[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

"Black" Episode 2

photo899520.jpg

When "Black" started releasing its promotional materials, I was almost positive that I knew what the show would be like. Weeks later I find myself faced with copious amounts of Song Seung-heon's pixelated crotch in a series which may not quite make sense yet, but which is definitely doing new things and having fun unleashing them on us. You are weird, "Black". I kind of like that.

Confidence goes a long way and while I am still confused by the barrage of information the drama hurls at us, I am starting to trust it a little more. From manhole related visual puns to the head-first dive into our characters' past, it looks like our creators have a lot to share. Episode two introduces a clear villain, if I have ever seen one, and his proximity to Moo-gang's (Song Seung-heon) mother is clearly no coincidence.

Spoiler

photo899519.jpgphoto899518.jpg

Aside from new information, several things clear up. For one, Ha-ram's (Go Ara) father may have been a Reaper or known about them. I already had my suspicions when he presented Ha-ram with a solution for the shadows. Her mother's behavior clearly has a reason aside from bad parenting behind it. It is probably connected to the case Moo-gang had been secretly investigating, which will of course have a crooked cop involved, explaining Moo-gang's bumbling fool act for his team.

But let us talk about the elephant (trunk) in the room now. Exhibitionist Reapers is definitely not what I signed up for, but I still giggle every time the clearly obtuse and very much conceited Black flashes random passersby and unfortunate folks he interacts with. The humor does get repetitive, but it also tears down whatever cool image a tall, dark and deadly deity could have had. This is a good thing given how obnoxious this character is supposed to be.

photo899517.jpgphoto899516.jpg

I am also appreciating Ha-ram's development. She has terrible mood swings and a heap of behavioral and other issues but she is also clearly someone who has forcefully kept herself sheltered. I get a kick out of her persistence with her concept of a first love and it is nice to see a female lead who does not wither and sulk when her beau disappoints her and her romantic notions are shattered.

I am not sure where the supernatural element of this is going, but it looks like we have several Reapers around and the hook of bad things happening when one observes a person in love is promising. Do Reapers fall from grace when they see this? Do they begin to feel? Most importantly, will this concept develop alongside the crime mystery? I have a lot of questions and I now look forward to the answers.

cr

=====

new clip - Highlight EP.1 & 2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been away from Soompi forum for a while now because there wasn't a k drama that made me feel like coming onto here and to participate in discussions... until Black started airing :D 

I've just started watching the first two episodes of Black and I had to come on here because I just have to read what the theories are because I am a little confused as to what was going on.. Guess I'll be sticking around here for a while now hehe, but omg, can't wait for the next episode to air! 

PS: Really missed seeing Song Seung Heon on small screen, so glad he's back! 

Just finished watching Black and I like what I see so far. First episode, started off well. Second episode, while it did have it's funny moments, I was trying to figure out what was going on since we didn't get any answers.

I'm assuming from first episode to why Black is in Moo Gang's body is because he's trying to find out how he died? Maybe? We mainly got some comedic moments from him and some disgusting things I will probably never be able to unsee! And why did they have to make Moo Gang such a likable character! I hate when they do that when you know that they're going to die. Guess we have to wait to find out Black's motives. Even Moo Gang, he pretended not to know Ha Ram for some reason.

We got some more backstory from Ha Ram and I feel more sorry for this girl! Now I'm wondering to how their relationship is going to work. Ha Ram and Black fall in love with each other but he's in Moo Gang's body. Will he remain in Moo Gang's body or will both be brought to life before the show ends? Why does Ha Ram have these powers, does her father have something to do with it? Who killed Ha Ram's father? What's the doctor and rich's guy roles in this show? So many questions...

Also love the OST!

