[Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡

SC2019

6 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Not sure what will happen because I have lost all hope. But I do want to see the following. Otherwise, it will be a great disappointment.

1. Sexy Creepy Step Mom must receive some sort of comeuppance for murdering her husband. The Truck of Doom is the quickest and  safest way IMO, though not very painless.

2. Ghost Grandpa should peacefully leave for Heaven. Call the people from Move to Heaven. They are pretty good at this. :heart:

3. I have a feeling that 40s couple will reconcile since he has been mopping around without his wife and daughter. 

4. A-Mi finally realizes that it was a doomed affair from the start. Goes back to Planet Mars, where she initially came from and lives a happy and fulfilling life there. Finds a good guy and settles down, all  in good time. The 40s husband becomes a distant dream to her.

5. The 40s husband realizes how precious his wife and family was and repents and regrets and promises to cherish them again.

6. 50s husband gets dumped by his mistress.

7. The mistress reconciles with her ex-boyfriend and they get married and now she is truly happy as she is with the man she had always loved.

8. The 50s husband realizes his folly but he has burnt his bridges and thus remains a repentant father for the rest of his life, trying his best to be a good absentee father to his daughter and son. 

9. 50s wife, as we know has already moved on. It will be great if she and the sound engineer guy become a couple.

10. In fact I will not be disappointed, if 40s wife decides to move on with the engineer and leaves the 40s husband to repent for his follies either. :naughty: The man who loved too many women  has been ditched by them all to lead a solitary woman-less life.

11. 30s wife needs to move on. She got what she wanted her revenge. She should focus on her career and catch another husband material guy who comes from a rich and well known family and lead a fabulous life. Give drama a break. Take a leaf out of 40s wife's aunt and go on a holiday, have a holiday romance. :sweat_smile:

12. 30s husband should act in a mature and responsible manner. He impregnated a woman, so it is only fair he takes the responsibility of the woman and the child. Now that he is divorced, nothing should stop him from taking up the responsibility.  man up, as they say. 

13. 30s parents can live a quiet life and enjoy each others company. They deserve some peace and quiet after the rigmarole their son and ex-daughter-in-law put them through.

Thanks for tagging me @partyon. This drama didn't deserve 2 seasons and they could have tied the ends in S1 itself. We, the audience deserve a pat on our backs for putting up weeks of torture that left us all emotionally battered and at loggerheads with each other.

My last prediction is that once the drama ends, there is peace and harmony in Soompi and we are back to being friends with each other and respecting each others' views and opinions as we had been doing previously before getting emotionally embroiled in the drama. :heartxoxo:

I agree with absolutely everything you said.  Love it!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Jcanqueen12 said:

I tuned into this show because I thought that I was in for some good revenge by the wives. But alas, it fell below my expectations. Netflix really need to rethink this one as this really isn't it for western viewers, who btw represent the majority of its viewership. You see shows like Who Killed Sara? (a revenge drama but of a different kind) That's what we like...not this one...glorifying cheaters and their mistresses. It's also telling why it (who killed sara) was on the tongue of every individual who had a netflix account, regardless of geography. Man even if World of the Married was on Netflix I wouldn't be mad. You know why? That show as much as it had some unpleasant scenes, character arcs etc...it portrayed some no nonsense females...from the wife to the mistress lol. And to me it lived up to the revenge tag etc and had high ratings. 

Guys I take this back. I feel better now after seeing korean comments under TV Chosun's post of episode 16 preview. After using google translate most of the comments, they're going in on the PSH/SW dynamic and criticizing the drama seemingly glorifying cheating. I really wondered how the Neitzens viewed the drama. 

• Like 6

If they're going to have Ami and Dong-Mi throw soup at each other and throw down until Dong-Mi gets bruised, why do they not show this awesome spectacle? I feel cheated.

30s couple:

1. Okay, Sa-Hyeon is the worst lawyer ever who couldn't even protect his own family from being publicly shamed after handing over millions of dollars to his ex-wife. And he is now the hottest divorce lawyer at his law firm? Make it make sense.

2. I guess Hye-Ryeong's revenge didn't really hurt them as much as it seemed last week. The Pan family seem happy as clams. Perhaps too happy?

Sa-Hyeon suddenly bursts out with the Lord's Prayer? OMG, seriously. I really think that all their invocations of religion is foreshadowing for some bad stuff. Calm before the storm.

6 hours ago, qynn said:

BHR was pursuing Dong ma, determined to cheat so she and PSH would be even and next thing we know, she's asking for a divorce and pursuing SB. We should have seen what changed her mind, not just heard about it (if that was even true).

She changed her mind during Pi-Yeong's mother's funeral, when she found out Seo Ban was a chaebol family's son.

Right before the funeral, she was planning on going on a trip to Busan with Sa-Hyeon to get a fresh start on their marriage.

It was funny how Pi-Yeong and Si-Eun were gossiping about how fake and conniving Hye-Ryeong is. You have to be a really fake person if your friends are going to doubt you when you cry.

