[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rouzmary, well he won’t be so happy when he finds out she’s a “married” woman :joy:. His jealousy scenes are always hilarious. The last bird killing scene was so scary, Zhao Yao told Zhi Yan, “I’m not here” and Zhi Yan tells him “Big sister has gone out”, when he can clearly see both of them sitting on the bed together :scream:. Zhao Yao even remarks that he looks like he was trying to catch her in the act of cheating on him.

57 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

well he won’t be so happy when he finds out she’s a “married” woman :joy:

For certain he wont't. From my reading with goggle translation, he literally orders Wan Lu Men disciples to burn papers for Cao Ning for the whole 2 days??, so much until it sends Cao Ning straight to heaven:joy:. Please correct me if I got the information wrong.

I am also waiting for Zhao Yao proposal. She is the one who proposes, right??

It's New BTS but the ep is not recent... 

Might have already posted this BTS

Copy above link into Converter--> dont 'save as', just click on the link if dont want to download (PS. Can someone tell if this trick actually works?)

Spoiler

007DUpiqly1g0wcu8ugh1g30p40cskjp.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu94ewlg30p40cshdv.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu4860gg30p40cshdv.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu69xg9g30p40cse82.gif007DUpiqly1g0wcuaoshpg30p40cs4qw.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu4ufxug30p40csqv8.gif

My version of the translation: 

So.. mm... you see after that night you locked me up and seduced me.... I gave birth to a son

ZY mommy, you might have met him before, he goes by the name Jiang Wu.

Spoiler

tumblr_po6f1sqbOm1u1iqoao2_r1_500.gif

angry face ZY is the best ZY

Spoiler

tumblr_po6f1aXrFC1u1iqoao1_500.gif

"Y are you nervous? 

Even if I cant use my 'powers', I still have you. "

Spoiler

tumblr_po6f0kQxr21u1iqoao1_500.gif

tumblr_po6f0kQxr21u1iqoao2_500.gif

"when did you learn how to separate between Zhi Yan and me?"

"when you fought with Yuan Jie to save Liu Cang Ling"

Spoiler

tumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao3_400.giftumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao2_400.gif

tumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao1_400.gif

tumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao4_400.gif

collections of all the Wallpaper stills

{12:00 Update}

Spoiler

tumblr_po6orzjRZR1u1iqoao2_500.gif

tumblr_po6orzjRZR1u1iqoao1_500.gif

"ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU at this very moment in this particular place" (oh shut up)

"WHAT NONSENSE IS THAT, bullsh*t!"

waiting for 1:00 weibo update........ 

Spoiler

6d40f7f4ly1g0yu5r2d9vg20co05jx6t.gif

I dont think they will be giving out anymore spoilers. I'll upload some photos of Bailu & Xukai instead. See you tmr. 

Spoiler

006Y5TqOly1g0yt4rnrt5j319d1w04qp.jpg005PW3yyly1g0yq0mqnkfj30qo14144j.jpg

006bSwu9gy1g0yqk8brygj30ci0cigmt.jpg

8a01e413ly1g0ynbzkm9uj20af08d0t9.jpg

007DUpiqly1g0ys8wq3lhj30h90h9aen.jpg

6d40f7f4ly1g0yn027zjij20ms0msgox.jpg

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

It's New BTS but the ep is not recent... 

Might have already posted this BTS

Copy above link into Converter--> dont 'save as', just click on the link if dont want to download (PS. Can someone tell if this trick actually works?)

Reveal hidden contents

007DUpiqly1g0wcu8ugh1g30p40cskjp.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu94ewlg30p40cshdv.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu4860gg30p40cshdv.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu69xg9g30p40cse82.gif007DUpiqly1g0wcuaoshpg30p40cs4qw.gif

007DUpiqly1g0wcu4ufxug30p40csqv8.gif

My version of the translation: 

So.. mm... you see after that night you locked me up and seduced me.... I gave birth to a son

ZY mommy might have met him before, he goes by the name Jiang Wu.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po6f1sqbOm1u1iqoao2_r1_500.gif

angry face ZY is the best ZY

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po6f1aXrFC1u1iqoao1_500.gif

"Y are you nervous? 