Black: Episode 1

by odilettante

black0101927.jpg

OCN is back with a new mystery-thriller about one woman’s supernatural ability to not only see death, but interact with Death himself as they work together to save lives. Or at least, that’s what I assume will happen, because even though the premiere episode’s runtime came close to an hour and a half, most of it was setup for the characters and the spooky mysteries that are to come.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/black-episode-1/

@bebebisous33 @lclarakl @Ais1ing  @larus   Good to see all my chingu's here. This drama has me hooked. This is the first drama that has really caught my attention since 

Spoiler

STRANGER/ SECRET FOREST

I tried to watch some other drama's but i end up losing interest after the 10 episodes aired.  I am loving the main leads in this drama, the mystery and the scifi quality of it.  

I am loving everyone theory. Especially the one with Ha Ram's dad being a Grim Reaper. He was so sweet with Ha Ram and he understood her. I don't think her dad believed every death can be saved but the one that wasn't fated to die. Like for example  Ha Ram's ex-boyfriend was meant to die, even though she tried o prevent it and yet his fate keeps trying right the universe.  

I think the woman claiming to be MG's mom may not be his birth mom but by marriage. She doesn;t look like the woman who picked him when he said goodbye to HR when they were younger. 

I doo wonder what took MG so long to find his body. 

At first when i saw MG going underwwater and hugging the corpse, I assumed it may have been Ha Ram's body. I will have to rewatch episode 1 again to see if it is a child's body. I am so confused as to how can it be his body when we actually seen that Joon Oppa did live because he still wore the bracelet Ha Ram gave him. 

Black: Episode 2

by odilettante

black0203051.jpg

Who knew that a Grim Reaper could be so hilarious? Not that death is exactly all fun and games (just ask Ha-ram and her terrifying visions), but when there’s a supernatural being who barely deigns to tolerate humans and their petty rules of polite society — despite becoming human himself — then zany shenanigans are bound to happen.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/black-episode-2/

On 10/17/2017 at 6:30 AM, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, there were two shooters, I mean, in the future that HR saw, it was a mistake made by an policeman, while in the event that really happened, the shooter had been sent to use the hostage situation in order to make it look like MG had been shot by accident. This leads me to the conclusion that the person who premeditated MG's murder can see the future as well which reinforces my conviction that MG's stepfather could be a grim reaper. A grim reaper knows the future in the sense, he knows when a person will die and how she will die. I think that the stepfather wants to get rid of him because he sensed that he might realise his true nature. I also think that he could have used his abilities to get rich as well. Notice that people are killed who knew Joon.   

Well Hello @bebebisous33  I'm also enjoying this drama and like your opinion on things..  

Hi all.  Good to see some familiar members here. , i have been away from Soompi for a while and staying away from dailies for now although i do watch the short episode dramas. Enjoyed LUTYN so much and Stranger before this, while both have been straight foward Black had me confused after the second episode, but its a good thing coz that makes me curious and want to watch more. I don't have any theories at this point but there are so many questions in my head. 

At the end of episode 1, I assume MG is already dead and Black had taken over his body, but who and what is the guy in the morgue looking for?  After watching episode 2, i think MG was intentionally shot and i think the guy is trying to retrieve the bullet to hide that fact.  Then i think the same guy with the syringe at the hospital injecting something into MG's drip. Well that left me confused again.  

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Hi all.  Good to see some familiar members here. , i have been away from Soompi for a while and staying away from dailies for now although i do watch the short episode dramas. Enjoyed LUTYN so much and Stranger before this, while both have been straight foward Black had me confused after the second episode, but its a good thing coz that makes me curious and want to watch more. I don't have any theories at this point but there are so many questions in my head. 

At the end of episode 1, I assume MG is already dead and Black had taken over his body, but who and what is the guy in the morgue looking for?  After watching episode 2, i think MG was intentionally shot and i think the guy is trying to retrieve the bullet to hide that fact.  Then i think the same guy with the syringe at the hospital injecting something into MG's drip. Well that left me confused again.  

@imgreatgal...... Good to see you chingu. It would seem that a mystery and some confusion in a drama intrigue you too.  

