[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

I squeal so hard watching the previews. Today’s episodes were disappointing. One question is: how did everyone know about QQX taking ZY body and the ice cave? ZY hasn’t told MQ about it yet...:lol:

• LOL 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In ep 25    

Here’s a recap for ep 32

Watched all three versions and now I am mad! WHYYY DID THE DRAMA TAKE AWAY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND ANTICIPATED DIALOGUE FOR THIS SCENE???? There are 2 times that this couple was met with 'life and deat

I was following @DontEatMyKimchi suggestion last night by watching the preview instead of the real episodes :sweat_smile:. Found this weibo link that the posters seem to upload all those preview. Well, since last week was also more or less like this (disappointment on Monday episodes) so perhaps my tolerance is upped right now.

Wake up early this morning and checking out episode 33 and 34. The episodes actually are quite okay, if only we are not that thirsty of our main couple lovey dovey moment. Perhaps if we watched this drama when it has already ended, we would not even commenting about these two episodes.

2 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

BaiLu can act much better than YangMi and Xukai's devotion act is beyond DengLun. Moreover, the kiss scenes are legendary tier!

Mark Zhao was succeeded making Three Miles Peach Blossom more about Ye Hua than about Bai Qian in my opinion (which perhaps was the cause I don't really mind Yang Mi acting there). Ashes of Love ..... sigh. Even until today I am still standing on my opinion that Yang Zhi was not up to par when she needed to express Jin Mi devastated feeling after killing Xu Feng. And Xu Feng was a character suffered from under-development. Not to mention Deng Lun interpretation of Xu Feng was not my cup of tea.

But yes, I agree both drama have superb post-production and editing. I could not find any flaw within.

Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan kissing scenes are all WOW in my opinion :heart:. You can feel the love, the passion, the longing.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
13 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Xu Kai will also be starring in another Xian Xia drama called “Once Upon a Time, There Was a Spirit Blade Mountain https://mydramalist.com/33252-once-upon-a-time-there-was-a-spirit-blade-mountain

A story that follows Wang Lu, a young genius, who enters the Spirit Blade Sect and embarks on an unconventional journey towards immortal cultivation.

The Spirit Blade Sect was established in the year 4233. Through years of producing martial arts prodigies, it has been hailed as one of the five great sects. As the nine continents face a crisis, a genius by the name of Wang Lu joins the Spirit Blade Sect and comes under the tutelage Wang Wu.

Despite Wang Wu's beauty, she is hundreds of years in age. Famous for having a sharp tongue and an erratic temper, she and her disciple Wang Lu engage in endless squabbles while trudging on a path to becoming the strongest sage in all the lands. 

(Source: ChineseDrama.info)

Hmmmm, the synopsis sounds like Xu Kai’s character might be in love with his female Shifu.... Just like Yang Guo in Romance of The Condor Heroes. He got Zhao Yao’s line on his forehead again (ha ha) 

185-CD2-DB-D079-451-B-A8-FC-54-BE37921-B

AC45-BBD2-E25-D-41-F0-B3-CA-A2-E99526-C8

Wow, that drama sounds like it's going to great! Any idea when it's supposed to air?

"Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan kissing scenes are all WOW in my opinion . You can feel the love, the passion, the longing."

yes... that what I feel too when I watch this.

I feel their love.. flirting and longing...

and.. i would like to see them play together as couple.. love their pairing..m

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I am confused. How do other people see ZY? Was she able to get back to her body and became alive again? Did I miss that part? 

The point of her 'bath' was to remove the traces of xhi zhi di. I guess the invisibility obtained from the kong kong pill was also washed out. But they didnt explain how she got her own (ZY) FACE back instead of keeping Zhi Yan's face. Well I guess she bathed in a magical pool. 

6d40f7f4ly1g0ztusv2r4g20e105znpg.gif

493145226e2f49d9ac843037fa10ceb1.jpg

full res.

OST- QQ music // XiaMi

Bai Lu's promo video 3/12

Spoiler

006pY5zNgy1g0zy4zwtkaj30lv2cyajq.jpg

006pY5zNgy1g0zy50g0cbj30lz2gs117.jpg

"Clan Leader, did you forget he took your WEN JUN sword and your position?" N

"MY LOVER has every right to share my everything" ZY

Its official, goodbye to the 'my future wife attempts to kill me everyday' arc. ZY Just announce her ownership over MQ. :heart:

tumblr_po3cg59cFs1uh502ho1_540.gif

6d40f7f4ly1g0yu5r2d9vg20co05jx6t.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_po8ovy9B1S1u1iqoao1_500.gif

his dot came back :dizzy: 

"im hungry i want bread." 

"there only a couple more km(?) before we reach out destination" 

"cant walk anymore"

"then have some" 

(look at that smile- doting husband runner up) :blush:

Calculated screen time (by iqiyi)

Spoiler

IQIYI mobile app has special function, where you can, "只看ta", only see his/her scenes.

