Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

@DontEatMyKimchi Sigh... thanks for the confirmation..... I've been searching this info too because I think the episode cuts were weird....some was 45 minutes.. some 35-38 minutes... tsktsk... 

Watching these scenes makes me sigh... :(

93e814bcly1g0dzyn2s08j20v312dqca.jpg

93e814bcly1g0dzyo2wstj20v913f44z.jpg

93e814bcly1g0dzyoa1ukj20v913kn42.jpg

At least he can see Zhao Yao now... :tears:

giphy.gif

Would some kind soul help to translate this sentence?? :tears:

Spoiler

本以为此生再难相见,却没想到,我命运多舛,唯独关于你方能有一丝幸运。招摇,我终于等到你回来了,只是现在,你怕是恨极了我。
我自知,你我之间除剑冢一战外,其余温情种种,于我虽一眼惊鸿,于你却似指尖清风,能失而复得已是万幸,我不求其他,只愿以后,能护你安好无虞,我一定,不会再让你陷于危险之中。

• Like 6

I just went and watched the non-cut version. It makes so much more sense now. I can't believe they cut THAT much.

Interestingly they also change the order of certain scene in the other version.

I highly recommend everyone to watch the non-cut version here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought it would be hard for us to ever met again but who would have that despite how much my life sucks, I have luck with you. Zhao Yao, I have finally waited your return. At present time, you probably hate to bones. 

我自知,你我之间除剑冢一战外,其余温情种种,于我虽一眼惊鸿,于你却似指尖清风,能失而复得已是万幸,我不求其他,只愿以后,能护你安好无虞,我一定,不会再让你陷于危险之中。

(too poetic to directly translate. i dont have that type of skill so ill just paraphrase it. )

I know you only remembered the time of "剑冢一战" (picture below--> when she was retrieving the WAN JUN SWORD and died). For you, it was like a passing breeze by fingertips but for me,  I have engraved very moment that we spend together. I know it is already very fortunate to retrieve the things that were lost,  so I won’t ask for more. My only wish is to protect you from now on. I definitely will not let danger reach you.

tumblr_pn5gy0thAd1u1iqoao6_1280.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Would some kind soul help to translate this sentence?? :tears:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's my poor translation:

I thought we would never meet again in this life. I didn't expect that despite my hard fate, I got a little lucky with you. Zhao Yao, my wait for you is finally over, but I am afraid you now hate me. I know, other than what happened at Sword Mountain, while everything between you and I left a strong impression on me, to you it was as unmemorable as a breeze at your fingertips. Yet, I am very lucky to be able to regain what was lost, so I am not going to ask for anything else. I just hope that in the future, I can protect you so you can be safe and sound, I definitely won't let you be in danger ever again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

@DontEatMyKimchi and @arcchidus Thank you :wub:

43 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I just went and watched the non-cut version. It makes so much more sense now. I can't believe they cut THAT much.

Interestingly they also change the order of certain scene in the other version.

I highly recommend everyone to watch the non-cut version here.

Anyway... where are you watching the un-cut version? I usually download from torrents.. but the only links I got was for the web version.. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that enjoying the interaction between Li Chen Lan and Gu Shu Guang? I feel that Gu Shu Guang always acts as tsundere, talks in sarcasm and derisive tone but in the end of the day he always scolds Li Chen Lan when he is too reckless with his body.

• Like 6

I could not find the uncut version of ep 19, but from what I could tell Li Chen Lan is angry at Zhao Yao for appearing to suggest becoming a spy for Jiang Wu in exchange for Si Ma Rong’s life. Li Chen Lan was probably just jealous that Zhao Yao said flattering words to Jiang Wu and held his hand (to seal their bargain/alliance)

Edit: Finally found the uncut version and yep  I was right about the jealously thing. Li Chen Lan overhears Zhao Yao tell Jiang Wu that Si Ma Rong doesn’t have a grudge against him (Li Chen Lan)but she definitely does.He also witnesses Zhao Yao holding Jiang Wu’s hand and him trying to kiss her hand!

Spoiler

In her invisible form, Zhao Yao witnesses the extent  of Li Chen Lans injuries and overhears Gu Han Guang tells him that his wound shouldn’t touch water. She thinks she should splash his wound with water and stab him with the lightning sword but somehow she doesn’t want to anymore. Zhi Yan suggests Zhao Yao apologise to Li Chen Lan and explain the reason for her fake alliance with Jiang Wu but she refuses and Li Chen Lan overhears their conversation.

