[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

February 20, 2017

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" comes in first with 35%

Source: TV Daily via Hancinema.net

photo821513.jpg

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV weekend drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" rated 35%.

This is 3% more than the previous episode and the highest ranking drama of the day. With two more episodes to go, will "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" maintain this record?

Meanwhile, "Blow Breeze" rated 26.6% and "Father, I'll Take Care of You" 13.7%.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 20, 2017

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" Hyun Woo and Lee Se Young

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo821514.jpg

The 'Ah-chu couple' Hyun Woo and Lee Se-young got married. They started off as Lee Se-young and crush but their families denied them together. The past between Hyun Woo and Cha Joo-yeong surfaced and put their relationship in danger. However, they bloomed even more and the whole nation was on their side.

On the latest episode of the KBS weekend drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop", Tae-yang (Hyun Woo) and Hyo-won (Lee Se-young) got married. Tae-yang helped with Hyo-won's father's commemorative by cooking himself but he got driven out by Hyo-sang (Park Eun-seok).

Hyo-sang heard Tae-yang helped to get his house and went over to be angry at him but Tae-yang said, "I'm sorry I can't be better for Hyo-won" and touched Hyo-sang's heart.

A few days later, Tae-yang showed Hyo-won his certificate of appointment and she was very happy for him. He showed him another certificate of appointment and it said Hyo-won was appointed his wife. He had officially proposed to her.

At night, they go to Hyo-won's house but Hyo-sang refuses to let them get married. Then later, Hyo-sang said to Eun-sook (Park Joon-geum), "Let's get them married. He is a good guy even from a guy's point of view". Tae-yang and Hyo-won got blessings from every member of the family and got married.

Hyo-won had a crush on Tae-yang and soon they became a couple. Tae-yang refused to see Hyo-won after learning that his ex-girlfriend was seeing Hyo-won's brother, Hyo-sang but he opened up to her sincerity. They overcame hardships together and finally became a married couple.

Guest my2centsworth

Two great esps this weekend. Enjoyed them both. Went out and purchased extra copies of book...."MEN ARE FROM MARS...WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS"   The musketeers really need to read it...lol  :wink: Will be back for more later. Only have short time in Soompi tonight.

thx  @tikamacikafor starting this thread hi hi to you & all here, i just had to look for this thread after watching this drama and woah 200 plus pages it only goes to show how well liked N how popular this drama has been! at first when i heard fr one of my friends i wasn't that enthused i guess bc of the title :) but i started last week & oh it's one of those addictive kdramas i've seen! am quite late watching this but am sure catching up as fast as i could!

hello all - am new at this tailor thread but old at soompi, however, i can't help but rant or rave here as this drama is super super good, i just started last week & can't seem to stop watching! woah no wonder it's no. 1 in ratings! i find the couple tae yang & hyun wo so cute, all the leads incldg the haraboji & wife are just good, i never saw cha in pyo so funny till now! ah n of course i always admire lee dong gun. kudos also to the writer of this drama, and the cast of this drama are all awesome!

@irilight hi chungu i just saw you were one of those watching this, i'm quite behind in watching/joining here since i just started last week! @dulceres long time no see chingu? howdy both of you? wow this drama is so good, no wonder it's no. 1 in rating! i can't stop watching i did a marathon these past few days & i'm proud of myself hahaha am now on episode 43 if i contin tonight! i read it's almost ending nxt w/end so i hope to catch up in the next few days so i don't get behind your ravings here :)

bb soon!

On 2/18/2017 at 9:32 PM, pimsucre said:

@valzki thanks a lot for your tonight recap and also @rubie thanks again for your quick pics :)

I'm still not recovering from sad & disappointing feelings from the last two episodes. I never finished episode 50, I watched some parts but skipped most of them. The extension ruined the balance of the drama, some issues were dragged too long, some serious points were too easily concluded like what happened to HGP and HS. YS was in no (near) sign of becoming a great female tailor and her love/interaction with DJ seems to feel off to me for some reasons. I prefer them before registering their marriage now they became husband and wife but I felt no excitement. Not that DJ is not sweet or caring but his (husband) direction was just not my expectation. Ms. Ko can't still come to term with her own sin that caused Meesa nearly collapsed and she was shown whining for nearly 2 episodes. I don't find this funny but rather ridiculous ... and this proves the writer still not sober yet.

