[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Hahahahaa @Ahpheng, I really thought it was a coffee CF strip.. like, totally! th_laughing.gifThose mini TVCFs in MR.SUNSHINE can't be more spot-on and just.. obvious.:P

That's what I thought too when I saw the scene....LBH gonna have many offers for coffee CFs soon if not already.

@bedifferent  I will be happy if they can sit down and have a meal together, burger and fries sound good ! If there a suitable scene, I will put it in my c-strip, maybe the trishaw scene ? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Shhh! @bedifferent, you're giving them PPL ideas! :lol:

Can't wait for the episodes this weekend, how the new comrade-couple continue their relationship with still so many uncertainties ahead. ;) Also, as it was mentioned by @mistymorning, the prevailing of chapter 2 for the drama.. the much-awaited action and the much-debated stoic-faced Eugene finally showing his emotions. What makes the usually calm and controlled Eugene Choi going after the Foreign Minister in public, and in broad daylight? :mellow: If not mistakenly guessed, something that Hee Sung's father told him about his mother's death, perhaps.

So, MR.SUNSHINE.. keep fighting! th_fight.gif For continuous high ratings and positive responses, that is.. and lesser scrutiny plus no more unnecessary negative articles.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

17 hours ago, 122am said:

The secret document shows that the king has deposited $100,000 into the Russia bank, I think. From my understanding it shows that he feels the country is not safe, so he took out money to put into foreign bank. If he needs to run, he can run anytime, since now he has a "bank account". It would be like the King has made back-up plans in case the country falls, he can go somewhere. This shows that the country is very weak and even the King doesn't have confidence in his own country, a betrayal move to his people.

That's why Japanese people, Russians, and even USA will be interested in this paper as hard evidence, to blackmail the King. That way, the "Korean King can't sleep" as they repeatedly mentioned. Only when the paper is returned to the King, then the hunting for the document will stop. 

The freedom fighters do not have support from the King. I think AS's grandfather receives salary from the King, as an official / aristocrat. With his rich bank account, AS's grandfather will donate some money secretly to the freedom fighters when they are running low. AS Master (Gunner) is a rebel, as he stated in ep 7 or 8, he is working against the government of the country and not helping them. But they are fighting for freedom and safety of Korean people.

I think Hina is a double agent. I am not sure who wrote the note but in the previous few pages of this thread, someone did talk about it. 

Yes it's possible all main characters work together as a rebel 'freedom fighter' team, we just have to see what happens in ep 9-10. 

Oh wow, thank you for answering that chingu. I was wondering if the document was something good for the josean people or bad cause if the contents of the doc were leaked to the public, I was confused if it would receive bad or good reception. Seeing as how the king has basically put himself over the people, this would definetly anger not only the people but AS and her group as well right? I wonder how she would react. I know she is loyal to Josean, but is she loyal to the king?

Woah, so as double agent of you mean she works for Japanese but issecretly working for the king? Who is she really loyal to? So far we know DM is to Japan and EC to America. What about Russia? Since they seem to play a key role too as a possible enemy.

@bebebisous33 @bedifferent @mistymorning

So gunner jang is a rebel and Hina may be a double agent. AS has said to her master she would follow him, so maybe she may become a rebel to aka go against the king.

That all said, in trying to predict the ending of Joseans fate thanks to all these characters, will the monarchy system be removed as a whole and AS with freedom fighters and other characters help, EC in particular, establish a democracy by the people?

i always associated her loyalty to Josean as also her loyalty to the king. But now I am wondering if this is setting up for the end of a government ruled by a king now that the class system as mostly been abolished too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This series is a gem! LBH is such a compelling actor, and KMR, even at such young age, already shows good acting abilities! I can't wait to watch for the next episodes, but I just hope we get a happy ending for this drama.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

isn't she 29 :)

Um.. It's like she is 28 if you count like we usually do but koreans are born 1 years old. So she is 29 years old by korean countings.

But I think the reference was to her acting experience that she can be considered as a *new face* in this industry.

• Like 4

I like this episode.

Some thoughts:

I like how Eugene teamed up with Gunner Jang, Ae Shin’s mentor, to take down Lee Sehun, the Joseon Foreign Minister. He helped Joseon to bring down a traitor who is working with the Japanese while also getting revenge for his parents. He is really strategic in how he planned and executed the whole thing. I think Eugene would made a very good leader for the Righteous Army. 

He also finally told Ae Shin his life story but warned her  that they must part ways after he had finished his story. He told her that he was the son of a slave. It seems he is still hung up and affected by his origins. And the episode ended without hearing her response to his story. 

• Like 11

OMG OMG OMG I am speechless!! Episode 9 is daebakkk...!!!! I am dying for tomorrow’s episode!! I literally woke up early on a weekend just to watch episode 9!! The ending is just sad though :tears: Eugene just had to tell Ae Shin at that time when they were enjoying some “date” haish.... and here I was hoping I’d get to see some more lovey-dovey moments between the two... It’s too soon for the reveal when there hasn’t been much of romantic moments between the two! Arrghhhh

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

I am giving EC A+ in this ep for asking AS the right question that I hv been wanting to know. Despite AS hates on DM - due more to him mocking her help than anything else & this is my personal view from their conversation about DM, so don't come at me with those bullets :ph34r::ph34r: - I am really glad EC looked beyond than and find DM to be someone he can/willing to trust. Maybe he can relate to DM because similarly, they had bad memories during their childhood with regard to Joseon, coming from similar class. Plus he now knows DM will never hurt AS regardless of who he is working for. I am also sensing that although he has developed a feeling towards her, he is unsure of her stance on the divide of class, hence he is taking a step back until this is clear, that she is ok with loving him even knowing he is from the slave class. Looks like EC is gonna be the one pulling DM into the team, if EC's not going anywhere but stay in Joseon. However, his conversation with HN may means something is on his mind e.g. to escape the american army life by death and remain in Joseon unknowingly by his team?

Oh and we got more HN this time, yippee! My bet that she is working both for the king and the righteous army but one of it is just a cover, most probably the former.

This ep also confirms a thing or two of DM character that I have previously thought of in my comments. Although it is apparent that he works for the Japanese, it is also apparent that he hates them and given choice he will stand behind Joseon and its people. I am glad that the one who shows him the fighting spirit is the one from the low class because if that guy is a yangban, I think his reaction will be a bit different, though he might let the guy go regardless. There is definitely a limit to what he will or will not do in his line of work, being a mercenary allows him to take advantage of such flexibility. He is so gonna eat back on his words of not putting his life on danger. That is just ego talking boy!;)

• Like 8

AGB  Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Source