[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Okay another theory I had is that Jang Wook is indeed Jang Gang son and Jang Wook wasn’t conceived the night the late king took over Jang Gang’s body but it was before. I feel like that’s a long shot though since episode 4 talked about the prophecy with the star in the sky. So I guess Jang Wook is indeed destined to be the next king then?

btw loved episode 4 and how we got to see Jang Wook unsheathe his father’s sword and PROTECTED Naksu (eeek~) The whole moment with the Crown Prince and Jang Wook was pretty awesome haha.. I already want the next episode! The wait for this drama is gonna be tough :sad1:

im so ready for the romance between Jang Wook and Naksu (is there going to be romance in this drama). Also I just found out yesterday that the Hong sisters wrote this drama!! I had no idea until I saw their names in the Reddit post. I know a lot of people are watching this drama because of Lee Jae Wook. On the contrary, I saw the trailer and was like “I NEED TO WATCH THIS DRAMA”. The trailer got me sold! :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ferily said:

im so ready for the romance between Jang Wook and Naksu (is there going to be romance in this drama).

Noooo.... Don't break my boy Yul's heart. :crybaby:

Him and Naksu are too sweet! :fullofhearts:

@ferily and me in a shipping war next week :D

cat-fight.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Jae Wook, Jung So Min, Hwang Minhyun, And More Diligently Film “Alchemy Of Souls” Action Scenes, Share Tips To Surviving The Cold, And More

tvN has shared a new making video for Episodes 3 and 4 of “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

At the start of the clip, Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min awkwardly but diligently rehearse their action scenes. A staff member asks Lee Jae Wook, “Is the filming not difficult today?” He jokingly responds with a straight face, “Of course it’s hard, what are you talking about?”

Later, Jung So Min and Hwang Minhyun share tips for filming in the cold winter. Jung So Min shows off her padded pants worn underneath her costume and Hwang Minhyun comments, “My ears get red [from the cold] so I have makeup on my ears.”

Outside, Hwang Minhyun, Yoo In Soo, and Oh My Girl’s Arin film on a boat where they joke around and practice their lines. After, Oh Na Ra and Yoo Joo Sang also show off their chemistry and make each other laugh as they improvise while filming an intimate bickering scene.

Lee Jae Wook starts filming his action scenes once more and is joined this time by Shin Seung Ho. After the pair film an impressive scene, Shin Seung Ho hilariously whips his sword around, saying, “I caught a bug.”

Catch the full clip below!

The next “Alchemy of Souls” episode will air on July 2 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Watch: Lee Jae Wook, Jung So Min, Hwang Minhyun, And More Diligently Film “Alchemy Of Souls” Action Scenes, Share Tips To Surviving The Cold, And More | Soompi

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am liking Uk and Lee Jae Wook so far. He's definitely not a good guy (yet?), he's consistently selfish and he only cares about Mudeok and that's fine with me.

The person I am having a problem with is mudeok. I just dont understand her (yet). She want to kill park jin and the 4 mage families, right? is she just being chummy with them now coz she does not have a choice? but we do not see that in her inner monologues. Has she shifted her life goal from being a mage assassin to being Uk's trainer?

and the soul shifters, I just cannot bring myself to care about them. Jin Mu is annoying for sure, but I dont understand the status of the Daeho kingdom enough to root for what he is fighting against. is daeho at peace because of the mages? are the mages oppressing the people (this question is brought about by naksu's rebellion), what is the gwanju position and is that the only thing jin mu is after? jang kang had definitely been irresponsible so I think it would only be fair if Jin Mu gets the spot.

