[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

VD75225454_w640.jpg

Clip: http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/wyws/clip/50329/22000249364

Bravo for writer-nim who is trying to convey important social messages again today, this time through the conversation of SHM with JC. JC's struggle not to succumb to biased but strong public opinion and HJ's struggle to right the wrong reporting are well intertwined together, reminding us of imperfections of current society.

(The reporting part reminds me of Pinocchio where LJS's fireman dad was wrongly accused~)

1 hour ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Another jerk-classmate was mocking the other classmate, telling him that maybe SeungWon's brother can get his bro who's in jail out because he seems to be such a fantastic prosecutor at things like that.

So, new case for next week? Can't wait to see that! (It seems that classmate's father, not brother, is in jail?)

30 minutes ago, yusefull said:

Why didn't WT have a dream.

Who is Yoo Man Ho ? He lost his gun.

I wonder about WT not dreaming also...

Since the archer's surname is Yoo, Yoo Man-ho should be her father's name?

Edited by 000231846597
Comparison w/ Pinocchio added
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

I wonder about WT not dreaming also...

Since the archer's surname is Yoo, Yoo Man-ho should be her father's name?

Maybe it's the guy in black who was with the people in front of the prosecutor offices.

I love that in this episode they show us many people that are potentially bad guys and could have done something wrong. The dad, the guy in front and the classmate.

• Like 9

Hi chingus! 

Thanks again for all our live recaps and also to @nonski for the roll call! ^_^

Sharing some thoughts, questions and expectations before I go to bed,

- I didn't get to watch any subbed preview yet but was that our Woo Tak about to get hit by a car? My guess would be the archer's dad hitting him after shooting Jae Chan-ssi *Oh dear.. :wacko:

- Applause also to our writer-nim who pulled the same trick. I remember the first episode where Hong Joo tried to stop her dream from trying to happen by being overly worried about her mom yet she ended up living the dream - if not for Jae-Chan interfering. Now Jae-Chan still got wounded in reality and the dream came to pass..what could be their way out this time? :blink:

Lastly, here's what I really really really look forward to,

- The kiss under the rain! I heard LJS giving a heads up on that kiss on his interviews and from LJS? Must be really something to look forward to. *wink! 

- Hong-Joo and Detective Choi interaction. I remember in the teasers when Hong Joo being the "femme fatale" that she is in stilettos while picking up something, leaving Detective Choi's jaw dropping! :lol:

- And also the cameo of Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Kyun Sang! *whoohoo!

..that's it for tonight though. Good night chingus! - from our side of the world *wink!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

OMG ! JC was shot???Poor HJ...My heart breaks for her ...i agree with @nonski her dream changed and for the worst !!! About to kiss... let's hope is not  another dream ...i hope is real one...thanks everybody for recaps and updates ...i can't wait the subtitles 

Chingu just saw you here!

You aren't recapping?

hope you can join next time

• Like 6

@nonski Thanks for the shout out!:) I was busy at school... <_<I have just finished reading the recap. So to me it seems that YB is the reason why the events have changed and I have the feeling, he is the reason why there are these dreams. If you look back, each actions of YB caused something terrible, YB was just the only winner. However, since HJ, JC and HWT are having these dreams to stop him, YB has to make rash decisions in order to become the winner hence no one could dream that JC would get shot. Notice that the trigger was, when YB showed the picture to the father of the archer. He had to do something as he realized that he was about to lose again. There is no way that HJ and HWT could dream this.  If we look back, LYB's actions are getting worse and worse.

• First, the motorbike accident... here only material damages but he put the blame on JJC;
  • Then the car accident where he would have killed someone and blamed an innocent; thanks to JJC's intervention it was just material damages;
  • Third the accidental death of the abusive husband and an innocent student who would have become a murderer (although it was more self-defense);
  • Fourth the injury of HJ's hand but thanks to JC, it never came true; however this time, LYB would have been present. So he would have been connected to the violent reaction
  • Fifth by helping the serial murderer, he even put HJ and CH into danger. But here he blamed the prosecution for the verdict (he is always blaming someone else), although it is clear that such a verdict wouldn't have been pronounced, if LYB had refused the case. A lawyer appointed by the government has less experience and wouldn't have used tricks to put doubts into the jury. Sure, he is not directly involved... but now, it has changed.
  • By showing the picture, it is as if he was giving the gun to the father.
  • As conclusion, it is clear that LYB will become a murderer himself... and HJ will be his target. From my point of view, she will dig into LYB's past and find a connection with the soldier.

@icyphoenix @vangsweetie637@carolinedl @evie7 @alekaonu @swagpuppysong 

• Like 9

I'm pretty sure the preview is trolling us on who flatlines - I'm guessing it's WT who got hit by Daddy Yoo!!! And that while HJ is crying by JC's bedside, he flatlines.

But HJ waking up in the car (taxi?) is making me wonder which are real and which are dream lives. The director has faked us out before early in the series with JC dreaming of HJ's suicide, so I wonder what new twist is there going to be...

• Like 9

On 10/19/2017 at 10:06 PM, carolinedl said:
On 10/18/2017 at 11:51 PM, gilaswan said:

@carolinedl I think what Wootak said was that he's a 3rd generation only son, which would explain his parents fawning all over him in an over protective way (chopping all persimmon trees just because one fell on his head). It's quite common I suppose, in a highly patriarchal society that sons are accorded that sort of status. My son, for example, would be a 2nd generation only son, cos my husband has no brothers, and well, neither does my son! 

