[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started this drama because of Xu Kai but now I'm also a fan of Bai Lu! They have great chemistry and made their characters believable, totally rooting for them! Is this drama popular in China? Hope to see more work from both in the future. 

Time to spot the difference.

Ep 23 Preview vs Actual Ep 23 (youtube/DVD) & TV ver.: change in dialogue. 

• Ep 23 Preview: 
Spoiler

tumblr_inline_pnjpw4h1gQ1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjpw3ailw1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjptj9xbA1t3sjn4_540.png

"Shifu, the expression you made just now looks like you came from Hell" 

tumblr_inline_pnjqxoO6Np1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjptiQumc1t3sjn4_540.png

"Shi fu"x1 

"his wounds hasn't fully healed yet"

• Youtube Ep 23 (clip shown at the VERY beginning of the ep) & DVD ver
  • Spoiler

tumblr_inline_pnjqkcY2O61t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjqkdEzPU1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjps4Rjpx1t3sjn4_540.png

“Shifu, the expression you made just now is different from your usual appearance”

____________________________________________________________________________

tumblr_inline_pnjqy9IXQq1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjqy84V7q1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjprq01Fc1t3sjn4_540.png

"Shi fu" x2

-end- :triumph:

• TV ver Ep 23
  • Spoiler

tumblr_inline_pnjs7keDaV1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjs7lwL8z1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjs7nDAhX1t3sjn4_540.png

-same as preview- 

____________________________________________________________________________

tumblr_inline_pnjs8y3tIj1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjs8uF4ya1t3sjn4_540.png

tumblr_inline_pnjs8wIanq1t3sjn4_540.png

-same as youtube- :triumph:

How come no one cares about Liu Wei?

Preview for tmr #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

BTS for the carriage rides

Watched all three versions and now I am mad! WHYYY DID THE DRAMA TAKE AWAY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND ANTICIPATED DIALOGUE FOR THIS SCENE???? There are 2 times that this couple was met with 'life and death' situations (before Zhao Yao regains her real body). The relic destroying scene being the 1st, and the revival of Luo Ming Xuan being the 2nd. 

tumblr_inline_pnjxq9I2pU1t3sjn4_540.png

SUPPOSEDLY, zhao yao SCREEEEAAAMMMED " MO QING!!" here. Then realized 'ah, i called by the wrong name' because that is a name only MQ and Zhao Yao knew, not zhi yan. 

tumblr_inline_pnjxp1e33G1t3sjn4_540.png

MQ heard his 'special name' being called, and dropped EVERYTHING to teleport to Zhao Yao. 

tumblr_inline_pnjxl3xa091t3sjn4_540.png

Here was SUPPOSED to be one of the most iconic scene because Mo Qing appeared in front of Zhao Yao and told her "我带你走”。 Just like the time ZY saved him from the divine sect. THE DRAMA WIPED OUT THE ENTIRE DIALOGUE! Was it that hard to just add a "Mo Qing" and a "I'll take you away". They certainly had no problem swapping dialogues as seen in my previous post. THEN WHY??? 

Mo qing fell for zhao yao from the day she told him  "我带你走”. 

Zhao Yao started falling for Mo Qing after he told her  "我带你走”. 

WHYY DRRAMMMA WHHYY?? 

tumblr_inline_pnjzbvWucr1t3sjn4_540.pngtumblr_inline_pnjzbuJQc81t3sjn4_540.png

The drama added this scene, where Zhao Yao called him "Mo Qing" a bunch of times. It is cute and sweet, but it does not make up for the deleted dialogue. :triumph:

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Watched all three versions and now I am mad! WHYYY DID THE DRAMA TAKE AWAY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND ANTICIPATED DIALOGUE FOR THIS SCENE???? There are 2 times that this couple was met with 'life and death' situations (before Zhao Yao regains her real body). The relic destroying scene being the 1st, and the revival of Luo Ming Xuan being the 2nd.

I feel you!!! I was worried when I saw the previews, but I thought ‘hey, maybe they weren’t going to show it’ and now I’m sad. After he told her he was going to take her away, she said to herself ‘yes, take me away, because I want it and I want you’ and a whole bunch more :bawling:

I was waiting for that scene so i could add to my FMV, but I guess it’s not going to happen now T-T

@DontEatMyKimchi Agree with you! First I watched the trailer, I was also confused on why there was no Zhao Yao scream Mo Qing name. I thought that the trailer cut it off and we would see it in the real version. I was wrong; it turns out that the drama cut that part entirely. That is the part when Zhao Yao realizes that she loves Li Chen Lan and also the point when Zhao Yao knows that Li Chen Lan knows that it is her. I don't know why they chose to cut it.

In my positive thinking, I hope the drama found other way to show Zhao Yao realizing her love and understanding that Li Chen Lan knows that it is her (hopefully in a more grandeur or more romantic way). As far as I know the novel author was helping with the script, so lets hope this change was done under her agreement.

On the other hand, I am quite happy that the drama choose to be more elaborate on explaining Li Chen Lan demonic side. In the novel, this only was touched in the last arc. Here, we get to see the problem early on. Bring on the angst!!! Cannot wait for Zhao Yao for realizing her love so she can take care her "loyal" subordinate for hurting her man.

Lastly, the trailer showing Zhao Yao getting shy and panic after kissing Li Chen Lan is very cute:wub:. Li Chen Lan expression is so unlike a demon king, hahahahahaha:D. Could you imagine what a field day that all those gossipers in Wan Lu Men sect will have after the truth about Zhi Yan and Zhao Yao comes out?

"Do you hear about sect leader and previous sect leader?"

