[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Hi everyone, 

So I just stayed up past midnight to watch the episode subbed after avoiding spoilers and I'm so disappointed we didn't even get a hug nor a confession.. when he ran to her my heart almost left my chest man!! But he was like let's visit your granny and go to the police and I'll be happy oops ajhussi get urself together! This drama is killing me :bawling: they shouldn't have shoved those pieces of hope of a romance development right to my shipper delulu face its not fair!!! 

I'm so sorry I guess it's gonna be my first and my last post in here, I'll just go back to being a reader and enjoy your awesome posts and insights ..

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, cautionelectricity00 said:

Hi everyone, 

So I just stayed up past midnight to watch the episode subbed after avoiding spoilers and I'm so disappointed we didn't even get a hug nor a confession.. when he ran to her my heart almost left my chest man!! But he was like let's visit your granny and go to the police and I'll be happy oops ajhussi get urself together! This drama is killing me :bawling: they shouldn't have shoved those pieces of hope of a romance development right to my shipper delulu face its not fair!!! 

I'm so sorry I guess it's gonna be my first and my last post in here, I'll just go back to being a reader and enjoy your awesome posts and insights ..

No please continue posting! It is comforting to know someone’s thinking exactly what I am when watching this.

• Like 5

I watched episode 15 raw while reading the translation. All I can say... I AM DISAPPOINTED with this penultimate episode. All the emotional built up from the previous episodes esp my favourite episode 14 was ditched down the drain. 

The reunion between JA and DH that we were so excited about felt anti-climactic at all. Suddenly the writer made a 180 degree turn with the relationship between DH and JA. Suddenly DH seeing JA as nothing more than a child and JA seeing DH as a human she admire??? And what kind of healing is he talking about when that is actually forcing himself to be happy. 

I don't need a happy ending, I want a realistic ending. An ending that stays true and organic to the plot. 

I think I will just pretend the last two episodes (if its further going downhill with the plot) never existed and just savouring the wonderful memories up until episode 14.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

SPOILER ALERT...EPISODE 15

So. I watched episode 15.  I loved it.  It was better than I had anticipated.  A couple of things that I noticed ****SPOILER ALERT

1. DH's wife told him about Jian that "she wanted to protect you with all her being".  I may have misquoted but it was something like that....It just surprised me and made me feel warm inside that she would say that to him...He seemed pleased and she seemed comfortable mentioning to him.

2.  When he went to the neighborhood bar after work...or so and he came in and it was just so natural for him to sit next to Ji An...and everyone seemed so comfortable with him sitting next to her and it just seemed like the right fit...she also mentioned that she was 30,000 years old(not sure about that--it was in the subtitles and it was my 2nd glass of wine--I wish it had been soju)

I must say that I am hopeful that the end of this drama will be satisfactory; perhaps...no balloons...or rainbows or u-turns...but a comfortable warm in the chest-comfort in the belly kinda of ending for DH and Jian.  That is what I wish for......  Goodnight... I wish I could watch episode 15 again but I have an early morning meeting......

• Like 11

I just wanted to point out...to many of us we have been waiting for days and days on end because we are watching the show live, so for us anticipation and tension is at its peak.

But in show-time it’s only been three days! Three days since Dong Hoon’s non-breakdown break down in front of his brothers and his confession —“she is the one who helps me breathe.”

I mean I don’t see how you can say these things about someone - she helps me breathe, whatever you do doesn’t matter, when I think about you hurting I hurt too—without being completely and fully in love with him/her. They are unquestionably the most important persons in each other’s lives. And that moves my heart. Deeply.

The sneak peek scene is quite a bit later - no overcoat, late spring/early summer weather. So — give them some time folks, give them some time. It’s only been three days. But what a long three days it’s been.

PS @cautionelectricity00 Welcome!! Noticed you a couple of days ago. Love your nick

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, philosophie said:

No please continue posting! It is comforting to know someone’s thinking exactly what I am when watching this.

Thank you.. when I first started watching the drama I had no idea about the story apart that the production team kept saying it's not romantic which I was totally ok with! LSK and IU had this super chemistry from episode 1 but I had to ignore it not to get my hopes high for them as a couple and then the story started taking a turn where JA fell for him (I mean who wouldn't ) and he started caring way too much about her, glancing at her, waiting for her... I had to calm myself because he has a quiet personality and is bad at expressing his feelings so maybe with time he'll reveal what he truly feels for her! I can't believe episode 15 ended and he hasn't gotten a divorce and we still have no clue about what he's feeling... I feel betrayed I have been bearing as a devoted viewer the same weight and pain with him all this time and related to his character so much and all we got was "I'll be happy" ?! No man get to action and show me you're happy , get a damn divorce and show me you're happy !!

