[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Another point to note:

When Dong Hoon arrives at the bar and sits (comfortably? Contentedly?) next to Ji An, he says. “It’s been a while” and Ji An gives him THE LOOK :ph34r:

he’s obviously saying it for his friends. What happened between them will stay between them.

Sang Hoon, obviously, eyes them suspiciously...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ninaanin said:

I am not hoping anything. To me, the worst end will happen: he will stay with YH and be forever like mentor/friend/father to her. Unfortunaly, I think they gave in to pressure/prejudice. In other words: the ending will be not related with how the story has being told. I'm not surprised at all, it isn't the first time that a drama is wonderfull during 14 episodes, and the, the last two is bad (lol, I have a very bad and bitter experience with My love Eun Dong).

I'm sad, because I feel frustrated. 

too am so frustrated right now...just like you said ep 15 doesnt match the previous episodes, its like the writer wanted to make all DH’s ambiguity disappear all of a sudden..he is so different...i dont even know what to say

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, timidjock0819 said:

If we even get that far my friend, it sounds like this show was too afraid offending their domestic audience. After the time skip (judging from the spoiler pics), the only acceptable conclusion is a brand new beginning for DH and Jian finding one another again and acknowledging they are each other's destiny. Otherwise what is the whole point of having a time jump if they will just part ways? Just let the show resolve in real time with Jian's case, GI and JYD behind bars, and have everyone gather at JH's bar, dancing, singing, and laughing etc.. then the end. 

Ditto. I am already expecting a worst case scenario that DH will stay with his wife.  And I agree, this show finally cave in to the pressure. What a waste isn't it? I guess the prejudice knetz, kdrama feminazis, and the controversies possibly won the battle after all. The intense build up of longing between DH and Jian with their words piercing our jaded hearts from episode 1-14, all of a sudden seems like DH just being an all around compassionate altruistic man. Ah ok.. thanks? :huh: Where should I send my donation money to this Ajusshi? 

I agree about the dust settling first because there are still so many issues between DH and Jian that needs to be resolve that I don't think 1.5 hours finale is enough time. ** keeping my fingers cross** that this show will give a satisfying ending but not as optimistic about it anymore. 

Yeah, this it what I felt. Just a perfect human being who is so selfless and good that he is capable to do things that normal/real people won't do. That longing from 7-14 episode is just ... compassion. What?  Well, this is what I get in DH expressions from episode 15. I just think that DH and his friend took the path from each other: DH should be the monk (look he even doesn't need satisfy his basic needs, he can stay forever with his wife without touching her), and the frind should live with JH. 

From episode 15, DH comes up as an unrealistic man to me, because this saint wasn't what they were showing to us. I could understand that DH, despite his feelings for JA, would choose to not stay with her because the implications; I could understand he choose his wife despite his feelings for JA. But it is really difficult to understand that what has being showing as deep love suddenly appears as deep and saintly compassion. It is my judgement from what I saw, from the raw. Maybe the subs change my view.

18 minutes ago, MinAeRin said:

too am so frustrated right now...just like you said ep 15 doesnt match the previous episodes, its like the writer wanted to make all DH’s ambiguity disappear all of a sudden..he is so different...i dont even know what to say

This. He comes up very different from before.

• Like 9

After being ambiguous most of the time and pretty obvious about his feelings sometimes, drawing a line in the last episodes??!! REALLY???!!!!!!!!!! I swear...

Chib-saram??? Look at this man calling YH his wife in front of LJA...and when he says « when you know someone, no matter what they do it doesnt matter » Oh so you mean since you know your wife even if she cheated it doesnt matter? Waaaaaaah..i didnt know I would be disappointed like this, i really didnt know!

the writer just played me..i feel like I have been cheated on..

i want to believe that this is the ultime denial effort by DH before admitting his feelings, but why cant i convince myself?

