[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, larus said:

What happened when a Gream Reaper is making eye contact with a woman in love? That Gream Reaper was looking deep in the eyes of the woman who was definetly in love with her newlywed husband. Why we did not see the face of that man? What tragedy will happen? I got a feeling that woman was Ha Ram`s mother and Ha Ram, was the daughter of that Grim Reaper. Maybe that`s why she can see the shadows of death. But who killed Ha Ram`s father then? Another Grim Reaper? 

sorry for cutting your post but i like this idea about the fact  the the the man and the women was HA RAM father and daugther and that the grim reaper take the father body and HA RAM is a grim reaper daughther that explain a lot  or at least that he let the father live when he should die and that mean she a child of death person , anyway  it explain why her father accept her seeing death so easy when her mother couldn't , why her mother said it was wrong from the start and her father should die and why HA RAM can see the shadows of death

5 hours ago, larus said:

Her mother: That`s right. Everyhting was wrong. Every single thing that happened, including falling in love with him and giving birth to you.

yes that words make your thought fall right , her mother didn't say it without reason she know more then she say about what happen in the past and the reason why HA RAM can see death

5 hours ago, larus said:

Now. Another questions.  What happened with the young Joon, why Moo Bang did not remember Ha Ram? Her mother said that something about what she did to keep him alive. And we saw that he had to take pills. Why they want him dead? The lunetist had instruction to shoot from someone else. The man who was with Moo Bang`s mother is the number one suspect. 

i am woundering about that too , i thing the story behind why MG didn't remeber HA RAM and what happen to little joon after he leave is the the story which can connect all the characters together answer about the doctor secret , his step father wanted to kill him , why he have to take pills, why his mother so worry about him and what MG really trying to hide and find in the same time 

i start to even think maybe the flashback tricking us and MG isn't the realy joon and that joon die as a child  and somehow MG have  connecting with him i think that maybe explain why he didn't know HA RAM even after known that she can see death more then just that he forget about her cause something big happen 

i can't wait to know more but no matter if her the really joon or not i like both the young joon and MG they were both so nice and have something that make you love them and it the fact that they see accept people as they are and never judge them  

but HA RAM  was right " there no way he couldn't know her after he coudn't have meet so many people like her " and i don't like the memory loss plot

5 hours ago, larus said:

Maybe it is a crazy thought. But I have questions and I know I could be totally  wrong because I  am still in the dark. 

finally it not crazy at all , dear we all in the dark and for now your idea make sense more then  what we saw so far from this drama :joy: i like this idea maybe i will be just right :heart:and let me add more carzy things if the grim reaper who we saw in the start of ep 2 is really HA RAM father and he the same that black search for him , so maybe he not death maybe he just move to another body and was hidden and in run from the other grim repaer who want to catch him:confused:

5 hours ago, nateko said:

@larus I also think that HR is a child of a human and a grim reaper. They actually gave us proof that the couple that got into a car accident at the beginning of episode 2 was HR's mom and dad. 

And here is the picture of HR's parents that she found in 2nd episode. Same people.  

I'm guessing that HR's dad was originally a normal human when he married HR's mom. Then the accident happened and maybe that grim reaper possed the body of HR's dad. They later had a child - HR and that is how she ended up with this unique ability. I'm assuming that before the accident and their marriage they didn't have HR yet, so her mother gave birth to her after the accident, so HR's dad was already that grim reaper then, otherwise she wouldn't have had her ability to see death. Her mother probably knew that something was wrong with her husband and left him and HR (she said so herself). That would also explain her hard feelings about her husband even though it's clear that she loved him (well the original him anyway). I thought that HR's dad's behaviour was off when she told him that she could see the shadow behind him. He didn't seem scared or shocked, but more annoyed. For a human that's some strange behaviour, but if he was the grim reaper then it's not strange at all since he wouldn't die, only the body.