@caranthir_idril I think the same. SD and HS scenes are funny and help relieved my down mood though I still don't completely forgive HS for what he'd done to HGP/DJ/TY and Meesa. It's very wrong and serious and he actually deserved severe punishment just not switching role to work at Wolgyesu to learn the philosophy blah blah .... SMH

Annyeong chingu :blush: i finally finished watching episode 51. I actually skipped episode 50. Haha... i was disappointed with DJ coming back to Meesa. But after watching eps 51 and watched eps 52 live, i felt relieve after knowing DJ doesn't let YS down. The way he treated YS in front of his co-workers and HJ, he's such a great husband. I admire him more now :wub: he's getting more handsome too. Lol... 

About YS becoming a great tailor, i think the writer is really in a rush to make her one in just 2 episodes? How could they make YS-DJ interactions are lack after their marriage. They should show us more than before right? :( i at least want 1 more passionate kiss from them as i know it's impossible to make them a proper wedding ceremony. Chaebal! 

@pimsucre  @caranthir_idril i agree with both of you. SD and HS scenes are funny. They never fail to make me smile all along the episode. They are always hilarious. Although we know from the beginning we want HS to end up in a jail, but he deserves a second chance though. 

On 2/19/2017 at 0:21 AM, dulceres said:

@valzki, thanks for the recap:blush:,  love reading it and I am not in a hurry to watch Ep 51. Agreed with @pimsucre the extensions ruin the flow of the story:cry:

Have a wonderful weekend to ALL!!!

I think you can watch eps 51 and 52 chingu :wub: i can see all the things are almost settled up. But according to me 4 eps extensions are not enough actually. They seem in a rush. And since this week is the last week for us to watch this drama, i hope all of us want to watch the last 2 eps and join here. Hehe... i can't seem to say goodbye to all chingus here :dissapointed_relieved:

30 minutes ago, valzki said:

I think you can watch eps 51 and 52 chingu :wub: i can see all the things are almost settled up. But according to me 4 eps extensions are not enough actually. They seem in a rush. And since this week is the last week for us to watch this drama, i hope all of us want to watch the last 2 eps and join here. Hehe... i can't seem to say goodbye to all chingus here :dissapointed_relieved:

@valzki Agreed. I feel there will be a rush in the final 2 episodes .. perhaps a time jump?? I think if they can't do it better within 54 episodes, they should stick to its original 50 or else extend to 60 episodes to tie up all loose ends and give us all complete and satisfactory happy endings.

YESS, I'm going to join you and all chingus here for the final week of this drama ... feel sad now :cold_sweat:

On 2/19/2017 at 9:08 AM, rileyelizabeth said:

Hello, everyone!  Three more episodes before we bid this drama farewell.  I am going to miss reading all your posts here.  I thought episode 51 was freaking hilarious and seriously, at this point, I have no idea where we are heading to.  It looks like the writer is determined to redeem everyone without the use of law to punish.  Hong Gi Pyo is now being portrayed as a man misguided by love?  Min Hyo Sang as a misunderstood man whose self-destruct was caused by his very own father?  I'm waiting to see how the writer is going to write Choi Ji Yun's redemption.  Darnit, if the Mins move back into the big mansion with Min Hyoju & MHS takes back Meesa & CJY waltzes back into the Cinderella life she schemed for, the writer would be really pushing their luck.  I am speechless and suspending my belief just because I love Wolgyesu too much.  Sigh.

Hello chingu! 2 more episodes to go. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. Yes, i couldn't agree more to you that the writer is determined to redeem everyone without the use of law to punish. I think he is going to make everyone's life in this drama ends happily ever after? But except HJ. Is there any possibility that she suffers from any illness then she dies? Lol... 