Like someone else said, the monk can break his sermon and go back to JH but DH cant be in love with JA?! Or it can actually be even worse, like the monk giving flowers to JH to just apologize and then going back to the temple.....

then all the guys in this drama would just be complete asssholes...what a waste of time and acting talent that would be..

he had romantic feelings for JA all along for sure but because of all the controversies we will get a crappy end. Thank you netizens, ruining dramas and people’s joy...well netizens even push people to suicide...compared to that, this is nothing

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

There’s a term for what happened in episode 15. 

It’s called being FRIENDZONED. Yes, our Ji An was friendzoned by her ahjussi.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we should stop dreaming now. This ship will never sail. Though we’ve been told there’s no romance I still feel tricked because of the way their interaction was executed. I was hoping up until episode 15 but now I won’t delude myself anymore. 

At least Ji An found her fellow sufferer - she and Jung Hee can comfort each other after DH and his monk BFF friendzoned them. <_<

86_CDE3_B2-_AC7_E-4_D75-856_B-_B906248_D

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 6

Well, I did not successfully get on my submarine, and enjoyed Ep.15 very much.

What is this lack of hope for the shippers? The ship is cruising. Do we need kissing and back hugs to visually punctuate? It's all about words. And the words... are smoldering.

Stay strong, chingus, it will be fine.

4 hours ago, justamom said:

So......hold your horses everyone. Hold your horses.

4) I think DH needs to sort out Ji An's case first and he needs Yeon Hee's help. Once that's cleared, they can decide what to do next between themselves. Given what Yeon Hee knows about Ji An's feelings towards Dong Hoon and what she's done to protect him, compared with what she's done....even if DH does nothing I think she'll be too ashamed to stay in the marriage. And that family! I mean, you've got to remember they've been married 12, 13 years. He's not going to kick her out immediately. Plus they have a son.

5) The preview: OMO OMO! Yeon Sang Won going to Jeong Hee with flowers!!!! What's this all about!!! @chickfactor you called it!!! Even if they don't end up together, even if he just apologises for being a jerk...wow! wow! And surely, that must move Dong Hoon as well. Hey! He's not such a dumbo, he knows how to buy flowers!

6) The number one, two and three upvoted comments on Naver for that preview: "Hug her!" "Please hurry up and hug her!" "If he doesn't hug her...!"

We got a far deeper emotional confession here than I ever expected. To me, Dong Hoon expressed the greatest love he possibly could, within the confines and restrictions of who he is: a conservative, reticent, married man. He said he wouldn't care about what others think anymore, or about being humiliated -- because for her, he will become happy.

Now, a hug tomorrow would be nice....:lol:

Yes, I called Jung-Hee & Sang-Won. I am an all-knowing sage.

Just kidding, but it made sense to me, just like Ji-An and Dong-Hoon makes sense to me.

Like @justamom said, "hold your horses."

It's going to be okay. More than okay, it will be gorgeous.

As @justamom translated, the scene at Choon-Dae's when he finally found her was a full-blown, heart-pounding confession of LOVE. He will become happy FOR her (spoken), thus he will become happy WITH HER (implicit).

She understood. When she wept after hearing his words, she made that clear. They know each other. They get each other. They're finally breathing the same air, on the same page.

It will be fine.

Things are at limbo right now. He is still married, his job situation is still not settled because once all this gets out, it will be a mess. There is a lot to sort out right now. No time for hugs, Dr. Jones. But it will happen in time.

The Chairman is Dong-Hoon's ally. I LOVE it. He is a thoughtful man who does not deal with BS. Turns out he pretty much knew EVERYTHING including JY and YH's affair. I told you, he has his ears on the ground. He's on Dong-Hoon's side and even promised to help Ji-An. It will be okay. He was on the edges of action all this time for a reason.

I do want to point out that DH, when he spoke to the Chairman, offered to quit his job, because it was his home life that contributed to the mess that damaged the company. The Chairman requested him to think about it, and that he didn't want to lose DH.