Then the scene at the beginning of episode 1 is off too. It seems that it was MG and not Black who went to find the droved car. And it seems like the corpse he found in the passenger seat was that of a young boy. So I assume that it was Joon's corpse. That would also explain why Joon looked wet in HR's dream in episode 2. But this one is just speculation at this point. 

can't agree more thanks for gaven the proof :thumbsup:

and yes  i agree HA RAM Father accept her seeing death so easy and even when she tell him about seeing it on him he didn't act as normal human he just ask her how and keep going and he seem trusting her words and didn't take it as a joke 

OMG that idea the corpse is joon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and that why he was wet in HA RAM dream okay i  can go with that after all i start to think mysef that MG isn't the really JOON is he somehe know ???? or did someone make MG live JOON life and force him to act like he was JOON ??? hat interesting after all can explain why everyone around MG seems so strange no matter if they love or hate him  so if that true did his mother know  ? or is she the one they need to trick for her money or something like that !!! but if that right i think the step father has hand in it i don't like  him for now 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Her mother got pregnant by a grim reaper. Your observation about the words and behaviour of HR's mother was great because they are indeed intriguin

that why being her is the best i can see friends who can observe everything and have wild mind thanks everyone  for the great ideas and posts i am having fun being part of it to read and write about all this idea is the best :heart:

The tragedy would be Ha Ram's fate: not able to live among humans. On the other hand, I doubt that Ha Ram's father, the one we saw killed, could have been a grim reaper. Because if so, he wouldn't have been killed like that. In the second episode, we clearly witnessed a second murder (injecting a poisonous concoction) on MG. His body did react to the injection (his head hurt so much, he even yelled for a while) but he didn't die because he is no longer human. His reaction wasn't to push HR away, he was indeed suffering from the poison. So in my opinion, the murderer thought, he had done his job therefore he left the place and met HR next to the elevator. Yet he didn't expect MG to survive. @nateko When I look at the two pictures of HR with her dad, I have the impression that the father is not the same. They look a little different: the eyes. But I might be mistaken.

if he was the same father who raise her then as i writed before i have this crazy idea that he still a live and just move to another body after all he can't die just like that easy and as you explain if it was the case then BLACK was going to die after that injection but he didn;t cause living in that body make the body undying i thing , so if he the same then he put a show there that he die and he just move to other person body 

In other words, the mother might have lied to HR about her biological father. The one HR called her father might have not been her real father... Let just say that the mother thought, her husband had survived the accident and she had sex with him later so that she got pregnant. But we also witnessed that when a grim reaper possessed a body, his personality changes. Maybe that's how she realized about the treachery. So she left the man and came back to the island where she had spent the honeymoon with him. There she met the detective whom HR considers as her father.

if that the case then it also mean that her father is a life somewhere and in both case it not a good things for HA RAM cause that mean that her father maybe did things that so crazy to keep being a life and in hidden all this years 

by the way  don't tell me that the story about the grim reaper who fall in love with human women and  break the heaven rules was about that grim reaper who we think for now that he HA RAM father :joy: what do you thinks about it @bebebisous33, @larus, @nateko, @evie7 and everyone 

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

by the way  don't tell me that the story about the grim reaper who fall in love with human women and  break the heaven rules was about that grim reaper who we think for now that he HA RAM father :joy: what do you thinks about it

No, I think Black will fall in love with Ha Ram. It is happening again, a grim reaper falling in love with a human.  My only concern is how Black will end in all this story. If he will have to go to his world and all the memories will be erased, maybe Moo Bang has another chance to live, and he comes back to his body. But I don`t know how the story will progress.

I`m still thinking about those three Grim Reapers talking about becoming accomplices to breaking a rule. I can`t wait to find out more about them.

Ah... the name Moo! No wonder I kept thinking about Arang and the Magistrate.

The chief Grim Reaper there was named Moo Young!

Great theory about Ha Ram's father and mother. I didn't realise that her mom was the bride in the beginning of Ep 2 and that's why I felt that Ha Ram's father had a similar face to the Grim Reaper then.

Hi chingus! After reading everyone's theories, it is becoming more clear to me on what is happening. Of course I still have a lot of questions but I think episode 1 and 2 actually gave us very clear hints on what could have been and what may have happened. 

It now makes sense that HR is the child of a human and GR, which explains why she had the ability in the first place. Also, as mentioned by you guys, the words spoken from her mom to her seemed so..unnatural-almost like she was hiding something. I also found it odd that the father reacted calmly rather than scared when he was told that there was a black shadow behind him. Both of these instances lets us know HR may very well be the child of a GR.

@bebebisous33 i also noticed those 3 shadows when MG was shot. I found it strange they were there when MG went down and I noticed their clothing especially. It is also now clear that Black is on a mission..but what kind is still not clear. I think you are definitely onto something when mentioning that we were provided with 2 car accident scenes in both episodes. And..what i find more odd is..we were shown that HR's dad died by being pushed off onto a pavement..yet HR visits the ocean instead. I assumed his ashes were spread throughout the ocean but then..if such is the case, and if HR's dad is the GR from episode 2, then HR's dad originally died so there was no way the GR died within his body. I am still unsure how these GR works actually. It just makes me reference back to the Reapers in Goblin..where they do not attain any of their memories. And they cannot die. But it seems like the Reapers in this drama is much more complex because they need a body to possess. Lol i will have to read everyone's theories again first to understand a bigger picture. 

