[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

Reading the novel from Li Chen Lan POV really cuts to your heart. It is no wonder why he was so calm facing the fact that Zhao Yao tried to kill him multiple times. He was already that exhausted with his life without Zhao Yao, akin to someone waiting for death :cry:. In his perspective his life was given by Zhao Yao so it is fitting if he gives it back to her.

In this second part of Li Chen Lan POV, we get a glimpse of how really close Li Chen Lan with Sima Rong. In his lonely years when Zhao Yao so hellbent in killing Luo Ming Xuan, it was comforting that he got a martial brother like Sima Rong. Now, if only we can get some background about Li Chen Lan and Gu Han Guang relationship.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Xu Kai will also be starring in another Xian Xia drama called “Once Upon a Time, There Was a Spirit Blade Mountain https://mydramalist.com/33252-once-upon-a-time-there-was-a-spirit-blade-mountain

A story that follows Wang Lu, a young genius, who enters the Spirit Blade Sect and embarks on an unconventional journey towards immortal cultivation.

The Spirit Blade Sect was established in the year 4233. Through years of producing martial arts prodigies, it has been hailed as one of the five great sects. As the nine continents face a crisis, a genius by the name of Wang Lu joins the Spirit Blade Sect and comes under the tutelage Wang Wu.

Despite Wang Wu's beauty, she is hundreds of years in age. Famous for having a sharp tongue and an erratic temper, she and her disciple Wang Lu engage in endless squabbles while trudging on a path to becoming the strongest sage in all the lands. 

(Source: ChineseDrama.info)

Hmmmm, the synopsis sounds like Xu Kai’s character might be in love with his female Shifu.... Just like Yang Guo in Romance of The Condor Heroes. He got Zhao Yao’s line on his forehead again (ha ha)

185-CD2-DB-D079-451-B-A8-FC-54-BE37921-B

AC45-BBD2-E25-D-41-F0-B3-CA-A2-E99526-C8

My problem with this drama is when I saw the YouTube of it, the female lead looks like his mother :/ in the poster, she looks young and fine, but in video, when she stands next to him, she can be his mother and I would believe it :/ I love YQ and XLN, they are my favourite wuxia couple since I was like 15! However, XLN has always been youthful looking, even after 16 years, she still retains her beauty and youthful look. Sooo this one will be a bit harder for me to shallow, but I will wait until I see the actual drama as the photoshop might make it better?

Spoiler

ep 33

10:30. 

ZY STILL HASNT entered the pool let alone MQ using the 9search skill -.-

Looks like the reunion kiss scene is going to be next ep :triumph:

I am very  amaze at this drama's ability to drag the plot

10:40.

MQ & ZY are forgotten again:expressionless: 15mins left before next ep..

South's flashback. AWW he cried,

10:50. 

SHJ destroyed her own martial skill to stop her poison.

EVEN LMX gets his own screen time. WHERE IS ZY AND MQ?? WHY HAVENT THEY STARTED POOL/SKILL YET?

LMQ mets the divine sect Jiang doctor and flashback with him and liu su rou. 

:rage:

WHERE IS MY COUPLE?

10:55 Liu & Luo's dying moments

10:57

ZY cuts her wrist. 

oh wats that? There's 3 more mins until the ep ends. -.- 

10:58

MQ in position 

start the ep countdown.

AGAIN! half of the preview is flashbacks. 

-back in 10mins-

So what have we learned this ep? 

Zhi Yan realizes the consequence of her impulsive behaviour 

WEST's sad story 

LMX is still a jerk 

Mq and Zy are is most underrated main characters. :sweat:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ep 34

"MQ wait for me" 

"ZY wait for me" 

"I CANT WAIT!" 

Spoiler

ZY enters pool. 

MQ FAILS his first round of searching. Did not find ZY.

Lin Zhi Yu and Yuan Jie North escapes prison.

LMX is such a selfish jerk. ZY's seal has seep deep in his bones. Jiang Doc cant fix that. 