So there's a conversation that we never saw: Ji-An spoke to Dong-Hoon about Kwang-Il. That when they were young, Kwang-Il was a kind boy who carried Ji-An home after she was beaten to a pulp by his father. They both hurt remembering how kind they used to be each other, and DH comments that both their lives were ruined by a bad adult (Kwang-Il's father). Even though we knew some of this, seeing it play out was just... :dissapointed_relieved:.

And Kwang-Il will do right by Ji-An, in the end.

And it looks like Ki-Bum was there, too, also with a bloody nose. Is he Ji-An's brother or cousin? Anyway, looks like he's always been around, living with Ji-An since childhood.

I love that Ji-An is hanging out at Jung-Hee's. I hope she stays there for a while. Dong-Hoon, when sitting with Ji-An and the gang told them that Ji-An was the one who made him Director. And Jae-Chul joked outside that in that case, Ji-An must be the Chairman's granddaughter. LOL! Meta joke.

I'm glad the car accident wasn't that bad. It looks like she broke her arm. It was just enough to get these two back together, but not life-threatening. Thank goodness! (Now, no funerals and no tofu please.)

I love Yu-Ra's loopy dialogue. "You're a pretty girl who doesn't know she is pretty. I hope you never find out!" Ha ha, such a funny girl. She's the only girl who can control anger-ball Ki-Hoon.

I love Sang-Hoon. Only he can come up with that Hong Kong gangster fantasy. So awesome.

--

Some dialogue that I recall:

Yoon-Hee told DH: I knew by intuition that she liked you. She protected you with her whole body. And that hurt me enough to make me want to die, even more than (the affair). ... I think she endured it all by listening to your voice.

Yoon-Hee knows they are meant to be together. She knows her husband. It hurts her to admit it, but she knows and she accepts.

Again, this marriage is dead. I just feel the need to say that yet again, because too many people are interpreting them continuing to live with each other and help each other as a sign that this marriage is viable, and I'm telling you, no.

But they are, and will remain each other's allies forever. YH will do whatever she can to help DH sort out this mess. She will take responsibility and help both DH and JA.

It's really lovely, actually. That even from the worst, most unimaginable mess that happens in life, you can, if you try, find some kind of grace and mercy and figure out how to make things right. It will be bittersweet for both of them, of course, but that's how it goes.

Joon-Young is crapping his pants for real now. But even he will be okay. He will be shown grace and mercy in the end, too.

This story is so touching because it's about the the greatest love just like @justamom said. This love is so great that it will overcome all the usual obstacles, it is transcendent. You'll see.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Well, I did not successfully get on my submarine, and enjoyed Ep.15 very much.

What is this lack of hope for the shippers? The ship is cruising. Do we need kissing and back hugs to visually punctuate? This is not that kind of relationship. It's all about words. And the words... are smoldering.

Stay strong, chingus, it will be fine.

Like @justamom said, "hold your horses."

It's going to be okay.

As @justamom translated, the scene at Choon-Dae's when he finally found her was a full-blown, heart-pounding confession of LOVE. He will become happy FOR her (spoken), thus he will become happy WITH HER (implicit).

She understood. They know each other. They get each other. They're finally breathing the same air, on the same page.

It will be fine.

Things are at limbo right now. He is still married, his job situation is still not settled because once all this gets out, it will be a mess. There is a lot to sort out right now. No time for hugs, Dr. Jones. But it will happen in time.

The Chairman is Dong-Hoon's ally. I LOVE it. He is a thoughtful man who does not deal with BS. Turns out he pretty much knew EVERYTHING including JY and YH's affair. I told you, he has his ears on the ground. He's on Dong-Hoon's side and even promised to help Ji-An. It will be okay. He was on the edges of action all this time for a reason.

