[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

56 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I still cannot really understand how Ji An put it together that the CEO was trying to take down both Manager and Director Parks  at the same time and that the CEO was behind the bribery frame up, or even how she knows it was a frame up?   That isn't common knowledge in the company.    

I think she got this knowledge from a cleaning old man who seems to be very aware of company politics:D

In my opinion she will get rid of Director Park because he's not better person than CEO, but then change direction

and go against CEO himself. I don't think Ji An is immoral, when she was looking at PDH talking to his cheating wife over phone,

I saw a pity in her eyes, unlikely she will want to destroy him

• Like 8

19 hours ago, jongski said:

@bebebisous33@40somethingahjumma wanna give this a try? it's dark, and gritty/at times violent. Drama is from PD of Signal and Misaeng.

Hi @jongski

Thanks for thinking of me (I must be developing a certain reputation heh) and the shout out. I'll definitely give it due consideration especially if it's Signal's PD and IU's first drama after Moon Lovers. Sounds interesting. Can't get on board straightaway. :wink: Life's busy and there are too many dramas. :D

• Like 7

22 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I have to say this, after reading all the opinions online..... what's the big deal if the two leads have a loveline? I don't see any problem! If it works in the story, why not! It's just a drama.

Even the production are falling over themselves to reassure everyone that there's no loveline, to the extent of changing the character chart..... 

We're all adults here.

I would be THRILLED if there was a loveline!! .

I second that!!

Really don't mind if PDH and LJA are going to fall for each other. Because that possibility also reality. 

Reality that boys/girls attracted to older men/women. Older man fall in love with mature young lady.

Hope My Ahjussi's give us what they plan to deliver.

• Like 7

Hello Guys, may I join? The 2 dramas I was watching are done and I was surfing for the next drama to watch and found this. 2 episodes and I am in. This story involves, romantic dalliances, betrayal and corporate office intrigues and jockeying of the upper management executives for the highest company position, the Chairman. The present chairman is hospitalized and is expected to relinquish that position sometime in the future. The ones vying for the positions are Executive Director Wang and CEO Do Joon Young. They have set up 2 camps each camp filling positions with their own people. What is very interesting is what one of the followers of Director Wang said to one of the followers of CEO DJY. “what really hurts is when a person of the lower class tries to get ahead of someone belonging to the upper class. In other words, stay where you belong. This is the 21st century but there are those who are stuck in world of class and caste of the old world. So, the competitors are Wang who belongs to the upper caste of society and thinks he is entitled to take that position because of his social class standing. He seems to be a good friend of the present chairman. CEO DJY is a young, hardworking, talented, astute but ambitious and ruthless young man who rose to his position fast and Is accused of getting rid of his competition to reach his goals. Now that he is one step away from the coveted Chairman position, he made a big mistake. He tried to frame and rid of a manager who is not even aiming for his job but is a romantic rival. He is Park Dong Hoon, a manager in is firm and the husband of woman DJY is having an affair with. The woman whom DJY paid to help him frame PDH, did set up the frame and PDH got investigated by the firm’s security, but then set it up so that PDH gets his job back. The firm’s security officer suspects/knows that DJY set up the frame. The woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a temp office worker. In a conversation of the CEO DJY and LJA, she agrees to help JDY, 10 mil for each person. So far what we know of LJA, she is smart, especially street smart,  poor and supporting a sick grandmother and owes money to loan sharks?

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, uNiQueEkiX said:

I second that!!

Really don't mind if PDH and LJA are going to fall for each other. Because that possibility also reality. 

Reality that boys/girls attracted to older men/women. Older man fall in love with mature young lady.

Hope My Ahjussi's give us what they plan to deliver.

You know, I really hope the writer and director stay firm to their original vision of their story and not let this outside pressure alter their storytelling too much.  That is never a good thing for a drama.  But I am afraid a little bit of that has already happened. :(

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

CEO DJY is a young, hardworking, talented, astute but ambitious and ruthless young man who rose to his position fast and Is accused of getting rid of his competition to reach his goals. Now that he is one step away from the coveted Chairman position, he made a big mistake. He tried to frame and rid of a manager who is not even aiming for his job but is a romantic rival. He is Park Dong Hoon, a manager in is firm and the husband of woman DJY is having an affair with. The woman whom DJY paid to help him frame PDH, did set up the frame and PDH got investigated by the firm’s security, but then set it up so that PDH gets his job back. The firm’s security officer suspects/knows that DJY set up the frame. The woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a temp office worker. In a conversation of the CEO DJY and LJA, she agrees to help JDY, 10 mil for each person. So far what we know of LJA, she is smart, especially street smart,  poor and supporting a sick grandmother and owes money to loan sharks?