Oh angels, I see where this going. Jiang previously gave a newly cultivated medicine to south, which south used to heal MQ. This same medicine could be use to heal LMX and fix the hereditary curse of Jiang. Jiang choses himself over LMX. I hope that means the medicine is already in his stomach, or else LMX will probably find it. 

coup d'etat commences. Kiss will probably happen at the last few minutes of the ep :expressionless:

I get now. MQ and ZY only appears during the first 5 mins of the ep and the last 5 mins. 

11:36. they disappear off the screen. again. 

11:41. It's official. Liu cang ling and Qin Zhi Yan has more screen than our main couple. 

11:42 Cut to ah Da. "its a coup e'tat'

11:42. Cut back to Liu and Qin :rage:

How many more minutes until the ep ends? like 5? 

ZY still hasnt gotten out of the pool. North has not yet enter the place where MQ is.

Sorry im out. Im going to watch the previews.

52e3e54cly1g0z9wtx290j20ot0otgox.jpg

help me up. I have to find my wife for another ep.

tumblr_po7fwqaNeK1u1iqoao3_r2_500.gif

I SUGGEST watching the previews instead of episodes. TRUST ME YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. 

You guys are lucky.. I’m waiting for mine. Usually around this time, it’s iploaded on another Chinese site but it’s not up yet. YouTube has been 2 hours late in uploading new episodes:angry: 

doesn’t it seem like in this drama, every characters are devoted lovers? LCL to ZY, SMR to whatever her name is again, the south leader to that sect girl, QZY to CL, etc. cute though...

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I know I know this is a sad moment, but i cant help but to laugh at GHG and SHJ. 

EVEN LMX gets his own screen time. WHERE IS ZY AND MQ?? WHY HAVENT THEY STARTED POOL/SKILL YET?

WHERE IS MY COUPLE?

10:55 Liu: you are my husband dies. LOL LMX looks like a burnt chicken. Yes yes go find ZY, I want to see her too. 

ZY cuts her wrist. 

oh wats that? There 3 more mins until the ep ends. -.- 

MQ in position 

start the ep countdown.

-back in 10mins-

WEST's sad story 

LMX is still a jerk 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ep 33

"MQ wait for me" 

"ZY wait for me" 

"I CANT WAIT!" 

Reveal hidden contents

ZY enters pool. 

LMX is such a selfish jerk. ZY's seal has seep deep in his bones. Jiang Doc cant fix that. 

Oh angels, I see where this going. Jiang previously gave a newly cultivated medicine to south, which south used to heal MQ. This same medicine could be use to heal LMX and fix the hereditary curse of Jiang. Jiang choses himself over LMX. I hope that means the medicine is already in his stomach, or else LMX will probably find it. 

coup e'tat commences. Kiss will probably happen at the last few minutes of the ep :expressionless:

I get now. MQ and ZY only appears during the first 5 mins of the ep and the last 5 mins. 

11:41. It's official. Liu cang ling and Qin Zhi Yan has more screen than our main couple. 

ZY still hasnt gotten out of the pool. North has not yet enter the place where MQ is.

I SUGGEST watching the previews instead of episode. TRUST ME YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. 

I wanted to wait for the episodes, but omg i m so sleepy. But based on your comments, it seems the scenes i desperately wanted to see are not even in tonight's episodes. Guess I will go nap and watch it early morning :sleepy:

Edit: Oh thanks for sharing the preview! ^_^

Spoiler

The preview are full of all our long-awaited scenes! It looks like other than the hot kiss, I m so happy it seems we get to see a super jealous MQ in the second preview as the crowd are insinuating that QQX may have done something "improper" to ZY while she was in the ice. 

2 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

I SUGGEST watching the previews instead of episodes. TRUST ME YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. 

To be honest, everything different today would have surprised me since this director seems to love to torment us.

And the kiss looks awesome. Incredible natural and one of the very few in this industry who are good. I have seens well known clouples who kissed awkward compared to this. No wonder there are a lot rumors :lol:.

Hide contents

I know I know this is a sad moment, but i cant help but to laugh at GHG and SHJ. 