I do want to point out that DH, when he spoke to the Chairman, offered to quit his job. The Chairman requested him to think about it, and that he didn't want to lose DH. Well, things are up in the air now, at least when it comes to the job.

So there's a conversation that we never saw: Ji-An spoke to Dong-Hoon about Kwang-Il. That when they were young, Kwang-Il was a kind boy who carried Ji-An home after she was beaten to a pulp by his father. They both hurt remembering how kind they used to be each other, and DH comments that both their lives were ruined by a bad adult (Kwang-Il's father). Even though we knew some of this, seeing it play out was just... :dissapointed_relieved:.

And Kwang-Il will do right by Ji-An, in the end.

And it looks like Ki-Bum was there, too, also with a bloody nose. Is he Ji-An's brother or cousin? Anyway, looks like he's always been around, living with Ji-An since childhood.

I love that Ji-An is hanging out at Jung-Hee's. I hope she stays there for a while. Dong-Hoon, when sitting with Ji-An and the gang said that she was the one who made him Director. And Jae-Chul joked outside that in that case, Ji-An must be the Chairman's granddaughter. (LOL!)

I'm glad the car accident wasn't that bad. It looks like she broke her arm. It was just enough to get these two back together, but not life-threatening. Thank goodness.

Joon-Young is crapping his pants for real now. But even he will be okay. He will be shown grace and mercy in the end.

I love Yu-Ra's loopy dialogue. "You're a pretty girl who doesn't know she is pretty. I hope you never find out!" Ha ha, such a funny girl. She's the only girl who can control anger-ball Ki-Hoon.

I love Sang-Hoon. Only he can come up with that Hong Kong gangster fantasy. So awesome.

I so hope that you're right. Not because I'm a shipper, but because I really like this drama and will feel my self robbed of a great drama. As I said, it is not because I see romance everywhere, it is because I feel it here. And, from DH's expressions (I can't understand korean), I fell it was thown away in episode 15.

My greatest fear is the love expressed, felt and confessed by JA be down played to be a teenager crush, and then when she become more mature, she will see that it was only a crush or a hero worship kind of feeling. This will be so ..... At least, let JA live her love, even if unrequited, with dignity, beauty and romance.

And yeah: I'm not ashamed of the word "romance". Why this word become so shameful, why it became synonimous of shallow feelings? Why physical love become dirty and something shallow? If romance is heart and sex, so romance is one of the most beautiful and wonderful thing that there exist in this otherwise shallow world.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MsMinnieFran said:

I going to reserve all comments and judgement until I watch 16...let the writer finish telling her story. :)

Edit.: That way I won't be one of those putting their foot in their mouth ...if it comes to that.:tongue:

I hope I will be one of those putting my foot in my mouth :D 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Well, it looks like they did a text preview for the finale. Here it goes, for the last time :dissapointed_relieved: :

http://program.tving.com/tvn/mymister/10/Board/List

Dong-Hoon goes with Ji-An to visit her grandmother at the nursing home before he takes her to the police station.

On their way back, he entrusts Ji-An with Yoon-Hee at the police station...

Ji-An submits to police investigation with Yoon-Hee's help.

Joon-Young is with his own lawyer and tries to put all the blame on Ji-An.

As a result, the situation becomes bad for Ji-An...

In the midst of all this, someone calls for Dong-Hoon from the nursing home...

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

I so hope that you're right. Not because I'm a shipper, but because I really like this drama and will feel my self robbed of a great drama. As I said, it is not because I see romance everywhere, it is because I feel it here. And, from DH's expressions (I can't understand korean), I fell it was thown away in episode 15.

My greatest fear is the love expressed, felt and confessed by JA be down played to be a teenager crush, and then when she become more mature, she will see that it was only a crush or a hero worship kind of feeling. This will be so ..... At least, let JA live her love, even if unrequited, with dignity, beauty and romance.

