[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

48 minutes ago, purebristles said:

I'm pretty sure the preview is trolling us on who flatlines - I'm guessing it's WT who got hit by Daddy Yoo!!! And that while HJ is crying by JC's bedside, he flatlines.

Yeah sadly that's what I think too. I have a bad feeling maybe tomorrow's episode will be the last ep for Jung Haein and we'll know WT's secret as well. OMG I'm not ready for this. I hope that my random thought isn't true :bawling:

20 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I think that WT is the boy that JC was trying to rescue when HJ ended up saving both of them.  Remember the scene by the river when young HJ, with short hair and a baseball cap, was holding the rope around JC's waist, while he swam down to rescue another boy?  I think that WT was that boy.

The one that they saved wasn't a boy tho. He was the kind ahjussi whose the older bro of their father's killer. He feel sorry that his dongsaeng killed their father, thats why he commited suicide.

• Like 7

This is the second time this year I've seen this theme in a kdrama: A young person dies, and his parent(s) need to find a culprit so badly they do not hesitate to destroy the lives of innocent ppl whom they feel could have been connected with the death of their child. I feel like this is portrayed as something that is wrong but very understandable, and that appalls me.

Other than that, I need to know more about Wootak! The romance line is running along smoothly, but Wootak is such a mystery! What is his secret?

• Like 8

38d6e729d1a2e9f52f8c8ca9d1bf5e9f.jpgThis make me more curious about WT secret . What kind of secret affect his police job and luck created by misunderstanding :ph34r:

afdfaff6b4ecde7c3b8233139dfd2d4c.jpgA new case or something again related to JC and HJ or may be WT..........( who's his dad and why in jail.....? )afad47f02c6b42e12043ad0ed5c276da.jpg

Spoiler

bb43afe10d9a456de9c35256a31676ce.jpgcuteness overloaded from every angle:love:

But ending so sad......The change in dream change the future with tragic consequences why:bawling:....I'm still hoping it as a dream of Woo tak.....If it's not a dream why WT not having dreams for JC. 

• Like 5

Today's episode is too sad T__T

the scene when HJ wakes up crying and runs over to JC's house, rumbling through his clothes while feeling so desperate and helpless had me crying along with her. and the ending part omg, writer-nim is tearing me apart OTL

• Like 5

hi everyone!

I've bee watching the drama with excitement and delight. everyone in the drama are awesome. there is no need to say how good is the script and directing.

now, I'll mention one thing that many of you may find it funny. it is about lee jong suk' nose. yes, u didn't read wrong, Lee Jong Suk' NOSE. god! he got really really bad surgery and it looks little tiny dot in the middle of his face and I can't stop being disturbed. sometimes I find myself that I leave the drama and pray for he will get another nose job. if there is somebody who is fan of him and reach him, please let him know!

thanx in advanced :grimace:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

hi everyone, I'm still in recovery mode, so I managed to watch until last night episode, but haven't read all this thread here... I'm sorry :cold_sweat:

so I just want to express my feeling after watched ep 17-18 :)

I never thought of robot vacuum can make those pattern, I never had robot vacuum, and it makes me want to buy it :tongue:

I loves JC with a hoodieeeeee.... he is so cute, JC, WT and younger JC is so handsome and I got distracted :lol:

and just really wondering why WT stop dreaming about JC? 

Phew I never thought it is so hard to be "right" in this world, it is so hard to do some justice, the media and rich people makes it so hard, poor JC he got shot, and I want to watch the next episode asap :bawling:

Okay, I'm still not really in the right mind, can't make any theories, my head still dizzy :wacko:

• Like 5

My thoughts :) 

• JH is probably one of the best girlfriends of all time. Her reaction after she witnessed the dream was heartbreaking. She didn't lose any time, she went straight to him and desperately tried to save him. That my dear chingus is pure and true love. And I'm sure JC values this more than any kiss or physical interaction could ever do. Seeing her crying in oure desperation is something no man will ever forget. His eyes also confirms this when he holds her in his arms. 
  • I love how calm and analytical JC deals with the situation.
  • And I want the cat who lies on the wall! Give it to me! NOW! :bawling:
  • There is nothing scarier than a screaming girlfriend. JC was right to follow her order to change right away. :D 
  • Hyang-Mi has really beautiful legs. (Sorry, I'm a guy, I notice such things.)
  • JC's hug was so sweet :) 
  • The scene where JC realizes that JH is Chestnut is just......magical.....probably one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen.
  • Lol, at the start of the episode I randomly said "nah, you won't get stabbed, you get shot"....and he REALLY gets shot :o Omo!
  • But well, it was clear that something happens to him. 

