[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

:joy::joy:hello there my friend!!!! Me too waiting for subs.  Just watching clips and BTS videos. But this thread is so great we are getting each episode's recaps in 5 different versions:tounge_wink: jaiyou!!!!

helowwwww @pad-hari :wub:  so we are having the same destiny LOL , yeahhh really awesome!! really thank you for the recap guys!!

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I watch this in fast forward for the action scenes and OTP and the pretty pics/colors. I dont understand what's going on :sweat_smile:

hhahahaha you are digging your own grave my friend :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@frostflower14

Spoiler

I am actually afraid that the drama will cut the scene when Li Chen Lan looking for Zhao Yao everywhere using some kind of spirit technique. Because the drama already weaken Li Chen Lan in fighting with sword array (yeah, I am still mad).

@arcchidus I am watching another trailer for tonight episode. In that trailer there is a conversation between Zhao Yao and Zhi Yan, talking about Li Chen Lan liking Zhao Yao. Zhao Yao respond there indicates that she was traumatic with any close relationship because of her failure with Luo Ming Xuan back then. Therefore, ever since that, she never let herself be protected by anybody or protect anybody (I think this is what she says - based on my limited mandarin. Please correct me if I am wrong). The words in the novel that Zhao Yao said in the novel in Jing Zhou city arc is very powerful if we take Zhao Yao principle into equation. Since the drama seems to go to heavier storytelling, I think we will get this words in Luo Ming Xuan arc. This way, the drama will have more time to flesh out Zhao Yao development to finally able to open her heart again.

Here is the trailer:

I am now curious on how the drama will handle Bei Shan Zhu. In the novel, because of machine translation I don't really get his punishment. But again in the novel his only fault is colluding with immortal sect which lead to Luo Ming Xuan reviving. However in this drama he has another offense that might irk Zhao Yao more (hurting Li Chen Lan). While now Zhao Yao is still in denial, once she open her heart, she will open it completely without restraint. And she is a very protective person by nature. With Li Chen Lan still hurting (I don't know how the drama will handle his healing), I want to see how she will protect him.

They didn't really talk about the show or the plot in that clip. Lol the guy said his hair is receding a lot because of the show since they have to come his hair back like every day and they use a lot of rubbing alcohol to keep his fake hair on properly. He said he wants to go do more modern show now cause he did so many historical shows.

Would someone be kind  to tell me what is Li Chen Lan answer to Zhao Yao question "Why do you help me?" in the throne room? The mandarin there lost me ......:tears:

The next week episodes trailer is torturing me. How can I wait until Monday ....

In ep 25  

Spoiler

Bei Shan Zhu reveals there are two Zhi Yan’s. Lin Zi Yu sees an opportunity to eliminate Zhi Yan and Zhao Yao by arresting them both and accusing them of being spies. Li Chen Lan comes to Zhao Yao’s rescue despite not yet recovering from his injuries. He tells everyone he already knew there were 2 Zhi Yan’s and takes the punishment  of getting hit three times for the deception. Bei Shan Zhu uses this opportunity to accuse Li Chen Lan of not being fit to be leader since he can’t even take two hits. Zhao Yao sees through his assassination attempt and accuses Bei Shan Zhu of  treason. Getting hit caused Li Chen Lan to struggle with his inner demon and he lashes out when he sees Zhao Yao getting knocked over. As punishment, Li Chen Lan orders Bei Shan Zhu to be excecuted, but changes his mind when he mentions Zhao Yao. Afterwards, once everyone had left, Zhao Yao asks Li Chen Lan when he knew there were two versions of her, he replies “Twins? I knew long ago”. She asks why he helped her and he says because his heart wanted to and he couldn’t control himself.

Zhi Yan has a chat with Zhao Yao about Li Chen Lan. She tells Zhao Yao that Li Chen Lan treats her very well, but Zhao Yao says that he just likes Zhi Yan’s pretty face. Zhi Yan says that she feels he loves Zhao Yao as a person not just because of her face. She tells Zhao Yao that even if she doesn’t acknowledge it, she is starting to worry for Li Chen Lan and becoming protective towards him.

