Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@sadthe1st @Thong Thin  @Min2206  @Gretule  @Sleepy Owl  @mirmz @MayanEcho @partyon @Jillia @Lmangla @larus @Abs_ triggered  @Nicky  @twinkle_little_star @4evrkdrama @strongtower @joccu @Nodame @Sarang21 @kokodus @pompyavi

Good morning ladies! So much gold today? Funny enough, IRL I'm allergic to gold! 

gold im out GIF

What's for lunch today? @sadthe1st @Thong Thin @Min2206

@BlackLotus1025 Day Friday GIF Tea for you. I cant drink coffee too!!!

@MayanEcho I went to ME but didnt really see such shops though

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's not so obvious when they're in abaya and also wear veil!  Joking aside, those wearing that much valuables won't be really walking, they'll be driven around, hehehe! 

@Min2206 Hmm, not so much robbers here, it's quite rare, since there are CCTVs almost everywhere. 

Wedding pieces are often spectacular. Nice to look at and admire, hehehe! There are those who wear big pieces of jewellery even in normal days, there are also those who prefer simple pieces.

+2

Not much robbers ...hmmmm....is either ME is damn rich or death penalty impose for those robbers !

As mentioned by @Min2206  over here is not safe at all to wear gold, even a simple bracelet.

Once you walk out on the street, there are eyes every where, you dont feel at ease.

@sadthe1st enjoy your lunch and @Min2206 catch up later.

Me, I am going to collect my car from the workshop which was due for servicing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

I went to ME but didnt really see such shops though

Those shops really come to life in the evening time. Otherwise, malls would also be a good place for jewelleries. If you've been to Dubai Mall, there's a souk area there for jewellery. :)

5 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

death penalty impose for those robbers

Yeah, it's a deterant. And since there are CCTVs in most places, thieves or robbers cannot escape so easily.

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The so-called big, fat Indian weddings. But it's how most of the South Asian do their weddings. :) I've heard of thousands of guests as normal number of guests. Not only are the dresses very beautiful, but their 22K gold jewelries are in kilos.

you can imagine the shock when during the pandemic, the govt restricted the wedding guests to not more than 20!!! 150-300 guests is considered small and usually a destination wedding. so 20? people were like who do you cut out? so basically it would just be bride, groom, parents and siblings. some folks are planning to have a wedding banquet after things come back to normal but there are folks who say that small weddings will become a trend. it will be interesting to see what happens. the wedding industry was seen as recession proof but all the businesses associated with weddings - catering, flowers, lighting, music etc -- all took huge hits unfortunately.

funny story but during the height of lockdown, inter-state travel was not allowed. this was a problem for those in the border areas who travel back and forth. in one particular district, there is a bridge that connects the two states. so one couple got police permission to get married at the bridge but then go back to their respective homes till the lockdown fully lifts. so the bridge got nicknamed as bridge of weddings for a while as there were quite a few weddings that happened that way.

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Morning @partyon  @Lmangla  Mom will buy saree cloths from Indian shops here to sew into dresses or our local national attire - baju kurung.   The fabric is pretty.  But they are not cheap. 

what type of material do you buy for baju kurung? all silk? price range for silk differs but I have seen in travel outside, the price of imported saris can be quite pricey....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

some folks are planning to have a wedding banquet after things come back to normal but there are folks who say that small weddings will become a trend.

TBH, what matters in a wedding is whether everything needing legal conformations are met. A relative or two of mine had grand weddings but must get married again because their planners failed to submit their wedding contracts for registrations!

There's nothing wrong with small weddings, or weddings officiated at the courthouse. I don't get it when some would even choose to be in debts just to have big weddings. Better to have the money spent for a house than have so much guests to feed and entertain...the groom or bride may not even know who they all are!

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

TBH, what matters in a wedding is whether everything needing legal conformations are met. A relative or two of mine had grand weddings but must get married again because their planners failed to submit their wedding contracts for registrations!

There's nothing wrong with small weddings, or weddings officiated at the courthouse. I don't get it when some would even choose to be in debts just to have big weddings. Better to have the money spent for a house than have so much guests to feed and entertain...the groom or bride may not even know who they all are!

such bad wedding planners! :huh: how could they mess up something so important?

like you said, one shouldn't go into debt for wedding but it is interesting that with the pandemic, people have sort of realized the importance of community and just crowd. so even though many had live streamed the wedding, they felt like the true blast of a wedding with lots of friends and family was lost. there is chatter that people will host delayed wedding banquets like at anniversary a year or two from now to compensate. it will be interesting to see if that becomes a trend with those who got married during the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

such bad wedding planners! :huh: how could they mess up something so important?

I dunno how either. I just know that they had to be married again at the courthouse because they need their papers. 

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

there is chatter that people will host delayed wedding banquets like at anniversary a year or two from now to compensate. it will be interesting to see if that becomes a trend with those who got married during the pandemic.