And yeah: I'm not ashamed of the word "romance". Why this word become so shameful, why it became synonimous of shallow feelings? Why physical love become dirty and something shallow? If romance is heart and sex, so romance is one of the most beautiful and wonderful thing that there exist in this otherwise shallow world.  

@ninaanin, daebak, your post  profoundly said it all.

How come they tried deminish the tense up between DH -Jian, oh okey, DH have so many barrier to reach Jian but still how the director even not give us a singel touch?? (She was sick, her hand is broken they must go to hospital) all that atempt is precious to show the skinship right? and we have nothing, other dramas brush up overloaded skinship when those accident occured

But We have NOTHING:confused:

By all means what the writer and the PD need to show ?? They  really have good sensses of pure sanity right?:confused:(waste their chimestry)

ye..ye..i knew this drama is about a words(romantic line, deep line, wise line etc..etc) but still....goodness my shipping heart...:bawling:

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

I just skimmed through the ep really quickly. Waiting until I'm done with all my work to watch the whole thing. I just couldn't concentrate without knowing.

I was expecting them not to give us anything clearly in the direction of romance but it was kind of disappointing how involved YH got and how Donghoon went back to being all casual with JA. She poured her heart out to you and was planning to live in a tiny room the size of a bathroom working menial, backbreaking jobs for the rest of her life just so you wouldn't be humiliated and all you have to say after getting her back is "I'm gonna go now"??? At least pat her arm or something!! Then again, he is the emotionally constipated, Dong can't-even-hug-his-crying-mom-back Hoon. It would have been really OOC if he started bawling and clinging to her the way I maybe wanted in a tiny corner of my heart.

They threw us some tiny crumbs though. Like when the directors were all gathered together talking about how JA was DJY's spy and the head honcho asks PDW (i think it was him) what DH felt for JA. DW says "He didn't know about the recording so..." HH: "So...?" And DW just shook his head and kept quiet.

Idk maybe I read too much into this scene. I admit I'm desperate.

And then the teaser for tomorrow's ep: "Can I hug you?"

Will we finally get our hug? I'll be satisfied with that. Just don't change their relationship into a father-daughter one please. :bawling:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Well, it looks like they did a text preview for the finale. Here it goes, for the last time :dissapointed_relieved: :

http://program.tving.com/tvn/mymister/10/Board/List

Dong-Hoon goes with Ji-An to visit her grandmother at the nursing home before he takes her to the police station.

On their way back, he entrusts Ji-An with Yoon-Hee at the police station...

Ji-An submits to police investigation with Yoon-Hee's help.

Joon-Young is with his own lawyer and tries to put all the blame on Ji-An.

As a result, the situation becomes bad for Ji-An...

In the midst of all this, someone calls for Dong-Hoon from the nursing home...

Well, here we go... JA erased all the recordings on her phone so the only way to prove that JY was involved is for Kwang Il to step up and show the police all recordings from KB’s computer... I guess by doing so he will ease his conscience a bit just like YH by defending JA. And that call from a nursing home must be about JA’s grandma death...

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Ep. 16 Video Preview

Dong-Hoon: There's a child who is the most pitiful in the world, but she says that she finds me the most pitiful.

Ji-An: I am grateful to you, Ahjussi.

Joon-Young: She did it all herself. To threaten me, to ask for money.

Ji-An (to Joon-Young): Why are you mocking me? Do you even know what it means for one person to like another person?

Sang-Won / Kyeom-Duk: There is no such thing as winning or losing. Everyone has their own lives to live.

Ki-Hoon: (singing something about being hurt? inaudible)

Yu-Ra: Let's love, let's love...

Dong-Hoon: To me, who you've never even embraced once ...

Ji-An: Fighting.

Ji-An (voice over): Can I embrace you once?

Dong-Hoon: Fighting.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

54 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

I hope I will be one of those putting my foot in my mouth :D 

I hope you will be one of those putting your foot in your mouth too :D:lol:.

