[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got tears in my eyes. Cant imagine my weekend without the drama. Its been a half year...  im not use to it.... ommo i really sad.....

the only thing can give my cheers  back is if any good news from our OTP. 

Thank you to all my chingus here esp @TheMsChelsea91 @valzki for ur wonderful recap and all other chingus that contribute opinion, pics and all. Sarangheyo.chongmal.

A very heartfelt 'Thank you' to all those bighearted Soompiers for their hard work in providing us with the summaries of every episode. Being that kind of reader who always reads the ending of a story first, these summaries are a must for me. God Bless all your beautiful people!

Had just finished 53 sub and 54 raw...:tongue:

I LOVE HS! He is really kind this 2 eps, his acting is so good I forgot all the evil things he did on ep 1-52 :D

Super happy with how happy YS is! Don't know why but I was like seeing JYH instead of YS?:blush: And DJ is so happy to I am confused between LDG and DJ...LOL I read a comment in instagram stating this about the scene where DJ-YS was outside the doctor's room after YS pregnancy is diagnosed: "If LDG doesn't have any feeling to JYH, it means he is really a good actor" . This is also what I feel! Keep asking myself "How come they act so naturally like that?" Well I still hoping we will get some good news soon about them...in real life...*wink-wink* Please chingus if any of you got the hot news about this two...post it here OK? I will never turn off my notification from this forum :ph34r: Oh DJ lines which is my fav is when he kneeled down, touch YS tummy and say "hoobang-a, this is your father" somehow it touches my heart...

I also looove how pretty HW is...I never bored looking at her smile, and also how she love TY sincerely is really entertaining. I also asked about their chemistry as well, they seems soo comfortable with each other too, and not to mention TY-ES chemistry is so good as well. 

One thing that feels missed is GJ absence in the last episodes, is she sick or maybe already shoot another drama since our drama is extended? Somehow it feels weird. And like post above, isn't it weird that after DJ-YS baby was born, MS-GJ didn't rush to Seoul to see DJ son? Aren't DJ is GJ precious son?

Yes, it is rather gloomy end for our drama...I was wishing a cheerful end, everybody gather in the house, MS-GJ holds their grandson, took another family photo. My expectation also went too high when DJ, SD, TP promised themselves an anniversary wedding held together, I thought "Aaah finally DJ-YS will get a proper wedding" but we didn't get any on ep 54 tee-hee-hee...

And...the romance for DJ-YS? 2 quick kisses on ep 54, so my friend, the sacred kiss as we mentioned before, yes only 1 sacred kiss on ep 20-ish for the whole 54 eps LOL...Now I even think maybe actor/actress like LDG/JYH is limiting kiss scenes to limit gossip or maybe because this is a family drama that kids could watch also...hmm...

So sad...I wish I could see LDG-JYH paired again on another drama. But I never seen an OTP being casted again for different title, though, but I'm still hoping for a sequel OR... paired in real life? LOL:heart:

Finally dear chingus, to whom I can't mention name by name...

Although we never met in person, nor know each other names, but I really feel like I found a new family here, just because we watched this drama every weekend...

All the roller coaster of emotion we had, the anger we had together when something bad happened to our fav OTP, cheering together when the villains suffer LOL and also cry together for sad scenes. This forum make the 6 days worth-waiting and reading all your comments really brighten up my days for the past 6 months. I know this will sounds silly to some people but this drama really is different from any other drama I've ever seen. The warmth, the impressive tone, our rants in this forum will be always remembered.

In case one of the crew read this....you all did an amazing job, thank you very much for working very hard, on hot summer until freaking cold winter in Korea, you overcame it all to serve the viewers the best scenes...All the actors and actress too, your caring towards each other, your kind heart is like reaching out of screen, I do really can see it. Thank you for amazing actings, I will definitely watch this drama over and over again. 

Please don't delete this forum, let's catch up once in a while, reminiscing our good old times.

Oh and for DJ-YS shippers, I did promised you few pages back to post a recap of DJ-YS scenes from ep 1-54, my recap is on ep 29, will continue to recap them and post it here when it's ready.