Maybe they'll have their delayed wedding banquet together with the first birthday of their kid. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

kekeke..... talking about jewellery - @partyon, so I hated the movie aladdin and felt really annoyed by the lack of attention to costume, jewelry and sets. I was shaking my head and rolling my eyes and thinking "wait, why is she repeating her jewelry in scenes and why is this such poor quality?" -- for me, that wasn't princess jewelry at all, more like common man. :joy:

Spoiler

596dd8eb571b0066e6ae3d6a6d25f570.jpg

I had totally different ideas of what royal jewelry should look like from aladdin. :lol: to give a contrast, this is from a historical movie and the jewellery was made in collaboration with a well-known firm and they did something like 300 pieces of authentic well-researched hand-crafted jewelry for the film. after the movie ended, many of the designs were modified and sold in stores as part of a collection.

Spoiler

tanishque.jpg

c74181277a0baf1045ece9a9e7055ac6.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

I need coffee!!!

pali pali

Run Running GIF

Someone has subtracted 100 points extra on this thread and everyone else just went along with the new number? :D 

Team Subtract up to its old shenanigans I see? :D 

200.gif

516 ***corrected

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hi @Wuzetian  a mouth full of gold teeth ...  i remember seeing one old man at coffeeshop with one gold tooth.

See you later @sadthe1st - your drink must be really good!

Hello @kokodus  long time no see:D

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what type of material do you buy for baju kurung? all silk? price range for silk differs but I have seen in travel outside, the price of imported saris can be quite pricey....

Malaysians love to wear baju kurung, to work or even school children.   There are many versions but my mom and I love the traditional baju kurung (2nd from Left) - the straight cut version.   We need at least 4 metres cloth to do top and bottom, so saree cloth here are normally sold at 6 metres.  My mom will take the 4 metres and use the other 2 to do a dress or blouse.  And she normally will choose the soft fabric, saree.  I could not find the soft cloth images here.

The silk ones are usually tailored for celebrations eg weddings or festive season.

Malaysian Baju Kurung 101: A cheat sheet to the different types of the  traditional attire | Buro 24/7 MALAYSIA

Examples

Charming Black Malaysia Baju Kurung And Baju Melayu Golden Embroidery Suit  - Buy Embroidery Suit,Charming Black Malaysia Baju Kurung,Baju Kurung And  Baju Melayu Product on Alibaba.comBaju Kurung Kedah Qaseh from Amar Amran in Black | Baju kurung, Beautiful,  ModernCultured Slackers: Fashion Week (Traditional Costumes from the Malay,  Chinese & Indian culture)

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Oh no!  It must be costly, to do twice?

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

I need coffee!!!

pali pali

Someone has subtracted 100 points extra on this thread and everyone just went along with it. :D 

Team Subtract up to its old shenanigans I see? :D 

Is it @partyon?  Oh dear, hope it's not me .. hahahhahahha!
Thanks for putting the corrected numbers on track.

38 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Malaysians love to wear baju kurung, to work or even school children.   There are many versions but my mom and I love the traditional baju kurung (2nd from Left) - the straight cut version.   We need at least 4 metres cloth to do top and bottom, so saree cloth here are normally sold at 6 metres.  My mom will take the 4 metres and use the other 2 to do a dress or blouse.  And she normally will choose the soft fabric, saree.  I could not find the soft cloth images here.

The silk ones are usually tailored for celebrations eg weddings or festive season.

ooh, so you need 4 metres. does 4 metres cover all body shapes? here, for traditional outfits, you can buy material by the metre or material package sets. depending on the design and your body shape, some need more fabric while some need less. I love shopping for fabric materials. it is so much fun to touch the fabric, imagine the cut and flow and figure out which one you like. it is so exciting when you walk in to see fabrics of so many colours and designs! :wub:

CottonStreet2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Oppa!!!!!!

Ms. Koko, I have been missing your oppa pictures. :loveu:

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Anyone here a fan of So Ji Sub? He's the only Oppa that I know of

Not sure, but if there is one who would surely be a fan of So Ji Sub it would be my dongsaeng @4evrkdrama. There are few oppas who are NOT on her list. :D

gangnam style psy GIF by Vevo

@Lmangla Sweetie, you are on Team Sub right? Just checking. :sweatingbullets:

520  ***corrected

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooh, so you need 4 metres. does 4 metres cover all body shapes? here, for traditional outfits, you can buy material by the metre or material package sets. depending on the design and your body shape, some need more fabric while some need less. I love shopping for fabric materials. it is so much fun to touch the fabric, imagine the cut and flow and figure out which one you like. it is so exciting when you walk in to see fabrics of so many colours and designs?! :wub:

We do cut the cloth according to body shapes and design of the outfit.
For baju kurung, standard practice is 4 metre set, unless the lady's built is large and tall. 
I used to follow mom to the fabric shops - we can spend hours in there.
She tends to go for pastel, plain.   But for baju kurung, she wouldn't mind any patterns or vibrant colours.

Pastel Rainbow Bella Solids Fat Quarter Bundle | 100% Cotton Fabric | UK |  The Fabric Fox190 Fabrics - Pastels ideas | fabric, spoonflower, custom fabric

Ohh, so sorry @partyon - I am the guilty one.  Mian he - just checked

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Anyone here a fan of So Ji Sub? He's the only Oppa that I know of 

+2

+2

I am his fan too....

classroom_hands_up_0.jpg

@kokodus   hi and long time no see. RL must have taken so much of your time.

@Min2206  I also like the traditional type baju kurung (straight cut)..can hide your body shape :joy:

@Sleepy Owl  read about your work issues yesterday, hope they are settled by now.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4