OMg I really thought they were going to change the future AND save Jae-chan. I lost my will to keep myself in this drama with that somber preview and the flatline and Jae-chan doesn't appears... but then Kang-chul appears! What? Haha that sweatshirt is Kang-chul's. JC's gunshot is messing with my head. Don't die Jae-chan! 

(Of course I'm not leaving this drama and Jae-chan will live because he has to declare his undying love for Chestnut)

I hate Lee Yubom :angry:

• Like 7

I was beginning to wonder if the writer had decided to forego the whole "final destination" effect that she had set up in the early episodes and I'm glad it's been brought back because I was starting to lose interest in the drama without any real stakes happening.  For the past few episodes I was only tuning in to see LJS be cute and the comedic moments.  

I wasn't into the romance either, but this might be because I don't feel the chemistry between LJS and Suzy.  It wasn't until this latest scene when they had the flashbacks of the kid versions with HJ crying over JC that I felt something.  It's probably the first time I saw pain emoting from her face.  I had not been impressed with her crying scenes before this.

Also I thought the ring that JC bought looked kind of similar in style to Do Min Joon's proposal ring from MLFTS and it turned out they're sponsored by the same brand lol.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bluecat13 said:

hi everyone!

I've bee watching the drama with excitement and delight. everyone in the drama are awesome. there is no need to say how good is the script and directing.

now, I'll mention one thing that many of you may find it funny. it is about lee jong suk' nose. yes, u didn't read wrong, Lee Jong Suk' NOSE. god! he got really really bad surgery and it looks little tiny dot in the middle of his face and I can't stop being disturbed. sometimes I find myself that I leave the drama and pray for he will get another nose job. if there is somebody who is fan of him and reach him, please let him know!

thanx in advanced :grimace:

Jong Suk does have a weird nose, I doubt it is surgery since his brother has the exact same nose. Its a pity it is preventing you from enjoying the drama completely. But on behalf of his fans, I can say we love his nose. It is these imperfections which make a person, which makes them unique. Some people have crooked teeth, he has a small nose, it is his signature. Its unfair to ask him to change that. I was actually hoping he would get his nose insured, it is too cute!

As for your problem, I'll advice you to focus on his eyes when he is on screen, he has really pretty eyes.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Riman Rakshit said:

Jong Suk does have a weird nose, I doubt it is surgery since his brother has the exact same nose. Its a pity it is preventing you from enjoying the drama completely. But on behalf of his fans, I can say we love his nose. It is these imperfections which make a person, which makes them unique. Some people have crooked teeth, he has a small nose, it is his signature. Its unfair to ask him to change that. I was actually hoping he would get his nose insured, it is too cute!

As for your problem, I'll advice you to focus on his eyes when he is on screen, he has really pretty eyes.

Aw, I think he has a distinctive but nice nose, too. I don't see it as much different from pictures of him when he was young? If he did have surgery, I don't think it changed much. Everyone has a quirk; that's his.

Sorry I am not recapping, just reacting, but I don't know enough Korean yet to both watch and recap. I'm still waiting to watch it with full subs. But I think the whole drawn-out backstory between JJC and NHJ has been really nicely handled. Those young actors are dead on target, and the writing is really nice, too. Loved the moment when JC put all the pieces together. I liked how LJS handled his character there. Jae Chan is an appealing character.

I continue to like Woo Tak; he's a good, consistent character who I have all kinds of questions about.

So, does JJC's younger brother know that everyone has these prophetic dreams? He knows that JC does. And NHJ's mom knows that she does. (And she knows JC does too, right?) I'm just trying to figure out as they all sit down to breakfast together if all five of them are on the same page.

The soundtrack and cinematography continue to be great.

