ^^;;

 

Wow, thank you for all the information. :) I'm not sure what's wrong with episode 55, but if you can't get access to it, I might try  uploading 50-55 to PCloud and Megadrive as well. It is kinda of a pain with links since they keep expiring. And trying to find new places that will allow me to upload the files for free. Hence, I very much appreciate your suggestion. I''ve heard about Line but I don't use it, but I've never heard of Telegram before. Do I need a phone # to start an account? That would be a problem for me since I don't use a cellular phone number, but I have a mobile device for other uses. The only other problem would be my file sizes, I'm afraid I don't have any episodes from the 1-20 batch under 1.5 gbs, they're all just slightly over the limit. I do have plans though to release all the episodes, when I'm finished editing, in three sizes: 4k, 2k and 1080. All the 1080 episodes should have reduced files sizes, and would most likely fit, but I don't want to do that until I get to the end, to save on space and lessen the amount of work rendering three versions at a time would take. I will look into it and see how far I can get. Thank you a bunch, and for your scanlation effort, I've enjoyed quite a few manga's because of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 8:24 AM, aprincessofmars said:

 Yes, It's not in the edit, I left it out. I thought it was kinda of weird how they repurposed footage to make it seem like it was their kids. But I see that it's actually sorta cute in a weird way, and kind of affirms that they had a happy ending, like in the novel. To make up for it I'm going to put it back it when I redo the last six episodes for a new version of The Legends that I'm currently editing. It won't be finished for a while yet, though.

 

I don't think the "kids" scene should be added in your edition. For 1, it's really jarring seeing their mouth movement out of sync with the dubbing. And 2, they didn't show us one single happy scene of them at the end (other than the one which they go to buy Tanghulu 糖葫芦 and then that's it... They jumped to the "kids" scene right away. For me, I just wish that in the end scene, they'd show us that Mo Qing flyed up from the bottom of "tomb of sword" after the sword and then hug Zhao Yao. - The end - That would be enough for me.

 

But this is just my pov. It's entirely up to you how you want your own edition to be. 

Good luck to you :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, AnaMie said:

 

oh and my opinion

  Hide contents

 

I think the part where Mo qing was standing on icy water and the Wan Jun sword appear from the water crack should take place when Mo qing was struggling to break free from his bind when trying to help Zhao Yao defeat Luo Ming Xun

as in the previous scene in the illusion when sealing the sword in Sword Tomb he is seen leaving the sword in the water

so it is logical that when he breaks free from the bind, the illusion would be that the Wan Jun sword would appear from beneath the icy water 

 

 

 

The Wan Jun sword was sealed when they (Mo Qing and Zhao Yao) went to Tomb of Sword in attempt to seal it.  They sealed it into the stone where it originally is. And when Mo Qing breaks free from the bind (his Xīn mó called out to the sword), the sword flied from the Tomb of Stone to where Mo Qing was held hostage. 

 

And this part

Quote

the illusion when sealing the sword in Sword Tomb he is seen leaving the sword in the water

 

I think this scence is after he let Zhao Yao stab him and fell to the abyss of Tomb of sword. That scene is when he was at some place so bright, in a raft, looking very peaceful, and drop the sword into the water . I think that place was like limbo; his action (drop the sword into the water) symbolized him finally got rid of his Xīn mó (inner demon spirit) , and his peaceful look might hint that he would come back to Zhao Yao eventually. 

 

This is my 2 cent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

 

I don't think the "kids" scene should be added in your edition. For 1, it's really jarring seeing their mouth movement out of sync with the dubbing. And 2, they didn't show us one single happy scene of them at the end (other than the one which they go to buy Tanghulu 糖葫芦 and then that's it... They jumped to the "kids" scene right away. For me, I just wish that in the end scene, they'd show us that Mo Qing flyed up from the bottom of "tomb of sword" after the sword and then hug Zhao Yao. - The end - That would be enough for me.

 

But this is just my pov. It's entirely up to you how you want your own edition to be. 

Good luck to you :wub:

 

Don't worry, I'm going to do it in such a way that I think can make both sides happy.

  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, aprincessofmars said:

 

Wow, thank you for all the information. :) I'm not sure what's wrong with episode 55, but if you can't get access to it, I might try  uploading 50-55 to PCloud and Megadrive as well. It is kinda of a pain with links since they keep expiring. And trying to find new places that will allow me to upload the files for free. Hence, I very much appreciate your suggestion. I''ve heard about Line but I don't use it, but I've never heard of Telegram before. Do I need a phone # to start an account? That would be a problem for me since I don't use a cellular phone number, but I have a mobile device for other uses. The only other problem would be my file sizes, I'm afraid I don't have any episodes from the 1-20 batch under 1.5 gbs, they're all just slightly over the limit. I do have plans though to release all the episodes, when I'm finished editing, in three sizes: 4k, 2k and 1080. All the 1080 episodes should have reduced files sizes, and would most likely fit, but I don't want to do that until I get to the end, to save on space and lessen the amount of work rendering three versions at a time would take. I will look into it and see how far I can get. Thank you a bunch, and for your scanlation effort, I've enjoyed quite a few manga's because of it.

