[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

47 minutes ago, aisling said:

Just reading a live recap makes me cry buckets...

YH telling DH that JA is probably surviving just by listening to his voice... she seems to understand JA quite a lot.

@aisling  she may not be the best wife or mother, but she is a smart lawyer!  She knows and understand the capability of her opponent!.... It's time to bow out gracefully to Ji-an!

@mujay said:  Why this...why they just talk..talk..and talk..does we not enough consolation time..gezz no hug soompier:bawling:

They are in the hospital Mujay, any hanky panky and Engineer will be kicked out!

@akhenaten said "Eep. I said I wouldn’t come here until the subs come out.  (I will not look at spoilers...I will not look at spoilers...) "

Akhenaten is caught with her hand in the cookie jar! hahaha

@ccl82 said:  """Sh pointed out that they didn't even go through stages of courtship to relationship. 

Then JH said, only beginners go step by step. And for a man and woman, it just happens out of the blue. 

Someone mentioned here before that DH & JA are probably each other's first love? So I guess the eating, drinking, walking home, are all tiny steps for the newbies then?"""

This reader doubt that Engineer Dong Hoon has ever said Saranghae to his wife!  He is the type who only say what he feels.... Jo-ah is probably the best he could do for her.   With Ji-an, he probably feels saranghae, but hold it in...and breaths heavily!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Throw every theory into the trashcan.  Lol  I'm so pissed that they are making it look like there is nothing more there between them other than just sympathetic affection. And also now yoon hee is even helping ji an for her case? I guess dong hoon will be living with yoon hee after all. :/ 

Okay pardon the mini rant lol.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Throw every theory into the trashcan.  Lol  I'm so pissed that they are making it look like there is nothing more there between them other than just sympathetic affection. And also now yoon hee is even helping ji an for her case? I guess dong hoon will be living with yoon hee after all. :/ 

@nearsea  My Ajusshi is filmed in such tasteful, understated way (almost like some of old European films from the 1960s...(like un homme et une dame..a man and a woman)… so what ever ending is fine with this reader (except the father-daughter adoption).  The music choice is fantastic. No matter what, this is the greatest koreandrama that I've ever seen!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, nearsea said:

SAME HERE!!!

All the lovey dovey feelz seem to have been stripped off! And notice how JA  is suddenly treated like a kid?!! 

Whut is this lunacy??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

*Ok, so I need to re-watch with subs, and look at the little details. *havefaithhavefaithgahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

@nearsea  My Ajusshi is filmed in such tasteful, understated way (almost like some of old European films from the 1960s...(like un homme et une dame..a man and a woman)… so what ever ending is fine with this reader (except the father-daughter adoption).  No matter what, this is the greatest koreandrama that I've ever seen!

Haha. 

I differ a bit with you regarding whether this is the greatest kdrama in my book. Like any good book, a conclusion of a show is also important IMO. So the path to salvation, if the protagonists of this drama don't reach that point, I think I will be quite disappointed. I know to every viewer the definition of happiness for dong hoon, ji an will be different, but for me dong hoon still living with his wife as if nothing happened doesn't make any sense. I didn't expect this from a guy to whom honesty and sincerity are so important. But anyway, we have yet to watch ep 16, [ so many things are yet to be resolved], I should hold my judgment until that point haha. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

My Ajusshi is filmed in such tasteful, understated way (almost like some of old European films from the 1960s...(like un homme et une dame..a man and a woman)… so what ever ending is fine with this reader (except the father-daughter adoption).  The music choice is fantastic. No matter what, this is the greatest koreandrama that I've ever seen!

@tiger457_stv true, I am fine with whatever ending I anticipate the ending to be beautiful.... in whatever way the writer expresses it .... love of a man for a woman and vice versa

• Like 1

Ahw guys let's wait for the subs and see what's up. I'm just crossing my fingers for no fatherly relationship. That's weird lol. Here's a bit I 'translated' from the hospital bed scene. Such a powerful scene. I love Jian to the moon and back. I was in tears as she spoke.

Annnddd I'm no where near fluent in Korean so it may have some inaccuracies. XD

JA: Do you really not hate me?

DH: When you get to know a person, and get to know them more, it doesn't matter what you hear (?) about that person. I know you.

JA: Ajusshi's sound, I liked it all. Ajusshi's words, thoughts, (the sound of your) footsteps, all of it. I saw what a person was like for the first time.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I succumbed to the episode 16 preview and I don’t know what to think. Please, please, please don’t give me another PM&I kind of ending! 

I don’t mind if it ends sadly.  I don’t mind if it comes out like Lost In Translation. Just give me proper closure. :anguished:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3