[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we get a few answers in these weeks episodes so I can wrap my head around to what's going on. I don't want to give up the show because it has potential and I'm liking the cast so far. And Kim Tae Woo who I didn't recognize because of that haircut, hoping we get more of him on the show and we should. Don't see why not since he is the real Black. Think he has any scenes with Go Ara even though Song Seung Heon is also playing the character? Ha Ram does fall in love with Black after all. Still weird he's in her first love's body...

Mysteries That The Upcoming Episodes Of “Black” Should Solve

Song-Seung-Heon-Go-Ara.jpg

OCN’s “Black” has not been short of its mysterious moments since its premiere on October 14. As Song Seung Heon hinted before it even began airing, the upcoming third and fourth episode of the drama will answer some questions from the first two episodes.

Following are the three mysteries to keep in mind before the third episode airs.

1. Two Faces of Song Seung Heon

Detective Han Moo Gang (played by Song Seung Heon) looks like a naive man who can hardly tell a lie, but a glimpse at his daily life suggests otherwise. Not only is his basement guarded with high security including iris recognition, he is revealed to be working on a different case from what his team is dealing with. Before the mysteries regarding the basement and the reason he hides the truth from Na Gwang Kyun (Kim Won Hae) during an investigation are solved, Han Moo Gang dies from a gunshot.

Black, who had been borrowing his body, also reveals his real face (Kim Tae Woo) at the end of the second episode, raising the question of why he was using Han Moo Gang’s body.

2. Go Ara’s First Love

Kang Ha Ram (Go Ara) spots a familiar bracelet in Detective Han Moo Gang’s picture, who suggested that they save lives together with her power to predict death. The bracelet Han Moo Gang is wearing in the picture is exactly like the one Kang Ha Ram made and gave to Joon, her first love. This leads her to firmly believe that Han Moo Gang and Joon are the same person, but Han Moo Gang acts as if he meets her for the first time even after he learns of her special power.

Is nonchalant Han Moo Gang really Kang Ha Ram’s first love Joon who encouraged her younger self, “The power you have is blessed”?

3. Lee El’s Secret

As Han Moo Gang investigates a victim’s identity based on her bones, he realizes that the victim had received sex reassignment surgery as well as plastic surgery. He becomes shocked after checking the picture and runs off to a mysterious place where he finds a nametag with the name Kim Sun Young. Han Moo Gang traces the name until he finds her in the high school graduation photo book. The plot twist is when Han Moo Gang finds the lover Yoon Soo Wan (Lee El) and calls her Kim Sun Young. It turns out that Yoon Soo Wan’s real name is Kim Sun Young. The released teaser for the third episode evokes further curiosity as someone threatens Yoo Soo Wan in fear with a knife on her neck.

The production staff of “Black” shared, “In the first and second episodes, the mysteries surrounding Han Moo Gang’s solo investigation, the death of Kang Ha Ram’s father, and Yoo Soo Wan’s real name that had left viewers curious were solved.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/21/mysteries-upcoming-episodes-black-solve/

so after all the shadow of death that HR see in people is in fact the grim reapers when they close to person who going to die and just waiting to take his soul 

and if she see the shadow inside the person that mean that there another soul hidden inside that person 
, but she can't see in MR now since who hidden is a grim reaper ? or cause there one soul  and it BLACK ?

that what i get from watching the video raw i will wait for sub to understand more 

but that why HR is important to BLACK now she can see what he himself can't see and she can help him catch the running death people who  are hidden  in living world 

here the video of EP 3

Spoiler

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

so after all the shadow of death that HR see in people is in fact the grim reapers when they close to person who going to die and just waiting to take his soul 

and if she see the shadow inside the person that mean that there another soul hidden inside that person 
, but she can't see in MR now since who hidden is a grim reaper ? or cause there one soul  and it BLACK ?

that what i get from watching the video raw i will wait for sub to understand more 

but that why HR is important to BLACK now she can see what he himself can't see and she can help him catch the running death people who  are hidden  in living world 

here the video of EP 3

Hello chingus :D , hope everyone is well. I have just started watching this and as most people have said its all quite confusing.From what I gather, the shadows are a representation of the grim reapers.They stick close to the person soon dying, kinda like they are walking alongside them. I don't think that they are actually inhabiting the people that will soon die. In ep 1 , the plane scene shows that the shadows sit close to the people who would end up dying. I just wonder what the director or writer is trying to convey by making the main lead see the grim reapers or shadows in the state they were in when they died and not in the polished version of the grim reaper like the main lead? Also how is it that she cant see the shadows on tv? or can she?