The one thing that is pulling me out is the constant references to past dramas. Once or twice is cute, an inside joke, but the way in which so many scenes are filmed is sometimes so pointed a reference that I forget to pay attention to WYWS and start thinking about W or IHYV or School 2013 or Doctor Stranger or Pinocchio instead. (Or maybe the problem is just me, and I have watched too many LJS dramas too many times?) But I do like the things you can do with pre-produced dramas; the acting and editing and soundtrack, etc. is really well integrated, and you really get caught up as you're watching.

We're halfway through, right? Wonder what You Bum is up to next...

• Like 6

I cant stop comparing Choi Siwon’s recent controversy to the events in yesterday’s episode. The power of reporters and knets.... am i the only one? Hahaha... knets should look at yesterday’s episode as a reflection of themselves. Im not judging Siwon’s controversy, I just mean it generally, as in the power of reporters and knets that decide who is right or wrong all the time. Wonder how many ppl suffer as a consequences of it... 

From the moment JC realises HJ is the kid from his past, and started running, i was already afraid, cos im remembering HJ’s dream. And when HJ started narrating about how changes causes more changes, like a ripple effect, and one doesnt know whether its moving to a good side or bad side, i was on tenterhooks! I know its not looking good. :o Sigh. Im all out of theories cos there’s just none. Im confused why WT seems to have stopped dreaming. Could it be because after the stabbing, WT had technically ‘payback’ his gratefulness to JC, so he no longer have the prophesizing dreams of JC? 

Honestly, not purposely putting Suzy’s acting down... maybe its just her face is like that.. i just cant help feeling the scene at the beginning of yest ep, when Suzy went into JC’s hse and cried,  Suzy’s facial expression just lacks that little bit more of expression. Its subtle. Somehow, its just lacking that 10% and im not as convinced as i could be. I cant help wondering how it could have been, if its a better actress in that scene. LJS’s acting was on point though, and their combination makes it passable.. just not as great as it could have been. Maybe thats why im not really feeling their chemistry 100%. To be fair though, Suzy has improved since her Dream High days. Or maybe, to be better, Suzy should just do preproduced dramas. It has better timeframe, and she have more time to fine tune her acting. Live shooting dramas are pressed for time, and may compromise on quality. Just saying...

@bluecat13 i did noticed LJS’s nose seems weird when i started watching him on I Hear Your Voice. I also thought it was maybe PS at first, but cant seem to find any evidence he did any though. It does seems abit too tiny and incompatible with the rest of his features. But im a person who looks at eyes more than any other features, and LJS have expressive eyes in spades! So its easily overlooked. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Baseball Season Affecting Drama Times, Cancellations, And Viewership Ratings

Witchs-Court-While-You-Were-Sleeping-Degree-of-Love.jpg

Fall in Korea means new dramas and the start of the professional baseball season.

Baseball is one of the most popular Korean professional sports to watch. The sport has many fans who guarantee high viewership ratings, so all other programs scheduled to air around the same time as a baseball game have started becoming affected by the games. MBC, SBS, and KBS have been taking turns broadcasting games and cancelling shows.

Usually, baseball games start at 6:30 p.m. and last for about three hours. This means any programs that start at the 10 p.m. timeslot will be affected, which is the usual timeslot for many dramas.

Dramas have already felt the aftereffects of being pushed out of their timeslot. SBS’s “Degree of Love” was cancelled last Tuesday which angered lots of viewers because the cancellation was announced 30 minutes after the regular air time. Previously, “Degree of Love” was the No. 1 drama in its timeslot at the time.

However, after the cancellation of the episode due to baseball and the continuing success of KBS2’s “Witch’s Court,” its viewership ratings dropped and the drama fell into second place.

MBC’s “Hospital Ship” was also delayed for 30 minutes on October 18 during the second round of playoffs. After the game, the nightly news aired, followed by “Hospital Ship.” The viewership ratings of SBS’s “While You Were Sleeping,” KBS2’s “Mad Dog,” and MBC’s “Hospital Ship” have all declined since cancellations started on October 18 and haven’t recuperated since.

The Korean baseball playoffs will come to an end on November 2.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/25/baseball-season-affecting-drama-times-cancellations-viewership-ratings/

• Like 5