Even if I cant use my 'powers', I still have you. "

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po6f0kQxr21u1iqoao1_500.gif

tumblr_po6f0kQxr21u1iqoao2_500.gif

"when did you learn to separate between Zhi Yan and me?"

"when you fought with Yuan Jie to save Liu Cang Ling"

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao3_400.giftumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao2_400.gif

tumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao1_400.gif

tumblr_po28g8YjGM1u1iqoao4_400.gif

collections of all the Wallpaper stills

Thank you! I m so looking forward to this week's episodes for their reunion, and hopefully we will get the scenes of MQ getting jealous due to ZY being "married" to Cao Ning the scholar. I agree all the scenes of MQ getting jealous (of QQX, JW) are all so funny :D I also really want to see others reacting to ZY being back and interacting with her too.

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

For certain he wont't. From my reading with goggle translation, he literally orders Wan Lu Men disciples to burn papers for Cao Ning for the whole 2 days??, so much until it sends Cao Ning straight to heaven:joy:. Please correct me if I got the information wrong.

I am also waiting for Zhao Yao proposal. She is the one who proposes, right??

Yeah I remember that scene in the book, everyone thought Mo Qing was insane. Cao Qing became an immortal because he received so much paper money. Zhao Yao never got that divorce paper she wanted but since they are now literally separated between Heaven and Earth,Zhao Yao remarks that she’s now the widow of an immortal :lol:. Mo Qing is not happy even if this thought crosses her mind.

In the drama, he’s probably going to order everyone to do good deeds in Cao Ning’s name.

Exactly how did he see the difference when she fight with northern leader? Because the way she used her internal force? I know the drama highlighted he saw her at that moment, but I always wondering what exactly trigger it.

Wait, she’s the one that propose???? Lol gotta see this!

Talking about viki, I think there is a translator team standing by there right now, but Viki has not respond the license request yet...

https://www.viki.com/tv/36409c-the-legends?locale=en

Here is the viki request page in case anyone wants to make one:

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/ 

Not gonna lie... I make it every single day..  :joy: 

IMO chances are quite high for this show to be picked, but... but.. it could be after its done airing... I've seen other shows getting this treatment... such as Fighter of destiny... and even yanxi... my conspiracy theory that I made is that viki don't want conflicting viewers between the current aired show in their Chanel.. booo.... :sweatingbullets:  Still, I appreciate PP for her effort in subbing The Legend.. she's always been an angel. :wub:

Anyway... just want to add my 2 cents... Its fine if we have different taste...to be honest.. I don't have issues with GMP haha.... the comments in weibo are super cute by saying that "while GMP, breaks their heart, Zhao Yao became their balm for their wound" :wub: 

These two Li boys continue to have my heart...

Li cheng yin and Xiao Feng's doomed romance makes me hurt... while 

Li Chen lan and Zhao Yao's new found love makes my heart full with happiness. :wub: 

D1ODDJLU8AEBPDj.jpg

@DontEatMyKimchi :wub: Thanks 

@Rouzmary that’s what I said, even though Minglan is successful in China, but it’s also a special cup of tea, that might or might not make money back for viki. But since minglan features ZLY, the fee ia high for the rights. And that’s possibly where they might lose the money.

their next success on the list is GMP, it’s one of the two current popular drama (the other is this one). However, its plot is angsty, has bad acting, reception is bad at the start. So if the viewers are those who easily drop a series, it will fail. The score of GMP is increasing as it goes on, so it show you need to stick with it for a bit, so long term, they will make back the money on it. 

Spoiler

GMP will also have a sad ending, I personally dislike the ending! What kind of message is this? If your lover is S&$tty person, you can’t be strong enough to kick him to the curb, so you commit suicide??????????? Like seriously -.- meanwhile our ZY is like “why kill myself when I can kill chu!” :lol: equally unhealthy, but hey, I pick the later on lol!

the other two are flop, and quite bad. So with one long term definitely regain the money, one might be/might be not/might take a while, it’s certainly a gloom outlook for our drama to be picked up :(

@lynne22 or it could be what you said :) only the hottest show/on trend or predicted to be great get picked up by viki. Yanxi is an outliner though, no one expect it to be that good, and being a Yu zheng’s Series, you best be caustious lol! As seen with haolan, I’m a bit skeptic all on Zhao ge, but will have to wait and see. Viki possibly has a cool down period to force their users watch the current on air stuffs, to make use of their content and make back as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

12:00 Update

This GIF deserves it's own post but I'll also add it to my previous post.