WHERE IS MY COUPLE?

10:55 Liu: you are my husband dies. LOL LMX looks like a burnt chicken. Yes yes go find ZY, I want to see her too. 

ZY cuts her wrist. 

oh wats that? There 3 more mins until the ep ends. -.- 

MQ in position 

start the ep countdown.

-back in 10mins-

WEST's sad story 

LMX is still a jerk 

Ep 33

"MQ wait for me" 

"ZY wait for me" 

"I CANT WAIT!" 

Hide contents

ZY enters pool. 

coup e'tat commences. Kiss will probably happen at the last few minutes of the ep :expressionless:

I am so mad right now! How can the MAIN LEAD COUPLE get less 5 minutes screen time!? FOR TWO FREAKING EPISODES IN A ROW!!!! :weary: :rage:

You're, right, it's better to just watch previews

Web preview 2  (Copy above link into Converter--> dont 'save as', just click on the link if dont want to download (PS. Can someone tell if this trick actually works?))

Rough translation 

Spoiler

0:0 

ZY: You gave me the necklace for the first time that NIGHT and once again today. What is this? Is it something very important? 

tumblr_inline_po7qvjyMOy1t3sjn4_540.png

:06

MQ. You know about it (now)? // You found out about it? 

tumblr_inline_po7qvi6UKX1t3sjn4_540.png

:12 ZY 

Ehm. 

I recalled some past memories during my time at Xhi zi di. 

Tell me what this is first, why must I wear it?

tumblr_inline_po7qw3ZPTD1t3sjn4_540.png

.20 MQ

(I pretty sure there is a better and more epic name)

Eavesdrop on the heart. // heart monitor 

.20 ZY 

heart monitor? 

.22MQ

I had it with me since my childhood yet not know of use. I wanted to give you something but I dont have anything else that belongs to me other than this. I found out the meaning of its name 'heart monitor' afterwards.

tumblr_inline_po7qwc2BXl1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_po7qwh1nq61t3sjn4_540.png

.39 ZY

Y (that name)? (more like "what's the meaning" in english) 

.39 MQ 

Because it ....can hear.... the thoughts of your heart. 

.46 ZY

ah?

.46MQ

It allows me to SEE you at any time and any place. :ph34r:

.54 ZY 

little hideous. I didnt know [you were such a perv] 

tumblr_inline_po7qvl2ZIh1t3sjn4_540.png

.55 MQ 

No I.... only knew of its function after I gave it to you. 

I felt awkward too. 

tumblr_inline_po7r40l9lL1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_po7r413GHX1t3sjn4_540.png

1.03 ZY

Awkward? 

Then why didnt you take it back? 

tumblr_inline_po7qw6GKej1t3sjn4_540.png

1.06 MQ

I did want to take it back BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO SAY TO YOU. How am I to explain the process of how the necklace ended up on your neck?? 

tumblr_inline_po7qw5sPFA1t3sjn4_540.png

1.09 ZY

Just be honest.... 

SEEE WHAT I MEAN! THEY FORGOT IT HAPPENED DURING THE NIGHTTIME!!!

tumblr_inline_po7qvpLN7Z1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_po7qwnucJB1t3sjn4_540.png

1.22 ZY 

(being honest.... ) mm...would be hard //  right... saying it out loud is hard

Storyteller basically told the audience QQX was a pervert. QQX  locked ZY up in an ice cave and renderes her unable to move. While he would 'study' her. :joy::joy:

listener: [cant judge someone by the cover. Gentleman at day and dirty old man at night.] I wonder if QQX did anything to ZZY

(HAHA! There goes his title as a 'saint'. Is this want Jiang Wu wanted? )

Zhi Yan

HOW CAN THEY SAY THAT ABOUT MY BIG UNCLE

1.56 MQ

It was QQX that took your body away? AND HID IT?