Love you all, take care :heart:

49 minutes ago, delphinium8593 said:

Had just finished 53 sub and 54 raw...:tongue:

I LOVE HS! He is really kind this 2 eps, his acting is so good I forgot all the evil things he did on ep 1-52 :D

Super happy with how happy YS is! Don't know why but I was like seeing JYH instead of YS?:blush: And DJ is so happy to I am confused between LDG and DJ...LOL I read a comment in instagram stating this about the scene where DJ-YS was outside the doctor's room after YS pregnancy is diagnosed: "If LDG doesn't have any feeling to JYH, it means he is really a good actor" . This is also what I feel! Keep asking myself "How come they act so naturally like that?" Well I still hoping we will get some good news soon about them...in real life...*wink-wink* Please chingus if any of you got the hot news about this two...post it here OK? I will never turn off my notification from this forum :ph34r: Oh DJ lines which is my fav is when he kneeled down, touch YS tummy and say "hoobang-a, this is your father" somehow it touches my heart...

I also looove how pretty HW is...I never bored looking at her smile, and also how she love TY sincerely is really entertaining. I also asked about their chemistry as well, they seems soo comfortable with each other too, and not to mention TY-ES chemistry is so good as well. 

One thing that feels missed is GJ absence in the last episodes, is she sick or maybe already shoot another drama since our drama is extended? Somehow it feels weird. And like post above, isn't it weird that after DJ-YS baby was born, MS-GJ didn't rush to Seoul to see DJ son? Aren't DJ is GJ precious son?

Yes, it is rather gloomy end for our drama...I was wishing a cheerful end, everybody gather in the house, MS-GJ holds their grandson, took another family photo. My expectation also went too high when DJ, SD, TP promised themselves an anniversary wedding held together, I thought "Aaah finally DJ-YS will get a proper wedding" but we didn't get any on ep 54 tee-hee-hee...

And...the romance for DJ-YS? 2 quick kisses on ep 54, so my friend, the sacred kiss as we mentioned before, yes only 1 sacred kiss on ep 20-ish for the whole 54 eps LOL...Now I even think maybe actor/actress like LDG/JYH is limiting kiss scenes to limit gossip or maybe because this is a family drama that kids could watch also...hmm...

So sad...I wish I could see LDG-JYH paired again on another drama. But I never seen an OTP being casted again for different title, though, but I'm still hoping for a sequel OR... paired in real life? LOL:heart:

Finally dear chingus, to whom I can't mention name by name...

Although we never met in person, nor know each other names, but I really feel like I found a new family here, just because we watched this drama every weekend...

All the roller coaster of emotion we had, the anger we had together when something bad happened to our fav OTP, cheering together when the villains suffer LOL and also cry together for sad scenes. This forum make the 6 days worth-waiting and reading all your comments really brighten up my days for the past 6 months. I know this will sounds silly to some people but this drama really is different from any other drama I've ever seen. The warmth, the impressive tone, our rants in this forum will be always remembered.

In case one of the crew read this....you all did an amazing job, thank you very much for working very hard, on hot summer until freaking cold winter in Korea, you overcame it all to serve the viewers the best scenes...All the actors and actress too, your caring towards each other, your kind heart is like reaching out of screen, I do really can see it. Thank you for amazing actings, I will definitely watch this drama over and over again. 

Please don't delete this forum, let's catch up once in a while, reminiscing our good old times.

Oh and for DJ-YS shippers, I did promised you few pages back to post a recap of DJ-YS scenes from ep 1-54, my recap is on ep 29, will continue to recap them and post it here when it's ready.

Love you all, take care :heart:

Yes, I feel the same about HS. I used to hate him but now I forgot all his sins hahaha. He is very cute and I can feel his humble-self, his new-found friendship at the Wolgyesu is heart warming. Oh, how I wish the writer could get him more screen time at Wolgyesu :) I don't feel much about JY her change isn't convincing I don't know while HJ chose to go aboard is quite predictable since everything about Meesa or her room will remind her of DJ and the biggest mistake of her life. However, I have no sympathy for this character .. sorry ^_^

Yes I agreed with other fans like @effyisme mentioned there was no more Lee Dong Jin but Lee Dong Gun over the place haha. And I saw he was clearly shy when he lip-pecked YS .. he kissed her then immediately looked down like he's all fluttering .. my delulu mode is on autopilot now ..

and there is NO GJ in the final .. it's a lame escape/excuse when every time people asked where GJ was, Mr.Lee would answer she was going to the market or she went to bed .. in fact she is busy shooting another drama.