40s couple:

I guess it was somewhat funny to see Yu-Shin stalking Pi-Yeong and curdling with jealousy. It was one thing to see him jealous, but it was quite another to see him unable to confront them, repeatedly. It's probably because Ji-Ah was there, but ultimately, I think he finally feels shame. (Just like when Hae-Ryun couldn't bring himself to face his daughter at the coffee shop where she works.) He realizes that she is gone forever, and he can no longer control what she does with her life.

He really is a shell of his former self who used to be so confident and brazen. And yes, seeing the husbands (Yu-Shin and Hae-Ryun) become sad, shame-filled losers is very satisfying. In a way, rather than death or being branded in public, just becoming a sad loser is the ultimate punishment.

In the last preview, he threatened to take Ji-Ah, and that seemed a little scary. But I'm pretty sure that he has no grounds for doing that, so it's just an idle threat that Pi-Yeong doesn't have to take seriously.

--

Here's an interesting Korean youtube video about the Seo brothers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgK2ZePVGpI&ab_channel=극한의문과러

This youtuber says that a meaningful scene was when Pi-Yeong's aunt looked in the bathroom mirror during her sister's funeral to say, "Now I'm the prettiest one!" That scene seemed completely random and insane, but this youtuber thinks that it's the writer's way of expressing an idea: the inferiority complex of the younger sibling.

So he thinks that Dong-Ma has an inferiority complex. Because not only is he the younger sibling, he is the child of the second wife (perhaps mistress), while Ban is the first-born son of the first legitimate wife. So Dong-Ma is always trying to please their father, while Ban does not care about that at all.

That theory holds water for me. He goes further to say that this is why Dong-Ma will become interested in Pi-Yeong because he saw sparks between them at the golf course, and he will covet what Ban has. (I find this part less plausible. Also, I don't like Dong-Ma at all and hope Pi-Yeong ends up with a better guy.)

--

For your information:

Adultery was a crime in Korea until 2016, just five short years ago. You went to jail if you cheated on your spouse. The country's mores don't change that much in five years.

What this means is that this probably will not end with any adulterous couple skipping off into the sunset. The Korean viewers want retribution. (in blood, for some of them)

I don't want anyone to die, personally. (except Dong-Mi, who deserves it) Just regret and shame for the rest of their lives. I also want Pi-Yeong and Si-Eun to move on and realize that although it was devastating at the time, they are better off without these loser men.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

One last thing.

Bhr does a press conference and blast her husband for cheating: She is a narcissist and Evil. She will get her comeuppance!

PSH and family calling themselves righteous and the righteous always win. Thanking Mary and Buddha. PSH explicitly admitting that he has NO GUILT towards BHR....

crickets GIF

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I see season 3 in the horizon and I will watch it!!! I'm anticipating like....

Happy Smackdown Live GIF by WWE

(Let them iron out SungHoo's schedule first, then I'm almost sure we'll have confirmation)

50s wife will definitely end up with Seo Ban, tho I prefer a young hot guy for her to dent mattresses and break headboards with. The competition between 30s and 40s wife is a plot point to let them end up embarrassed at their belief that 50s wife isn't worthy of him and will force Seo Ban to make his stand clear by officially choosing 50s wife. It may push 40s wife back to hubby. Seo Ban is what's making 40s hubby orbit his wife, so they'll have to talk at some point.

40s wife and husband.... Most probably get back together. The whining of his mistresses is showing hubby what he lost in Pi Young. He's lashing out at her right now with his jealousy.

50s hubby will be left alone, and I can't explain how happy that will make me. His mistress and her ex will obviously reconcile. The only reconciliation 50s husband should get is with his daughter.

30s husband and mistress. They'll be happy together and I have no problem with that.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

35 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

50s wife will definitely end up with Seo Ban, tho I prefer a young hot guy for her to dent mattresses and break headboards with. The competition between 30s and 40s wife is a plot point to let them end up embarrassed at their belief that 50s wife isn't worthy of him and will force Seo Ban to make his stand clear by officially choosing 50s wife. It may push 40s wife back to hubby. Seo Ban is what's making 40s hubby orbit his wife, so they'll have to talk at some point.

Your reasoning makes more sense than the writing of the script has done for me, so far... Which is why i'm ready to be dumbfounded by the finale...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

Your reasoning makes more sense than the writing of the script has done for me, so far... Which is why i'm ready to be dumbfounded by the finale...

Lol I kinda think Seo Ban might be gay and he is going to his brothers wedding may be why there is problems with his dad that he don’t go home.  Just a thought

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Jcanqueen12 said:

they're going in on the PSH/SW dynamic and criticizing the drama seemingly glorifying cheating.

as the rest of asian country, we won't glorify the cheating. Also even the divorce rate is rising, divorced women is outcasts in society - there's no doubt more people put the concept of family (male husband, female wife + children) important

• Like 3

I know that “the righteous always win” will be mentioned against the Pans. I watched with another sub, and it was more like “doesn’t she know that you will reap what you sow?” or “there’s retribution in life” when the mother said it. The father said “good things happen to good people”.. I hope those who knows Korean will help to clarify on this part. 