Anyway I still love this drama so much I've been suffering at work from lack of concentration because of it.. we're getting a hug in tomorrow's episode but I'm not that excited about it anymore. The scenes with the brothers with the sunglasses and a fancy car fantasies made no sense to me tbh. 

At least JA is now opening to people and the world she's so precious!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, popai5 said:

I just had to thank @arsdf for fixing my mistake about which song IU wrote for JSH. I recalled that she wrote a song for him but got the songs mixed up. This drama is making me mixed up (or maybe I'm naturally mixed up). So she wrote a song for his album and he is singing a song on her drama.

Your welcome @popai5 actually JSH did sang one of Moon Lovers OST "Wind" too in 2016

• Like 2

Ok. After watching with sub, I think I'm with my half foot in my mouth :D. Hope I will put my whole feet in my mouth tomorrow.

I think that we are back to the begin of episode 14, in regards to DH's leting us be sure about his feelings. @timidjock0819  you're right. He seems still very much at the same place as one episode before. And I think this is a flaw of the drama, imo: I think that at this time we have to see it clearly. On the other hand, I had stated myself that DH will never acknowledge his feelings for JA before episode 16, and that possibly at the end of this episode. So, maybe, my first impression will be the true one.

So, imo, we have as many posibilities now as then (begin episode 14, because at the ending of episode 14 and begin of episode 15 I was sure about an acknowledge of the romance). I think my frustation was because YH's convo with DH put me completely off, and the distant way with which DH dealt with JA's rencontre and confession felt, at first (and influnced by YH-DH's convo without sub), "cold". 

Something in the show that I think won't change, unless this writer is a psycho (lol):

- YH and DH won't be together. After the subs, I understood better the convo and the emotions at play. I think YH let it clear that JA loves DH, and this one was really not worried about the wife, not really interested in her. Then, when they were discussing about the "process", he said: "Thank you". lol A husband wouldn't say thank you to a wife as if she was a third part. And the answer: is a way to pay back my error. So, if the writer is coherent, this marriage has no possibility to continue. Second: DH still refers to his life as pathetic and pitful, he doens't considers himself "healed" (because, can't be unless he is with his soulmate for real hehehe). 

Few observations that made me hope:

1. KH and his girlfriend said two things very importante:

- He said that DH doesn't say things clearly (Is that an alert to us: fighting! lol)

- She said it was a long time ago that she saw a WOMAN without mkup. This: a woman, finally someone say that. BTW, she is more than 10 years younger than KH, lol. Age gap is a family trait :) .

2. I think DH is really happy in the bar, with JA and their secret lol. But JA has no idea whch are his intentions, so she is really sad. 

3. When DH ran to see JA he looked like a man in love. In many moments througout this episode I saw the longing and despair of a man in love in DH when he was alone, but when with her he is really hermetic. The only time he showed something was in the bar. He looked happy and relaxed. 

So, I'm still delusional and I'm still seeing romance. Hope my delusion comes true :wink: .

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

Friendzoned.  Purely Compassion... ?

I think I can concede to that.... provided DH will DIVORCE  YH...

If not... I will definitely avoid the future works of this PD /Writer/ tvN production, never again.

:angry:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, justamom said:

I just wanted to point out...to many of us we have been waiting for days and days on end because we are watching the show live, so for us anticipation and tension is at its peak.

But in show-time it’s only been three days! Three days since Dong Hoon’s non-breakdown break down in front of his brothers and his confession —“she is the one who helps me breathe.”

I mean I don’t see how you can say these things about someone - she helps me breathe, whatever you do doesn’t matter, when I think about you hurting I hurt too—without being completely and fully in love with him/her. They are unquestionably the most important persons in each other’s lives. And that moves my heart. Deeply.

The sneak peek scene is quite a bit later - no overcoat, late spring/early summer weather. So — give them some time folks, give them some time. It’s only been three days. But what a long three days it’s been.

PS @cautionelectricity00 Welcome!! Noticed you a couple of days ago. Love your nick

@justamom  Am doing pushup... 3 minutes of pushup is a long time.  3 days is an eternity!

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, danielassny said:

I watched episode 15 raw while reading the translation. All I can say... I AM DISAPPOINTED with this penultimate episode. All the emotional built up from the previous episodes esp my favourite episode 14 was ditched down the drain. 