Now I'd also like to thank all lovely chingus here, @TheMsChelsea91 @valzki @effyisme @luvsdramas @peggygordon @delphinium8593 @caranthir_idril @dulceres @windywind @rubie @nubianlegalmind @gowolgyesu

@ck1Oz @chasen8888 @Lmangla @hibiscus23 @Daisy Str @sava2sava @vaberella and @bajing where have you been? I haven't seen you for a while ... I'm sorry if I miss out some names ..

you guys make me feel like coming home every weekend. I feel warm and welcome for the past 4 months I've been frequenting in this thread. so THANK YOUUUUU. I love you and wish you all good health and luck. :heart::heart::heart:

I will keep checking and saying something in this thread coz I don't want our small community here to be forgotten too soon ..

1 hour ago, effyisme said:

My fellow obsessive shippers - should we start a new thread to officially shipping our OTP? :wub:

I can't believe it's over and I have never felt so empty after a drama ends.. :(

YESSSS we should do this. Anything I can help? let me know :)

I feel empty too thinking about life after without Wolgyesu every weekend. The outlook looks bleak .. I hope we've got good news from LDG and JYH being in a real relationship to heal my withdrawal symptom :wub: keep my fingers & toes crossed. (my toes can curl smoothly after several practicing heehee)

One more thing before going to bed .. DJ&YS's son is very cute. The baby is sooooo cute I want to touch his cheek and hold him. Hope the baby's pure magic will make our OTP want to build their own family in real life. Good Night dear chingus..

@valzki I'm here! I just managed to catch up on the previous 3 episodes yesterday...

Here's a translation (Chinese source) of a LDG article regarding his feelings for the drama's finale (belated because it came out before the episode). Korean sources of similar content: Osen, KBS Media

Today (Feb. 26), actor Lee Dong Gun expressed his feelings regarding the finale of KBS2 weekend drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" through his management agency FNC Entertainment. Lee Dong Gun said: "I am very honored to have smoothly finished shooting the 54 episode long drama. I am also very happy to have been able to go through thick and thin with the cast/crew." He also added, "To have filmed happily for such a long time, to think that it is now the finale, I can't help but feel a bit of loss. I will cherish the time lived as Lee Dong Jin. A sincere thank you to the audience friends who have supported "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop." I will come back in the future with a good drama to repay everyone."

In "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop," Lee Dong Gun plays Lee Dong Jin, the only son of a tailor shop owner, a character who appears to be cold on the outside but is passionate on the inside, and refuses to take over the family business.

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" takes place in Wolgyesu, a bespoke tailor shop with a long history in Korea. It depicts the story of four men's laughter, tears, success, and love. The last episode will be broadcasted tonight at 7:55 pm (54th episode).

I'll commemorate the end with someone else's beautiful pic of the tailor shop:

to all dear chingoos here, nadu me too i feel empy not only bc this wonderful drama ended but we became like a Tailor family too having to share our thoughts, sentiments & all that about this. i just finished watching the finale raw but is everybody happy with the way this ended? some thoughts came to mind though, what ever happened in such a long time that the OTP conceived had the baby & that wld be about 9 or 10 months more, do the math, but none of them visited haraboji & halamoni? that seems v odd & why is TY the only one who made an effort in this last epis to see haraboji then finding that he's now blind? i hope the actress playing halamoni isn't ill or is she just doing another drama?overall it's not a rushed ending in my opinion or was it?