As for why she cant see the grim reaper in MR I guess its because only I soul, whether immortal or not can fully inhabit the body. I suspect that the real MR is in the back burner somewhere in his body because we can see towards the end of ep 2 that the grim reaper is struggling slightly in getting used to his body although I am not sure if that was just due to the bullet in his head?

@nateko @icyphoenix @vangsweetie637 @larus @Mico Ricco @Miky88 @lclarakl @alekaonu @UnniSarah @Lady_Fay

@nona88 :wink:Thanks for the info about the last episode!:wub:

have been watching the episode 1 for a second time so that I could pay more attention to details. Since this drama is so mysterious that some viewers complained that it was confusing, I have the impression that the writer is giving us more clues through details. First, after looking again at this pictureBlack episode 1 prologue.png, I can definitely say that Black's human body sitting in front of him isn't the the body of a child. The head of the corpse is quite big and even high, hence I come to the conclusion that the person in front of Black is an adult. Moreover, the door in the background can be used as reference to the high of the body.

Then I haven't watched the third episode yet, but I took a picture of Han Jin Sook's death: Black episode 1 death of Han Jin Sook.png The viewer can observe that she is freezing, and it seems to me that she is trying to get rid of something around her neck. Her hands were going into that direction. Moreover her face is bruised. All these details are revealing that she died under suspicious circumstances. 

Third, it was mentioned or shown that MG and Man Soo just had their birthday. HSW offered MG a gift and Man Soo's nephew said that MS had just become 30 years old. I don't know if it is really important but I believe that the age could play a part.

Furthermore, it seems that there is a certain pattern in the events:

- 20 years ago, a fire happened in Moojin: fire accident case in 1997

- Then we hear about the collapse of Moojin Time Mart, where 300 people died. I had made the mistake that the fire accident case and the collapse were the same. But I was wrong because we have here two different events: a collapse and a fire. In other words, Moojin seems to be plagued with disasters.

Now, it is Royal Insurance that seems to be plagued by disasters. Man Soo's nephew mentioned two events:

- the recent plane accident

- a year ago, the fire at the Samjeong Department store.

Notice the similarities: two disasters at the same place or touching a certain company. Moreover, in each disaster, many people died. Since we are dealing with grim reapers, now we must wonder if these events are not related a grim reaper abusing his powers. 

Finally, during the second viewing a person caught my attention: the senator Nam Joong Pyo who wants to get elected as president. First he is mentioned on tv due to the scandal involving his son (sexual harassement), then another time during the hostage situation. He was giving a conference there. We saw him again indirectly: people had his book in their hands. From my point of view, this ambitious man will play a part in the drama.   

EDIT: I have just finished watching the episode 3 and I must say, I am really impressed. I love the humor and the whole story. Little by little, we see how certain people are connected to each other.

The important new info is:

- Chunsu Insurance became Royal Insurance and I believe that the change of name has to do with the incidents in Moojin. Moreover, the change of name implies that this company was sold. Notice that the brother of Man Soo wants to sell the company Royal Insurance. As you can conclude, there is definitely a pattern in this. Since Man Soo is determined to save Royal Insurance, I believe, he will become the target at some point.

- Kang Soo Hyuk had an insurance police at Chunsu Insurance. This leads us to the assumption that Kang Soo Hyuk's death is connected to the insurance. Moreover, Lee Jun Bae had told that he would investigate the death of Ha Ram's father, hence he went working to Chunsu Insurance. However, Lee Jun Bae has disappeared.