I think Min's family will move back into the big mansion. Perhaps TY buys a big house for them to live together or HJ allows them to stay with her rather than staying alone. And i think DJ will hand over Meesa to HS once HS can sew and make suits by his own. 

On 2/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, caranthir_idril said:

gagagagaaa we think alike, dear.....

i love to see him end up in item with dajung too (at least this is the strong purpose why they are creating her character)......

@caranthir_idril @vaberella yes i wonder what is the purpose of them creating Dajung's character in this drama. Is it just to strength DS's character that she has a daughter and only a man who can accept her daughter that she can marry?

On 2/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, caranthir_idril said:

thank you dear for your wonderful effort recapping live the episodes despite your busy life as a mother..... get well soon wishes for your kids hope for swift recovery too 

It's a pleasure of mine to do the live recapping for all wonderful chingus here :heart: i'm glad to help @TheMsChelsea91 when she's unable to do the recap although i missed some scenes or my lack of understanding in korean language. Thank you so much chingu @caranthir_idril for your kind wishes! For my kids are fully recovered now :blush: they are sending much much love for you :heart:

back here again altho i know u guys are waaaaay ahead of me since am only on epis 46 (their fateful wedding day) but can't help but get angry with na yeon sil for staying at the hospital to tend to those two mean individuals! :( i feel for dong jin that she preferred to stay rather than gg home with him! we know NYS is such a sweet/innocent/naive girl but enough is enough with GP & his outrageous mother! i may sound bad but if i were NYS i'd rather go with DJ since this GP was the reason their wedding was called off! i also hate that ex-wife grrrh i hope that DJ will find out that she's the one who bailed him out! sorry to let it off my chest here i just can't u/stand NYS at all! :) (let me go back to continue with epis 47) am trying to catch up in time for the ending of this drama this w/end LOL!

hello to you all here Tailor die-hards :)

@caranthir_idril thank you chingu for your pics. I am joining you in shipping them personally ^_^ and i just realized that they are look alike :rolleyes: 

@pimsucre thank you so much for you wish chingu. They are completely recovered now :heart: i have time to watch the extensions and reply some of your posts here ^_^  yes, HW is very pretty in her hanbok. Finally can see her getting married in the end.

@rainbowcake0827 i notice them too. I feel that they are comfort enough to each other. 

@hibiscus23 hello chingu! Welcome to this thread :) hope you enjoy this drama like us here although it makes us angry sometimes :D YS decided to stay with GP because she felt bad to him. He had saved her actually. And she will feel relieve after knowing that GP is alright. I believe you can catch up 6 more eps before this coming weekend chingu! Hwaiting :D

On 2/19/2017 at 11:43 PM, delphinium8593 said:

This is 2 LAST EPISODES and we still see JYH frustrated face so often! No wedding, OK. No romantic scene, OK. No kiss, OK. (Judging from how it goes in the last week episodes, we won't get any kiss, don't even mention a wedding). But please no more HJ momentssss...oh is there anybody here shout "Hallelujah" when DJ called her "Yeobo" loudly at Meesa lobby? I throw my fist to the air and shout "Yeahhhh" seeing HJ frustrated face --> one of the best scene ever, but still, not redeeming my disappointment about how this couple needs more happiness! They barely got their freedom!

Sorry to cut your post chingu ^^ it's me! I kept on repeating that scene few times. I like it when DJ called  her "yeobo". He did that to make HJ jealous i think. Lol... it means he was proud to YS as his wife. That's my favorite scene from that episode i think :D

On 2/19/2017 at 11:36 PM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

The housekeeper's off-duty look makes me speechless.

I didn't realize that's her until i read your comment. LOL... 

Dear mods: do i have to merge this post with my previous post? If yes, can you help me to merge them please? I just got and read your msg after i posted this. Thank you..