(MQ's body language: So thats the reason why i can't find your body after all this time? because some other man took it away from me?? Is this how it is?  HAHAHA)

tumblr_inline_po7qwgOZ781t3sjn4_540.png

2.03 ZY

(trying to change the topic, girl you are screwed either way. :joy:

Why am I always the gossip of the day? And I dont look cool at all in the tale.

tumblr_inline_po7qwecdRF1t3sjn4_540.png

I watched EP33 and I can't agree with you guys, I really liked it. EP34 was boring but because I don't care the tiniest bit for these characters. Whip girl is getting on my nerves. She doesn't have a reason besides she want MQ for herself? Even LMX is a character who isn't really evil by design. He can truly feel love and he thinks he is doing it for a greater good. I love this Drama so much BECAUSE they gave almost all characters their own story. As cute ZH & MQ are, the lovestory alone is too little to fill that much episodes. 

1 hour ago, Cathy Tran said:

I dont get it what  is (姜武) Jiang Wu background The relationship  between QQX and Lu Zhao Yao? in trailer QQX want to talk to Zhao Yao about Jiang Wu!!

Trailer next episodes 

This is going to be a terrible explanation but I'm going to try. 

Basically Jiang Wu is a manifestation of QQX's obsession for LZY which he got rid of it (from his heart per se) when they were in the ice cave, the drama calls it a xin mo 心魔. Though QQX didn't know that it would take shape itself and kill people to take human form thus becoming Jiang Wu. I have to say, that's a pretty strong obsession lol 

5 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Web preview 1

Web preview 2 (did they forget that the 'deed' was done at night? -.- TERRIBLE post production) 

TV preview 1

TV preview 2

Copy above link into Converter--> dont 'save as', just click on the link if dont want to download (PS. Can someone tell if this trick actually works?)

Hey now, they could have done it once at night, put clothes back on and do it again in the morning :lol::wub:  Or they did it all night long :lol::wub:

i knew they will bait us lol! Too good to be true if they ain’t trying to drag it out a little before all the lovey dovey stuffs :lol: woke up at 5am seems to pay off lol, no lag xD just no kiss xD but knowing it will definitely happen tonight make it all ok xD 

i gotta love how ZY react when she like you perv, when they talk about the heart monitor xD I think that was given to MQ to make sure he doesn’t do anything evil. Basically a camera on MQ, the second his heart/mind has evil thoughts, the dad will do something about it. It’s sad but at least now it can be used for a much better purpose :wub:

2 hours ago, Cathy Tran said:

I dont get it what  is (姜武) Jiang Wu background The relationship  between QQX and Lu Zhao Yao? in trailer QQX want to talk to Zhao Yao about Jiang Wu!!

Trailer next episodes 

awww, the awesome return of ZY at the right moment and superb kiss aside :wub:  - I just love how ZY stands beside MQ/LCL while he sits on the throne ^^ Those two are now a power couple :D

Unofficial BTS

unofficial bts 2

• MQ remember this. Even if the world falls apart, I absolutely wont  leave you behind again. Remember that. 

Random weibo photos from fans

Spoiler

0074PZNwly1g0zcaf95rgj30hs0v5jvj.jpg:cold_sweat:

81c1b5e0gy1g0y557l8vlj20ku0ip0wc.jpgMQ's father

006Do7GOgy1g0zc8sdz3tj30u01g7th8.jpg

006Do7GOgy1g0zc8tpsz4j30vj0u0te7.jpg

006fXyiAly1g0zbizizw4j30ng15o41p.jpg

cf9b5170ly1g0zamm8w5zj21vo7mhx6q.jpg

46053614gy1g0wl6646hzj20u01k0b2b.jpg

Circle 1. MQ is here

2. ZY enters 

3. Zy carrying jw's sword 

4. looks like LMX will die for real this time. 

46053614gy1g0wkvq9wuvj20u01o5e81.jpg

46053614gy1g0wl2x72mlj20u01mdhdx.jpg

I finally realized why ten miles of blossoms and heavy sweetness ash like frost are such population dramas because the efforts of both pre- and post-productions are so well balanced. Zhao Yao does not lose out in terms of the plot, it is a great story. BaiLu can act much better than YangMi and Xukai's devotion act is beyond DengLun. Moreover, the kiss scenes are legendary tier!

