Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, staygold said:

Now that CLoY is over I am going to say it... I didn't like it but watched it anyway. 

Now break it down for me.  What was it about CLoY that you didn’t like?  I watched till Ep4/5 I think and then moved on to something else.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Now break it down for me.  What was it about CLoY that you didn’t like?  I watched till Ep4/5 I think and then moved on to something else.

Btw, do you still need to know the ending? Or have you been flooded by the spoiler in the social media? 

• LOL 5

39 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Finally someone said it. Im glad its over haha... 

@Lawyerh, we must have pissed you off with our constant TAGGING :D, Hahaha ... I can already imagine! I know you dropped CLOY a long long time ago. 

@Ameera Ali, just how many times did you tagged lawyerh with your post(s)? 

To be fair, I'm also glad that it ended :ph34r: (just a little, teeny, tiny part of me though). 

• LOL 3

@nrlleeCLOY didn't have any interesting conflict to sustain 16 eps of almost 1 and half an hour each. At first it was exciting to see how everything will settle down and whether they will get a happy ending or not, but around 8th ep or so, you get bored. It's the same cliffhanger every ep. Someone is in danger and others are crying. And I can't even begin to count how many times they said goodbyes to each other. Dialogues were not interesting. As @Lawyerhsaid eventhough they were crying their hearts out, I couldn't feel it. Trust me I'm a easy crier, but this didn't move my heart at all. We all know that no one will die and even though they said goodbye, they will meet again unless it's the very last ep. I don't have enough motivation to complete the last 3eps. I read the spoilers and it's a predictable ending. The only thing worth watching is the duckling squad and their antics. And ofcourse HB in a military uniform is a treat to everyone's eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I think that’s why I stopped after Ep5?  There was always the same tension (ideology)... and there were cute moments but their situation was always “dire”.  With little let up.  They were both beautiful together so I get the appeal.  But I just couldn’t stay watching.  I just wanted to fast forward to the end to find out if they ended up in Switzerland or not.  Actually I lost interest so I couldn’t care less now. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Well, agreed with everyone about CLOY not so enticing after few episodes....I dropped it when it didn't airs for whatever reasons were and picked it up again since I needed something light. But of course HB either in an uniform or a rag sack is a treat to my eyes, the only reason I kept going was to ogle HB. Sadly, he is such a lousy kisser....<_<

I love NK Boys and NK Ahjummas.....:heart:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

@nrllee @Lawyerh Let me just say that I kept expecting each episode to throw up something wow but that never happened. It was just a flat line graph from start to finish for me. Also I thought the second lead pair had stronger plot and lesser screen time. So it felt like the writers took the easy route by maintaining the spotlight on the main otp. (Unlike DoTS or Goblin or High Society where both the pairs had equal attention.) The second pair seemed like an afterthought/filler. Even in the last week the amount of screen time given to them was unfair and that too had a montage of the otp edited into it. They made it feel as though the SML still had feelings for the FL and was trading off his life so that she cud live. Atleast that's what the editing and the voice over made me feel.

The scenarios were cliched and after a few eps I used to play this series in the background as I did my other work. Basically I lost interest but hung on to see how bad it cud get!

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b12ec8ce825185d34c

@cenching TMWYS is okayish as of ep 5 ending. I am not at the edge of me seat. Rather I find myself dozing off now and then!

The Curse however is :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@thanie  I’m glad is over too ,the final was so dragging I didn’t enjoy it :ph34r: & it was so bad they killed the second lead , the write most feel embarrassed to end four last episode like someone gonna die and then not :joy: they thought let’s save face & kill second lead :angry:

** The kisses would have be best if I didn’t seen  it , to remember HB the beauty that can kiss like teenager is too much even for me :joy:

@Lawyerh  the number was ok compared to Nokdu torture  :mrgreen:

+2

• LOL 4

33 minutes ago, cenching said:

I am done with CLOY and about to start Forest and Tell Me What You Saw.... @Sushimi, is TMWYS worth watching???

I warn you, if you’re after a cohesive plot with engaging characters, Forest is going to disappoint.  I am only staying for PHJ and JBA interactions.  The story is thin and there’s a fair bit of cringe.  But for some reason the OTP (with their gentler moments) keep me watching.  Yes there was a steamy hot kiss and more shower scenes than usual (from the preview I think we get another one this week?  :o usually I roll my eyes with these because they are pure fan service and serve no purpose whatsoever in the plot line), but it’s the dialogue and the little insights that happen in the banter between the OTP that keep me engaged.  It’s clever so that’s the only reason I am staying lost in the Forest.

Thanks for the feedback @staygold.  We all have those dramas where you just stay on because the hype was just so fab that you think, “surely...surely...next week will be the week where I get my epiphany and am glad I stayed on?”  I did that for Parasite the movie.  I watched it on my flight home from Korea.  It was really good and I could see why the hype...yet...whilst it engaged me on the cerebral level, it missed my heart?  It certainly left me thinking and marveling at how clever it all was...but...I was never invested in any of the characters.  I just watched it.  Like I would a documentary?