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

If they're going to have Ami and Dong-Mi throw soup at each other and throw down until Dong-Mi gets bruised, why do they not show this awesome spectacle? I feel cheated.

yeah, lol... the whole time watching I was like why didn’t they just show us that? It’s part of what I look forward to in this drama haha... but I guess we’re not shown to make it unclear who is lying and exaggerating stuff. I’d say both are, LOL. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I know that “the righteous always win” will be mentioned against the Pans. I watched with another sub, and it was more like “doesn’t she know that you will reap what you sow?” or “there’s retribution in life” when the mother said it. The father said “good things happen to good people”.. I hope those who knows Korean will help to clarify on this part. 

The Pan father said: 선한 끝은 있다.

It's a part of a saying, "선한 끝은 있어도 악한 끝은 없다."

It means, "If you are good, you will have a good ending. If you are bad, you cannot have a good ending."

He's saying it to pat himself on the back, that he is "good" so things are turning out well for him and his family. But the flipside of this saying is that if you are bad, you cannot be happy in the end. Can an adulterous relationship ever be "good" in this show? I guess time will tell.

I find these sayings, and their constant invocations of religion very ominous. It's not as if we've ever seen any of them even attend church before except Song Won.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the poll @partyon!  I chose something else for question 1.  I knew the drama wasn't going to be one of my top 10 dramas, so I had low expectations.  Where it succeeded, at least for me, was reading the fun posts, voting and laughing at some of the craziness that is this drama.  

My favorite part was A-mi and Dong mi at each other's throats.  Oh, and Dr Shin now having to deal with two crying, whining kids lol.  

Why didn't the Prof accompany Gam bi (is that her name?) to Spain for the funeral?  She's his soon to be wife, so you'd think he would be with her???

Final??episode tonight!  

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

Whatever article that was posted a few pages back made it sound like this season will end in a cliffhanger. What if it ends on a wedding with Seo Ban as the groom, but they don't show who he is marrying? 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 4
  • Blob 1

Korean Youtuber prediction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbD9Hnh6Ilk&ab_channel=맥주땅콩

Regarding the preview for 16, Hae-Ryun is holding a baby because:

- Ga-Bin became pregnant with Dong-Ma's baby while they were in Spain

- Ga-Bin dies giving birth

- Hae-Ryun is left alone to raise this baby

- Hae-Ryun suspects that it is not his baby, but he can't admit it to anyone due to shame

--

I know not everyone likes Seo Ban because he is so robotic. I did not have a strong opinion of him before, but he was being pushed as the Ideal Male figure, and he does have a certain stolid quality.

Anyway, he is showing more personality than ever before, and I think that's nice. Today, after the three wives got emotional after Hye-Ryeong read that letter from the heartbroken wife whose husband cheated on her, he called his brother to ask specifically for a restaurant recommendation because he had "some women he needed to comfort." I mean, that's very sweet! He really just wants to comfort them and has no ulterior motives.

As far as whether Seo Ban is really getting out of a limousine to become the groom... I call dream sequence. (Looking at Hye-Ryeong adoringly as she plays the drums? Definitely dream sequence.)

Is Seo Ban gay? That definitely crossed my mind. The only reason I wouldn't want him to be gay is that it would mean the only decent male figure in this show is gay.

So what's the point? The only good man is a gay man. Because all men are dogs? Even Grandpa Ghost checks out random women's butts.

(BTW I'm rooting for him to end up with Si-Eun. But in the meantime I love seeing his existence driving Yu-Shin insane.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

- Ga-Bin became pregnant with Dong-Ma's baby while they were in Spain

Omo, you mean she was having sex while dealing with her parents funeral/death matters? 

22 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

- Hae-Ryun suspects that it is not his baby, but he can't admit it to anyone due to shame

Love this janet jackson 2pac GIFpoetic justice. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

First time posting here.. It will be such a cop-out ending for the 40s couple if they end up together again. The episode with just their conversation kept me watching the entire time. It was brilliant!

But if the writer decides to put these two back together, it would be a big, fat no for me. SPY is my favorite character in this show and has demonstrated the most growth character-wise, imo. Her mom would be so proud of her. It would be like going 10 steps backwards for her to get together with her greasy ex-husband.

Been reading your posts and it seems that I’ve read a few where it was mentioned that the writer has done weird endings in the past. So, I’m getting ready to be disappointed.

• Like 7
  • Blob 3

I'm really tired watching this series. But somehow i still watch it. Haha

Gosh, i really hate SH and his family. OMG, he doesn't feel anything for HR, regret or resentment. How despicable can u be. I guess there will be sad ending for his family because it's too good to be true. It's so disgusting watching them playing a Happy Family. I so don't want him to be happy. He's a total jerk.

And 40's husband is so indecisive. He doesn't even love A mi but he still sleep together with her at his home. 

Why SB's brother is not HR love interest i still wonder until today. What's the point of him treating HR the wine if he is not the second male lead. 

so many unanswered situation. This drama is so bittersweet u don't know whether u love it or hate. 

5 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I hope this will truly happened but there's no growth in their relationship. SB is yearning for his mom so 50s is the most suitable person to fill the void. I mean he needs someone motherly to take care of him. This plot is better than the current plot. Why so many screentime for the selfish mistresses. Ami is so spoiled and bratty i can't even! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3