The onset drama production was never a problem. Great directing on the directors part and acting to ALL the characters. My complains are all directed towards the post production, particularly the editing. The drama is cut into bits and pieces that are scattered throughout which, in my opinion, disrupts the flow. The biggest problem is how the screen time distribution is handled. Building on to the back stories of the side characters is not an issue, but pushing away the main characters and replacing their screen time with unnecessary flashback is my concern. The flow, the pacing, and what not, once they are mishandled the drama seriously loses its attractiveness. Does the acting make up for it? Well, I certainly watching drama, initially because I am a fan of the novel  and now its due to Bailu and XuKai but an episode after another I am left with a bad aftertaste. 

IT TOOK 2 EPISODES FOR ZHAO YAO TO GET OUT OF BATH! DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?  The plot that was shown in the previews pretty much depicted 80% of the main character's screen time in the actual episode. 

From what I am reading on weibo, the fault lays in the hands of the TV channel- Mango TV as they are the ones in charge of the editing. They are reputed for ruining dramas. Whatever or whoever is to blame, there wont be changes made to the coming episode since this is a finished production. 

It's been 10hr since the airing of the Zhao Yao but #招摇配角戏份# is still tending as 35th place on weibo.

(#zhaoyaosidecharacters)

On a side note. 烈火军校  is not a movie, it's a drama of 50ep rumoured to come out in August of this year. 

Spoiler

Bailu, like mulan, is going to the military in place of her family member; her brother. 

Thus Bailu cross dresses in the drama. I get that she is a 'guy' but the hair styllllleeee. My beautiful Zhao Yao's hair style. :bawling:  Im sure there are other types of hair style she could have went for. 

80cb39dbb6fd5266adc15b76a618972bd50736ed

Looking forward to Xukai's character. From what I am getting, he is going to be the type of bastard that you want to strangle to death but cannot because he is sexy af. 

007iZ70Yly1g0vqrp7w4wj30g90logn9.jpg

Sadly if this was a novel, I would read it but the genre and time period of this drama is not my cup of tea. 

Throughout this drama it’s been hinted that Lin Zi Yu loves Mo Qing,but it will be better if they showed why exactly does she love him. Maybe he was nice to her when he was a guard or something.

I did find an article on her character motivations,so I’ll translate it later

Saw this on my Instagram and had to share it with you all. Their chemistry is so good, better than any other actors or actress I’ve seen. Anyhow this scene just melts my heart. The love they have for one another. ❤️

I squeal so hard watching the previews. Today’s episodes were disappointing. One question is: how did everyone know about QQX taking ZY body and the ice cave? ZY hasn’t told MQ about it yet...:lol:

I was following @DontEatMyKimchi suggestion last night by watching the preview instead of the real episodes :sweat_smile:. Found this weibo link that the posters seem to upload all those preview. Well, since last week was also more or less like this (disappointment on Monday episodes) so perhaps my tolerance is upped right now.

Wake up early this morning and checking out episode 33 and 34. The episodes actually are quite okay, if only we are not that thirsty of our main couple lovey dovey moment. Perhaps if we watched this drama when it has already ended, we would not even commenting about these two episodes.

BaiLu can act much better than YangMi and Xukai's devotion act is beyond DengLun. Moreover, the kiss scenes are legendary tier!

Mark Zhao was succeeded making Three Miles Peach Blossom more about Ye Hua than about Bai Qian in my opinion (which perhaps was the cause I don't really mind Yang Mi acting there). Ashes of Love ..... sigh. Even until today I am still standing on my opinion that Yang Zhi was not up to par when she needed to express Jin Mi devastated feeling after killing Xu Feng. And Xu Feng was a character suffered from under-development. Not to mention Deng Lun interpretation of Xu Feng was not my cup of tea.

But yes, I agree both drama have superb post-production and editing. I could not find any flaw within.

Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan kissing scenes are all WOW in my opinion :heart:. You can feel the love, the passion, the longing.

Archived