Zhao Yao says that she once respected and trusted a person but he betrayed her and killed her only relative so she vowed never to be betrayed again. She tells Zhi Yan never to mention that Li Chen Lan loves her because she wouldn’t believe it. Zhi Yan tells Zhao Yao that she deserved to be loved but Zhao Yao doesn’t believe it and says that now she will be the one doing the betraying 

After the whole treason incident, Lin Zhi Yu gets demoted because Li Chen Lan no longer wants to see her face and doesn’t trust her anymore. There’s a funny bit where during a conversation with Si Ma Rong, Li Chen Lan sees a bird fly past and follows it to Zhao Yao’s room. After seeing another letter from Jiang Wu offering his protection and asking for another date, Li Chen Lan snaps and kills the bird. He orders A Da to pluck its feathers and cook it  into a soup. He is so jealous :joy:

In her invisible form,Zhao Yao goes to Li Chen Lan’s office to see what’s wrong with him. She remarks that even though he is the son of the demon king all he does all day is administer the affairs of Wan Lu Men and read books. He doesn’t seem demonic at all except when his eyes turn red (yikes!)  She reaches out to touch his face and says that although she likes arrogant and self confident men like Jiang Wu, but she...(is starting to like him?) She asks him if what Zhi Yan says is true, does he love her for her true self behind Zhi Yan’s face? Zhao Yao tip toes to lean closer to him (for a kiss)but loses her footing and accidentally kisses him. She runs out embrassed and A Da comes in afterwards. He notices that Li Chen Lan’s Face is red and asks if he needs Nan Shan Zhu but he lies and says that the room is too hot! After A Da leaves he actually touches his face to see if it is hot...

Zhao Yao wonders if she really kissed Li Chen Lan? She says she dodged quickly but clearly she did kiss him. He didn’t react so maybe she missed? This scene is pretty funny since Zhao Yao is normally so self confident.

Does anyone know the possible ending of the drama? I read it somewhere in the description said that they both will be happy together at the end...but so hard to predict unless we have the possible pictures of them happily together. :( I would love to watch it in English sub as well. Anyone knows a link for English sub?

@gyna1 here’s the summary for Ep 26 

Spoiler

The opening is a funny scene where the guards are playing odd and even. The head guard was winning until Zhao Yao ran past and changed the position of one of the dice.

Zhao Yao is teaching Zhi Yan how to teleport but she is making no progress since Zhi Yan can’t concentrate. Zhi Yan had made a deal with Zhao Yao that if she can learn to teleport Zhao Yao would take her to the meeting with the Immortal Sects. Zhi Yan decides to take a short cut and asks Gu Han Guang for medicine to improve her powers. Since he is distracted trying to figure out a cure for his woman he gives Zhi Yan a whole box at once.

Si Ma Rong tries to convince Qin Qianxian not to go to the meeting between the Immortal Sects by telling him that Liu Su Ruo wants his blood to revive Lu Mingxuan. Qin Qianxian tells him that if he does not go how can he know the outcome?  Si Ma Rong asks him what he thinks of reviving Lu Mingxuan and he replies that everything should follow the law of nature ,whether it’s time or fate and he does not condone murder for the sake of taking blood.

Zhao Yao is still trying to teach Zhi Yan how to teleport. She seems to improve after taking one pill and Zhao Yao is impressed Zhi Yan was able to get a whole box. Zhi Yan explains tha Gu Han Guang was studying a prescription written by Leader Jiang and he gave her the box to get rid of her. She asks Zhao Yao about their relationship and she tells Zhi Yan that they studied with the same shifu. Zhi Yan wonders why Gu Han Guang entered Wan Lu Men if he originally came from one of the Immortal Sects. Zhao Yao tells her it was because of a woman and it’s someone Zhi Yan might know. It’s a person from a sect that only accepts female disciples and they are forbidden to fall in love but sect leader Shen Qianjin was unable to control herself. Zhi Yan doesn’t believe it since Shen Qianjin never mentioned this incident. Zhao Yao tells her that’s because she doesn’t remember.

Li Chen Lan asks Si Ma Rong about the location of Dong San Zhu Lu Shi Qi. Si Ma Rong replies person sent to find her is getting mistreated by her. It’s shown that Lu Shi Qi hates being followed and finds her guard too slow. She threatens to not only beat up her guard if he bothers her but beat up the Little Ugly boy who sent him too!

Zhao Yao is still trying to teach Zhi Yan but she falls asleep and Li Chen Lan comes to see her. When he plucks a leaf from her hair, she asks him about the Immortal Sects meeting and he reassures her that he has already arranged everything so that Liu Su Ruo will not get what she wants.There’s a cute moment when Zhao Yao calls Li Chen Lan Shifu,he answers that he’s here and she thanks him for being here with her.

Liu Su Ruo visits Luo Mingxuan and asks him if he remembers what this day is. She has a flashback of when she met him after he had become a Golden Immortal,their first meeting with the horse and when he said he is someone who was fated to meet her. Normally these scenes would be romantic but I really hate this couple.

