[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

48 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

It was surreal to see Ji-An with the gang at Jung-Hee's. This place is like the inner sanctum. Him bringing her here is making her a part of his family.

Her willingly coming was a huge thing, right there. When she said that if she was re-born, she wants to be born in this neighborhood, my heart just wrenched. She found her home. HE is her home.

I already feel like I've gotten everything I wanted. (Am I delusional? Tomorrow we will know.)

My only hope is that they don't kill off grandma. There is no much that needs to be worked out in the final ep, they just don't need this. So I really hope the call from the nursing home is Kwang-Il trying to get in touch with Ji-An or something.

Key bread crumbs:

CD called him to pick up Jian 

Granny entrusting Jian to DH

It's like those two people knows that DH is responsible for Jian now. They are like elderly parents entrusting their daughter to the man she loves and partner in life.The other key point when his brothers saw Jian, right away they both picked up their phones calling him frantically. When DH sat down with her at the table with friends, the level of contentment in DH's eyes was saying that they could stay and be this way forever. 

However, I won't delude myself that it can be anything more and will brush it as DH being the "most compassionate altruistic Ajusshi in all of South Korea" :lol: He is just being a nice neighbor that's all. Nothing to see here folks. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

WOW, I love this beautiful terrible thing called 'My Ahjussi'.

Did not log on to soompi for an entire day because I did not want to taint the process of enjoying / lamenting the second-last episode. It seems like a bomb (of utter disappointment) has exploded here!  

I liked the episode, though as usual it made me sad and happy in equal parts. 

Loved it when DH acknowledges Ji-An's part in front of his friends: 'She made me director'. That was a very very cool moment. Wish that scene could have been longer with more conversation or at least more quiet time for the two leads. It would have been fun to see them finally relaxing, drinking or talking in the middle of a crowd.

Loved the three conversations DH had with his cellphone! Loved everything that happened from the cinema till DH brought Ji-An to JH's house / bar. Loved the casual intensity of both DH and Ji-An's monologues: 'Thank you, Thank you, for being by my side' and 'Ahjussi, your sound, I liked everything you said and did. Footsteps.' 

(Of course, he HAD to infuriatingly call her a 'little girl' again......and he calls her a child? in preview?!)

The end of wiretapping felt like the death of a person - the silence after the 'uninstall' was deafening. I did not like it (though of course it was necessary and about time!), nor the fact that Ji-An and DH did not have a single walk together in the episode. Something very fundamental seemed missing, just because I'd gotten used to the damn walks!

Hopefully, the focus of episode 16 will NOT be on police investigation or CEO nominee - because that is NOT the post-healing part! - Instead, I hope the episode shows more bar scenes between DH and Ji-An, more walk scenes, more conversations, and that more time is spent on showing these two together than anyone else. We deserve them a bit longer, even if the writer / director have decided they don't deserve to be in each other's. In fact, we deserved an entire episode full of just DH + Ji-An scenes. 

Lovely, lonesome, bittersweet, amazing drama. For the record, I liked everything and everyone in it.

As for series ending, this drama has already ended in 3 different ways in 3 previous episodes - all of them, including the Ep.15 ending, could have been THE END. The only ending they haven't done yet, is the one they probably won't give! (Watched preview: I guess Ji-An will get her hugging request completed this time around. Is it in DH to go in for a kiss yet? I don't like him walking alone but maybe that's also a point - having the courage to walk alone). 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, hushhh said:

Still

If they have no romance that is fine but if he stays with JH then ill drop this show from a 10 to 8 and be pissed at the ending , if its open ended ill also be pissed. 

3 hours ago, aisling said:

There’s a term

his character did like a 180 its stupid. 

2 hours ago, mujay said:

@ninaanin, daebak, your post  profoundly said it all.

How com

i agree they diminished the last like 14 episodes with this one episode.. 

38 minutes ago, hunkybellpepper said:

you hit the nail on the head you had people telling DH that Ji An likes him and his friends kept asking him if he liked her and he never really said no..

If they show does not confirm what he thought of her they were baiting us along hard.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

Key bread crumbs:

CD called him to pick up Jian 

Granny entrusting Jian to DH

It's like those two people knows that DH is responsible for Jian now. They are like elderly parents entrusting their daughter to the man she loves and partner in life.The other key point when his brothers saw Jian, right away they both picked up their phones calling him frantically. When DH sat down with her at the table with friends, the level of contentment in DH's eyes was saying that they could stay and be this way forever. 

That part was hilarious. I loved that. It was so funny when Ki-Hoon got connected first, and Sang-Hoon looked so defeated.

I loved when DH said to JA, "It's been a while." Like, hey, let's play this game where we pretend we don't know that you live upstairs, okay? *wink*

--

Anyway, just to work out what I recall from the ep:

Yoon-Hee said that Ji-An can come clean to the police and get probation, but they will need PDW to sign off on it. Like, have him agree to not press charges or something?

