[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

My thoughts after watching episode 1 RAW:

Spoiler

- Everyone's acting is good! Even IU is doing well (thank goodness). There's no acting hole that weakens the drama.

- OST sounds so catchy and fits well with the show. Can't wait for the songs to be released

- So far we've seen office politics at DH's office, Dong Hoon and the eldest brother's backstory, and Jian's backstory

• Like 6

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] My Mister 나의 아저씨 - Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 21:30 KST
7 hours ago, mushroomsoupie said:

My thoughts after watching episode 1 RAW:

Hide contents

- Everyone's acting is good! Even IU is doing well (thank goodness). There's no acting hole that weakens the drama.

- OST sounds so catchy and fits well with the show. Can't wait for the songs to be released

- So far we've seen office politics at DH's office, Dong Hoon and the eldest brother's backstory, and Jian's backstory

IU has always been good right? One of the few idol turned actress who I actually like... 

Can’t wait to watch it subbed!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

People, the subs are out for ep1 over at DramaFever. @Ayame, appreciate the ratings report.  Keep it coming.  Glad the show did well the first night.  I've been trying to avoid getting myself spoiled all day, so I'm glad the subs are out this fast.  And Dramabeans will do a proper recap of each episode, it looks like.  Yay!!  And bah+doo actually does live recapping for those who don't have access to speedy subs.  

• Like 6

http://netizendrama.blogspot.co.id/2018/03/spoilers-my-mister-pilot-rating.html

So far the reactions and comments are goooooddddd........ :D

Spoiler

[SPOILERS] MY MISTER (PILOT) + RATING

/ 1:10 AM
0003741865_001_20180321225004731.jpg

1.png

1.png

Naver - Osen: 'My Mister's first broadcast, Lee Ji Eun stole Lee Sun Kyun funds...Lee Sun Kyun got dismissed

1.[+1158, -111] IU's back stab ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But it’s sad, somehow it feels like the two of them are reluctant to live, I feel bad for them

2.[+1040, -132] It's good and fun, Lee Ji An's back stab was funny

3.[+962, -111] When IU comes out it become thriller ㅋㅋ It got more fun after halfway

4.[+933, -156] This drama is really fun. Lee Ji Eun is the best

5.[+855, -104] All the actors are good at acting ㅋㅋㅋ

6.[+364, -32] All the characters are good...It's so fun...It's has good comic and thriller!!!

7.[+357, -35] I know understand why they aired 90 mins, It's a big picture to put in one hour...Maybe even 90 mins still lacks a little..That's why i will watch it tomorrow too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8.[+358, -38] When she stole the money I was really nervous ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9.[+332, -32] Wow Dong Hoon's life is a mess. on top of it he accidently got delivered a bribe..

10.[+328, -29] Everyone is perfectly good at acting

11.[+281, -29] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's so fun

12.[+279, -30] It's quiet the thriller ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's fun, I'm curious about tomorrow ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

13.[+269, -24] I just finished watching it, I don't know about the first part but starting from the second part it definitely got more fun ㅋㅋ

20180322061416335gtxy.jpg

Daum - Newsen: 'My Mister's first broadcast, IU's shocking violent scene that should be 18+

1.[+182, -41] Don't hit Ji Eun ㅜ

2.[+171, -37] If it was me I would feel dizzy too. Don't make the drama too dark, control it a little bit...It's sensational, stimulating and violent. The time has changed and in reality there is more violent but let's not make it like an everyday thing on tv, It's uncomfortable ㅠ

3.[+178, -87] Chang Ki Young's acting was better than I expected, I won't curse at the violent on this scene, but I have to praise the performance of these two young actors, they expressed well living at the bottom in the 20s

4.[+95, -19] I feel depressed...

5.[+92, -20] I don't like it because it's too dark. I want to watch a bright and cheerful drama now. Because I want to be comforted rather than angry

6.[+92, -36] It could happen since he is a loan shark ㅡ It's realistic ㅡ Are they gentlemen?! 

7.[+123, -76] Lee Ji Eun's acting has definitely got better~~ I'm looking forward to it~

8.[+35, -8] Go sue him, You can send him to jail. Is it normal to do this because she borrowed money?

9.[+39, -17] Ji An-ah let's play the loan shark back ㅜㅜㅜ
-----
10 hours ago, edensor said:

Helloww.... It's been a while I'm visiting Soompi. Nae Ahjussi bring me back here. Excited.

Episode 1... Lot of positive feelings to it. It will go even deeper as the episodes continues in the coming weeks.

Lol me too.... I recovered my soompi account just because I'm so excited for My Ahjussi... :D

• Like 5

"My Mister" IU Dominates Half an Episode Without Saying a Word

photo957184.jpg

The first episode of tvN drama "My Mister" showed Lee Ji-an (IU) as a character with a long story to tell.

Lee Ji-an didn't speak for the first 30 minutes of the episode. Without expression, she dealt with receipts and washed the dishes. She packed some leftover food and instant coffe for her dinner at home.

