Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇


Recommended Posts

It's impossible that this drama will have a sad ending. Especially when the novel author helped out with the script editing. 

Yes, the wait is long. LOT of people are complaining that there are only 6 episodes per week, unlike other cdramas. They say this drama might rise quicker to the fame if they update more frequently. Oh well, it adds to feel of stanning a drama.  

Weibo channel helps out, i guess, by posting spoiler gifs. 


 

Spoiler

 

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao5_400.giftumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao3_400.gifwhat are you doing?// I'm scared

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao1_400.gifI really don't get why you are scared.tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao6_400.gifwhat's there to be afraid of?

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao4_400.gif

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao2_400.gif:blush:

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao8_r2_400.gif

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao7_400.gifstrange, why am i panicking? 

img src

 

 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In ep 25    

Here’s a recap for ep 32

Watched all three versions and now I am mad! WHYYY DID THE DRAMA TAKE AWAY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND ANTICIPATED DIALOGUE FOR THIS SCENE???? There are 2 times that this couple was met with 'life and deat

The sub of this beautiful drama is taken up by the PP blog.  The 1st episode is subbed already.:kiss_wink: She will do it a slow as she is also doing some other dramas side by side.  So please enjoy whenever she uploads the videos and please don't pressure her for subsequent episodes in the comments.:heart:

https://productiveprocrastination.site/2019/02/22/eng-subthe-legends-ep-1/

I think the 2nd link is working as of now.

Edit: I am watching these two leads in "Untouchable Lovers".  Bai lu as Huo Xuan/Le Yun is superb.  Xu Kai's is in support role as Shen Yu.  I am impressed with BL so much:kiss_wink:

BTW the new m/v is so good and the ost's is also beautiful

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Loved  the bit where Li Chen Lan gets jealous when Zhao Yao asks Qin  Qianxian to rescue her instead of people from Wan Lu Men. Afterwards, Zhao Yao doesn’t want both guys to see two versions of Zhi Yan so she tells her to hide and suggests having a intimate conversation with her “uncle”.Li Chen Lan tells Zhao Yao that his duties are not tiring as her intimate conversation with Qin Qianxian. Zhao Yao finds it strange that Li Chen Lan is jealous of Qin Qianxian since he is Zhi Yan’s uncle.

Which ep is this? 

 

@DontEatMyKimchi  which ep when ZY locked QQX and stared him all night?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12blbl said:

Which ep is this? 

 

@donteatmykimchi   which ep when ZY locked QQX and stared him all night?

 

In the novel it was mentioned in passing, but I don't think they've shown that actual scene yet in the drama. The one where she stares at him because she definitely does! And it's in the ending credits I think.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 12blbl said:

Which ep is this? 

 

@DontEatMyKimchi  which ep when ZY locked QQX and stared him all night?

Q1: ep 14

Q2: To be aired.  Maybe soon, since the drama showed  part of it in the beginning of ep 19 or 20. 

tumblr_pn8pu3lBvd1u1iqoao4_1280.jpgimg src

Spoiler

Zhao Yao (when she was a still 'alive') wanted to declare war on Liu Cang Ling's place which is the location they are going to arrive at in the coming ep 21/22. Anyway, Si Ma Rong advised her to retreat because the place is protected by some anti-demonic-energy relic. On her way back she met Qin Qian Xian and locked him up. 

 

-so I'm pretty sure QQX's captivity is going to be in one of the six eps of next week. -

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really looking forward to next weeks episodes. From the trailer it looks like Liu Su Ruo Has mind controlled Liu Cang Ling and will use him to lure Zhi Yan to Jian Xin Men ( the sect she used to belong to) by writing a letter telling her that her father is still alive. Zhao Yao tells her that the letter is suspicious but Zhi Yan says that Cang Ling would never lie to her.

 

Zhao Yao tells her they need to bring Li Chen Lan with them for safety, but since he is still angry at Zhao Yao she has to flatter him to make him agree to come with them. Looks like she tells him she loves him and he asks how much does she love him?Her reply is as much as the hawk loves the sky and the wild horse loves the grasslands (so over the top!)

 

Looks like Li Chen Lan will figure out a way to see Zhao Yao even in the daytime when she is supposed to be invisible. The trailer shows him pretending not to see her even when she is waving her hand in his face and getting really close in the carriage (can’t wait for that scene). One of the lines she mutters in the carriage is “It’s not like I haven’t seen a handsome young man before “LOL

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

When Jiang Wu sends a bag a rocks I lost it. LIKE REALLY??  Then there is Zhi Yan's response with a handkerchief. WHAT? Girl do you even understand what you are doing? How in the world do these two items match up? 

It's just my thought but maybe ZY thought of rock-paper-scissors game? JW gave rock, so ZY responsed with paper :joy:

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, frostflower14 said:

I’m really looking forward to next weeks episodes. From the trailer it looks like Liu Su Ruo Has mind controlled Liu Cang Ling and will use him to lure Zhi Yan to Jian Xin Men ( the sect she used to belong to) by writing a letter telling her that her father is still alive. Zhao Yao tells her that the letter is suspicious but Zhi Yan says that Cang Ling would never lie to her.

 

Zhao Yao tells her they need to bring Li Chen Lan with them for safety, but since he is still angry at Zhao Yao she has to flatter him to make him agree to come with them. Looks like she tells him she loves him and he asks how much does she love him?Her reply is as much as the hawk loves the sky and the wild horse loves the grasslands (so over the top!)