I think you summarized it very well.  I just want to add that at this point no one other than LJA knew who set up to frame PDH.  Not even Wang and his other executives knew that it was DJY who arranged for the bribe money to be sent in the first place.  And as far as I know, LJA also didn't realize the money was sent to PDH erroneously, it was supposed to go to Park Dong Woon, another senior executive on the other side of the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

I think you summarized it very well.  I just want to add that at this point no one other than LJA knew who set up to frame PDH.  Not even Wang and his other executives knew that it was DJY who arranged for the bribe money to be sent in the first place.  And as far as I know, LJA also didn't realize the money was sent to PDH erroneously, it was supposed to go to Park Dong Woon, another senior executive on the other side of the table.

Thank you, you are right, that frame money was meant for Woon not Hoon. And yes, no one knows where that money came from. Woon is now looking for the origin of that money and whom it was meant for if it was Woon or Hoon. However, JDY told his minion to try and pin it on PDH anyway and get him fired. Woon smells a rat and he looking for it which means that PDH will be in the middle of it all. Woon and Wang though suspect JDY, they hate him. According to them, JDY is ridding the company of his competitors. JDY also wants to rid not only of his competition at work but also his competition at  love.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Thank you, you are right, that frame money was meant for Woon not Hoon. And yes, no one knows where that money came from. Woon is now looking for the origin of that money and whom it was meant for if it was Woon or Hoon. However, JDY told his minion to try and pin it on PDH anyway and get him fired. Woon smells a rat and he looking for it which means that PDH will be in the middle of it all. Woon and Wang though suspect JDY, they hate him. According to them, JDY is ridding the company of his competitors. JDY also wants to rid not only of his competition at work but also his competition at  love.  

Right.  Isn't this great?  This company politics stuff is a pleasant surprise actually.  Usually corporate shenanigans are my least favorite things in a drama, but somehow the way it involves every character here makes me sit up and take notice of every detail.  I already knew coming into this drama that we will see characters going through pain and suffering, family dynamics of all kinds, maybe some romance between side characters, but never thought that corporate politics would be so much front and center, and our two leads are caught right in the middle.  I am thoroughly enjoying the ride.

• Like 3

Thanks to @liddi's brilliantly written post above, I'm in. :D Just finished the second episode and it has me hooked. I also have become disenchanted with the kdrama franchise of late but this drama is delivering on all fronts - good script, premise and acting. Yes, even IU. I have to admit I don't get the criticism of her acting that seems to do the rounds every drama she starts, but she's really top notch in this. Worth checking out people. 

Now when is Episode 3? :blink:

• Like 7

Ji Ahn and Park Dong Hoon carrying heavy burden.  This is really good dark drama. I happen to like the PD.  I don't know the actors but they're good! IU is gritty in this drama. Cunning and smart too.  Kwang Il ( character by Jang Ki Young) will get what he deserves.

Park Dong Hoon. I'm going really to feel bad for him once he finds out his wife is having secret relations with  Joon Young.

Edit:  oops dup twt update remove. sorry

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Ji Ahn and Park Dong Hoon carrying heavy burden.  This is really good dark drama. I happen to like the PD.  I don't know the actors but they're good! IU is gritty in this drama. Cunning and smart too.  Kwang Il ( character by Jang Ki Young) will get what he deserves.

Park Dong Hoon. I'm going really to feel bad for him once he finds out his wife is having secret relations with  Joon Young.

Edit:  oops dup twt update remove. sorry

I think I will feel even more sorry for PDH when he finds out that Ji An didn't dump the bribe in the garbage to help him - out of the goodness of her heart. And that she is setting him up for a fall to make 10 million won.  

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

he woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a

Hi  @zenya22   I don't get that DJY paid Ji An to set up the frame?  When did that happen?  I saw DJY talking and scheming with 

Director Yoon to set up the frame. Director Yoon called one of the companies to do that.  I know that the messenger sent the bribe to PDH but the email tip off was that PDW was the target of the bribe.  I understood that DJY and Dir. Yoon wanted to get rid of PDW because he was another powerful voice and he had a vote against him . But someone sent the messenger package to PDH. That leads us to believe DJY was killing two birds  with one stone.  But how did he do that?  You believe that Li An framed PDh for DJY  - can you point me in the direction of when they colluded together to do that?    She was watching DJY when he got the bribe package and saw what he did with it and took it for herself to pay off her debt. But since she left PDH's name on the package and the loan sharks were going to tip off the police on her  - she grabbed it and brought it back to the janitor to take care of.    The janitor turned the money in.      Please help me to understand how Ji An framed PDH?   I get the feeling that I missed something

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I think I will feel even more sorry for PDH when he finds out that Ji An didn't dump the bribe in the garbage to help him - out of the goodness of her heart. And that she is setting him up for a fall to make 10 million won.  