In ep 20 there’s a funny bit where Jiang Wu writes love letters to Zhao Yao, but she doesn’t understand a word and tells Zhi Yan to answer in her place. Zhi Yan and Jiang Wu start to exchange (fake) letters and tokens to each other but these are intercepted by Li Chen Lan who gets increasingly jealous. The last straw was when Jiang Wu asks to meet Zhao Yao/Zhi Yan in private and Li Chen Lan kills the bird carrying the message and appears to meet Jiang Wu in order to kill him...Since Jiang Wu is one of the  main villains (the others include Liu Su Ruo,Luo Ming Xuan and Li Chen Lan himself) he is not that easily killed!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@DontEatMyKimchi and @arcchidus Thank you :wub:

Anyway... where are you watching the un-cut version? I usually download from torrents.. but the only links I got was for the web version.. 

I am fairly sure I am not supposed to post any links based on forum rules. But I will say that you can find the extended version if you pick one of the other sources on maplestage (watcheable in US). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@arcchidus Thanks so much! I definitely would not have been able to figure that out myself.

For those that aren't sure: go to the maplestage website, find 招摇 (It was on the homepage, under DRAMA for me), click on episode 19, under the video should be tabs Youtube | Other | Other, click on one of the "Other" and load the video. It's roughly 8-9min. in. 

I hope when VIKI gets this (putting in a request daily, haha), they get the TV version!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, therewillbeddl said:

what did Zhao Yao do to Qin Qianxian for him to have a 心魔? 

Spoiler

she locked up up and stared at him all night 

tumblr_inline_pmoioaajob1t3sjn4_500.gif

img src

she has a really bad habit of staring at people :lol:

tumblr_pn9jo69c4p1u1iqoao2_540.gif

img src

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, therewillbeddl said:

what did Zhao Yao do to Qin Qianxian for him to have a 心魔? 

In the cut version of ep 19, they show Zhao Yao seeing Qin Qian Xian supposedly blocking her way and she kidnaps him just to stare at him all night!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Found a TV preview for ep 22

Spoiler

I dont know if i am allowed to post the direct links to the video (since it is not the 'official one) so ill post the tumblr post instead

{update} This preview is from the TV channels's OFFICIAL TV CHANNEL WEIBO. So should be allowed to post it. 

The TV Ep 20 had an extra 3 minutes. CHANNEL TV WEIBO kindly posted. 

It's hilarious how everyone on weibo is saying Jiang Wu is having a 'cyber romance' experience :lol:

Spoiler

tumblr_pnav291fET1u1iqoao5_1280.jpg

-Jiang wu's (difficult) cyber romance journey-

tumblr_pnav291fET1u1iqoao6_1280.jpg

Youngster Jiang Wu gets involved with a cyber romance :heart:

Skill 1. Writes a poem

Skill 2. Paints a picture

Skill 3. Sends a gift (OUT FOF ALL THINGS HE SENDS ROCKKSSS :sweat_smile:)

tumblr_pnav291fET1u1iqoao2_1280.jpg

After all those 'email' exchanging, he finally sets up a date with his 'love and then..... A DUDE SHOWS UP !!! 

I absolutely love this plot diversion from the novel!:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

3 hours ago, therewillbeddl said:

thanks guys lmaoo that’s hilarious :joy: I can’t wait for that part, the fact that her stare affected QQX so badly!

Me too. After this part of the story Mo Qing learns the feeling of jealousy :lol:.

Right now my MOST anticipated  scene is the "一夜荒唐" The night when she gets VERY drunk. ^^

Spoiler

tumblr_pn6vi4ER1z1v20o9qo1_500.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

The new MV makes me more exited for the future episodes. It seems they will deviate from the novel a bit, adding more angst in the last arc. The fight scene (the one with hundreds of swords array and one big sword - I forgot the name of the city when this is happen in the novel) is marvelous. Plus Zhao Yao - Li Chen Lan lovey dovey seems so sweet in the MV, cannot wait to see them!!:wub:

Up until now, I think the hilarious ones are:

1. When Li Chen Lan realizes she is Zhao Yao and giving her the necklace back so he can hear her thought.

The scene when Zhao Yao poisons him is so funny.

2. Li Chen Lan jealousy.

When he finally snaps and kills the bird is very funny indeed.

Since the drama keens on giving us romance rival, Lu Zhi Yu and Jiang Wu (I think?), I hope we will get a scene that shows Zhao Yao get jealous, too.  

• Like 4

Here's a summary from the book for better understanding of the plot :

https://sparklingdawnlights.blogspot.com/2019/02/recommended-novel-zhao-yao.html

And some key difference with the book:

https://sparklingdawnlights.blogspot.com/2019/02/zhao-yao-drama-review-differences.html

Anyway... lols.. If I didn't read the book and know Zhao Yao's love for tanghulu, I would have suspected that there is a tanghulu PPL in the drama:joy:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

It's hilarious how everyone on weibo is saying Jiang Wu is having a 'cyber romance' experience :lol:

Hahahahahahaha.. MQ increased jealousy and also ZY's indifferent face during the letter exchange was so hillarious... hahaha... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2