Anyway, I hadn't seen that coming. Black would enter the body in order to chase his partner, Ji Dong who killed himself by jumping from the bridge. I had thought, he was seeking for revenge. But no... however, I am expecting that Black, called 444, will discover his past. So far, it is said that the pure descents of the upper world are the real grim reapers, while the second kind of grim reapers are humans who committed suicide. Nevertheless, I am suspecting that these so called pure descents of the upper world, the real

grim reapers might have been victims of murder, they have no memories of their past.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Anyway, I hadn't seen that coming. Black would enter the body in order to chase his partner, Ji Dong who killed himself by jumping from the bridge. I had thought, he was seeking for revenge. But no... however, I am expecting that Black, called 444, will discover his past. So far, it is said that the pure descents of the upper world are the real grim reapers, while the second kind of grim reapers are humans who committed suicide. Nevertheless, I am suspecting that these so called pure descents of the upper world, the real

grim reapers might have been victims of murder, they have no memories of their past.

hi dea sorry for cutting your post but i have to talk about this point first :

i think so i think that the  pure descents of the upper world were human too in some way so :

1- as you said that they may be human who was victims and so they have no memories but as  far i know about the korean thinking of grim reapers that they have to do a huge sin in their life as human to be a grim reaper in their death like " killing themself "

2- maybe they the same grim reapers who kill themself but as BLACK said if they work right they can move to the upper world maybe their gift of being good as their jop is taken their memories and making them think they are pure grim reaper and maybe BLACK one of them ????? 

3- okay if i keep the thought of number 1 +2 no matter what reason they moved to upper world  after moving they could have life as grim reaper and  have a really descents and BLACK maybe  born as grim reaper but he was descents of human too 

wow there so many thoughts in my head now , but i start to get the story and i liked so much ep 3 that was a good balance between mystery and humor that i like

ah dear something catch my wild thinking in ep 3 when HR go to see the little JOON she saw another child there who asked her " why she crying here" okay call me crazy but i think he live in the same house and i think he the really MG and that JOON really dies when he was a child and my crazy thought that joon was adopted in that family and MG was a child with health problem and that somehow his mother use JOON to save her son ????? okay that crazy and freaking me up i am going to start to think they killed JOON or in some way use his death to save MG life !!!! maybe MG had Transfer heart or something like that !!!!!! okay crazy , i don't like that i had so many times in the past   that my crazy thought was right :scream: 

6 hours ago, chichi196 said:

hello chingus :D , hope everyone is well. I have just started watching this and as most people have said its all quite confusing.From what I gather, the shadows are a representation of the grim reapers.They stick close to the person soon dying, kinda like they are walking alongside them. I don't think that they are actually inhabiting the people that will soon die. In ep 1 , the plane scene shows that the shadows sit close to the people who would end up dying. I just wonder what the director or writer is trying to convey by making the main lead see the grim reapers or shadows in the state they were in when they died and not in the polished version of the grim reaper like the main lead? Also how is it that she cant see the shadows on tv? or can she?

As for why she cant see the grim reaper in MR I guess its because only I soul, whether immortal or not can fully inhabit the body. I suspect that the real MR is in the back burner somewhere in his body because we can see towards the end of ep 2 that the grim reaper is struggling slightly in getting used to his body although I am not sure if that was just due to the bullet in his head?

hi for you too:glasses:

yeh i think what you said right after watching ep 3 with sub 

the really interesting that even the grim reaper can't know when and how the person will die all they know is that he going to die and in that day they have to be around him and wait for that to happen to take his soul i think that was part of their  work so they watch human last day and be connected to the vaule of life no matter what kind of grim reaper they are ( i guess our hot grim reaper number 444 didn't get the massage till now and think it bothering watching it :joy:) what more interesting that HR can do that when grim repaer can't that really have something to do of how she get that gift to see death !!!!

about why HR can't see BLACK in MG as a shadow i have to disagree with you and what i said myself before , that maybe it cause he the only soul cause after watching it with sub it was the same with the high school boy he really die and the grim reaper was the only soul there so what the reason i am not sure for now !!!! maybe we will find in  the future and maybe it has something to do with the fact that BLACK is pure grim reaper as he proud of it :smiley:

I just watched the 3rd episode and it's definitely better (or atleast less confusing than the first 2 episodes.) I'll most probably watch again just so I can go back and check, coz for sure I have missed a lot of clues, etc.