@effyisme yes we shld start another thread to all our soompiers here & OTP shippers!

yes all chingoos here, let's keep in touch & come back here if we ever have any news of our OTP, i guess we can envision how JYH/LDG will be if they become real partners in life, how they will take care of their own baby wink wink! i really think their baby resembles LDG, soooooper cute baby & like one of you said i also feel like pinching his cheeks! btw we didn't see them kissed again in these last few episodes :( this photo below must be the only (long) kiss they had? awww

maxresdefault.jpg

i wondered though is there really a Wolgyesu tailor place in SK? ahh i luv their ocean view in that last scene! SK is indeed a beautiful country!

anyway, i'm bad with all the usernames here but i'd say IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING ALL OF YOU HERE & although this has wrapped up, i hope TO SEE YOU ALL again in another thread, better yet pls pls like one of you indicated if you hear anything about our OTP kindly share it here! :)

s41.jpg?w=640

first time i've seen this photo above & thought of posting it here, kinda nice look at our OTP

we won't say our goodbyes but so long & keep rooting for our LDG/JYH! THANK YOU TO ALL who unselfishly contributed & shared with us vids, pix, osts you know who you are :) KAMSA HAB NIDA chingoos! See you again in another thread! Yes we shld not delete this thread! it's so sad to let this drama go, we can watch till 100 epis if a drama is this good i dunno why some dramas can get to almost 100+ long but this one just ended in 54!  :dissapointed_relieved: this is one drama that i wldnt mind re-watching again! :)

@Blizzardistkaputt

" oh dear....has the old lady died??? (sorry, I couldn't wait but watched the last 50seconds of the finale without subtitles) "

No she didn't, she is always mentioned in passing. The actress Kim Young Ae would have other obligation & commitment as the drama was suppose to contract to end at 50 episode & with the 4 episode extension, she couldn't be available therefore

When DJ inform his father that YS is pregnant, she went to the market

When DJ decided to move his parents back to Seoul after his father lost his sight, YS stay back to help her mother in law packed up Gangneung house

At least they ending scene was in Jeongdojin Beach (정동진해변) which is near Gangneung

2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

not sure why i got those pix in double :( sorry! chingoos all is quiet in this 'waterfront' :) let's hope we'll see these guys again in another drama esp our OTP!

Don't worry chingu! Brb! A lot to do at work. I've caught the raw and will catch the subbed later today! Btw you could check out LDG and JYH's forums which @pinkdicentra restarted. Some of us are there on and off. That is one of my favourite smokin hawt photos of them. They are just so physically compatible. 

I loved Dong Jin wanted to make 3 more babies named after "buns". So cute ... He may be making clothes but his next job is a "baker". Sung Tae Pyung may not be an expecting father in the drama but actor Choi Won Young is expecting his second child with his actress wife Shin Yi Young.

It FINALLY ends!!! *relieved* @pimsucre: I am still here, dear friend!!!! *hugs!*

Anyway, because I was afraid to be a party pooper :lol:, I initially debated hard with myself whether to write or not some of my residual rants. But I think I have accumulated more than enough goodwill for this drama that I should have the rights to voice my final rants, heh. I hope nobody will kill me for raining on the parade. But it will just be a drizzle, promise! B)

Although I am thankful that the last 4 eps showed a vast improvement compared to the previous few, I somehow just cdnt muster any excitement about the last 2 eps. Probably because the drama has lost most of its luster ever since the extension was confirmed. Or probably because the writer kept stretching my ability to suspend my disbelief.

For example, though I am partly glad that HJ was redeemed, I cant help but scoff-laughed at the writer's clumsy attempt at redeeming her character by having that last message from her father during the 1 year memorial service. Maybe I am too nit-picky, but the timing of the message felt too incredulous to me. Why did her father waited 20+ years to divulge this fact, knowing how much the decision to bring ES home has hurt his daughter and made her unable to accept her step family?! Even if this makes sense, why didnt he told this while he was sick in order to bridge the schism in the family before his death?! Even if this also makes sense, why wait until a year has passed since his death to disclose the fact, knowing full well how his death would set off power struggle between HJ and her step family?! And it made me rolled my eyes at the way the writer tried to elicit our sympathy by making HJ alone, sick and tearful. I felt emotionally manipulated a lil bit. Maybe I just cant be as magnanimous as the people in this drama. I still felt a bit bitter about how HJ never properly apologized to YS for all of her past machinations. And NO, asking another person to send your apology and giving a pair of baby shoes were not enough to repay the damage that she has inflicted to DJ-YS. Especially because her last interaction with YS was her putting YS down in public for her lack of good background. Besides the luck of being born in a rich family, what great things have she achieved in her life from her own efforts?! And she dares to look down at YS?! *scoffs* YS has managed to survive and made some sort of life for herself despite the odds of life stacked against her! If there's zombie apocalypse, it will be people like YS who will survive instead of entitled spoiled brats like HJ who is too mighty to lift her own hands. I just cant stand elitist like her. To see the writer sending her off to Belgium just like that made me felt just :crazy:. Oh well, whatever *shrugs*. None of the redemption felt earned to me anyway. All of them felt like a desperate attempt to brush every bad deeds that these people have ever done under the rug. So it's all sunshine and rainbows, heh.