That said, if Wootak is a 3rd generation only son, then that would explain the dream where his parents were adamant about HongJoo's family repaying their debt for their son's death. It would also mean that the theory that he is the dead AWOL soldier's brother would be wrong. Neither can he be the AWOL soldier's son (even if age was not an issue) because that would not make him a 3rd generation only son, because his father would have had only sisters (not true for dead AWOL soldier whose brother was a policeman).

Thanks for the clarification. And sorry for answering so late but I did not want to spoil myself. But here I am since I saw the new episode. True, but that is if he is a 3rd generation son. It was shown with the empty refrigerator that it was certainly not the case. Thus his identity is still a mistery. I wish they would give a tiny more clues as to who he is! :tongue:

I still think he is somehow related to the dead soldier to be honest. When the other dude mentioned secret, the first thing that came to my mind was name change. I think that might be a possibility, that he changed his name when he entered the police academy so that he would not be associated with the dead soldier.

I have not seen the latest episode; therefore, my thinking may not be relevant any longer.  I think that WT is the boy that JC was trying to rescue when HJ ended up saving both of them.  Remember the scene by the river when young HJ, with short hair and a baseball cap, was holding the rope around JC's waist, while he swam down to rescue another boy?  I think that WT was that boy.  If that is the case, maybe that shared experience somehow tied them together.  

There is something else going on WT and a mystery does surround him.  Although I am anxious to find out what it is, I like the way the writer is drawing it out by giving us small tidbits.  However, those tidbits give us even more to ponder.  Nice job writer.

• Like 3

Just now completed watching the episode.. B)

Gosh!! I loved my JC.:wub:. His disguise while hiding was soo cute.. I was too drooling with the other ladies in the prosecutor office.. I loved the fight between YB n JC for Mr. Choi.. 

But coz of money problems our JC lost lol.. :tongue:

JC n Mr. Choi r the best partners ever.. They r literally like the best of bestB).. Mr. Lee poor guy he wanted to help JC but was caught by the mob n was bashed.. Poor guy!!:ph34r:

I liked the HJ n her sunbae too.. They r crazy reporters who wud go anything to support truth.. :D

I loved the way when JC was in a difficult position.. His past with HJ helped him clear.. But prosecutor shin was also true for her analysis.. But everything in life can't be practical.. :)

YB the snake.:crazy:. Gosh!! He is soo poisonous.. He tried to manipulate the people to accuse an innocent.. Then now he literally spewed nonsense into the mind of the victim's relative which made my JC to suffer.. :angry:

As @bebebisous33 mentioned above abt YB I agree with each point.. He was involved in every moment of danger in JC n HJ's life.. He is truly a creep.<_<. I feel he also has the power to see future.. Coz he looks confident with his moves.. Then JC changes it n he resort's to other tactics.. :(

I loved JC n HJ's interactions.:wub:. The love n fear of HJ for JC.. The brimming of love of JC for HJ when she cried for him while dreaming n then searching for the proof for him.. :D

Poor WT.. He has feelings for HJ.. He felt a pang in his heart when he saw JC hugging HJ..:( His sunbae too noticed it n tried to cheer him up.. His gaze always adores her even when she takes interview of the DHK.. I hope he doesn't get hurt much..but I still some mystery around WT n his connection with JC n HJ n his ability to dream.. What's his mystery?? :blink:But his friend has promised him that he wud hide it.. When the truth uncovers, Hope he isn't hurt badly.. I feel it's going to be a major showdown when truth is revealed.. -_-

but seeing preview both my JC n WT wud be hurt n pathetic YB is playing his plot.. poor my JC!! cute-blue-bird-crying-smiley-emoticon.gi

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for the shout out!:) I was busy at school... <_<I have just finished reading the recap. So to me it seems that YB is the reason why the events have changed and I have the feeling, he is the reason why there are these dreams. If you look back, each actions of YB caused something terrible, YB was just the only winner. However, since HJ, JC and HWT are having these dreams to stop him, YB has to make rash decisions in order to become the winner hence no one could dream that JC would get shot. Notice that the trigger was, when YB showed the picture to the father of the archer. He had to do something as he realized that he was about to lose again. There is no way that HJ and HWT could dream this.  If we look back, LYB's actions are getting worse and worse.

I like your analysis, because it is going in a different direction than what we were thinking.  Great job.

• Like 6

And it just keeps getting better and better!!!!   How is  it possible the momentum is fast and yet the details are still revealed and the mysteries still abound.  This is a masterpiece of a drama with perfect pacing.  Suzy has proven she has depth and made me forget its Suzy playing a character.  Jong Suk, as always, he draws you into the story with his understated nuanced performance.  The story is building but it never has reached a plateau while fulfilling and rewarding us every episode.

I love these two together...Jong Suk..you have charisma with every leading lady.

Now I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the preview kiss in tomorrow’s episode that we’ve all be waiting for.   Lucky Suzy gets to kiss the lovely leading man and also you know who.  It’s a delightful perk of being an actress. Am I wishing I were in her place?!  OMO!

Now I’m really not sure who the killer is or if there are several killers...what a mystery.

I’m so excited for tomorrow’s episode!!

• Like 7

:lol:SO FUNNY how Jaechan's poor colleague got mobbed by the protesters:w00t:

I agree with Jaechan's female co-worker that he looked hot in his hoodie/glasses, he could pass off for a college student:D And despite all warnings, Jaechan still gets hurt with a slight variation, instead of being stabbed; he gets shot. Poor Seungwon too for getting into the whole misunderstanding law/justice mix up. 

At least now Jaechan knows Chestnut was Hongjoo all along~ 

I wonder who did it? Was it Hakyoung after all? Or the guy in black at the protest rally? 

Yoobum is just a snake through and through.

• Like 6