So nice to read all the discussions and theories here. I found episode 2 both funny (although I hope the gross humor will soon lessen) and confusing. There's just so many information thrown at the viewer and some of them are parts of an answer to the questions in episode 1, however, we just don't know how they exactly fit. I have many questions about Black but at the same time, I have a lot of questions about Moo Gang too like what's with that high tech secret lair and his mother saying about doing everything to make sure Moo Gang lives. And honestly, I hope he's not really dead yet. Episode 2's ending made me think that maybe his soul is just in limbo and there's a possibility that he can return to his body. I kinda like Detective Han, he was nice.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode. Hopefully we'll get more answers.

1 hour ago, shuurei02 said:

So nice to read all the discussions and theories here. I found episode 2 both funny (although I hope the gross humor will soon lessen) and confusing. There's just so many information thrown at the viewer and some of them are parts of an answer to the questions in episode 1, however, we just don't know how they exactly fit. I have many questions about Black but at the same time, I have a lot of questions about Moo Gang too like what's with that high tech secret lair and his mother saying about doing everything to make sure Moo Gang lives. And honestly, I hope he's not really dead yet. Episode 2's ending made me think that maybe his soul is just in limbo and there's a possibility that he can return to his body. I kinda like Detective Han, he was nice.

First of all, you and @imgreatgal welcome to this thread.:) But I have to correct you. The next episode airs on Saturday and not Friday. 

We had two theories:

- either MG died in his childhood or he has just been killed and possessed by the grim reaper Black. I have the impression that MG and Black will cohabit in the body. So his soul has not entirely disappeared due to the meeting between Black and MG. The latter might have become a ghost.

35 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

First of all, you and @imgreatgal welcome to this thread.:) But I have to correct you. The next episode airs on Saturday and not Friday. 

We had two theories:

- either MG died in his childhood or he has just been killed and possessed by the grim reaper Black. I have the impression that MG and Black will cohabit in the body. So his soul has not entirely disappeared due to the meeting between Black and MG. The latter might have become a ghost.

Thanks for the welcome. :) I actually live in Asia and it's Friday now so that's why I said tomorrow night's ep.  :)

For the theories, I'm currently leaning towards Moo Gang dying during that hostage taking. And I think that maybe he'll fight with Black in order to get back his original body.

I agree with @shuurei02   : hope the gross humour subsides soon (once or twice is funny, thrice is gross, fourth time is bad taste). Too much information over 2 episodes, so agree, makes the plot and sub-plots hard to follow.

After Ep 1, I thought the main plot is like the movie "Meet Joe Black" (staring Brad Pitt). In that one, the GR possessed the body of a man killed in an accident. GR fell in love with lady (who was in love with killed man). In the end, GR left and killed man came back and has a "fuzzy" memory of the time he was possed. :crazy: I thought maybe this Kdrama will follow similar line but I was thrown off by ending of Ep 2. I am also leaning towards Moo Gang died during hostage situation ... and that his spirit now returns to his home (and hence HR's dream) but sees GR.

Also, there is that very curious prologue of Ep 2 where GR was in newly weds car and that prophecy  : Sometime bad will happen when you look into the eyes of someone in love ......... (or something like that ??) 

Hi all sorry I need to butt in here abit before i'm going off to bed. Gonna spoiler it for a reason

Spoiler

Sorry for breaking all the seriousness in this forum.

I totally never expect these classic scenes came out from this drama ROTFLMAO :joy: :lol:

urLXZwC.gif

nozOToa.gif

Okay good night all :sweat_smile:

L20171021.99099006651i1.jpg

i know it will not be a romance scene and it will not be long , and for sure i know from the preview he trying to scare her and he will get a kick for that but what i can do i like this photo i want more from the  spark from the grim reaper and the girl who was living in the dark for so long :blush:  can't wait to see more from this two 

19 hours ago, shuurei02 said:

i agree with  you and  with what some of my friends here said   before that some  humour was gross in ep 2 i really hope they back to the funny and interesting characters humour without that so many of that kind of humour since i didn't laugh at that in ep 2 . but sure i loved and laughed when i saw the characters funny personality and how the MG and HR  were acting everyone alone or when they were together , 

but i get they were trying to show how the grim reaper has zero EQ when it come to human logic but i hope we don't get so many of that in the future EP'S

Archived