@icyphoenix haha..after reading the theories on here, my confusion is a bit less. I still have questions but i also found clues to connect some dots lol. Also..after some more thinking, i think the humor in this drama is meant to gross us out. It is an intended dark humor, meant to parallel the sarcasm behind the humor. I am most likely not going to be too bothered by it now. This is also a dark drama. Hence, the dark humor is not intentionally meant to lighten up our mood but more to provide a darker, heavier essence by giving us scenes that should be funny but are exaggerated instead :)

Annyeong chingu deul

@bebebisous33 @vangsweetie637 @larus @evie7 @triplem

Oh wow you all have been busy analyzing the episodes while I'm away from the thread. In fact I have not watched Ep 2 yet. Gonna watch later so that I can observe everything you chingu deul have mentioned.

This is interesting that HR is a product of a Grim Reaper and a human. Too bad she doesn't have any other power besides seeing the death and shadows. It would be even more fun if she has power. Ok chingu deul, off I go to watch Ep2. Will come back later....

@vangsweetie637 yes many of the theories in this thread has made me clear abt some aspects.. Abt dark humor, I guess its a part and parcel of the story.. I have to get used to it.. 

about HR, being product of GR.. Can be right.. as she has this special gift to foresee the death of ppl or shadows of death which is characteristic of GR.. It can be obtained by genes.. Her father seemed very suspicious to me.. His look was dangerous.. Her mother's regret for loving him.. Everything falls in place.. But what is the reason for his death??  Not GR but the man or detective who died.. This royal insurance has some things to everything!!.. Lol!! Let's wait for next episode to draw more conclusions chingu :D

if HA RAM is a grim reaper daughter i don't know if that a happy thing or not !!!

i mean being half human and half grim reaper make hope that BLACK loving her not totally out of the rules 
and the fact that she really have the right to use her ability

but in the same time if she really a grim reaper daughter that mean she was born from breakin the rules if they can also go in polt that she wasn't supposed to be born and that she sould die too to make the blance in this world again 

another thoughs that now that MG soul come back and BLACK tell him that he die but he can't make his soul pass to the other world cause he need to use his body ( that what he three grim reaper were talking about that he breaking he rules to catch what they searching about ) so  MG soul has to stay for BLACK to be able to use his body without anyone in heaven notice ( they didn't report his death i think )  and that mean BLACK and MG has to make deal to use the same body since i don't think that MG who has a lot he wan't to find will just accept BLACK order and  stay beside till BLACK finish his work and has time to take his soul to the other world,

so or they going to use the same body or that BLACK has to help MG find  what he want as price of waiting  and let him in his body ( or maybe i am wrong and  BLACK will just force MG to stay without anything but that not going to be interesting right:glasses:

@nona88 After reading @larus' post and @nateko's comment about Ha Ram being a grim reaper's daughter, I was convinced that they were right. However I believe that her so called father, the detective, is not her biological father for the simple reason that this grim reaperBlack grim reaper.png broke a rule from heaven without any apparent justification. Notice that the grim reaper KTH Black grim reaper the real face.pngwas willing to disobey the rules of heaven in order to punish another grim reaper which is totally different: "I'm going to catch you with my own hands". As such, it is clear that that this person Black grim reaper.png has a different purpose: it is a selfish action, whereas the other has justice as main goal, although he is willing to do illegal actions. To me, there is no way that Ha Ram's father, the detective, who was supportive and sensitive, could be a grim reaper. When MG became a grim reaper, he didn't hide his dark side: he showed no humanity at all. He was rude, insensitive and disrespectful towards humans, and this would be common behaviour among grim reapers. Notwithstanding her father was so warmhearted and sensitive person which is a clue for me that there is more to Ha Ram's birth. The mother resented Ha Ram's father but she shed tears for the detective as she kept his wallet hidden indicating that she loved the detective therefore I believe that there are two persons. Nevertheless, she knew that the detective's death was a murder because it must be related to a grim reaper. Let us imagine that she discovered the true nature of her husband and ran away from him, however she is aware that no human can stop him hence she knew that it wouldn't matter, if the circumstances of the detective's death were really investigated. No one would ever believe her and no one could be able to stop the true culprit, as he is a grim reaper. However, I can imagine that the detective was after him after all. But since he is a grim reaper and knows about death, he likes death hence around him, people kept dying. In my opinion, since these grim reapers 

Spoiler

Black.png 

are working together, we have to assume that

Spoiler

59e478c1860e3_Blackgrimreaper.png.ceef9f

this one might not be alone too. I can imagine that after the experience lived with HR's mother, he knew that he had to hide his true nature very well. So in my opinion, the stepfather of MG could be him.