The Chairman promised to speak to PDW, to hire him back as Director, and to help convince him regarding Lee Ji-An.

So I think that is what will happen. Kwang-Il will hopefully come through with the recordings so Joon-Young won't be able to blame Ji-An for everything.

I do hope the legal stuff does not take up the entire episode. But they will (and should) deal with it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I want to translate this because I thought it was so funny. And more than anything, it just made me feeling like everything will be all right.

It was a "healing" scene for me. :D

Title: Active engagement of crazy betch Nara who is jealous of Lee Ji-Eun's flower-like beauty (And finally, the truth about the Chairman's granddaughter)

First thing is that DH slightly smiles at Yu-Ra as she runs by and says hello. Does anyone remember how DH ignored her when they met ONCE before and people freaked out? ("Why doesn't he like her?") Even just a little smile is a huge thing in this show.

The gang is fighting about tuna.

Everyone welcomes Yu-Ra and she says she came running all the way from the intersection. Then she disappoints everyone when she says she missed Ki-Hoon. She notices that Ji-An is new.

Jae-Chul: She worked at Dong-Hoon's company, she lived in the above neighborhood, and now she is one of us.

Then he asks her to sit and have a drink.

Yu-Ra: It's been a long time since I saw a woman wearing no makeup. I know what your style is. You're a pretty girl who doesn't know she is pretty. It makes me anxious for you, but satisfying for me. (sing-song) I hope you never know how pretty you are, never, never...

Jung-Hee: Hey, she needs to be wrinkled up again.

Ki-Hoon: I gave her too much love.

Yu-Ra: Want to be my little sister? I have a lot of clothes. It's all expensive.

Ki-Hoon: How do you know how old she is to talk down to her?

Yu-Ra: I'm 100% right that she is younger. I'm 31. What about you?

Ji-An: 30,000 years old.

Jung-Hee: Oh, you're the one who was 30,000 years old. Nice to meet you, I'm 40,000 years old.

Sang-Hoon says something about being 50,000 years old?

DH walks in.

Jae-Chul: Jung-Hee invited her in as she was passing by. Looks like our Dong-Hoon wasn't such a bad boss, that she comes to visit his regular drinking place. I'm moved.

DH: It's been a while.

Jae-Chul: Do you know that DH became a Director?

Ji-An: Yes.

Jae-Chul: Wow, she knows that. Usually, people don't care if their old bosses become the president or the chairman...

DH: She is the one who made me one. A Director.

Jae-Chul: What is with everyone? Is everyone speaking in code today? 30,000 years old? 40,000 years old?

And how can she... ?

And the guys exclaim that she must be the chairman's daughter. That she was "undercover."

Both DH and JA smile.

--

And I *DIE*.

• Like 12
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 2

OK guys,  I am going to Dramafever to watch episode 15 with subtitles.  Wish me luck. I was going to wait until Friday to watch both episodes with a nice glass of wine but I can not wait...Oh what the heck I will watch episode 15 with a glass of wine....Here we go...

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, ninaanin said:

I hope I will be one of those putting my foot in my mouth :D 

@ninaanin me too. I would be more than happy not just to put my foot in my mouth but to eat it too.  i just want to be proven soooo wrong in episode 16. :D

1 hour ago, hunkybellpepper said:

:( W-what is happening...

I was going to watch episode 15 as soon as I woke up this morning, but then I decided take a look at this discussion first. Seeing all your comments convinced me to watch both episodes 15 and 16 on Friday... lol. 

I don't think I've ever felt so strongly about a pairing before? I honestly don't mind if they don't actually end up together, but if the drama switches gears and insists in the last two episodes that their connection has been... purely... a symbiotic relationship—a mutualistic one at that—completely devoid of love and passion... I will definitely mind. @ninaanin—exactly! If Ji An's feelings are played off as a crush and Dong Hoon's whatever-the-heck-feelings are played off as nothing but pity and care for a "daughter-like" person in his life... oh my god. Please. 

I just don't understand! Why was it... sort of... implied by the other characters that there was something more between JA and DH if the drama seems to want to end it with "and they were nothing more than two people fated to help each other." Why did his brothers sort of tease him? Why did Do Joon Young see the two as being all lovey-lovey for each other? Why did Jung Hee hear Ji An's words as a confession of sorts? Why did they ever allude to love even just once my heart can't take it! I don't understand why they didn't have DH reject Ji An explicitly in the first place. I don't! under!stand!