The reunion between JA and DH that we were so excited about felt anti-climactic at all. Suddenly the writer made a 180 degree turn with the relationship between DH and JA. Suddenly DH seeing JA as nothing more than a child and JA seeing DH as a human she admire??? And what kind of healing is he talking about when that is actually forcing himself to be happy. 

I don't need a happy ending, I want a realistic ending. An ending that stays true and organic to the plot. 

I think I will just pretend the last two episodes (if its further going downhill with the plot) never existed and just savouring the wonderful memories up until episode 14.

This is how i feel this 180 on 15 episode so random i hope 16 can save  it.

1 hour ago, cautionelectricity00 said:

Thank you.. when I first started watching the drama I had no idea about the story apart that the production team kept saying it's not romantic which I was totally ok with! LSK and IU had this super chemistry from episode 1 but I had to ignore it not to get my hopes high for them as a couple and then the story started taking a turn where JA fell for him (I mean who wouldn't ) and he started caring way too much about her, glancing at her, waiting for her... I had to calm myself because he has a quiet personality and is bad at expressing his feelings so maybe with time he'll reveal what he truly feels for her! I can't believe episode 15 ended and he hasn't gotten a divorce and we still have no clue about what he's feeling... I feel betrayed I have been bearing as a devoted viewer the same weight and pain with him all this time and related to his character so much and all we got was "I'll be happy" ?! No man get to action and show me you're happy , get a damn divorce and show me you're happy !!

Anyway I still love this drama so much I've been suffering at work from lack of concentration because of it.. we're getting a hug in tomorrow's episode but I'm not that excited about it anymore. The scenes with the brothers with the sunglasses and a fancy car fantasies made no sense to me tbh. 

At least JA is now opening to people and the world she's so precious!

exactly we want him to be actually happy not forcing him self to be happy. 

Friendzoned.  Purely Compassion... ?

I think I can concede to that.... provided DH will DIVORCE  YH...

If not... I will definitely avoid the future works of this PD /Writer/ tvN production, never again.

:angry:

agreed

• Like 8

After episode 15 subbed....

I  saw a man who was tormented and desperately trying to find Ji An.  That evening he almost found Ji An and when he got home instead of holding it in he went into Yoon Hee’s home office and ended up telling Yoon Hee about it.  Even if Yoon Hee doesn’t really want to she is helping because it is what she owes him.  She honestly told Dong Hoon how JI An cared for him with her whole being when she herself did not. And it shamed her.

Dong Hoon received the call from the garbage collector man that Ji An was there.  Dong Hoon ran full out like his life depended on it to get to her.  His face was full of emotion.  When Dong Hoon arrives he stops at the door to gain his composure before entering.  Do you have to compose yourself to talk with someone you have no intimate feeling for....NO you don’t.  She means that much to him.  His declaration that he couldn’t live if he thought she was in pain, for him, was a love confession.

Dong Hoon takes Ji An to Jung Hee’s bar and Jung Hee will be her host until she goes to the police station to turn herself in.  Until then, Ji An is treated like family and one of the regular group.  

Dong Hoon comes the next evening and sits next to Ji An and gazes at her (in a ...I want to drink in your presence kind of way).

Dong Hoon couldn’t move or breathe without Ji An where he could see her.  He was willing to expose his dirty laundry and the embarrassment that would cause to save Ji An.  So he found her and brought her back.   My sense is that he was so desperate to get her back that he has had no time to process his feelings.  He has to have time to think and feel...and will do that now that the desperation of getting Ji An back is over.  Dong Hoon as an introvert is a deep thinker.  He will sort it out.  If the monk does come back for Jung Hee it will give Dong Hoon license to begin living his life.  Yoon Hee should make a mercy departure.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, danielassny said:

Yes I agree. @Wotadactually mentioned DH went a complete 180degree retarded in this episode. I will reserve my full judgment until tomorrow but episode 15 is such a disappointment and out of touch with the rest of the entire episodes. It will be hard for me to erase the stench to even be happy with a consolation hug or an open ending. The first 14 episodes were just a beauty of art and perfection that the bar of expectation is high for them deliver either a heartbreak (rejection) or an epic swept us off our feet (confirmation) in this episode. Instead what we got is compassion and pity. It is becoming a PSA for it takes a village to raise a child... geez let me gag.. 

Just like you, if the quality will continue to go down the drain, I will be happy just to savor the 14 episodes and leave it there. At least my shipper heart got up to 90% and that should be enough. 

1 hour ago, ninaanin said:

I think I'm with my half foot in my mouth :D. Hope I will put my whole feet in my mouth tomorrow.

