Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

Assuming the previews are not from a dream or something silly like that, then they are diverging from the book in the sense that

Mo Qing found Zhao Yao's body. In the book her body wasn't found. I am not sure if that will have some impact on the future of the story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Assuming the previews are not from a dream or something silly like that, then they are diverging from the book in the sense that

Hide contents

Mo Qing found Zhao Yao's body. In the book her body wasn't found. I am not sure if that will have some impact on the future of the story.

That makes sense.

Spoiler

They've diverged from that because we see her body in that ice cavern or whatnot that Zhi Yan stumbles into and 'wakes' her up from due to broadcasting censorship (I think?). I'm interested in how her body will be stolen by whom I'm guessing will be QQX.

No lie, that bit where you see him find her hand... oh, that pathos. This is the sort of angst I am here for because it's supposed to be a HE.

• Like 2

Finally the story starts to spice up with our "evil" supporting male is showing up more often. And looks like ZY finally got something from the "ghost" market to see what happened on the day of her dead. 

Anyone knows if this Drama is dubbed? If not the crying of XK wasn't very convincing for me. He can tear up beautifully but everything before lacked pain and desperation in sound AND visiuals. Okay, he is still young and can get better in that way. B)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, BikiLee said:

That makes sense.

Reveal hidden contents

They've diverged from that because we see her body in that ice cavern or whatnot that Zhi Yan stumbles into and 'wakes' her up from due to broadcasting censorship (I think?). I'm interested in how her body will be stolen by whom I'm guessing will be QQX.

No lie, that bit where you see him find her hand... oh, that pathos. This is the sort of angst I am here for because it's supposed to be a HE.

That actually follows the book imo, so it has nothing to do with censorship.

56 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

Finally the story starts to spice up with our "evil" supporting male is showing up more often. And looks like ZY finally got something from the "ghost" market to see what happened on the day of her dead. 

Anyone knows if this Drama is dubbed? If not the crying of XK wasn't very convincing for me. He can tear up beautifully but everything before lacked pain and desperation in sound AND visiuals. Okay, he is still young and can get better in that way. B)

Drama is dubbed per 90% of Chinese dramas out there. His voice is by 杨天翔 who does a bunch of anime dubbing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Drama is dubbed per 90% of Chinese dramas out there. His voice is by 杨天翔 who does a bunch of anime dubbing. 

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. The voice actor is good but that scene IMHO wasn't well done by the actor, voice actor AND the director. But proably I'm the only onewho wanted to be this key scence more passionate than all 3 of them together :lol:.

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

That actually follows the book imo, so it has nothing to do with censorship.

Spoiler

I thought Zhi Yan knocked her head at Zhao Yao's 'tombstone' in the book? Yes, her body is the ice cavern in the books and the show, but I thought her spirit was just roaming around the 'tombstone' in the book. Esp since Zhao Yao is a separate body, linked to Zhi Yan in the show, unlike being a wandering spirit that manages to possess Zhi Yan in the book.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BikiLee said:

Previews for 17/18
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av44012727

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av44014378

Welp, I'm ready for my heart to bleed. 

I saw this last night.. and I feel pained for MQ..

Tbh, I can understand why ZY  can't forgive something that she consider a betrayal.. the reason she turns out this way was because she once trust the wrong person and paid a heavy price... 

But for me, the audience, knowing how sincere MQ is to her, his acceptance that ZY hates him makes my heart bleed for him too...   Ahhh this sweet puppy.......:tears:

Still, I understand, this story is after all zhao yao's journey.. and aside from her journey to accept Mo Qing's sincerity.. its also her journey of returning to her old self... not the She-Devil Zhao Yao, the Sect leader.. but returning to the kinder Zhao Yao that we, (and Mo Qing) know from the start of the story... 

During the course of me reading the book, I sometimes think that Zhao Yao is very lucky that all her schemes to take revenge on Mo Qing didn't work.. lol... and I think none of her plan will work in the drama too.. lol..  

Anyway... I'm all for jealous, and full of vinegar Mo Qing  :D

Tagging @UnniSarah :P 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My favorite posters from this week....

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

They are so beautiful :tears:

The first one is for valentine..  :heart:

Dzq5VQMVAAAom53.jpgDzq5VQMUYAAQC0c.jpg

This is for last nights episode :D 

DzsitwoUYAAVEEo.jpg

And This one is for Today's Lantern Festival :D

006SaC51ly1g0blaj1ywdj30u01hcjzb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel that lots of you here live in whole different time region from me. Your chats all happen when I am sleeping :D.

@usagi1997 I agree that the scene is lacking. But in my opinion, it is not about unconvincing cry. The cry is quite alright ..... but the whole scene just failed to exude a devastating feeling. We kind of get it that Li Chen Lan is sad, but we cannot feel that he is devastated until the point he wants to do suicide. The emotion just not get transferred to us.

I am actually quite critical when watching a devastating sad scene (thanks to Zhu Yi Long, my standard in this type of scene is forever ruined). But surprisingly this scene does not disturb me as much (unsatisfied yes, but not until the point I get frustrated). Perhaps, I already saw how sad Li Chen Lan was in previous episodes. There were lots of scene before that show how knowing that Zhao Yao hate him and want to take revenge on him hurt him so much. So in a whole, I get it that Zhao Yao death is a big deal for Li Chen Lan. This guy does not have any self-preservation as long as Zhao Yao is in the topic.