I'm being too emotional... I should be more openminded about the fifteenth episode since I haven't even seen it... I should be more openminded about the ending since it hasn't even aired yet! Goodness me I will go reflect. :D 

@hunkybellpepper  I know, right? Like I said, I will take a sad ending for as long as it won’t downplay everything that occurred before and it’s consistent with the way the characters were developed and the way the whole story played out in the previous episodes.  Although I haven’t seen the subbed ep 14, I’m just concerned over some scenes that I have seen.  I just don’t want Ji An to be patronized and her feelings trivialized. It would be a great insult to the way her character was developed.  And I want Dong Hoon to finally speak up clearly now once and for all on what he wants to do with his life and complete his character’s cathartic journey.  If he decides to take the high road with his marriage and forgive Yoon Hee for the sake of what they had and for his son and family, then let him say so and make him live with it happily.  I may not agree but at least he’s made a conscious decision in his personal life.  If he decides to stop making a sacrificial lamb of himself and finally live his life and truly be happy, then show him doing that, whether it’s with Ji An or alone.  If he can’t face all his demons head-on, his character’s journey in all of the previous episodes would have been for nothing.  Just please make him stop with the analysis paralysis. I love Dong Hoon’s character but he can only brood and be conflicted for so long.  Any longer and he’ll just be a coward.  Please don’t do that to him, writer and PD.  I’d gladly eat my foot if you surprise me in episode 16. :)

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, nearsea said:

I'm sad that they even made yoon hee talk to ji an through the phone. That's like ji an and dong hoon's precious territory, how can they just make her invade it haha. Sorry if that sounds shallow.

I RAGED (how dare they??!!!) and I think that scene affected my viewing of episode 15. 

Drama Milk translated it as: Sorry JA, call me. Me or DH as soon as you hear this, just call us.

US?!! Gurl, there is no 'us'!

The knot in my tummy that's been there since this weekend has been untied but now, I feel like I'm dragging myself to watch episode 16. Sigh. 

The 'confession' still feels flat (without subs), and if I may just add, that I wish they'd fixed the camera on DH's face. Every time he choked up, they re-routed to JA's face, and I think that robbed us of important details. Like @rellea, I too am desperate, and keep looking out for tiny crumbs like some beggar...  For instance, @ the bar with the gang & JA, DH looked around around the table, and he had a look on his face that says: This feels right. Remember the bar celebration scene? He looked around, and it seemed everyone but him was happy. 

And I dunno, having re-watched some of the scenes, I also still feel there's a big difference in how JA's been portrayed. Suddenly, she seems very child-like, especially when pitted against YH.  

However, in the absence of subs (although, come to think of it why do we need words? haven't they always shown us the feelz?) I'm finding comfort through a- DH's expressions b-  @justamom's analysis and @chickfactor's "It's going to be okay. More than okay, it will be gorgeous."

I know the ending will be glorious. I just... YH threw me off. UGH. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

So many feelings right now. I'm so tired. Where the subs at?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

I RAGED (how dare they??!!!) and I think that scene affected my viewing of episode 15. 

Drama Milk translated it as: Sorry JA, call me. Me or DH as soon as you hear this, just call us.

US?!! Gurl, there is no 'us'!

The knot in my tummy that's been there since this weekend has been untied but now, I feel like I'm dragging myself to watch episode 16. Sigh. 

The 'confession' still feels flat (without subs), and if I may just add, that I wish they'd fixed the camera on DH's face. Every time he choked up, they re-routed to JA's face, and I think that robbed us of important details. Like @rellea, I too am desperate, and keep looking out for tiny crumbs like some beggar...  For instance, @ the bar with the gang & JA, DH looked around around the table, and he had a look on his face that says: This feels right. Remember the bar celebration scene? He looked around, and it seemed everyone but him was happy. 

And I dunno, having re-watched some of the scenes, I also still feel there's a big difference in how JA's been portrayed. Suddenly, she seems very child-like, especially when pitted against YH.  

However, in the absence of subs (although, come to think of it why do we need words? haven't they always shown us the feelz?) I'm finding comfort through a- DH's expressions b-  @justamom's analysis and @chickfactor's "It's going to be okay. More than okay, it will be gorgeous."

I know the ending will be glorious. I just... YH threw me off. UGH. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

So many feelings right now. I'm so tired. Where the subs at?

My feelings too: when I first saw that scene, it seemed as she was saying "let's help this poor kid, and then let's keep living together yeobo". She said too times "yeobo" if I'm not wrong. Everything sounded so naturalized, that it feels like they are happy being unhappy lol, since the are together. 

But I will watch with subs. You can see at: dramafever or dramanice.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Watching it live last night, but why do I feel empty, seems like am I watching their same drama? The episode feels like disconnected lol! I don't know we're almost at the finish line but why is DH feels like there's no healing at all, seems like it got worst, everyone YH, JH  telling DH that Ji An likes him even Ji An telling him in person that she likes him, but what's on DH mind? Will JiAn be just like the temptation that DH mention? Did I hear YH calling DH "yeobo" coz I cringe omg! Really? I'm frustrated lol! Mollaaaaa, They should just make this drama a makjang then :blink:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, ccl82 said:

Whatever happened to his iconic satchel? No more baggage?