 

Looks like Li Chen Lan will figure out a way to see Zhao Yao even in the daytime when she is supposed to be invisible. The trailer shows him pretending not to see her even when she is waving her hand in his face and getting really close in the carriage (can’t wait for that scene). One of the lines she mutters in the carriage is “It’s not like I haven’t seen a handsome young man before “LOL

Looking forward for when she has to eat her own words. B)

  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, pad-hari said:

The sub of this beautiful drama is taken up by the PP blog.  The 1st episode is subbed already.:kiss_wink: She will do it a slow as she is also doing some other dramas side by side.  So please enjoy whenever she uploads the videos and please don't pressure her for subsequent episodes in the comments.:heart:

https://productiveprocrastination.site/2019/02/22/eng-subthe-legends-ep-1/

I think the 2nd link is working as of now.

Edit: I am watching these two leads in "Untouchable Lovers".  Bai lu as Huo Xuan/Le Yun is superb.  Xu Kai's is in support role as Shen Yu.  I am impressed with BL so much:kiss_wink:

BTW the new m/v is so good and the ost's is also beautiful

 

Thanks for that info.  This drama is also now being subbed in English at the Official YouTube channel by a group of subbers. They have finished Ep. 1-3 so far. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHeuG-nSOA&index=1&list=PLooD8l3FSd6mDcBTk1GDYe7B3QFmTTMUO

 

Hopefully, PP & YT groups will collaborate together. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I found the English subbed version of 宿命 (Fate), it’s much better than my translation would have been. Except for the line 宿命里颠倒 would not really translate to “Karma is confusing”, a better translation would have been “Fate is perverse”. 

 

Since the subs don’t show up here, i’ll retype the lyrics again

 

每一个选择 

Each choice we make

都必定有理由 

Is bound to have a reason

痛苦了之后 

After suffering 

成仙或成魔

Will I become an immortal or a demon?

行至山水穷 

Even walking through the mountain and rivers

也进退两难守 

I am still stuck in a dilemma 

只留下哀愁 

Only leaving behind sorrow 

看命运造化弄 

As I watch fate make a fool of me

世间 冷暖都尝遍 

Experiencing the ways of the world

情总看不穿剪不断 

Yet always unable to cut or break my affection 

Oh oh oh oh oh oh 

离合悲欢嗔痴贪念 

Meeting and separating, sorrow and joy, anger and longing 

我在 苦等着诺言 

I’m here bitterly waiting for our promise

任泪珠亲吻发丝线 

Allowing tears to kiss my hair

Oh oh oh oh oh oh 

这一别又几经流年 

Just how many years will this separation be again?

每一个选择 

Each choice we make

都必定有理由 

Is bound to have a reason

痛苦了之后 

After suffering 

成仙或成魔 

Will I become an immortal or a demon 

行至山水穷 

Even walking through the mountain and rivers

也进退两难守 

I am still stuck in a dilemma

只留下哀愁 

Only leaving behind sorrow 

看命运造化弄 

As I watch fate make a fool of me

世间 冷暖都尝遍 

Experiencing the ways of the world 

情总看不穿剪不断 

Yet always unable to cut or break my affection

Oh oh oh oh oh oh 

离合悲欢嗔痴贪念 

Meeting and separating, sorrow and joy, anger and longing 

我在 苦等着诺言 

I’m here bitterly waiting for our promise

任泪珠亲吻发丝线 

Allowing tears to kiss my hair

Oh oh oh oh oh oh 

这一别又几经流年 

Just how many years will this separation be again?

宿命里颠倒 

Karma is confusing (better translation: Fate is perverse)

黑色的剑鞘染上苍老 

The black sword sheath stained by time

夜风中呼啸 

In the midst of the night winds howling

爱恨相互吞噬拥抱 

Love and hate engulfing and embracing each other

挣脱了命运 

Struggling free from fate

不过是徒劳 

Yet it is futile 

岁月何等飘渺 

The passing years are hazy

若从头来过 

If we could start over

舍天下陪君逍遥

I would give up the world to be free with you.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@pad-hari I believe the video comes from episode 19. Li Chen Lan back is hurt when he was trying to take Liu He sword for Zhao Yao. I think the first time we see his back hurting is episode 14?! It has not yet healed ever since.

 

One thing that I like from this adaptation is that it elaborate more on Li Chen Lan injury than the novel (understandable since the novel is from Zhao Yao POV). I get the feel that the injury is getting worse here in the drama (based on my limited mandarin ....). Right now Zhao Yao is still torn between worry or happy that he got injured. I hope when Zhao Yao is finally sure of her feeling, we can see her caring side more. In the novel, the plot moving very fast. I am not satisfied with their loving time and they have separated again .....:wacko:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, pad-hari said:

What is this video about?  And why is he hurt badly in the back?  Is this coz of ZY? Can somebody explain?  Is this for upcoming episode? 

Cr: as tagged

 

Omg!!! @fancia TKS for the video.  They are so sweet!!!!:kiss_wink:

 

This scene was in a past episode( ep19 ). Li Chen Lan was injured getting Zhao Yao the sword she requested from the magical island in the middle of the sea.

 

It took  me a while to figure this out but,  regarding why Jiang Wu gave Zhao Yao/Zhi Yan some rocks, in literature  a strong love is often compared to being stable as a rock. The handkerchief with embroidered mandarin ducks Zhi Yan made for him is supposed to represent romantic love. Zhi Yan probably thought Jiang Wu was (falsely) promising to be her rock so she (falsely ) replied that she reciprocated his feelings!

  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..