Hi  @zenya22   I don't get that DJY paid Ji An to set up the frame?  When did that happen?  I saw DJY talking and scheming with 

Director Yoon to set up the frame. Director Yoon called one of the companies to do that.  I know that the messenger sent the bribe to PDH but the email tip off was that PDW was the target of the bribe.  I understood that DJY and Dir. Yoon wanted to get rid of PDW because he was another powerful voice and he had a vote against him . But someone sent the messenger package to PDH. That leads us to believe DJY was killing two birds  with one stone.  But how did he do that?  You believe that Li An framed PDh for DJY  - can you point me in the direction of when they colluded together to do that?    She was watching DJY when he got the bribe package and saw what he did with it and took it for herself to pay off her debt. But since she left PDH's name on the package and the loan sharks were going to tip off the police on her  - she grabbed it and brought it back to the janitor to take care of.    The janitor turned the money in.      Please help me to understand how Ji An framed PDH?   I get the feeling that I missed something

You got it correct.  DJY and Dir. Yoon alone plotted to get rid of PDW, without anyone's help.  LJA only entered the picture when she figured out that DJY and PDH's wife are having an affair.  @zenya22 was mistaken. The mystery remains, who tipped the security off about the bribe?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zenya22 said:

The woman whom DJY paid to help him frame PDH, did set up the frame and PDH got investigated by the firm’s security, but then set it up so that PDH gets his job back. The firm’s security officer suspects/knows that DJY set up the frame. The woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a temp office worke

@zenya22  This is what you said above about Ji An setting up the frame and even getting paid for it.

8 minutes ago, maddymappo said:
12 hours ago, zenya22 said:

The woman whom DJY paid to help him frame PDH, did set up the frame and PDH got investigated by the firm’s security, but then set it up so that PDH gets his job back. The firm’s security officer suspects/knows that DJY set up the frame. The woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a temp office worke

@zenya22  This is what you said above about Ji An setting up the frame and even getting paid for it.

Sorry,  did not watch the whole episode then and I rewatched and posted a reply to @sadiesmith who corrected my post earlier. You are right it was JDY and his minion who first planned to frame Woon and not Hoon.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eunki said:

I think she got this knowledge from a cleaning old man who seems to be very aware of company politics:D

In my opinion she will get rid of Director Park because he's not better person than CEO, but then change direction

and go against CEO himself. I don't think Ji An is immoral, when she was looking at PDH talking to his cheating wife over phone,

I saw a pity in her eyes, unlikely she will want to destroy him

@eunki I second that. It's more pity when she looked in to his eyes. She knows the wife and DJY having relations but he doesn't have any clue at all hence that look to him. I also doubt she'll destroy him.  She's ruthless but inside she's got a heart.

At this point. she needs money. That's priority. The opportunity to blackmail DJY is there so.. why not.  being  cunning , quick witted that she's  even the one who told him what she'll do..

• Like 7

K-Drama Reaction: My Ahjussi | Episode 2

By tipsyahjumma

my-ahjussi-ep-2-my-mister-iu-lee-sun-kyu

“No matter how nice a person is, there’s one thing that nobody can forgive. Seeing someone who should be below you getting ahead of you.”

~ Director Park Dong-woon (Jung Hae-kyun)

my-ahjussi-ep-2-my-mister-ahjummamshies.png?w=402

My Ahjussi Episode 2 tell us how things blew up after Lee Ji-an stole the bribe money which was mistakenly delivered to Park Dong-hoon. One character caught my attention in this chapter by showing how powerful a bright mind is. But first, let me share what Ji-an did to the dirty cash and how it ended up in the trash.

Full review: https://wp.me/p8yFfI-aAJ

• Like 7

How funny the fans when they said how can twenty year old girl fall in love with fourty five year old guy and don’t want romance between them but in goblin they don’t mind thousand year old guy to fall in love with high school girl just because he looks young  :lol::lol:

for me I really don’t mind if there is love story between the leads I think they will be beautiful couple

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1