@valzki hello chingu thx for your warm welcome!  n it's so nice to be here & meeting new chingus!:)

my only regret is that am too late in watching this wonderful drama! just finished epi 46 & counting hahaha this drama is soooo good that i can't stop watching! LOL yeah i agree, the most that i really got mad was when DJ asked NYS to leave the hosp & go home she was too stubborn N instead chose to stay, i almost break my comp screen to poke her head hahaha LOL but anyway one thing about this drama is that it can make you laugh N cry too; i was laughing so hard with the couple cha in pyo N mi ra? (am bad w/names) in one of their scenes in epis 46 where he just fed his face with the grilled eel! LOL the cutest among them wld be tae yang n hyun wo character! i can really tell you guys hv been following this drama so hard that it has reached 125 pages now before it ends this coming w/end! i can feel the w/drawal syndrome now even if i haven't seen the ending!

the photos you posted w/the baby but they concealed the other woman might be YS?

hello to you all here & am sure i'm able to catch up since yday i had a marathon watching this, sorry to my chores now hahaha

TTYL

@valzki OMG .. I love this  :heart::heart::heart:  I'm dancing now woo hooo.  SN is pregnant, daebak!

I think I saw DJ's car in the second pic, could it be shot at the hospital where YS is going into labour? I can't wait. The baby is very cute, I want to hold him (a boy or girl?) too. Is the baby the same one as DJ's holding?

@hibiscus23 welcome on board .. it's better late than never :D that hospital scene caused many chingus here to flip a table hahaha. we were really frustrated with the writer.  Please come and join us this weekend to celebrate the final episode together and I think every couple will live happily ever after. :heart:

EDIT : I enlarged the pic and I saw a double baby stroller, could it be twin? Maybe SD & SN babies?  I'm so curious.

@hibiscus23 it's better late than never just like @pimsucre said :D you're exactly like me last time when i just started to watch this drama from eps 15 if not mistaken because i was totally forgot that it's aired already. Then i did marathon 10 eps in 1 night :lol: LOL... this drama is worth to watch though. Hehe... Cha In Pyo and Ra Mi Ran are hilarious. They bring so much joy in to this drama :heart: this is the first time i hope weekend doesn't come that fast. Haha.. 

I'm not sure the face is YS. It looks like YS but it can be the baby's real mother too. That's why they covered the face. 

@pimsucre i think the writer heard us chingu :wub: He granted our wish(es)? Now i'm sure there'll be time jump like you said. Because they need time to make SN or YS or even DS getting pregnant for 9 months then one of them or maybe 2 of them deliver the baby. Yes, that's DJ's car for sure. At first i had a thought that maybe DJ sends YS to the hospital to deliver the baby. But i had another thought too: SN is going to deliver the baby and she uses DJ's car to send her to hospital since using a car is faster than taking bus or cab. Perhaps it is a baby boy? Haha...  the person that posted the pic said there are twin babies. I can't differentiate whether DJ is holding the same baby with other if it's twin :D

33 minutes ago, valzki said:

i think the writer heard us chingu :wub: He granted our wish(es)? Now i'm sure there'll be time jump like you said. Because they need time to make SN or YS or even DS getting pregnant for 9 months then one of them or maybe 2 of them deliver the baby. Yes, that's DJ's car for sure. At first i had a thought that maybe DJ sends YS to the hospital to deliver the baby. But i had another thought too: SN is going to deliver the baby and she uses DJ's car to send her to hospital since using a car is faster than taking bus or cab. Perhaps it is a baby boy? Haha...  the person that posted the pic said there are twin babies. I can't differentiate whether DJ is holding the same baby with other if it's twin :D

I'm sorry for cutting you post. Yes, it could be both ways .. the whole pics can't pinpoint whose baby .. they are teasing us with all guesses. If they are really the twins, it could be DJ&YS's babies because DJ mentioned a few times about how he wanted to have a baby boy and girl ... but who know they could be DJ-YS, SD-SN or TY-HW babies .. I'm excited to watch the final but feel sad that there will be no Wolgyesu drama during weekend anymore. I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye .. not yet :cold_sweat:

I'm back after found Wrap Up Party on instagram. A little bit sad to know that this drama will end this week 

Mrs.KO or Ms.Ko? She's look forever young B)

Do you notice LDG n JYH coat? Just like a couple. Can't hardly wait for another good newa from this couple :heart:

Archived