Liu Su Ruo meets with Jiang Wu to arrange an ambush for Qin Qianxian but he replies that he’ll do it if he feels like it. Later, Jiang Wu overhears a disciple from Jian Xin Men insult him and was about to beat him up but is interrupted by Liu Su Ruo female disciple who offers him wine. Jiang Wu’s friend tells him that if he kills Qin Qianxian Zhi Yan will hate him since he is her only relative. But he says that after he kills Qin Qianxian he will marry her and become her new family then she will be forced to love him .

At the  Immortal Sects meeting , Liu Su Ruo tries to convince everyone that Li Chen Lan attacked Jian Xin Men because he is jealous of Liu Cangling and that they should go attack Wan Lu Men. The other leaders disagree and she says Lu Mingxuan can help them but first she needs Qin Qianxian’s blood.

@frostflower14 Thank you very much for the recap!! Li Chen Lan answer was so sweet, no wonder Zhao Yao kept thinking about it:rolleyes:, hahahahaha! Who won't ?:wub:

I dislike how they got rid of Lin Zhi Yu that easy, I still haven't seen jealous Zhao Yao!! Li Chen Lan jealousy to Jiang Wu was very entertaining. Both Zhao Yao and Zhi Yan expression when they saw Li Chen Lan killed the bird and told his subordinate to make the bird into food ...... :joy: I think a jealous Zhao Yao would be very entertaining, too.

The drama choose a twist road here. With making Zhao Yao and Zhi Yan a twin here (a lie), it perhaps can make the story more interesting. Because Zhao Yao can learn to love again with a whole new identity here. She is still thinking that Li Chen Lan doesn't know that it is her, therefore she can act freely without afraid that Li Chen Lan has a pre-definition of her personality already.

The preview for next week episodes is very interesting, making it very torturing wait. Seems Li Chen Lan health is worsening? Somebody understand what is Gu Shu Guang is saying when he tries to force Li Chen Lan to drink the medicine?

I had heard of the drama before, but somehow it didn't pick my interest, but after I somehow came upon ninjareflections blog (can I mention the blog?) and there read the praises for the novel and hopes for the drama...it got me interested and the trailer/plot seemed promising so I got suckered in and tried to find it subbed.

lolz, I'm not as patient as some of you, saw the first 3 subbed eps on it's official youtube  channel & then also on PP's blog since it had fuller sub and since I loved it so much decided to watch the raws as well...and got hooked on it so well that saw all the 26 eps that are uploaded so far even though I understand maybe 1% of what is said :joy:

Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE the drama! And I hope the novel will get translated as well as I'd love to read it!

Went through all of the 13 pages and read what you guys have written, learned many new things, yay & thanx to those who share their knowledge with the rest of us!

And I did wonder about the abrupt change in ep 18/19...sigh, so turns out we've got cut versions here as well.

I hope that when someone picks it up for official subbing they'll do so with the uncut version.

22 minutes ago, xienrue said:

Ooooh, nice! Thank you! :)

But darn it, am I the only one for whom ep 27 trailer is restricted due to country? Hate it when that happens T_T

Will have to try and search in Chinese

But from ep 28 preview it seems Zhao Yao has definitely caught on that he can see her also when she's invisible

20 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

Ooooh, nice! Thank you! :)

But darn it, am I the only one for whom ep 27 trailer is restricted due to country? Hate it when that happens T_T

Will have to try and search in Chinese

But from ep 28 preview it seems Zhao Yao has definitely caught on that he can see her also when she's invisible

@xienrue Thank you for the preview. I can’t wait for next week episodes.  @RouzmaryYou’re right can’t even watch the preview for 27. Well if you Find the ep 27 and able to view it. share it with us on here. Lol 

I decided to start on this drama since reading all the comments here, and I m so glad I did! Thank you all for all the generous details which piqued my interest, and i binge watch the all the episodes. It's going to be painful waiting for next week's episodes. I m thinking of starting on the novel since there are good comments about it!!

1 hour ago, xienrue said:

The preview for next week episodes is very interesting, making it very torturing wait. Seems Li Chen Lan health is worsening? Somebody understand what is Gu Shu Guang is saying when he tries to force Li Chen Lan to drink the medicine?

Spoiler

Gu Han Guang is angrily telling them to hold down Li Chen Lan, to make him drink the meds even if it means they need to force fed him. He said he has only ever seen two patients who dare to disobey him; one is Lu Zhao Yao who is dead, and one is him Li Chen Lan. And if Li Chen Lan doesn't drink the meds, he can forget about leaving this room.

52 minutes ago, gyna1 said:

@xienrue Thank you for the preview. I can’t wait for next week episodes.  @RouzmaryYou’re right can’t even watch the preview for 27. Well if you Find the ep 27 and able to view it. share it with us on here. Lol 

I think this is the best one I managed to find:

@rainnie98  heh, same for me - binge watched all the available eps and then all the info in this post. Novel is next on my list :D

Archived