[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

On 12/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, maribella said:

She and her husband are 'cool' parents. I had stopped my five year old nephews from having too much ice cream even though that was what they wanted.  How mature can a five year old be, like 18?

@Ayame as you may have guessed by now, I am not impressed. I have a PhD and know many top notch brains with PhDs ( unfortunately I am just average)  but no fancy brain can fight nature or guess  what will happen in the future.  For that reason, parents mostly do not take risks. 

Maybe that's why the producer, director and writer put a mentally challenged man in dire straits, he has a man's body. He is not really seven.

I agree wholeheartedly with your view @maribella.

I think it is criminal that snowflake pitt and jolie allow their daughter to drink hormones for sex change.  She started drinking hormones at the age of 12 years!  The snowflakes said that Shiloh or John as she\he is now known had always dressed as a boy and wanted to be one since she could crawl.  I was a tomboy too and often told my Dad that I wished I was a boy.   I hated being a girl until I was 16 and bumped into the cutest boy ever and fell in love at first sight :bashful:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, O said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your view @maribella.

I think it is criminal that snowflake pitt and jolie allow their daughter to drink hormones for sex change.  She started drinking hormones at the age of 12 years!  The snowflakes said that Shiloh or John as she\he is now known had always dressed as a boy and wanted to be one since she could crawl.  I was a tomboy too and often told my Dad that I wished I was a boy.   I hated being a girl until I was 16 and bumped into the cutest boy ever and fell in love at first sight :bashful:

That is so sweet.:love:

Hormone drinks? Bleah!! I am surprised, some citizens group did not take them to court for child endangerment? If high school boys take hormones to join the football team, imagine the furor.

I think even at 21 I was clueless about many things but I wanted to be cool and accepted. Shiloh is a girl with a few older brothers, not surprising she wants to be like them.

Maybe it's work environment. These Korean parents are competing with other parents. So any job will do.

Back to Minho. He definitely has leukemia. Two amnesiacs - TP and the restaurant owner. Another strange disorder - genius syndrome TP, weird hair- uncle. 
Saintly woman- TP's mother.

Dead - TP's mother.

I have not finished analysing the characters but this is one nonsensical show. I am back to reading forum, just to find out how the writer is going to handle the BIL-SIL relationship of TP-YJ.

• Like 2

They’re treating TP-YJ love relationship like it’s one of seven deadly sins, meanwhile it’s fine to steal and try to ruin someone’s career (and the mom was the one who was acting all furious about it too when confronted) and the spawn from hell YR is still roaming about scot free. Welcome to Kdramaland!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@nohamahamoud2002 @monalisa  

The only PERSON WHO KNOWS ABOUT MW’s bio dad is the biological father. The brother think the child is for TP. Smh smh smh

I think the brother knows that YR tried to kill him :(

remember the brakes? He just doesn't have evidence after YR forged the results by breastfeeding her baby to make sure that the DNA results will be different from the sample from his bio dad. So he was deceived too. But tbh YR'd behaviour should arouse his suspicion :D

• Like 5

Just now, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think the brother knows that YR tried to kill him :(

She proved to the brother the baby isn’t his nephew after she tried to kill him. SHE RAN DNA TEST BECAUSE THE BABY WAS A NEWBORN SHE PLAYED A TRICK SO HE CAN BELIEVE

• Like 4

am I the only one who cried at the recent episodes :bawling: ep 68 was emotional for me especially at the end when Tae Poong cuts Min Woo's hair.. I was sad whenever Min Woo was crying, what a good actor this boy is, will look forward to seeing more of him when he's older! I can't believe I forgot he was in 4 other dramas I've watched already. 

What happened to Joon Seok and his brother and where are they now? 

• Like 2

Comment on clip: TP to YR: [Episode 70 notice] "Do you say that right now? Do you trade with your child's life?!” [Secret Man] 20201222

preview text

Taepong is shocked to hear that he is not Dong-ho's father, but asks Yura to do a bone marrow transplant to save Dong-ho. And he asks who Dong-ho's father is, but Yura doesn't tell. Then Taepong decides to find the person himself for Dongho...

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

13 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Taepong is shocked to hear that he is not Dong-ho's father, but asks Yura to do a bone marrow transplant to save Dong-ho. And he asks who Dong-ho's father is, but Yura doesn't tell. Then Taepong decides to find the person himself for Dongho...

so the secret is finally out!

• Awesome 2

49 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so the secret is finally out!

I was going to take a break from watching because I could not help laughing at YJ's father. Everyone in the family acted sadness very well, that is kdrama actors- all good criers, but the father's expression remained the same even with tears running down his face. The uncle, a minor role, is a much better actor.

But this is the moment. I want to see how a man has spent 5-6 years thinking he has a son, suddenly losing him. OK. will be back after watching.

edit: yesterday's preview is tonight''s cliff hanger. SJ confronts YR... (cont.) Not much on TP's reaction (cont.) tomorrow night should be revelation night. We might even get TP's aunt meeting SJ's father and putting his mother in a tizzy.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

but why are we few? I mean soompi members are not participating as before. 

maybe busy as we are nearing christmas and new year? also, the drama is going through a sobfest kind of arc and so hard to make lots of jokes and laugh. but when mom was wailing "why did it happen to dong ho?", my immediate thought was "so that the way birth secret can come out." :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

maybe busy as we are nearing christmas and new year? also, the drama is going through a sobfest kind of arc and so hard to make lots of jokes and laugh. but when mom was wailing "why did it happen to dong ho?", my immediate thought was "so that the way birth secret can come out." :sweatingbullets:

The writer should be more consistent. I remember in the beginning she was quite nasty to the little boy at the dinner table. Now she's going ' our Dong Ho sob sob'. 

@nohamahamoud2002 I think @Lmangla is right. Maybe travelling home for Christmas now. But with covid19 many are stuck somewhere.

@Mocharel I understand how it is. My funny bone is the father now. I wonder if @Ameera Ali is busy. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1