was it established that jang kang and do hwa were together? a part of me thinks that jang kang was only forced to marry do hwa because the king slept with her. I am making up more drama here, but there seem to be bitterness with jin ho gyeong's tone when it comes to Uk. I am thinking that Jin Ho Gyeong and Jang Kang might have had a secret affair leading to the birth of first daughter. now imagine if first daughter is naksu, the biological and spiritual child of jang kang. she has lost her body now, and she falls in love with the biological but not spiritual child of jang kang - Uk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon thanks for the tagging :selfie2:

but I have a problem in here.. the only man that fit my taste is Jang Gang. Hahahaaaa :Megalol: I like old daddy. I know that all 4 seasons princes are handsome but when I watch them the butterfly effect that I feel inside my stomach wasn’t as strong as when I watch Jang Gang. HAHAHAAA

So how will I vote? Lol I ship jang gang with naksu <3

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Looking at that photo of the Crown Prince with the 4 heirs and Mudeok... can he please be redeemed towards the end of the story? It seems like he only turned that way because he has Jin Mu for a teacher.

Will there be a love line for Danggu?^_^ I want my best guy to find happiness because he has been nothing but a good friend.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

58 minutes ago, Gumiho said:

So how will I vote? Lol I ship jang gang with naksu <3

That’s why there is a “Someone else. Who?” option in the poll. :kiss_wink:

Many of us actually find Jang Gang very attractive. He is one handsome ahjussi oppa :love:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I love the "Foster Dad" Park Jin's reaction each time Jang Uk annoyed him. PJ will yelled "Jang Uuuuk..." - "Jang Uuukkie":lol: so after 4 episodes of hearing the yelling - I can't help myself imagining "Jang Uuuk" =  "Jang Hyuk" LOL

Fated To Love You Kdrama GIF - Fated To Love You Kdrama Lee Gun - Discover  & Share GIFs

Cr: tenor

@partyon Thanks for the poll :)  Other : ChoYeon with CrownPrince ?? LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I have many unanswered questions in this drama. Such as:

1. Who’s the old woman and who’s her son in the beginning of ep 1?

2. Even though it’s a shifting souls between the late king and jang gang. But it was still only their souls that were shifted. Not their bodies or sperms. So how could it be that Uk is not Jang gang’s son? When he came from Jang Gang’s sperm that was being control by the king’s soul? .. something is missing in this theory..

3. Where’s Jang Gang papa? I need to watch him more :bawling:

4. if Jang Gang understand my theory, he would not be too sad when Do Hwa was pregnant. It is his son. It is not the king who slepts with her. It was jang gang body who’s making love with Do Hwa’s body. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, Gumiho said:

I have many unanswered questions in this drama. Such as:

1. Who’s the old woman and who’s her son in the beginning of ep 1?

2. Even though it’s a shifting souls between the late king and jang gang. But it was still only their souls that were shifted. Not their bodies or sperms. So how could it be that Uk is not Jang gang’s son? When he came from Jang Gang’s sperm that was being control by the king’s soul? .. something is missing in this theory..

3. Where’s Jang Gang papa? I need to watch him more :bawling:

4. if Jang Gang understand my theory, he would not be too sad when Do Hwa was pregnant. It is his son. It is not the king who slepts with her. It was jang gang body who’s making love with Do Hwa’s body. 

1. Just fillers? Hence no one of importance?

2. Yes but... 7 days in the body of Jang Gang, the old dying king soul.... he is just jealous and bitter.. men being men...:D

3. A mYstery to us all...

4. Yes, but it wasnt him doing 'it'... as he was trapped in the old king's body... supposedly  hence his bitterness... 

The whole thing was confusing, as if Jang Gang wasnt married to her before this, and as if, its because the ^king^ was/ slept with her and they got married.... like, Jang Uk could have been his son if they were already married earlier ... isnt it? Why the doubt.. sigh...

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

Aaahhh!! I can't wait till next week's episodes! :lol:

I'm loving the rapport between all the characters. I also like that Uk and Naksu are not immediately infatuated with each other...so far they seem quite cold and only keeping the other around for their own agendas. They will struggle a lot when feelings start to grow between them, hehe! :D

And I have so many questions... I cannot guess whether Uk will be the king's or Jang Gang's son. If he's Jang Gang's son, maybe he will turn against Naksu if he learns how she plans to kill all the mage house heads. I also wonder what's the story behind Naksu's parents being assassinated by the mages, since Park and the others do not seem to be that evil to kill innocent people.