 

I'll divide this into parts so hopefully I answer everything, if I forget to mention something let me know and I'll answer ASAP ^u^

 

1. For telegram you do need to have a number, because that is how they send you a security code. However, it's completely ok if you don't have an official sim card number, any service like Google Voice or Textnow (both of these have mobile app and also desktop apps) will work! That's how I made my account too, because I have a data sim card only, no number ^^ As long as you can receive one text, that's all you really need!

2. Yeah, I did notice while downloading that the files were slightly big, so feel free to take your time and re-encode at the end! I've seen some fansub groups separate their files in parts, which I guess is also an option? Up to you, as you're the senpai in this area ^^ But I just thought to mention it in the thread because I've seen you re-up several times and thought it must be really getting to you XD If you want, since I've downloaded eps 1-20 right now, I can try splitting and uploading them as backup? Let me know, I would be happy to help if I can! Also, for me, episodes 50-54 are showing up in the 600mb range, so maybe you'd want to try that out first, if telegram is feasible?

 

3. Aww thank you so much, it's always so cool to hear that people like scanlations ^u^

 

Jiayou!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, Nutella said:

 

I'll divide this into parts so hopefully I answer everything, if I forget to mention something let me know and I'll answer ASAP ^u^

 

1. For telegram you do need to have a number, because that is how they send you a security code. However, it's completely ok if you don't have an official sim card number, any service like Google Voice or Textnow (both of these have mobile app and also desktop apps) will work! That's how I made my account too, because I have a data sim card only, no number ^^ As long as you can receive one text, that's all you really need!

2. Yeah, I did notice while downloading that the files were slightly big, so feel free to take your time and re-encode at the end! I've seen some fansub groups separate their files in parts, which I guess is also an option? Up to you, as you're the senpai in this area ^^ But I just thought to mention it in the thread because I've seen you re-up several times and thought it must be really getting to you XD If you want, since I've downloaded eps 1-20 right now, I can try splitting and uploading them as backup? Let me know, I would be happy to help if I can! Also, for me, episodes 50-54 are showing up in the 600mb range, so maybe you'd want to try that out first, if telegram is feasible?

 

3. Aww thank you so much, it's always so cool to hear that people like scanlations ^u^

 

Jiayou!!!

 

Again, thank you for these suggestions. I downloaded the app and I'll see If I can get past the registration stage using a spoof or temp number, but even so, I could only upload 50-55 I think. BTW, I uploaded those episodes to PCloud, are you able to get 55 from there? Let me know. :)

 

I don't mind offering these episodes on any platform I can get on to, it's just a matter of managing the links and accounts once I start them and having enough space for all 55 episodes. When you mention splitting, do you mean splitting Ep 1-20 in half so they could be available on Telegram? I'm not sure how to do that myself. If you're really keen on it, I don't mind if you, or anybody for that matter, wants to host the episodes yourself. It's just that when I get to the end of editing, I will go back and tweak some of the earlier episodes for editing mistakes that I missed; which means all the those episodes have to be replaced. But I feel like very quickly, hosting these episodes will become burdensome; and asking too much of your generous offer. Also, wouldn't the subtitles be affected?


I have to re-render all the episodes anyway so I can handbrake them into different sizes. I don't keep the original renders on my computer because the file size output is humongous once it comes out of Adobe Premiere Pro, like 11 to 12gbs each. I delete them once I handbrake the episodes to save space on my laptop. When I started this project, I had to settle on just one acceptable size that would still be great quality, and able to run on my laptop. They best comprise I could get after playing around with Handbrakes settings, reduced the files to about 1-2 gbs each in a 2K sizing. They're about the same size as the 4K episodes from the Blu-ray discs, but I couldn't seem to compress the size any smaller without losing quality, and I thought that would be shame since The Legends in 4K is gorgeous, much better than the 480p version I watched the first time around. But 1080 is more conservative on space, so I will definitely make 1080p available. But I want to create the 1080p ver. from the original HQ renders, (opposed to handbraking the 2K episodes I've created into 1080) which I don't have yet so I have to wait until I get to the end of the project to do that.

 

It's a bit tricky juggling all the specifics in my head, but so far I've managed because I take it slow. Thank you for your input and suggestions. I personally cannot wait to get my new laptop so I can resume this project. Plus, a better laptop with a better graphics card will speed up my render times; a godsend compared to the speed I've been going at. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this thread still active? I saw one part about Li Chen Lan's fatherhood in ytb (but it's in Vietnamese)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s7sMht6J80

 

It brought me to my tears at how tender, how kind, how devoting Li Chen Lan is to his father - the one who put that Xīn mó into him, intended to kill him when he's just an infant, then locked him up for 1000 years in that dark, narrow cave.... He held no grudge to that father; the only thing he wanted is for him and Zhao Yao to have one more family member... And he didn't even get to spend one whole day with his father; the only thing he could do was to offer him a cup of tea;  before his father completely forgot about him again  :bawling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...