I think that we are back to the begin of episode 14, in regards to DH's leting us be sure about his feelings. @timidjock0819  you're right. He seems still very much at the same place as one episode before. And I think this is a flaw of the drama, imo: I think that at this time we have to see it clearly. On the other hand, I had stated myself that DH will never acknowledge his feelings for JA before episode 16, and that possibly at the end of this episode. So, maybe, my first impression will be the true one.

I hope I will also be the other person that will put my feet in my mouth tomorrow. I am seriously hoping they will prove me wrong. DH is in danger of becoming a character that lacks strong convictions. A nice guy but also spineless. I don't think they can salvage it anymore in my eyes. Unless, this production will go all the way and make them kiss like real people do in their suppose time jump... which is impossible and I will never expect it. 

@cautionelectricity00 welcome! pls keep on posting your thoughts

@berny I am waiting for the ending because I want to give it a chance to tell the full story. If it remains lackluster and obviously did a bait and switch with the viewers, then just like you I will blacklist  Kim Won Suk and Park Hae Young. This schizophrenic mess is really on them and not a reflection of the incredible lead actors of the show. 

• Like 13

Seeing from the comments many Soompi members are impatient to see more open declaration of love affection etc...   that what has been seen is very mute.  Please realize  that Ji-an is in big trouble since she committed a serious crime that can land her in prison.

Engineer is demonstrating how much he care for her by doing everything he can to resolve her problem, finding her shelter, etc.....  this is not a time for declaration of any sort.

Would you prefer the cliché "I don't know what will happen, but I promise we will be together for ever,  after prison, won't we be parted.... so let us do have some skinship so we can remember this tender moment when you're incarcerated.  Don't worry I will buy lots of tofu for you!!"

He needs to keep her from prison, then deals with all of his baggage before he has the luxury to clarify the most important matter:  THIS POOR GIRL THAT HAS SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR HIM... CAN HE TRULY CORRESPOND HER AFFECTION/LOVE....CAN HE MAKE HER HAPPY WITH ALL THE BAGGAGE HE STILL HAS?   Ordinary men would promise the world,  then deliver nothing.

An old fashion GENTLEMAN would NOT DO ANYTHING TO HARM THE ONE HE CARE ABOUT, OR PROMISE WHAT HE CANNOT DELIVER.  HER LIFE UP TO NOW WAS RUINED, WITH HER REBIRTH HE CANNOT DESTROY HER YOUTH AND A CHANCE FOR HAPPINESS IN THE FUTURE!   A selfish man will leap, the wise engineer hesitate, analyze,  plan a solution, before he answer her question:  Can I hug you just once?   His thought is  probably:  if I hug you once, I may not be able to let you go!!!!

…. so the last thing he must answer to himself:  Am I the right man for her????

The PAIR are not selfish,  and would die for the other's happiness!!!  which is why they ultimately will be together!.... or together with a small boundary!  Because after what they've been through, they will never be separate again..  One farewell is enough....

At least Ji-an has been accepted by the GANG and Dong Hoon's brothers!

Soompi members, what is the most important people in Dong Hoon's life:

1) his wife  2) his mother/family and the Gang?

By being accepted by the GANG, she has a chance to be accepted by Dong Hoon's mother.... This great opportunity allows the PAIR to spend time with each other, while helping each other through the most difficult part.  the last episode will be a whirlwind!!!!!

PS:  Do Soompi members realize she is half way into Engineer's house???

• Like 19
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

Some are starting to "swear" on those who created this ride... Well, since scarlet heart, i've learn to just let that expectation plummet. Let's go to nothingness. Let's pray that this roller coaster ride will not be tainted by a crappy ending. Ohm ------ ^3^

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been curious and furious about something for a long, long time also..

So this is also another rant on a related matter...

Spoiler

LOCAL VIEWERS  vs.  INTERNATIONAL VIEWERS

Well we really don't count at all right... since ofcourse their priority is their local audience (majority of them), those who dictate on them on what, and how they make their characters behave, and how they write or twist storylines for. 

International viewers "opinions" point-of-views do not count at all right???  yeah like why would they even bother about what we think right? WHO ARE WE TO THEM ANYWAY.  Because I've been watching Kdrama for a long time now, but let-downs, frustrations, disappointments happen over and over and over again.  The last drama project of LJE was really as devastating , most of the overseas fans then sent requests, clamors, but all of that fell on deaf ears.  So after that for over a year I never watched a Kdrama again and has never been in Soompi discussion for over a year too...  I only got back for MA ... honestly mainly because of LJE .

And wow all over again when this ends into a disaster,  it just proves that audience other than those they serve locally are really totally insignificant to them after all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1