[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

Ep 38 when MQ found out about the husband and then I assume ordered the sect to do good deeds so as to get rid of the husband...so funny to watch  :joy:

P.S. 37-38 raw is up on mimax ;)

It's so funny that ZY is so indignant that MQ is so rich compared to her in Xi Zhi Di, she expects him to be just as poor as her (probably since as Wan Lu Men's sect leader she thought he must have done more bad things than good things like her):D. MQ being the sweetie he is ordered everyone to cast aside their current duties and do good things not only in Cao Ning the scholar's name, but also ZY, which is why she became rich the next time she went there!

14 minutes ago, rainnie98 said:

It's so funny that ZY is so indignant that MQ is so rich compared to her in Xi Zhi Di, she expects him to be just as poor as her (probably since as Wan Lu Men's sect leader she thought he must have done more bad things than good things like her):D. MQ being the sweetie he is ordered everyone to cast aside their current duties and do good things not only in Cao Ning the scholar's name, but also ZY, which is why she became rich the next time she went there!

lololololol ZY should've insisted that what's MQ's should also be hers XD

I laughed at how ZY is like: “no divorce paper??” And MQ is like: “you are now a widow! Who are you gonna divorced from?”  (angrily stomping off, probably because now he has to deal with the fact that she was someone else’s in record :joy:, at least with the divorce from her, it mean she denies her husband/the marriage :joy: poor our puppy, want ZY to himself in every way :joy:) ZY: “drank 2 pills make me a widow -.-“. our heroine is pretty awesome, “I looked at you the whole night, and we “gave birth” to a son?!” And now “I drank 2 pills and it makes me a widow!”. Her innocent actions always have dire consequences that kill a woman’s “traditional reputation” (idk how else to describe it lol :joy:). 

Hello everyone! I’ve been stalking this thread since episode 1. Understanding only 1% of the language, this thread has become my lifesaver after each episode.

Thank you all so much for the updates, translations, beautiful gifs and images. Special mentions @frostflower14

@DontEatMyKimchi 

@Alila Nguyen

Your reviews makes me understand some of the profound words spoken between LZY and MQ. 

Thank you!!:wub:

Drink 2 Kong Kong pil not only cause her as a widow.. also she need to explode 5 times.. lol..

I laughed at how ZY is like: “no divorce paper??” And MQ is like: “you are now a widow! Who are you gonna divorced from?”  (angrily stomping off, probably because now he has to deal with the fact that she was someone else’s in record , at least with the divorce from her, it mean she denies her husband/the marriage  poor our puppy, want ZY to himself in every way ) ZY: “drank 2 pills make me a widow -.-“. our heroine is pretty awesome, “I looked at you the whole night, and we “gave birth” to a son?!” And now “I drank 2 pills and it makes me a widow!”. Her innocent actions always have dire consequences that kill a woman’s “traditional reputation” (idk how else to describe it lol )

8 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

I haven’t seen ep 38 yet but in the preview clip,Mo Qing is angry that Zhao Yao sold herself for a Kong Kong pill, but in the end he did ask her how could he make her as rich as a nations treasury????:joy:

I laughed at this part too, ZY was so cute here. Actually this show does well with all the humor. I find the part where MQ orders everyone in the sect to do good deeds in such as serious manner and then the an luo wei's subsequent reactions to be amusing!

Spoiler

Random An Luo Wei: Captain, why are you so calm?

A Da: Calm? The thoughts of the sect leader are not something that normal people can understand. I m already used to it. Whatever Sect Leader orders, we just need to do it (basically at this point, A Da has completely given up on attempting to understand MQ and all the weird stuff and realise it is best to just go with the flow, lol)

Random An Luo Wei: Then how are we going to do these good deeds?

A Da: Come, let's go and ask Miss Zhi Yan

cr:https://cfen.si/2019/03/11/the-legends-stills-of-xu-kai-as-moqing/:heart::love::wub::kiss_wink:

The Legends stills of Xu Kai as Moqing

007dupiqly1g0prg44iuzj32bc12g4qq-1.jpg?w=584&h=269

” I want to protect Lu Zhaoyao, but also protect the earth and world that she loves” –  Moqing

Here is a new set of stills of Xu Kai as Li Chenlan / Moqing, the youth prophecied for wickedness who spent his life fulfilling the female lead’s visions of good. He’s very perfect person.

The Legends 招摇 is based on the book of the same name by Jiu Lu Fei Xiang and directed by Steven Cheng. It’s available on Youtube here and airs two episodes every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

6d40f7f4ly1fziw2su10ug20cc05mhdv.gif?w=3

Baby Moqing is such a sweetheart.

007dupiqly1g0pre3o72pj32bc12gqv6.jpg?w=5007dupiqly1g0prg5aaijj32bc12g4qq.jpg?w=5

007dupiqly1g0prgp5zfcj32bc12g1ky.jpg?w=5

“She’s my only weakness, and the only reason for my strength.”

007dupiqly1g0prg4j2lbj32bc12g7fm.jpg?w=5

007dupiqly1g0pretpedij32bc12gkjm.jpg?w=5 007dupiqly1g0prez4h5yj32bc12g1ky.jpg?w=5007dupiqly1g0prgs5gn8j32bc12ghdu.jpg?w=5007dupiqly1g0prek08rmj32bc12g4qq.jpg?w=5

007dupiqly1g0tkcp9ozpj37nl3a4e89.jpg?w=5

“If you attack I’m your sword, if you retreat I’m your shield.” –  10/10 pick-up line. Would fall for

@pad-hari Oh my God...yes! Such beautiful pic of Xu Cai.