Someone here said previously how the pacing of the drama has gone weird since the extension was confirmed and I cannot agree more. I find that the extension has made the drama focusing too much on less important stuffs instead of staying true to the main message that has been painstakingly built throughout the prior episodes. Some relatively trivial plot point (e.g. HGP & HJ's redemption) got dragged on, while the more important one (MS' blindness)  got rushed towards its solution. Although the drama has managed to revive some of its tone and thoughtfulness in the last 2 weeks, they still felt like a watered down version for me. All of this make me wonder whether we wdve gotten a successful wedding for DJ-YS had we have no extension. Or whether we wdve gotten the writer not wasting his time in questionable redemption attempts. Or whether we wdve gotten a more satisfying conclusion to MS' inevitable blindness. Although I find the final scene to be very touching, I wish we wdve not stopped there. I wish I cd see MS and GJ holding their grandson in their lap. I know that the drama probably cd not manage to get the elderly actors' schedule to fit the extension, but it still made me sad to see the absence of MS & GJ during the birth of their first grandson. I think what made me sad and a bit wistful is thinking of all of these "what cdve been". Anyway, extension or no- extension, I think Kdrama writers still need to be sent to "How to Write a Good Drama Ending" school because their track records so far are not too impressive. 

After raining on everyone's party, lol, I think I owe you the brave souls who read this post a more positive spin about this drama to end on a better note. So I decided to choose my 10 fave scenes from these drama as some sort of celebration (also to remind myself why I fell in love with this drama in the first place). Because there are too many, I kinda cheated by separating them into 10 fave scenes related to my fave OTP and 10 non-related to my fave OTP :D. Here they are in no particular order except for the numero uno of each category.

10 Fave non-OTP Scenes:

Spoiler

10. DJ-MS conversation after DJ finding out about his illness in Ep 9 & 10. This scene is special for me for the father-son bonding. I love their conversation about the meaning of happiness, of letting go greed and expectation. I like that it was opened by DJ kneeling down to his father because until that moment, he DID treat his family quite callously. This conversation for me is the start of DJ' turning point as a character.

9. Fights at the bar in Ep. 16. I love this scene for two reasons. First, for the start of the bromance. Second, for how uncool and petty the fight was. I love that none of the guys looked cool during the fight. How the four men make use of everything in their vicinity as their weapon always put a smile on my face. And to have them swearing brotherhood in rice-soup stall afterwards was like an icing on the cake.

8. SN meeting DS' cheap-skate blind-date for the first time in Ep. 19. Ra Mi Ran IS a great actress. Unfortunately, I cant say that I like her character in this drama. However, I adore this scene so so much. I love the way SN made Mr. Stingy completely flummoxed by her antics. It's quite a comedy gold.  

7. The four men walking the catwalk in Ep. 22. Do I even need to explain why?! Four handsome men in suits strutting the catwalk?! Eye-candy people?! And bromance?!

6. TP having his hair cut in Ep. 24. This scene restored my faith in TP's character development. I love that he went specifically to Dajung's place of work for this momentous occasion in his life. I teared up with him as he laid down his pride as a rocker for another shot at making a different genre of music.

5. DJ confronting HGP in jail in Ep. 29. I love everything about this scene. From DJ unfazed reaction to HGP's threats to him telling HGP that he loves YS straight on to HGP's face. But most importantly, I love the scene for the line that DJ said to HGP about how he harassing YS to weaken her resolve in resisting him was not love but a violence. It's such a refreshing conversation between two men in dramaland. If only the writer capped this story thread properly...sigh....

