[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

12 minutes ago, mylovelystar said:

Recorded vid projected in the theater

Can’t hear a thing!

that dark suit looks suspiciously like a funeral outfit...

live broadcast has started on my feed! Ads now...

31 minutes ago, Alex Dooley said:

so y'all I'm parkdonghoons on Tumblr...... I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE LIVE EPISODE!!!!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE WE ONLY HAVE 2 LEFT :( GLAD EP 16 IS 90 MINS LONG.... I COULD WATCH PDH + LJA FOREVER <3 

Welcome! We love your Tumblr over here!

• Like 3

Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

Short recap from me: PDH told LJA he knows everything, and he’s fine with it. Call me. But she runs out….and goes to call Ki Beom instead.

He's gone to look for the payphone. LJA is right there! I think she's going to make a run...

He's looking frantically for her....but she's gone....

:bawling:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justamom said:

I'm checking with my friend on the other one, but I think Jin-Gol means royal family. Basically he's blue-blooded, from the privileged class.

https://namu.wiki/w/진골

OMG after days and nights of thinking about the show the end is almost here! I can' believe it's Wednesday already. I'll be live-watching, anyone else with me? I need to concentrate really hard on listening, but I will try to post some  live updates here if I can!

Reading live recap. The livestream sucks for me, dunno why.

10 hours ago, justamom said:

Yes that's why I need to do a major rewrite! I had a seminar recently with an acclaimed writer and she talked about building tension, and I was watching My Ahjussi at the same time and realised I got it all wrong! Tension isn't about throwing drama/events in one after the other, it's the sloooow, slooowwww build-up of every day, mundane things like...eating....drinking....and walking home in the night after work....and then... BOOM!

Remember when SH was talking to JH about KH & YR in episode 12? 

Sh pointed out that they didn't even go through stages of courtship to relationship. 

Then JH said, only beginners go step by step. And for a man and woman, it just happens out of the blue. 

Someone mentioned here before that DH & JA are probably each other's first love? So I guess the eating, drinking, walking home, are all tiny steps for the newbies then?   :heart: 

• Like 3

Rewatching the premature farewell scene from episode 14,  several things stand out:

1) even when her emotion is in turmoil, Ji-an thought clearly.... she said her phone was broken so he won't call her and rile up her  emotion...and the urge to call him back.  She pretended that he just found out about her past (you would throw a farewell party to a murderess?) from the interview. 

2) Ajusshi when he breath or sigh, makes loud noise.... so if they ever will be together, she will need a good earmuff at night.  At least he does not seem to snore.

3) That WARNING: ELECTRICITY was filmed deliberately!

4) Ajusshi is not in habit of saying saranghae left and right... Doubt that he ever said that to his spouse.

Then the dialogue between Ji-an and CEO was quite chilling...  She  spoke in a calm voice about sarin (murder) to CEO, eyeing his cutlery...with her fascination for cutlery, she seems like  a coldblooded and scary girl.  Ajusshi better be nice to her.  As calm and cold blooded as she is, one doesn't know what she would do if riled up!...then sarang (love) can become sarin (murder)!  Scary girl, scary Korean Language!

The voting scene for Directorship is priceless.  The expression on Director Yoon then later on CEO faces are indescribable...shock, disbelief, overwhelmed and finally resignation....with 3 defections it was 7 to 3 as  the rats jump from the sinking ship! .  Hahahah!

This must be the feeling of Ishida Mitsunari (nominal leader of the Western Faction) at the famous Battle of Sekigahara where thinking he will win at the beginning, he faced overwhelming defeat at the end due to defection from his rank.....!!!!

The emotion on the face of the 4 engineers who worked together is great!  Tear of pure genuine joy!!!  They probably were all shunted by upper management to this team 3.  Note that team 3 only has 4 engineers while the other 2 teams have 9 each!   No wonder they work well together,  comrades in battle.... the 4 engineer musketeers!!

A promotion to directorship should be a joyful moment.....then why does the train ride home seems so lonely, Ajusshi?

• Sad 2

Spoiler
7 hours ago, fauna said:

You’re very welcome! He certainly is such a talented actor, and an all-around nice guy. I’ve watched most of his dramas in the past, and checked out MA because of him. He’s always charming, and what a voice! I never expected MA to become my most favorite work of all he has done though. What a surprise. If you can find it, he is also good in Taereung National Village as the second lead who gets his girlfriend stolen from him by Lee Min Ki.

Here are some adorable pics of him and IU laughing together over what the director said during the press conference.

Awwww.  They really are lovely together.  I really hope they do another project where the script calls for them to smile and laugh. :)

Eep. I said I wouldn’t come here until the subs come out.  (I will not look at spoilers...I will not look at spoilers...)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Why this...why they just talk..talk..and talk..does we not enough consolation time..gezz no hug soompier:bawling:

This drama turn me no where, the healing season is longer than they should be done:confused::bawling:

HEALING dear soompier h e a l i n g:bawling:

• Sad 3