@triplem @vangsweetie637 @icyphoenix @alekaonu

@bebebisous33 I also think that stepfather might be a grim reaper. He's very shady. Why would be want to harm MG? Also, MG's girlfriend seems to be afraid of him and I'm not sure it's only because he's her superior at work. 

Some interesting details that I noticed. When HR's dad died the detective on the scene that consoled her is MG partner "Crazy dog". Maybe he also knew HR's father or was his senior. 

YXbuAx2.jpg

I HR's vision the hostage from episode 1 gets shot in the head from behind, but MG was shot from the front. Don't know if this might be a mistake of the production or not. :lol:

DMbFrDq.jpg

pnrF8Td.jpg

The corpse that they found at the beginning was the same lady that beat up MG's girlfriend when they were kids. That woman was probably killed by whoever was looking for that tape years ago, judging by the corpse. 

Spoiler

VVcwbAr.jpg

Spoiler

mcbvQvv.jpg

I just started watching the show, its not bad but I am not yet addicted.  There have been a lot of theories regarding HR, MG, the grim reaper and HR's father. Some of which I agree with.  Its a fantasy mystery with a tiny twist of makjang so I will go with it for now.  I am of the conclusion of the following - (i) MG's stepfather has been trying to kill him for some time now (ii) MG has lost his memory as a child and in a  somewhat now as an adult in the form of the grim reaper possessing him (iii) HR's father was a grim reaper, remember being in love can change a person from cold to warm so it is possible, hence HR got the ability to see shadows (iv) HR's father knew his time was up once HR predicted his death (v) there is a lot more to MG's true personality - which explains the secret room and though the reaper had possessed his body it would not surprise me if MG actually knew how to fight etc.  but hid it in front of other people as a guise.

However for the interesting theories and stuff, I just cannot get over the unnecessary bloody scenes especially when it comes to the investigation which is done poorly, it makes one question the ability of the Korean police department specifically the detectives who appear to have forgotten how to handle a crime scene 101.  The absence and use of gloves when present,  the absence or use of detective tools in dealing with evidence, with exception to the "forensic expert", no one appears to be wearing protective gear.  This is a murder and based on the movement of the detectives at the crime scenes it has become more contaminated and in a way the evidence/s has been comprised, also their health could be at risk.  There is an attempt to bring humour or lighten these scenes and some of the bathroom scenes as well but they really fall flat.

I think after watching the next two episodes will help me decide if the show is a keep, a watch later or a dud.

Gone for now

@nateko This is not a mistake of the production. pnrF8Td.jpg

In my opinion, there were two shooters, I mean, in the future that HR saw, it was a mistake made by an policeman, while in the event that really happened, the shooter had been sent to use the hostage situation in order to make it look like MG had been shot by accident. This leads me to the conclusion that the person who premeditated MG's murder can see the future as well which reinforces my conviction that MG's stepfather could be a grim reaper. A grim reaper knows the future in the sense, he knows when a person will die and how she will die. I think that the stepfather wants to get rid of him because he sensed that he might realise his true nature. I also think that he could have used his abilities to get rich as well. Notice that people are killed who knew Joon.   

Maybe we could get some kind soul to translate these character descriptions? They may shed some light on some of these theories we've got going round.

JecAiL5.gif

Double click on image to enlarge it.

Spoiler

gZ0bRMa.gif

kkOKAPl.gif

GcLCD3b.gif

We've even got a character description for the dog :D

ACd28Pf.gif

http://program.tving.com/ocn/black/5/Contents/Html?h_seq=5

N6GtXnT.gif

i have mixed feelings about this drama... i really thought it'd have the mystical (maybe that's not the word to use), mysterious (ok, right word this time), hazy, whatchamacallit vibe that Goblin had. Sorry, nothing can compare to Goblin (NOBODY CAN TOP IT!!). :tongue:  Haha. 