Let us all relax, take a deep breath, and see what tommorow will bring. Save the stones till tommorow. Haha jk.

• Like 3

PDH has never once 'friendzoned' Lee Ji An. He's never admitted his undying love for her, true.... [not yet he hasn't, anyway] but neither has he said no we can't do that just be my pal. His feelings are deep and probably strange to him, as well all know he's not the best boi when it comes to his emotions/feelings or dealing with them...... but those who think he's friend zoned her pls @ me and we can have a nice little chat 

• Like 11

11 hours ago, MsMinnieFran said:

I hope you will be one of those putting your foot in your mouth too :D:lol:.

Let us all relax, take a deep breath, and see what tommorow will bring. Save the stones till tommorow. Haha jk.

My solution for whatever comes:

Image result for soju iu

It was surreal to see Ji-An with the gang at Jung-Hee's. This place is like the inner sanctum. Him bringing her here is making her a part of his family.

Her willingly coming was a huge thing, right there. When she said that if she was re-born, she wants to be born in this neighborhood, my heart just wrenched. She found her home. HE is her home.

I already feel like I've gotten everything I wanted. (Am I delusional? Tomorrow we will know.)

My only hope is that they don't kill off grandma. There is so much that needs to be worked out in the final ep, they just don't need this. So I really hope the call from the nursing home is Kwang-Il trying to get in touch with Ji-An or something.

--

In one of the tvN clip videos they call the Jung-Hee Gang the "Hoo-Gye Avengers." (They live in Hoo-Gye-dong.) I just thought that was funny and wanted to share that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Alex Dooley said:

PDH has never once 'friendzoned' Lee Ji An. He's never admitted his undying love for her, true.... [not yet he hasn't, anyway] but neither has he said no we can't do that just be my pal. His feelings are deep and probably strange to him, as well all know he's not the best boi when it comes to his emotions/feelings or dealing with them...... but those who think he's friend zoned her pls @ me and we can have a nice little chat 

That was my post. I hope you didn’t take it too seriously! It’s a coping mechanism for me, I’m just mentally preparing myself for a heartbreak that will probably come tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

On 5/16/2018 at 1:05 PM, aisling said:

LOL if the monk friend can go back to his ex-girlfriend after 20 years living in celibacy, why can’t DH be with JA?

If the monk was wearing his monk robes to see Jung Hee then it is more likely he is going to apologize and thats it, for him to go back to ex,  monk has to formally disrobe first just like DH has to divorce first to be with JA, first things first. Things have to get resolved and it seems that JA will get all the help she needs. 

• Like 6

:( W-what is happening...

I was going to watch episode 15 as soon as I woke up this morning, but then I decided take a look at this discussion first. Seeing all your comments convinced me to watch both episodes 15 and 16 on Friday... lol. 

I don't think I've ever felt so strongly about a pairing before? I honestly don't mind if they don't actually end up together, but if the drama switches gears and insists in the last two episodes that their connection has been... purely... a symbiotic relationship—a mutualistic one at that—completely devoid of love and passion... I will definitely mind. @ninaanin—exactly! If Ji An's feelings are played off as a crush and Dong Hoon's whatever-the-heck-feelings are played off as nothing but pity and care for a "daughter-like" person in his life... oh my god. Please. 

I just don't understand! Why was it... sort of... implied by the other characters that there was something more between JA and DH if the drama seems to want to end it with "and they were nothing more than two people fated to help each other." Why did his brothers sort of tease him? Why did Do Joon Young see the two as being all lovey-lovey for each other? Why did Jung Hee hear Ji An's words as a confession of sorts? Why did they ever allude to love even just once my heart can't take it! I don't understand why they didn't have DH reject Ji An explicitly in the first place. I don't! under!stand!

I'm being too emotional... I should be more openminded about the fifteenth episode since I haven't even seen it... I should be more openminded about the ending since it hasn't even aired yet! Goodness me I will go reflect. :D 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1