@lynne22 I always feel pained for Li Chen Lan ever since the beginning. He got this one sided love for years, yet he did not force his feeling to Zhao Yao; for him, being able to watch her was enough. And then we have this miss-understanding and Zhao Yao claimed to hate him and want to get revenge on him ...... I feel that Li Chen Lan will be fine with Zhao Yao killing him. He just endure all the pain alone. That is why I hope we will get lots of sweet lovey dovey moments between the two in the future, in exchange for all this pain we feel right now :D

Regarding Zhao Yao, in my opinion she thinks that she does not need a man in her life. After her failure with Luo Ming Xuan, she has this barrier that block everyone to enter her heart. She becomes cold hearted and thinks the worst of thing. She immediately thought that Li Chen Lan betrayed her. It was not in her mind to think otherwise. In the novel, the moment when Zhao Yao finally opens herself to be protected by Li Chen Lan is a very important moment in her life. Because it means that she finally allows herself to love Li Chen Lan.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually think that his reaction is really appropriated for their relationship, though it might not be the reaction you wanted/feel. She basically doesn't even know he exist after becoming the leader of the sec, while he only see her in passing by. They don't have any sort of personal affection. The dubbing kind off throw it off here, but I do like this voice actor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, xienrue said:

@usagi1997 I agree that the scene is lacking. But in my opinion, it is not about unconvincing cry. The cry is quite alright ..... but the whole scene just failed to exude a devastating feeling. We kind of get it that Li Chen Lan is sad, but we cannot feel that he is devastated until the point he wants to do suicide. The emotion just not get transferred to us.

I am actually quite critical when watching a devastating sad scene (thanks to Zhu Yi Long, my standard in this type of scene is forever ruined). But surprisingly this scene does not disturb me as much (unsatisfied yes, but not until the point I get frustrated). Perhaps, I already saw how sad Li Chen Lan was in previous episodes. There were lots of scene before that show how knowing that Zhao Yao hate him and want to take revenge on him hurt him so much. So in a whole, I get it that Zhao Yao death is a big deal for Li Chen Lan. This guy does not have any self-preservation as long as Zhao Yao is in the topic.

I think that scene is acceptable because Mo Qing and Zhao Yao was never in a relationship at that point. It's always been an unrequited love situation for Mo Qing. He repressed a lot of his feelings because he recognized Zhao Yao did not care beyond just being someone in her clan who she can use as a pawn, and he also felt he was not a good match for her because he was weak and pathetic and ugly (he talks about how ugly he thought he was in the book a bit).

He had major self-esteem issues that never got fully resolved. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, xienrue said:

Well...you are quite right. Probably my focus was too much on the cry. It totally missed the devasted vibe. I really liked how they made her see the scene. If he was more devasted she proably would have believed it too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

In a very small way... I'm reminded of Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation. 

Anyways, here are next week's Monday's previews:
Preview 21: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av44221331

Preview 22: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av44226484

Is the acting the best? No. Is the script/editing top-notch? No. Am I enjoying this? Heck yeah! Sometimes I just want some angsty melo and intense male-lead devotion with a HE in my drama-life. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

On 2/19/2019 at 5:21 AM, arcchidus said:

Reveal hidden contents

This scene is in ep 18 and is an illusion caused by the demonic aura in a cave. The aura seems to cause people to see their worst nightmares or experiences.

Spoiler

Li Chen Lan dreams of finding Zhao Yao’s body and using his sword on himself but realizes it is an illusion because he saw the necklace on her body. In the real version of events, he only found the necklace. Zhao Yao actually sees him crying over her body and thinks perhaps he loved her but she is still in denial.

Zhao Yao’s nightmare is about being so poor at the ghost market she can’t even afford a cup of tea. In the nightmare/illusion she gets arrested because she couldn’t pay!

Si Ma Rong relives his tragic romance with Yue Zhu and how he failed to save her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, therewillbeddl said:

Why is there a gap between the ending of ep 18 and the start of ep 19???

There are 3 different versions of ZHAO YAO because of the editing style. WEB (iqiyi, mango tv, youtube), TV, and DVD version. 

There is a gap in between ep 18 and 19 in the youtube version but the TV and DVD formats show the scene. 

I understand if there are cuts and edits in the TV version due to the airing time which (usually) what happens in the other dramas. However, ZHAO YAO TV version seems to have the longest episode and preview durations. The web version usually cuts the last 5~10mins short. The DVD version is even shorter. 

You can try searching up the DVD version, or wait for iqiyi's ep 18/19 to become available to the non-vips they might include that scene.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

There are 3 different versions of ZHAO YAO because of the editing style. WEB (iqiyi, mango tv, youtube), TV, and DVD version. 

There is a gap in between ep 18 and 19 in the youtube version but the TV and DVD formats show the scene. 

I understand if there are cuts and edits in the TV version due to the airing time which (usually) what happens in the other dramas. However, ZHAO YAO TV version seems to have the longest episode and preview durations. The web version usually cuts the last 5~10mins short. The DVD version is even shorter. 

You can try searching up the DVD version, or wait for iqiyi's ep 18/19 to become available to the non-vips they might include that scene.

Yeah holy crap why did they do that? I just don't understand why they would cut more in the web version. :/

• Like 2