Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

36 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Did anyone feel the movement from one screen to the next so jerky and fast - like giving you a headache watching it?  Just wondering if it was only me.  

Do u mean about the camera movement from one scene to another? And the 'hand-held shot'? Well I guess it's Kim Won Suk's style of directing.. I'm OK with it since the drama lil bit dark especially for Jian's parts :D 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A change of character relationship chart. No more loveline (?)

source /

DY3tJlrU8AAneBx.jpg

previous

Spoiler

DY3tNnOU0AAFT0s.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

A change of character relationship chart. No more loveline (?)

source /

Reveal hidden contents

I think the line was remove because people keep mistaking affection for loveline. People who have watch Director Kim Won-Suk previous work Signal and Misaeng will know that affection does not equal loveline. The Director have keep romance at a very low key in his previous work. I believe he will continue to do this in my My Mister too.

• Like 10

I am amazed at the role chosen by Jang Ki-Young . He is smart enough to drift from the perfect guy who never gets the girl image. I salute him for that. That's a really brave choice made by this young talented man. It proves his passion about acting . Few would have done the same .

As for IU she never disappoints me with her natural acting . I  never get why she gets bashed about her acting's skills. She is one hell of a good actress in my opinion.

Lee Sun Kyun-shi you have my all attention in this drama. I don't need to go on and on and on about how much I enjoy your acting :wub:

• Like 11

Yaaaassssss!!!! Stellar episode!!! 15 out of 10!! That's what a first episode should look and feel like! 

I was looking forward to this drama because the synopsis looked like an adult story. Dayum!!!! It hasnt let me down!. Despite the haters ragging on IUs acting or the male cast, I expected something good, but this one blows it out of the park!! My expectations have been met and exceeded. I expect the drama to do well, and after the finale,  I will place IU in the big girls league.  :D Episode 1 has put her foot in that door already.

• Like 12

This show is not for everyone. It's noir. It's bereft of fluff.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Is there a way to watch the recorded VLIVE talk with subs?  Curious to see what they said during the meet.

17 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Is there a way to watch the recorded VLIVE talk with subs?  Curious to see what they said during the meet.

VLIVE doesn't always save their live streams on their website, but maybe you can check the original link later if they will have it: http://www.vlive.tv/video/63978

There's the raw file (no subtitles) of it on twitter if you still want to see it. GIL_TV30 posted it on Twitter.

Here are some screenshots from the VLIVE, if you haven't seen it already:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ayame said:

VLIVE doesn't always save their live streams on their website, but maybe you can check the original link later if they will have it: http://www.vlive.tv/video/63978

There's the raw file (no subtitles) of it on twitter if you still want to see it. GIL_TV30 posted it on Twitter.

Thank you.  So sad to have missed it.  :(

• Like 3

Oh boy. Just paused the drama for sec. I'm watching Ep 1 with sub and  30 minutes into the ep. I'm feeling it's dark and depressing mood. I'm not sure how to put it but the tone of the drama.. it's... I dunno.. it's NOT glossy. You'll know when you see it. Chingus here. What do you call that type? Well coming from the PD of Signal and Writer of Oh Hae Young. I'm expecting this to be good. I see the closeness of the 3 brothers. Each of them carrying  burden on their onw.  IU as Ji An. I actually like her. She's cutie cute in this drama and she's living a hard life. For those lurking or checking this thread  If you watch it you'll see what I mean. I'm only 30 minutes in to the drama. Resuming now. More when I'm done. 

Edit to add:   LSK as PDH is a married man here so....no love line. At least I think. I'll finish the rest of the Ep 1 now. It's quite long. Almost an 1 hr and 30. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wotad said:

How was the first episode what type of drama is this. 

It was gritty and dark, with everyone having burdens to bear.  But the acting is superb, the story rich and layered, the scenes beautiful, and there is even an element of comic in it.  This is a slice-of-life human drama populated by a cast of veteran actors and a few younger ones tackling non-conventional role, and everyone has been impressive.  As long as you don't come expecting swoony romances or glamorous young actors acting older than their ages, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 7