Reveal hidden contents

"At this very moment in this particular place, ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU" (oh shut up)

Did you hear that? That slap on LZY's face? 

Ahhhh *screams internally cause I am at work* ZY's timing is so so perfect, and omg MQ's expression when he saw her is just gold! That mix of absolute relief and adoration just went right through my heart! Kudos to Xu Kai for nailing this :heart:

39 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Hide contents

"At this very moment in this particular place, ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU" (oh shut up)

Is this from tonight episode?

Just adding my two cents here about Goodbye My Princess and Untouchable Lovers. I watched a couple episodes of Goodbye My Princess, the beginning was really nice but after all the deaths and killing of people related to the main girl it got pretty boring so I dropped it. I didn't think the acting was bad but it's definitely not as good as The Legends. Out of all the Chinese dramas airing right now, I'm only watching The Legends because it's the only one worth watching. I prefer Chinese historical fantasy dramas so I'm always on the lookout for new ones but I'm also really picky, though if I really like a drama I can watch it again and again. I've already re-watched all the current episodes of The Legends again, 6 episodes a week is not enough lol.

Untouchable Lovers, to me, was really bad, like not worth watching it was all just pretty cast which I don't care about. I only saw three episodes and skipped almost all of it. The story made no sense and the acting was so bad. The main guy is nothing but a pretty face, same for another drama he acted in, disappointment. Not to diss him but the term xiao xian rou 小鲜肉 perfectly describes him. This is a Chinese term used to refer to new actors who are fresh, young, and handsome, the term literally means little fresh meat. New actors might not always want to be coined with that phrase because it just means you have a nice face and it overshadows your acting abilities. I remember Xu Kai was asked in an interview once about being xiao xian rou but he said he didn't want to referred as that but instead he wants viewers to watch over his acting and be recognized for that. He is handsome but from the interviews I've seen, he is serious about his acting and wants to be known for his roles in dramas.  

Anyways that ends my rant. I don't have many people to share with about the dramas I watch so hopefully this didn't bore all of you. 

Also if any of you are looking for a nice drama to watch within the drama of historical fantasy: Legend of Yunxi and Ashes of Love are really good. Both are adopted from novels, Legend of Yunxi has a smart and strong main female lead who doesn't need her man to kick richard simmons for her but the parts where the male lead comes in to help her are swoon-worthy.  

Though Ariel Lin's current drama isn't good, check out Prince of Lan Ling (Lan Ling Wang) which is a drama she did back in 2013 with Feng Shaofeng. It's really good with a really good plot, great acting, and will probably make you want to rip your hair out for some/many parts (in a good way). 

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Hide contents

What good timing!!!! Can’t wait! Oh my sleep tonight! Determine to sleep early then wake up at 5 to watch it xD love MQ’s face when he heard her voice

@tenten I love lanling wang, too. That was the series that got me to love Ariel and FSF. I’m pretty picky as well in term of drama, I guess I’m getting too old to watch drama that frustrates me lol. Song Wei long indeed is just a pretty face for now, his acting was bad in untouchables lovers, but I was willing to look past that for the first 16ep, but couldn’t any more afterward lol. I do hope he get better though, otherwise it’s such a waste of that pretty face :lol: I’m trying legend of yunxi, but I can’t say I’m hooked into it just yet, I think I’m 2 eps in only? Can’t remember, but the male lead looks meh to me, and the plot feels old? I heard many good things about it, but who knows! After all I couldn’t finish eternal love (not 3l3w), and that series is very popular!