4e08effagy1g0zsx3zs74j21t00u0dlf.jpg

ep 34

• Xukai 4:51
  • XK & Bai Lu 0:33
  • BL 0:42

4e08effagy1g0zsx4fc82j21t00u07ab.jpg

ep 33

• BL 7:17
  • XK 2:01 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

The point of her 'bath' was to remove the traces of xhi zhi di. I guess the invisibility obtained from the kong kong pill was also washed out. But they didnt explain how she got her own (ZY) FACE back instead of keeping Zhi Yan's face. Well I guess she bathed in a magical pool. 

(Basically what @DontEatMyKimchi said lol)

When she first resurrected by QZY, she has her body back already (she was out during the day) but with QZY’s face. There was a blood bond between the two of them. Then the kong kong pill made her invisible, however, we have to remember the kong kong pill is from a ghost town (or a town that people has passed the death gate but manage to come back), and if you consume too much food and drink from the ghost town, you become a ghost. Think of it as Yin and Yang (Yin - positive/life? And yang - negative/dead). So that’s why she like half dead after eating that pill, make her ghost like in the day lol (totally guessing this lol!). Then she kept going back, drinking tea, and finally another pill. That push her to be more ghostly/more dead than when she started, hence she couldn’t leave the town. The bath cleanse her blood of the yang effect, and possibly all magical effects/binding on her body, and that’s also removed her blood bond with QZY. However, why is it that the scar on her forehead only appear now? Idk, I guess it to show the difference between the form so people don’t get confused? Lol

also the old guy telling the story is because of Jiang Wu, remember the last time he appeared, he wanted to know how people will react when they find out QQX has human desires. So this is his doing, also he’s the only one know about it apart from QQX, not even ZY knows about it until after she learnt of her past from the mirror after one night of passion.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@DontEatMyKimchi In regards to the drama Arsenal Military Academy, from an interview of the cast, Bai Lu said she got her hair cut just for the role. Kind of sad to see her long hair gone but she looks really cool in that hairstyle too. I'm really amazed at her devotion to her roles, makes me proud as a fan. She also stated afterwards she kept a hat on and refused to look at her haircut because she didn't want to face the fact that she really cut her hair. Bai Lu said she bought a wig some time afterwards to wear when she goes out. The rest of the cast said they were so used to her short hairstyle that they can't get used to seeing her with long hair lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, tenten0227 said:

@DontEatMyKimchi In regards to the drama Arsenal Military Academy, from an interview of the cast, Bai Lu said she got her hair cut just for the role. Kind of sad to see her long hair gone but she looks really cool in that hairstyle too. I'm really amazed at her devotion to her roles, makes me proud as a fan. She also stated afterwards she kept a hat on and refused to look at her haircut because she didn't want to face the fact that she really cut her hair. Bai Lu said she bought a wig some time afterwards to wear when she goes out. The rest of the cast said they were so used to her short hairstyle that they can't get used to seeing her with long hair lol. 

Uhm, has that drama finished filming? That could explain her current hair style. I saw a few interviews/promotions she did for the legends, and her hairstyle isn’t the best, that explain it. Possibly a combination of growing out her hair and wigs/extention. Poor girl, I don’t think all girl should have long hair to look good, but if you have a style that work for you and your face, and you have to sacrifice it for work, you still feel pretty uncomfortable afterwards.

on another note, I do love Xu Kai’s hairstyle in that series lol! He rocks that style quite well. That period isn’t my cup of tea (I blame too many Taiwanese dramas back then about that period, then cdrama, not to mention 80% of drama in that period has horrible ending >_>) but after that pic, I’m willing to give it a try lol. Not too sure I like the new hairstyle for MQ for the new arc though, it’s a lighter blue instead of a deep blue, and with two loose strands of hairs to the side instead of side braids. I know it try to show he’s transforming to something more maddening, but still, I like the old hair better lol xD

• Like 5

MQ's face when they're talking about the necklace and "that night"!! So bashful. Also, I think they showed an extra scene in the flashback - MQ's grabbing her shoulder during the kiss, I don't remember that part - and I've trolled the land far and wide for as many versions of that scene ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

tumblr_po8ovy9B1S1u1iqoao1_500.gif

his dot came back  

"im hungry i want bread." 

"there only a couple more km(?) before we reach out destination" 

"cant walk anymore"

"then have some" 

(look at that smile- doting husband runner up) 

>>> How come the dot on QQX head comeback? i thought dissappear ??? so he back to saint again?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
29 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Hey all... is this any good?

Too many pages of discussion already so I'll thought to check if it's worth watching?

100% recommended xD it’s a refreshing story, I haven’t seen one like this at all xD

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Too many pages of discussion already so I'll thought to check if it's worth watching?

Highly recommended :wub: ... Camera-angle-wise, Mo Qing's kissing is better than Wuji's :P

** back to lurking mode **

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Trailer for new coming series bai lu and xu kai

Ok, now I'm interested to watch it! XuKai is hot af indeed and Bailu seems to totally rock the role as a man as well.

Yeah, I'm gonna give it a try.:D

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

It is most definitely worth watching!

The editing is horrible lacking, but other than that - it's near perfection! So fun & refreshing! :wub:

Also, guys!  Ep 9 is up & subbed on PP's blog! :heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