I die when he smiles and come back to life again when he broods...*sigh*

He's such a hottie!

I actually adore the two main leads dynamic.

I love how patient he is with her and to think  he's the son of the Demon King.

And I love how she was the one to corrupt him when she seduced him...hahaha!

I have a question: what the shop owner say what happens when she explodes for the 5th time? I love the main leads courting but I”’ sad about the departure of Ling Cang and Zhi Yan. Feel so bad for her...love him but can’t be together. Sigh. It was doomed from the day his father killed her father, although he was controlled but there’s no turning back...I guess. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:06 AM, Radafl said:

The scene at the night market from ep 36 that was cut in the web version :D : 

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:4349572399481931

How can they cut that scene and have it in the ending credit? LOL...postproduction is not good. Even the flashback when she comes out of the tree, it’s daylight when it’s supposed to be dark. Another when they come out of the tree at Sima Ring place, there was no CGI. I thought producer are supposed to overlook the editing as well?:crazy:

On 3/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, fancia said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If they follow the novel, that guy is like QQX, the one who give birth to MoQing; and MoQing is like JW, MQ is that guy's XinMo (triggered to become easily suspicious). After that guy give birth to MoQing, he straight away sealed MoQing and told his wife to guard him and killed him if necessary; after that he went outside and being killed by his enemies (The heaven deemed him to be qualified to become immortal because he get rid of his XinMo, sealed him and save the world). Fortunately, when MoQing is sealed, his demon power slowly being absorbed by his surrounding (that's why there's no human or plant could live inside that mountain) until he became just like ordinary pure child.

The wife several times wanted to kill MoQing but seeing his pure child side, she couldn't do it and began to see him as her/his real child and died protecting him (when she met with her husband in afterlife world, she scolded him why he gave someone who become so much like their own child to her; until she really regarded MoQing as their child and she can't kill him). ZhaoYao actually met and helped MoQing during this time, MoQing mourning beside his dead mom body while being chased by Immortal/righteous sect. The one who aware of MoQing real form is JW, and before JW death, he activated the XinMo inside MoQing that was supposed to have been absorbed when he was sealed. After that, MoQing become more prone to be suspicious and more and more cruel to his subordinates.   

In the tv drama, that guy might be his real dad and he sealed his XinMo inside his child MoQing.

If I remember correctly, when MQ enter Qi Zhi Di, the person he asked for the direction to the shop was the old man. As soon as MQ left, he turned back to look at him as if he’s familiar. So in the novel, he’s immortal but in the drama, he’s in Qi Zhi Di, he’s not immortal? Another question, Zhao Yao said people who experienced near death can enter the place, but are those people living in there, are they dead? Like some weren’t dead but got used to it and stayed there, are they dead then? Or what are they then?

5 hours ago, Vang Xiong said:

I have a question: what the shop owner say what happens when she explodes for the 5th time? I love the main leads courting but I”’ sad about the departure of Ling Cang and Zhi Yan. Feel so bad for her...love him but can’t be together. Sigh. It was doomed from the day his father killed her father, although he was controlled but there’s no turning back...I guess. 

The shop owner said, then you will get kowtowed to by ten thousand people. In human speak, that means she dies!

@Vang Xiong the shop owner said “she will have millions greet her” i.e dead lol (like at funeral, many turn up)

yea, I’m sad to not see that scene :( it’s like our lead’s first valentine officially together and they did that??? No other drama I know cut such important scene: the flower lower to the river part >_>

Regarding the dad, he is the person MQ asked for direction in the ghost market, I’m not sure about whether he’s an immortal or not, however, at the beginning of the drama, his dad went to “combination 6” island (the island where later on MQ went to get the sword for ZY), and that’s where he’s vanished. So I think he wanted to get the sword to get rid of the xinmo inside MQ, but fail at the trials (this is also foreshadowing the future event, that the sword will kill MQ). When you die, but don’t have enough cultivation (good deeds) to move on to the next life (fat dude that ZY married to), you stay in the ghost market to earn more money (since money = good deeds, and when you have enough, you move on (that’s why the fat dude move on lol).

the people who live in the ghost market are the one I would say in limbo? They are dead but not moving on. The people who has a brush with dead can enter the market, but since they don’t give out the rules, those possibly don’t know that by drinking, being in there, or eating stuff from there making them more dead, than alive, until they can’t get out of the market, slowly forget who they are, where are they from, and just do what everyone around them do, try to get richer and move on (the case of our helpful little brother that always explain to ZY about QZD).

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Aargh. Just started and currently watching episode 5.

The editing........ :expressionless:

How did that Ming Xuan become comatose?

Did I miss it somewhere or it's really not explained at all?

Keep watching lol, you didn’t miss anything xD it will explain a bit later

00738DEHly1g11fmcs4neg30ik0c7b2b.jpg

Someone had asked why XuKai hit Bailu here. The reason was that, BaiLu's Zhao Yao is gravely weak, but she react a little too fast. So XuKai hits her warming her that  "You move quickly won't do."  To me, he actually is very attentive to his and BaiLu's character. He keeps tap of both of them here. I quite like his and her acting on this scene. Well, to be honest, both of their chemistry are quite possibly one of the best I've seem. 

Archived