49 minutes ago, rainnie98 said:

Ahhhh *screams internally cause I am at work* ZY's timing is so so perfect, and omg MQ's expression when he saw her is just gold! That mix of absolute relief and adoration just went right through my heart! Kudos to Xu Kai for nailing this :heart:

Agree on this. XuKai nails it ever time when memories of ZY comes to the front line. I can name some of my favorite reaction of him:

1st time: When ZY return in ZY’s body and frist met MQ. She tried to kill him, but he is too strong  for her. She had to resort to giving up and end up using a memorable technique she taught MQ. The memories of ZY starts flooding in and he gave such a  shock expression. 

2nd time: when ZY returns back to her tomb, which enrage MQ. She had to use ZY again stating she wants to come back for revenge. MQ turns around and gave a very sad face. 

3rd time: When MQ realize ZY was indeed using ZY’s body.

4th time: When MQ goes and assist/save ZY during the resurrection and realized ZY is finally back.

5th time: when ZY finally returns to him (which will be feature this week). 

I am positive there are more to come as

we have seen that ZY will be gone again.

May I also add that I love it that our girl ZY returns back all on her own to MoQing despite MoQing going crazy trying to find her.

Thank you @DontEatMyKimchi for

the translation and sharing. I nearly lost it when ZY appears. I though ZY would returns only to find that MQ was taken away and she’ll have To go save him, but I guess it’s that not where it’s going.

7 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Exactly how did he see the difference when she fight with northern leader? Because the way she used her internal force? I know the drama highlighted he saw her at that moment, but I always wondering what exactly trigger it.

Wait, she’s the one that propose???? Lol gotta see this!

Here’s an article on this question http://www.shangc.net/question/7628.html 

It’s in Chinese, so I’ll give a try at translating it

When did Li Chen Lan recognise Lu Zhao Yao?

Li Chen Yan recognised that Lu Zhao Yao had replaced Qin Zhi Yan when she was fighting against Yuan Jie and was trying to stop a fatal martial arts move from him. Actually from the beginning, Li Chen Lan had suspected and questioned what relationship Qin Zhi Yan had to Lu Zhao Yao. There was no evidence, until he witnessed Lu Zhao Yao use her own martial arts technique. He finally had proof that the thoughts in his heart were true. Li Chen Lan now knew that in the evenings, Qin Zhi Yan became Lu Zhao Yao.

After  Lu Zhao Yao swallowed the Kong Kong Pill, due to a side effect it caused her to become transparent during the daytime. Only during the night could she show her true form, but she could only appear in front of others with Qin Zhi Yan’s face. So in the eyes of others,she was still Qin Zhi Yan. But only, Li Chen Lan knew that Lu Zhao Yao was using Qin Zhi Yan’s identity to stay beside him in the evenings.

Although Li Chen Lan did not understand the reason why,he immediately understood that he only wanted Li Zhao Yao to return (no matter what form she took). He did not want to investigate the reason why he did not care that he saw the face of Qin Zhi Yan, only the soul of Lu Zhao Yao mattered. Li Chen Lan already had feelings towards Lu Zhao Yao so he made allowances and showed more emotions in front of her. He recognised that both sides acted more lovingly to each other. 

However, it was only after Lu Zhao Yao regained her body and original appearance, that she finally could openly be together with Li Chen Lan. Li Chen Lan had always stayed silently besides Lu Zhao Yao to guard and protect her. He finally was able to part the clouds to reveal the moonlight and could take care of Lu Zhao Yao in this lifetime. In the end he was able to get a successful happy ending.

Note: there are other article available on http://www.shangc.net/topic/3774 if anyone else wants to translate. If you try using Google translate, you’ll get hilarious results sometimes  and no results at all if the phrase is particularly difficult.

C6-FCE303-A85-B-42-B1-BD60-9-D8-D038-E93

Is there a scene from the novel where ZY and MQ discuss 'The Night'? :lol: I would love to see that scene in the drama, too...maybe it would also confirm whether or not they did it! 

Also - BL and XK's height difference makes them even more adorable on-screen, sigh

@Alila Nguyen Legend of Yunxi is really good, I think you would need to get past the first few episodes and then it really picks up. The plot might seem like it's old with a unloved scarred daughter with mean stepmother and stepsister but that's only the preface. The plot in whole isn't focused on that, give it a try, I recommend it. Which eternal love are you referring to? The one with Yang Mi?

Archived