"Yes, yes. Really cannot imagine a woman like previous sect leader will fall to a man. Not to mention the sect leader is really cold to everyone,"

"Psst, you cannot say it like that. I heard that it was the previous sect leader that did the seducing,"

"What?"

"Yes, I hear from other guard in the library ......"

4 hours ago, xienrue said:

Lastly, the trailer showing Zhao Yao getting shy and panic after kissing Li Chen Lan is very cute:wub:. Li Chen Lan expression is so unlike a demon king, hahahahahaha:D. Could you imagine what a field day that all those gossipers in Wan Lu Men sect will have after the truth about Zhi Yan and Zhao Yao comes out?

BOTH of their reactions are sooo adorable!! MQ's shyness and ZY's panic :blush:. I feel like the drama is going to push forward Zhao Yao's retrieval of her real body. PROS: (1.) Shut the haters up... cough cough Lin Zi YU. (2.) Dating without face swapping 

Cons: MQ's kneeling scene. I can already feel my heart breaking apart. 

IQiYI Gif Spoilers. 

Spoiler

Probably the aftermath of the 'kiss'. Someone is much more love-struck than she is willing to admit.^^

tumblr_pnknw6tgx91u1iqoao2_r2_640.gif#not a frozen gif

tumblr_pnknw6tgx91u1iqoao1_r1_640.gif

tumblr_pnknw6tgx91u1iqoao5_r2_640.gif

6d40f7f4ly1g0kthof9uzg20fc06su0z.gif

tumblr_pnknw6tgx91u1iqoao4_r2_640.gif

It's nice to see Zhao Yao panicking especially if it is due to MQ. Ha!

I have a feeling that the drunken kiss/'一夜荒唐‘ is going to air next week. 

new bts + actor(ress) interviews

@DontEatMyKimchi From where those GIF are coming from? Tonight episode or next week? Hahahahahaha, really like Zhao Yao reaction when she sees how Li Chen Lan shoots down the bird.

The haters that I really want to shut up is Bei Shan Zhu (The old man. I think his name is Yuan Ji?). Really want to see his face when he realizes that his beloved previous sect leader Zhao Yao is head over heel in love with the current sect leader he hates ;). For Lin Zhi Yu, I wish the drama would give us Zhao Yao jealousy scene.

Li Chen Lan kneeling scene is one scene I wish to never see. I am already quite disappointed that the drama weakened Li Chen Lan in JingZhou city arc (the one that he destroy that swords array) since he needed help from Jiang Wu to destroy that big sword.

10 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Here was SUPPOSED to be one of the most iconic scene because Mo Qing appeared in front of Zhao Yao and told her "我带你走”。 Just like the time ZY saved him from the divine sect. THE DRAMA WIPED OUT THE ENTIRE DIALOGUE! Was it that hard to just add a "Mo Qing" and a "I'll take you away". They certainly had no problem swapping dialogues as seen in my previous post. THEN WHY??? 

I wonder if that's because they are saving the line for something down the road?

The drama kept a lot of the original dialogue, but they are swapping orders of when things happen, so I think it's possible they want to use the line later.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:48 AM, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Keeping up with all 3 editing formats of Zhao Yao is extremely stressful. I highly recommend you to live stream the tv broadcast if you want episodes with the FULL content. The TV episodes have a couple minutes more than the DVD or WEB. Usually these ending scenes will be pick up at the beginning in the next episode of WEB format. DVD has its own pace, so it might not necessarily be at the start of the episode. Last week, the cut out part in ep 18/19 of WEB format can be found in the DVD ver (8:30~15:00). 

This time, the scene with Mo Qing stepping on 冰葫芦 bing hu lu in episode 20/21, unless I am terribly mistaken, was completely edited out in YOUTUBE VER of ep 20. In 21, if you subtract the scene with QQX, the episode started with ZY + ZY returning to their bedroom. 

The IQIYI Ver of ep 20 Web and ep 21 DVD  included this scene.

Friendly reminder,  there are total of 4 different previews for tmr ep. 

#1 TV & #2 Iqiyi ep 23: battling the anti-demonic-energy/golden sword relic

#3 iqiyi ep 24:  Doc South treating MQ's wounds 

#4 TV(?): Zhi Yan finds Liu Cang Ling and ends up getting strangled. 

So TV version: iqiyi 

Web version: youtube

Dvd version: where can we watch dvd version?

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I need engsub!!! I have been watching clips only...

:joy::joy:hello there my friend!!!! Me too waiting for subs.  Just watching clips and BTS videos. But this thread is so great we are getting each episode's recaps in 5 different versions:tounge_wink: jaiyou!!!!

I just reread the chapter with the flying sword force field thing (it’s in chapter 48 I think) and @DontEatMyKimchi was right, it is disappointing that they cut out that dialogue. Instead they made the necklace thing able to call to Li Chen Lan when Zhao Yao was in danger. They did add a scene where Li Chen Lan went kind of crazy due to the demonic energy inside him and started to strangle Zhi Yan. Zhao Yao was able to snap him out of it by calling him Mo Qing

Spoiler

Looks like Luo Ming Xuan will be revived soon, so Zhao Yao might need to marry the chubby scholar in the Ghost Market to get enough $$$ to buy a “Returning Power Pill” so she can kill Luo Mingxuan all over again. The scholar was a good guy in life,so in death he is loaded :lol:

In the novel, Zhao Yao was able to buy a “Return to Life Pill” with the scholars money but after a time limit her body turned to dust in front of Mo Qing/Li Chen Lan which made him use his powers to search for her everywhere. 

Archived