• LOL 3

@cenching managed thy expectations with the plot & cliches galore for Forest . With the right viewing lens , it is enjoyable. But I agree with @nrllee despite the drama throwing every trope they can making it a bit of a wild ride , there’s something in the quieter moments btwn the OTP that keeps me there . PHJ’s character is interesting as he seems to have dual ( triple ) personalities but he does it so well , that I’m thoroughly entertained. Actually according to @stroppyse the lines are actually very deep  that I believe the Translators hv difficultly getting the right words to convey the nuanced dialogue. 

46 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I was never invested in any of the characters.

I am thinking what makes us get invested in the character or the story?

In parasite I wanted the poor family to finally get the jobs that they deserved and move out of the flood prone house. I wanted the rich family to stop being so self obsessed and see the reality. The rich in the story never cared about anyone even the character played by Park Seo Joon was selfish. When comes to Choi Woo Sik to offer him the tutoring job you know he comes because he doesn't consider him a threat. There is no way Woo Sik wud steal the girl he has a crush on. After that scene I was on team Kim.

There is another scene where Lee Sun Kyun refers to some weird smell that comes from the driver (and from rest of the kim family members.) And another one where he says he doesn't like it when people try to cross their status/position and try to get close. 

These scenes really affected me a lot. Although the Kim family is a con but I can't hate them. And even though the Park family didn't do anything wrong I can't sympathize with them. 

46 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I just watched it.  Like I would a documentary?

That's cool too since the movie was shot beautifully!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@triplem after CITT I am not as enthused about watching SKJ’s latest drama with MinYoung.  It actually looks like it’s right up my alley - feel good type vibes, with none of that cringe.  Although I doubt it was his fault that he was suddenly elevated in the latter half of CITT and poor PHJ was relegated to a mere passing statement, still it’s left a bad taste in my mouth.. :angry:.  I don’t mind SKJ as a lead... I think I will watch for PMY’s sake.  And I think Lee JaeWook is someone to watch in the future.  He appears as PMY’s friend.  As an aside, it looks like DBeans is picking Forest apart.  I get why it is, the plot is really thin and it is cringey at times...I did notice that there seems to be a number of people there who seem to flock to PHJ related topics (Four Men and Forest) and just throw shade.  Not sure what their beef is.  I haven’t found anything so far to justify their vindictiveness towards him.  I guess he’s had his fair share of anti fans.  All of them do.

And yes, it’s the dialogue in Forest (not all of it, just some bits - especially between the OTP) that’s keeping me watching.  It’s deeply insightful if you dissect it. And delivery of the dialogue by PHJ and JBA is on point in these quieter moments.  PHJ has this sensitive face that softens when something you say strikes him.  It’s subtle but it’s charming.  And JBA’s eyes just take up so much real estate on that gorgeous face of hers that it’s hard to miss when she lets her guard down to give us a glimpse into her inner turmoil.

EDIT - @staygold yes to the cinematography.  And the motifs and metaphors.  The basement people - they were always running down stairs back to their origins and walking up stairs to reach the echelons of the rich folk.  One could argue that whilst it appeared that the poor had latched onto the rich like parasites (the father even crawled out and slithered across the floor like a slug at one point), in the end, the poor had their minds irrevocably “parasitized” by the trappings of materialism and the social ladder climb.  The son only saved the rock (symbol of material wealth) when their home flooded.  So it is a social commentary but I watched it in a rather detached mood.

As for the smell, it’s a metaphor for their poor origins.  It will always stay with them.  It’s a part of them.  They had the bodies of the original host (poor beginnings) but eventually their minds were changed to be that of the rich.

• Like 3

Okay I didn’t watch CLOY but I did check out some cuts ...i feel so bad to say this but I was cringing here . :lol: . I can’t see him kiss back. 

Spoiler

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

@thanie You can try Holo Love if need some romance. Or Game Towards Zero if you need detective (my ship Taecyeon x Yeon Hee is this drama). Both ok to kill time. I won't say its super splendid or anything. But give it a try. 

I also watched Forest. 

Not too many dramas actually now. 

Detective drama + Taecyeon? So how was it? I can imagine Taecyeon doing romcom ... but detective??? But I find this guy cute... 

I watched Forest too, but I'm stuck at Ep 1

@Ameera Ali, too dragging and OA, I stopped watching. I may resume later, you know, I need closure. But I must admit, my eyes swelled so much tears (I'm such an annoying crybaby) ... 

HUH?!?!?!?! They killed the second lead? 

*crying even more

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, triplem said:

Okay I didn’t watch CLOY but I did check out some cuts ...i feel so bad to say this but I was cringing here . :lol: . I can’t see him kiss back. 

Hide contents

How the way he kissed in that scene reminded me of a pestle smashing some herbs into a mortar....Like “ulekan sambal”... @Lawyerh must knows what I meant...:ph34r:

I am mortified on his behalf, he is almost 40 and dated some hottest actresses in the industry but what happening here? Did he and exes only stared at each other from 2 meters away???:ph34r:

+2

• LOL 4

18 minutes ago, cenching said:

How the way he kissed in that scene

Quick somebody show her the clip from Forest so that she can decide whether to start the series or not! :lol: In the meanwhile I am searching. 

@thanie Sorry! Looks like I spoiled the eps for you. :ph34r:

+2

• LOL 4