4. HW and ES Mother-Daughter talk at TY' house in Ep. 32. I'll be honest. I have a love and hate relationship with HW as a character. Probably because I am someone who like my personal space, the way HW went all over TY, even in his work space, felt a bit smothering for me. However, moments like this mother-daughter talk always somehow brought me back to her side to some extent. Aside from having HW's thoughtful side, I like this conversation in particular because it reinforces the grand narrative of this drama, about our life choices and the meaning of happiness and love.   

3. DS-TP Wedding in Ep. 34. This wedding is probably one of the most heartfelt wedding in dramaland that Ive ever seen. I love how simple it was. I love that it was Dajung who walked her mom to the aisle. I love the wedding vow. And I love the four guys singing to the bride, concluded with TP declaring his love to his new wife. In short, I will forever be salty to not have this kind of scene for DJ-YS. *middle finger to the writer*

2. MS' farewell party in Ep. 49. I love that it was YS who suggested this farewell party. And just like her, the party was both beautiful and meaningful. It's not only a celebration for MS' life's dedication, but also an honoring of a tradition which unfortunately we, modern human, frequently forget or gloss over. The whole scene felt so heartwarming and sincere. How can I not love it?

1. MS' monologue while practicing walking with the stick in Ep.47. For me, this entire monologue encapsulates the whole essence of this drama. I love every line in this monologue. The depth of every words uttered by MS will always get me. Add to that, these words were said as he was preparing for the inevitable darkness in his future. It took a strength of a character to be able to see the hope in life even at one of his own hopeless moment. This scene felt so poignant in the best way. And what a beautiful message this scene contains, sniff....

10 Fave OTP Scenes:

Spoiler

10. YS' father memorial in Ep 15. Technically, this is not quite an OTP moment as DJ was only spying on YS as she poured her heart to her late-father. But I put this here because of the importance of this scene for me. It was THE moment when I felt that I finally managed to grasp the full picture of YS' character. How she showed the whole of her only in the safety of privacy. I love also the way LDG's expression subtlety shifted as he watched YS talking to her late-father. He has no lines in this scene, but I cd see everything written clearly on his face. I like this scene also because of the significance of this scene in influencing DJ's view about YS. Or maybe this scene is special for a simple reason how it never failed to make me cry. 

9. DJ walking YS home for the first time in Ep. 17. I love how sweet the whole scene is. It's just adorable how DJ used any possible excuses just to prolong his time with YS. I also love the way DJ's eyes followed YS as she went up the stairs. Add to that, was his expression full of wonder and happiness as his gaze continued to follow her.  The whole scene from beginning to end always gives me warm fuzzies :wub::wub::wub:

8. YS hugging DJ in ep 21. I think I like this scene so much because of DJ's reaction to the hug. How awesome it was to see the mighty DJ, who's usually calm as a cucumber, got weak on the knees just because of a hug?! And if that's not lovable enough, he even had to loose his tie because the hug made him hot and bothered. This probably the most adorable moment of DJ in this drama. I, of course, have watched this scene so many times that I can probably recount it in my head in HD quality, lol.

7. DJ' confession in ep 25. I find DJ's confession to YS to be quite epic. The poor man practically declared that he liked YS for 4 times in less than 10 minutes! Twice by phone and twice directly. And how adorable YS' reaction was?! I just love everything about this scene. It's a mixture of cute, funny, sweet and heartfelt in one bundle. I cd feel the adrenaline rush from these two even thru my screen. Probably because my heart thumped in sync with these two characters, lol.

6. First Kiss in Ep. 29. Do I even need to explain why?! It still made me giggle whenever I watch the way YS said it's okay to kiss her despite DJ's cold. The girl was as desperate as the guy, lolol. I am sad that we didnt get another kiss like this for our OTP *flipped the bird at the writer*

5. YS' "Ramyun of Jealousy" in Ep. 31. I think I like this scene because I always find "spoiled" YS to be extremely adorable. Probably because she rarely let herself to be selfish, YS "throwing tantrums" at DJ always felt endearing to me. I am sure DJ also felt the same given his reaction each time she sulked. And of course just like how only YS who can bring such joy in DJ, it's also only DJ who can bring out this petty side of YS. I like this scene also because it's ended with YS gathering her courage to kiss DJ on the cheek. For someone who is as reserved as YS, her initiating a skinship was such a huge step. And I was so proud of my girl. And I love the look of wonder in DJ's face after the kiss. Like he said, he just cdnt help to fall for her even more.