As for where this is going, I guess Uk will end up fighting for being the next king/mage boss. But, will he keep his promise and release Naksu's energy when he is powerful enough? And I don't see Naksu killing all those people she promised to eliminate, and will she be able to keep living on that body or she will die in the end? Doesn't seem like she has any options...

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Vega Lyra said:

And I don't see Naksu killing all those people she promised to eliminate, and will she be able to keep living on that body or she will die in the end? Doesn't seem like she has any options...

i think she was under the mission of dangju (Jin Mu) to eliminate mages.. but since she has been abandoned by the sect, i don’t think she will continue the killing.. we probably need more answers to whats on Jin Mu’s agenda..

Heo Yeom said that Hwansu was not meant to be a dark sorcery at the beginning.. mages could have abused it for soul shiftings with bad intentions

i think the true hwansu could be the solution that might be able to save Naksu’s soul in the end..

and that “Teacher Lee” (name according to asianwiki) seems very powerful.. he can calm animals and knock people out with a simple wave of his hands.. his intention was to summon the gwigu (he called it by another name), and not to hurt or harm any of the innocent people/animal. i think he could be the second person other than that Seo founder of songrim to master all 5 levels..

as for Jang Uk..

Spoiler

his birth mystery reminds me of Park Jin Gyeom in Alice..

@LeftCoastOppa chingu, i’m here to remind you again lol

Jin Gyeom was a baby in the future but born in the past..

Jang Uk is a baby of a soul shifted father..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

Jang Uk - '' ..I changed your clothes..and gave you a massage..''

Mudeok wasnt angry.  

And then this innocent  bed scene    :wub:

One thing is for sure, if Uk and Mudeok get married, they will be 

completely relaxed during honeymoon.   :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

To each his own.

Actually, this drama drawn me out of my drama boredom after Mr Queen.

I started watching because I was curious how a collaboration between Hong sisters/ PD Park Jun Hwa and Jung So Min in fantasy role would look like and I was immediately sucked in with Go Yoon Jung's visuals as Naksu. I was hooked immediately from the beginning. I hope the momentum would continue! There's so much potential to the storyline development. Maybe it's just me but I've seen too many drama that starts with a bang only to fizzle out later on.  

Sure some of the events are pretty ridiculous but I think we need a little light hearted escape from heaviness of world events these days.

8 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Jang Uk - '' ..I changed your clothes..and gave you a massage..''

Mudeok wasnt angry.  

And then this innocent  bed scene    :wub:

One thing is for sure, if Uk and Mudeok get married, they will be 

completely relaxed during honeymoon.   :D

I thought it's pretty refreshing that they can just gloss over the whole thing too. I can totally imagine if this were to happened in another drama, the whole plotline will be centered around the after effect embarrassment and then how to keep the whole thing under wrap and then someone finding out etc. etc. But then again, how can Mudeok's words not move the iciest of hearts? I, for one, am totally sold (credit to twitter user and Hong sisters):

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i think she was under the mission of dangju (Jin Mu) to eliminate mages.. but since she has been abandoned by the sect, i don’t think she will continue the killing.. we probably need more answers to whats on Jin Mu’s agenda..

Sect... LOL reminds me of old Hong Kong wuxia films. I do wonder why Jin Mu need to kill mages though.

Some people take offence that storyline is taken from wuxia stories but I see it resembling more like Naruto/Bleach manga trope with a Korean fantasy flavor to it.

Also another POV on Jang Gang:

Perhaps Jang Gang acted the way he did because he felt like he betrayed his wife rather than the other way round. He did give his name to Uk and raised him as a member of his household, though I can't really imagine why he would leave his sword, his home and his career in a limbo.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1