EPISODE 1 - ok, i was getting into it when he came back alive after getting shot in the head. then, i started getting lost because there's a lot of inconsistencies of the story line. did anyone get the feeling it doesn't make sense? its like "whaaaa...? how did we get there? how does this make sense?" Maybe, it's me. 

EPISODE 2 - i lost major interest within this episode. i was like, "i REALLY dont get it." i liked the humor between the other detectives.. but when SSH had his whole vomit episode (that was funny), but then other side humor later in episode 1 and 2 -- cut it out. i dont know it just doesn't feel right, or more like it doesnt match. 

yeah, i tried w/ the 2 episodes.. but i have to drop this drama. i had high hopes... :(

I must say that "Black" and its lead characters had a good, intriguing start. Its many puzzles keep the adrenalin pumping and I'll definitely be catching more episodes to satiate my hunger for the cool grim reaper and the death psychic girl. SSH and Go Ara look very promising in these challenging roles and they definitely have more chemistry than I had thought. 

I'd rather "Black" shines on its own strength than for there to be expectations and comparison with "Goblin". Every drama has its own merits and should be given a chance to develop its storyline and let its audience piece the jigsaw puzzles together over time.

"Black" is not "Goblin". And I'm glad it's not. Because I'm looking forward to a different dark drama and it's necessary to to have some dark humor or bloody scenes to align with its genre - a mysterious and psychic thriller with death, murder, pain, revenge and saving lives ultimately at its forefront. It's necessary to depict some scenes and actions to bring the point across that the grim reaper and its human form are separate entities and thus, behave differently, without and with emotions. At some point, I believe the two forms will merge and overlap leading to the grim reaper falling in love with HR.

I'm honestly looking forward to the unravelling of many mysteries surrounding the dark plot in this drama. Not to mention the comfortable camaraderie of this cast that sees the best team effort to make this drama a successful and enjoyable thriller with their beautiful and credible acting. 

First Impressions: “Black,” A Dark Drama Filled With Fast-Paced Mystery And Plot Twists

black.png

OCN’s “Black” just premiered its first two episodes this weekend. It’s a perfect watch as Halloween approaches, showcasing a fast-paced plot filled with mystery, intrigue, and some very chilling moments in this fantasy crime show.

1. Main characters

Kang Ha Ram (Go Ara), our main lead, is a very likable character immediately from her first appearance on screen. Since childhood, she’s had a special ability to see “shadows of death,” as she calls them — black, wavering mist that clings to those fated to die in the near future. Being forced to see these signs of impending death on every other passerby in the street has its toll on Ha Ram, and she hides her eyes under black sunglasses so the shadows are unnoticeable. Used to the hardships that come with her curse, she maintains a tough, outer facade and an easy arsenal of threats (typically about attacking people’s eyes) that hide a gentle and sensitive personality on the inside. In truth, Ha Ram’s compassion for others makes it difficult to face the guilt she has at not being able to stop the tragic deaths around her, even driving her to near suicide at one point. When the glasses do come off, we see she never willingly ignores the “shadows of death”; she repeatedly attempts to save people, to no avail, multiple times. And when Detective Han (Song Seung Heon) enters into her life and discovers her abilities, offering up a partnership to save people together, she readily accepts.

Detective Han, our other main character in the “Black” universe, is harder to gauge in personality. He seems like a warm and genuinely kind person in the beginning of the show: he insists on becoming a detective even though his family insists he doesn’t have the skills for it; he can’t seem to stomach violence, as indicated by his habit of throwing up every time he’s near a crime scene; he comforts Ha Ram in her pain; and he also offers his help to Ha Ram in saving lives. Moreover, he was once a childhood friend and an older brother figure to our main female lead, although he doesn’t appear to recognize her in the first few episodes. However, our detective’s entrenchment in some very strange mysteries makes it hard for the audience to consider a final judgement.

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/17/first-impressions-black-dark-drama-filled-fast-paced-mystery-plot-twists/

I hope that by Ep 4 , the dust has pretty much settled and we know most of the players in this story.

I am still wrapping around who the characters are and I am still niggled by the scene in Ep 1 where SSH went to his 'lair' (ala Batman) with his iris scanner. How would a scaredy cat, wannabe detective (and bad as one) think of building a lair and he is also looking into something else (major bet it has to do with the event 20 years ago and Royal Insurance (Group)) Still figuring out Oh Man Soo's (Kim Dong Joon) role in all this and will he be part of the Black team? Hmm....

Archived