4. Wedding picture in Ep. 37. Thankfully we still have this wedding picture scene. Otherwise I wouldve send a death curse at the writer for not giving us OTP's wedding. This scene felt especially poignant because we, the viewers, and YS knew that she was planning to leave DJ the next day after this day. This scene is both beautiful and bittersweet. And gosh, the way DJ looked at his bride didnt help my broken heart to settle at all, sniff...

3. The hug at strawberry farm in Ep. 40. Since I am lazy, lol,  I will just copy what I wrote before in this thread about this scene (tho I had to find it first, arghh...). "he whole hugging scene gave me so much life. I love every bits of it: the candle-lit background of their meeting, the initial slo-mo walk before DJ rushing to hug YS so tightly, how time seemed to stop when he reached her, his expression like he has found his universe back, his immediate reaction to fuss over her followed by another hug like he could not get enough of her."

2. Exchanging ring in Ep. 41. I just love everytjing about this scene, from the OTP's outfit to the lighting. I love how low key and genuine the whole affair was. It was just two of them making a vow to be together no matter the challenge. I cant help falling again for this couple for this scene. OOT: I love LDG's hands, so manly and well-manicured, lol. 

1. My No. 1 Ultimate Favorit-est Fave Scene: YS "indirect" confession in ep 27 & 28. If DJ's confession provided the cute and sweetness, YS confession provided depth and warmth. I love all the parallels contained in the whole scene. Once again YS accidentally "eavesdropping" on DJ and HJ, but DJ's reaction was such a complete opposite of his reaction then. He still called YS like a cat peeking on his conversation with HJ, but now he said this with a teasing tone instead of anger like before. Once again DJ got his chest hit by a woman, but the intended damage was completely different. When HJ hit him on his chest, it was done with full vicious intent. But YS, being who she is, just cdnt bring herself to hurt him even when she felt wretchedly jealous. I also love how the writer subverted my expectation that YS finding HJ and DJ talking wd create a misunderstanding between them. Instead, this became the catalyst for YS to show her true feelings to DJ.

But the main reason why I love this scene so much was none of the above. It's because DJ said to YS thank you for liking him back. This was the line that sealed the deal for me to root for this couple until this drama's bitter end. This is because: to the world, it maybe YS who was seen as getting lucky to be loved by DJ. But to DJ it was, and still is, the complete opposite. To him, having YS to love him back was like him being given the most precious gift in his life. To see him cherished and treasured someone like YS, who probably has only experienced limited true happiness in the past, made me fall for him even more. How can you just not love the man?!   

So those are my fave moments from this drama. Come and join me in telling your fave scenes, folks! I am quite curious what wd other people's choice be.

Looking at the list, I seemed to love this drama best for its more thoughtful moments. Which was why the sub-par story-telling in the past few eps hurt me quite bad. Tho I am still glad for sticking with this drama. Because when this drama managed to get it right, it managed to make it very very well. Although I love all the casts in this drama, I just have to convey my final and special appreciation to LDG and JYH for their sincere performance in this drama. It still pains me that the writer didnt even give proper fanservice for this couple after forcing us to go through the torturous angst (not even a bloody honeymoon! The nerve!). But I still love this couple to the moon and back. It's their story (along with MS' story) that defined this drama for me. It's been a while since I've seen such an organic and heartfelt romance in kdrama. My heart was completely with them as they weathered their trials and tribulations to be together. Urgh, does this mean I will have to thank the writer too for giving me this couple?..........................I'll just say this instead: Thank You and FU Writer!!

Special shout-out to everyone in this thread. I enjoyed so much our discussion, debate and disagreement. Without you all, I mightve not last when the drama took a crappy turn. But here I am still at the end of this journey. Thank you everyone! Glad to have met and known you all. Hopefully we can all meet for another drama. And hopefully we will get more luck with our next drama, lol.

Archived