Not a single word was said and not a single expression was made, but IU made her character understandable with her tired eyes, her unseeing eyes and empty expressions.

"My Mister" is the story of three middle-aged men who have the weight of the world on their shoulders and a woman who's had a rough life, healing each other.

https://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-my-mister-iu-dominates-half-an-episode-without-saying-a-word-116782.html

• Like 7

So what was your first impression? I just finished the first subbed episode. I thought it’d be a straight melo from those teasers but I was quite surprised a lot of company politics were involved. I’m personally looking forward to more characters centred moments.

IU’s character Ji An is possibly one of the most pitiful characters I’ve ever watched. You know those cheery rom-coms where candy heroines do several jobs but somehow still manage to stay bright and optimistic? Well, Ji An is definitely not of them. She realistically portrays someone who’s never caught a break in her life. I had to look away when she started eating leftover food from the restaurant. That was really tough to watch.

She is cold and ruthless, very different from your typical heroine. I’m predicting she’ll be a downfall of Dong Hoon (Lee Sun Kyun) before they become closer. I was quite shocked when she 

Spoiler

stole his bribe money LOL. What a character!

As for Lee Sun Kyun, I feel pretty bad that

Spoiler

his character is being cheated on once again.

Damn, can’t you pick your onscreen wives more carefully? He and his wife seem like they’ve been unhappy together for awhile. I’m curious about their background story too.

Also kudos to Chang Ki Yong for daring to take up the role of a loan shark. You don’t see many potential flower leading men in a role where they beat up women. Such a stark contrast to his previous role in Go Back Couple.

Well, I’m intrigued and definitely in! 

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, aisling said:

IU’s character Ji An is possibly one of the most pitiful characters I’ve ever watched. You know those cheery rom-coms where candy heroines do several jobs but somehow still manage to stay bright and optimistic? Well, Ji An is definitely not of them. She realistically portrays someone who’s never caught a break in her life. I had to look away when she started eating leftover food from the restaurant. That was really tough to watch.

She is cold and ruthless, very different from your typical heroine. I’m predicting she’ll be a downfall of Dong Hoon (Lee Sun Kyun) before they become closer. I was quite shocked when she 

Hide contents

stole his bribe money LOL. What a character!

Jian is the most realistic character for me. And it hurt my heart when I saw Jian picked  the leftover food and ate this T.T
But I love it when Jian cooly killed the bug keke Dong Hoon's expression was so funny lol what a nice opening :D

As for Lee Sun Kyun, I feel pretty bad that

Hide contents

his character is being cheated on once again.

Damn, can’t you pick your onscreen wives more carefully? He and his wife seem like they’ve been unhappy together for awhile. I’m curious about their background story too.

LSG be like "My Wife is Having Affair Part 2" lol

Also kudos to Chang Ki Yong for daring to take up the role of a loan shark. You don’t see many potential flower leading men in a role where they beat up women. Such a stark contrast to his previous role in Go Back Couple.

Well, I’m intrigued and definitely in! 

Now he should be ready for the hates that coming toward him lol 
But he did a good job eventho he only appeared for 2 scenes i guess? The handsome Loan Shark :D

• Like 5

Lee Sun-kyun, IU, Lee Ji-ah, Chang Ki-yong Cheer on "My Mister" at Script Reading

photo957199.jpg

"My Mister" released a picture of the main cast smiling with scrips in their hands.

Lee Sun-kyun, IU, Lee Ji-ah, Chang Ki-yong are in the picture, supporting the drama.

Meanwhile, "My Mister" is the story of three middle aged men who have the weight of the world on their shoulders and a woman who's had a rough life, healing each other.

https://www.hancinema.net/lee-sun-kyun-iu-lee-ji-ah-chang-ki-yong-cheer-on-my-mister-at-script-reading-116794.html

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Did anyone feel the movement from one screen to the next so jerky and fast - like giving you a headache watching it?  Just wondering if it was only me.  

Do u mean about the camera movement from one scene to another? And the 'hand-held shot'? Well I guess it's Kim Won Suk's style of directing.. I'm OK with it since the drama lil bit dark especially for Jian's parts :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

A change of character relationship chart. No more loveline (?)

source /

Reveal hidden contents

I think the line was remove because people keep mistaking affection for loveline. People who have watch Director Kim Won-Suk previous work Signal and Misaeng will know that affection does not equal loveline. The Director have keep romance at a very low key in his previous work. I believe he will continue to do this in my My Mister too.

• Like 9

I am amazed at the role chosen by Jang Ki-Young . He is smart enough to drift from the perfect guy who never gets the girl image. I salute him for that. That's a really brave choice made by this young talented man. It proves his passion about acting . Few would have done the same .

As for IU she never disappoints me with her natural acting . I  never get why she gets bashed about her acting's skills. She is one hell of a good actress in my opinion.

Lee Sun Kyun-shi you have my all attention in this drama. I don't need to go on and on and on about how much I enjoy your acting :wub:

• Like 10