[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Is this the first time that the trailer of the upcoming episodes are of lighter / brighter colour than the usual dark and gloomy colour? 

What a beautiful drama.... I heart it and pains me that another favourite drama of mine is coming to an end. 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, MsMinnieFran said:

Episode 16 is upon us...everyone get your feet and your mouths ready :lol::D.

Happy episode 16 guys! I going to miss this show so much.

I am ready @MsMinnieFran:lol: Please show let me eat my words and prove me wrong. 

But more seriously, I am done with my rants from yesterday and no matter how this show ends today it was a beautiful ride in the first 14 episodes. I appreciate it for bringing me the character of Jian - my wounded pretty girl:(. The cast is also impressive with LJE and LSG providing their top notch performances. Overall, I had my disappointments but it was a good show. 

• Like 9

OST PART 8: Jisun - Forest

One last track to send us on our way to the finale! I'll be twiddling my thumbs while waiting for my copy of the OST album to arrive in the mail. crawls back into cave of no spoilers

Did Soompier here notice it, how hard DH restrain himself not to touch Jian hands while she cried and says "Ahjussi i just want you be happy"

Aah this Man seems our Jiani such treasure for him, he felt even just touch her hand he didn't have right to do so.:cry:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, snowdragon09 said:

Can someone enlighten me where the disappointment came from ?

Ep 15 doesn't deviate from the realistic flow. We all already know that they won't end up together. Imagine, it would be very weird if DH suddenly confessed that he loves her or kissed her......The show will lose its charm and become one of those trash romance drama.

But yes, he loves her. Truly.

Not expecting kisses. A hug would be great but I can do without either. 

I would not want him to kiss and swallow her face either because that would deviate from the characters that we have been so fond of all along. 

The one that got me pulling my hair is suddenly.... The writing made DH and JA relationship sounding like a father and a child. All 14 episodes been pointing to romance (a special kind of romance which is undescribable, uncomprehendable). When DH refers to JA as "a little girl" and JA justifying her liking on DH as a human she likes, I was mad. This is NOT ORGANIC to what we have been told about for the past 14 episodes. 

As I said earlier, I don't need a happy ending. I want a realistic ending, a natural organic one. Not an ending to please the public opinion but and ending to conclude what the writer intended to tell. 

The only scene I enjoyed in episode 15 is Sang Hoon's OTT imagination simply because Park Dong Hoon looks mighty1000xx hawt in all black suits and sunnies. :wub:

• Like 8

@mujay 

For many, the word Saranghae is spoken as a show of affection, of strong feeling, of even great infatuation.  However, to many the consequence of that word is not well thought out when it is spoken.

To some one older, wiser, an Ajusshi one may say, the word Saranghae does not only mean strong feeling, strong desire to be with some one, a strong... love, one may say.  It also means commitment to that loved one, duty toward that some one, a strong chemical bond with that some one.

For an Ajusshi Engineer of principle, to speak the word Saranghae, he must believe that these conditions are met:

1)  He must truly feel love for the other person....not lust, not middle life crisis infatuation, but some thing that is likely to endure.

2)  How he feels must be reciprocated by the other person, especially if she is young and vulnerable with possible hero worship, with infatuation, being grateful for what he has done for her.  What does the statement "you are the first person who did not run away after 4 meals..." sounds like to Soompi Member?  Is that a declaration of love, or of gratitude?  This reader is not sure!

3)  Can he provide for her, protect her, keeep her safe from the harms of the world??... This is the old fashion duty that Men is the  food provider, the one who protects the family, keeping it safe....The Norms of Mankind during 10s of thousands of years!...
until the 21st century, where because of the new economic dynamics...women have gained economic freedom, and many times become more successful than their men (lawyer is more successful than her spouse), and this old fashion ideal has gone away with the wind. 

But Ajusshi Engineer is a dinosaur, living in this 21st century.... He probably believes (like this reader) that Love means Protection/Provision/Performance.

Soompi Members remember how he did the house chores for his wife so that in her busy schedule (as if he is not busy himself), does not have to deal with these mundane matters....  Powerless he is to provide for her economically (she makes more than him).... this is his way of providing for her...the pathetic bower bird carrying a useless twig to his mate....!  The modern cave man reduced to cleaning the household for his successful spousal food provider!

In case of the vulnerable Ji-an, who is young, destitute, with so many issues of the world on her thin shoulders, the Don Quijote in rusty armor Engineer must fight the modern windmill:  The police, the corporation and the justice system on  behalf of his damsel in distress!...the modern equivalent of a fairy tale!

From episode 1 until 15, there has been a gradual development of affection between these 2 dispirited souls which slowly found each other, coalesce and grow under the surface ever stronger, to the point where they start to erupt from the cold surface, the facade that both try to keep. 

In episode 14, they sincerely said farewell, Ji-an realizing that it would be for the best of the other...but they failed!  During that time, the agony that is expressed on the hunched shoulder of Engineer, with his heavy sighs speak plainly.... he can't go on without her (presence).  Ditto for her.

But in romances, he has failed...every day staring at his failure, when he goes home.   He won't say saranghae, until he is truly able to freely say saranghae!

Episode 16, will tell us if he could???  Probably a time jump will be needed to resolve all this mess!!!

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

i haven't had the chance to watch episode 15 yet with subs but i can't wait.  will livestream this and good luck to me.  I hope I can still function properly by tomorrow.  :D

@akhenaten   This reader will be able to function at work...but may growl at his people, if the story did not go as planned!  hahaha

• LOL 1