First, I'm glad that a lot of questions regarding the grim reapers have been answered in this episode. During the first episode, I actually found it a bit curious that the guy who died in the bridge was talked about quite a bit by the main characters (plus the actor was a familiar face too) so I wondered if he was someone important that I should file for later. Turns out, he'll be 444's partner and the reason why he will inhabit Moo Gang's body. Also, even though Moo Gang's dead, the grim reapers mentioned that his soul is being' locked up' so he is really not dead - dead (and apparently not freely roaming in limbo either). So maybe there'll be a chance that he'll return to his body once 444 has finished his mission.

2nd - As of the moment, I think the most mysterious character for me has become Soo Wan. Her identity and background is so mysterious.In the previous episodes, we were given questions like - what tape? why did she change her identity? what did she say to Moo Gang? What is she so afraid of? And then here, we have been given more: what's her relationship to Jin Sook? Why did that guy who escaped from the mental hospital came to find her? What's her connection to the guy who killed Jin Sook. Why did she say it was her fault? Honestly, she's the character that gives me headache the most. :D

3rd - As a fan of Dongjun, I'm so glad that he was in a lot of scenes in this episode. Yay! So Royal Insurance was definitely involved in something shady in the past and that's probably why they had to change their name. Also, when Man Soo was looking for Ha Ram's dad's file, he said he found it but the Kang Soo Hyuk that he found was a guy that had a spiderman tattoo? So? What does that mean? This confused me. The Kang Soo Hyuk who was a client of Chunsu insurance was not Haram's dad but the spiderman guy? (I'll just call him that). Did a switcheroo or something like that happen?

Lastly -  so the shadows of death that Haram has been seeing all this time are actually the grim reapers who have been sticking closely to the person whose soul they are soon to collect. And also, she can see the shadows too when they're inside a dead human's body. However, she didn't see the shadow of Black in Moo Gang's body. Someone said it might be because of Moo Gang's soul not truly dead but maybe it also had something to do with the two categories of grim reapers? Like grim reaper 444 is a pure descent from the upper world while the one who inhabited the student's body was a former human who committed suicide. (Also did anyone notice that the grim reaper inside the student's body was the same grim reaper that bumped into 444 in the beginning?)

Okay, this was pretty long. I really enjoyed ep 3 so I think I got carried away a little. Looking forward to the next ep! :)

4 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

OMG on their 3 eps already reach 4%? im shook lol

I was actually a bit nervous about the ratings last night. Coz when I checked Black's page on Naver, there weren't a lot of comments unlike last episode and it wasn't on trending too. The ratings via TNMS actually went down from 3.5 to 2.7 (which is kinda huge) but since AGB Nielsen is the more representative source for the ratings so I'm really glad to see it got 4%. Hopefully, with a good episode last night, more people will tune in to tonight's episode.

BLACK has  a high position in the grim reaper  society as we saw in the start of ep 3 but many hated and feared him cause he cold hearted who don't care about anything but doing his job perfectly so that why now he in danger if he get catch before finding his partner since they not going to let him go off easy now ( 007 was right in the past he should  be more nice with his coworker or at least be a bit nice  :joy:)

nice to see a little about BLACK and now he has to help HR if he wanted her to help him back and that going to be interested ,

scary that HR is in the list of BACK that mean she was fated to die but that changed right ??? that why there was two missions since after BLACK gave his partner the first  it was when HR and MG stops someone from losing his life the fate changed to MG death ( that wasn't mistake that why they get two balls since fate was changing )  but if that the same with HR since she was supposed to kill herself that night if but she was saved or she still in the list !!!!!!!!!!!!!

more scary is the words  that BLACK said to the high school grim reaper that if he die in the human body all his memory of the time he was in that body will be erased and he will remember just what happen before it the same for BLACK if he die in MG body he will forget everythings even HR 

The dead man in the car is highly likely Black himself.

GQaW6z9.jpg

Taj0qxf.jpg

Joon can only die once and not twice, l mean in the same body.

The original Joon died because of gun wound in his head.

The second time Joon (actually, Black when he was human) died was in a car plunged into the sea, likely murdered because of insurance?

Archived