Or directors just don't need bags?

@ccl82  I think he’s been issued a service car and a chauffer now.  Hence, no need to lug his bag around.  He just leaves it in the car. Hehehe.   :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

When you watch with sub, the mood is twisted in right path.

So Jian feeling toward DH, is public secret now :)

One more episode i still can't guess where is the story will end tonight , all oportunity ending is fine, but please the best conclude must DH need to convey what a kind relationship between him and Jian.

And please give that  pity angel a hug!! 

• Like 7

D***n. It’s morning in my part of the world and we have a team meeting with the boss.  How am I going to concentrate if all I can think of is watching the subbed episode??? 

This drama is ruining my life. And I’m a sucker for it.  Crash and burn. Crash and burn. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

Sorry for butting in right in the midst of your discussion of ep15. I stopped reading at the top of page 177 when @justamom signaled, "It's started! Let's go!" (Thanks for the warning). I won't get to watch ep 15 for 5 more hours or I might wait until Saturday to watch eps 15 and 16 together. So, I'm not reading anything here until later.

I just had to thank @arsdf for fixing my mistake about which song IU wrote for JSH. I recalled that she wrote a song for him but got the songs mixed up. This drama is making me mixed up (or maybe I'm naturally mixed up). So she wrote a song for his album and he is singing a song on her drama.

Also, I wanted to respond to @africandramalover and @justamom. I so respect you both for persevering in a tough profession and doing what you love! Fighting!!! Hope to see your works one day!

@tiger457_stv I liked the original 'Il Mare' and 'The Lake House' both but probably 'Il Mare' more. Someone on a site like this recommended it to me along with the Korean films 'Ditto' and 'The Classic' and the Japanese films 'The Letters' and 'Train Man'.

Again, sorry for the intrusion and comments not about MA. Hope you all enjoyed ep. 15

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, popai5 said:

Sorry for butting in right in the midst of your discussion of ep15. I stopped reading at the top of page 177 when @justamom signaled, "It's started! Let's go!" (Thanks for the warning). I won't get to watch ep 15 for 5 more hours or I might wait until Saturday to watch eps 15 and 16 together. So, I'm not reading anything here until later.

As someone who got greedy, I say to you...  wise decision.  All will be well. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Just watched it with subs through Dramafever.

The confrontation fell flat but not that bad after watching it with subtitles: DH was hurting because someone as young as Jian is capable of protecting him with her whole body (YH's description) against JYD and those corporate bastards. How can someone that young can love someone so selflessly? So he will try to live a happy life and not be broken anymore because he cannot allow to see her hurt because of him. It was a poignant scene that clearly states "I will be happy just don't disappear"

In terms of YH getting involved, it was a pure act of desperation from DH's side because he couldn't find Jian. He needed to include YH because she is indeed the root of all this problem. So the decision of revealing the affair is not only his to make but also YH's because she will be more affected by this ordeal. DH was so desperate that he even let YH speak into the phone to reassure Jian that it will be ok to come out of hiding. But yeah I get it, that woman holding the symbolic phone is just ruining the mood:angry:

DH is trying to protect Jian from going to jail even making amends and finally playing politics with the chairman. There was a certain level of protectiveness in DH's face when the chairman asked to have Jian see him after the case is over. He was overly worried as if the chairman will kidnap her or worst offer her marriage:lol: Talking about age gap right there!! Makjang twist. 

The womance between Jung Hee and Jian is just so beautiful. That's right round of applause for women loving each other in kdramaland. I am glad that Jung Hee feels less lonely and Jian making her sleep well at night. So cute. I noticed that Jian looks happier staying in the bar. Sweetie just stay forever if you like.

Is episode 15 the calm before the storm? It started very intense and with DH running, beautifully shot, but overall it feels like a filler episode until the grand finale. A lot of filler scenes like the brothers and their ray bans. So what now? DH back to square one not deciding on anything regarding the logistics of how to be happy. I am afraid half of episode 16 will be about Jian's case and the corporate stuff as if we have enough time for it. The writing is so centered on Jian that they forgot to develop DH's character effectively. He is coming across as forever indecisive and this is already at 95% of the drama. Aigoo.. I'm keeping my expectations very low on this one.. I have already given up on analyzing DH's words and will just brush it off as him being the most compassionate altruistic kind Ajusshi in the whole k-dramaland. The man needs to talk in simple direct words here not over-analyzation of life and overly stating things. For the first time, DH is seriously getting on my nerves.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2