[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@UnniSarah & @maribella she move to snoopy now :joy:

I must say she's good at acting here. Who could wear those socks, high school clothes and awkward clogs without rolling over the floor?

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

maybe because they are part of the same family. so someone will turn around and say "I knew it! the Han sisters both had bad fashion taste. I should have known they are related..."

And the writer is trying to fool us by putting them at the end of the spectrum - 'bad is too good for YR' vs. The idiot'.  When I watch the few scenes with two of them, I do wonder if the writer is having a lot of fun.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@Ameera Ali @UnniSarah I think the father's character could be likeable with a better actor. I am quite sure he was memorising his lines before bursting into the scene.

Ameera put up the gif which had YR and YJ pulling hair. He was the father, but he was standing straight up, watching. :lol:. Just like the latest, he watched the actress slap TP, 'ok two seconds, then I move in, what do I say, I can't remember'.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but I liked how seo joon gave it to yujung in the previous one. he was so calm when he said that it wasn't she never found the right time but that she never cared about him. seo jun is really selling his sadness. even in his fight with tae poong, he lays it out that he wouldn't care as much if she was dating someone else. it is because he trusted both of them and they are his friends that it is the lies and intentional deceit that hurts so much. weirdly enough, there seems to be more emotion with tae poong and seo joon arguing than tae poong and yujung romance. hahahah..

both tae poong and seo joon did not really have friends. seo joon studied abroad and was distrustful of people who may be using him for money. tae poong had a 7 year old brain for so long that he lost most of his friends except for idiot yujung. so in some ways, there is a lot more at stake to this friendship. was expecting him to turn evil and bitter already but instead, he smacked yura with a "I am not you" statement. ha!

with tae poong being acknowledged as ex-brother-in-law, is that a closed door for yujung? regardless of whether it was legally registered, there was a social marriage and they were acknowledged by friends and family as husband and wife. it does look like social marriage is accepted. in another daily, phoenix, the chairman has not legally registered the marriage because he doesn't want to give shares to the new wife. however for all practical purposes, she is acknowledged as the wife and the son calls her his stepmom.  since this drama is not really heavy on romance and more focusing on the antics of yura, maybe they will all end up happily single and friends. hahahah... the truth dare game between tae poong and yura is actually fun. her hilarious tea sipping innocent and tae poong's smirk was amusing to watch. it was like they were both playing "I dare you to blink first" and "I know you know that I know" game... :lol:

P.S ~ @Ameera Ali ~ you have kimpbab abs on your DP! hahahhaha... is it because you feel sorry for seo jun?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

with tae poong being acknowledged as ex-brother-in-law, is that a closed door for yujung? regardless of whether it was legally registered, there was a social

In kdrama, they only need to go to the US for a few years, maybe YR is killed by a flying fish, then YJ and TP meets, hopefully he's recovered completely from the genius syndrome, so we could be happy to have idiot YJ look after him.

Heavens forbid if the ending includes the unnecessary couple with their unnecessary baby.:wut:

• LOL 4

I don't understand why he can't stay with his brother-in-law if his sister left him broke 5 years ago, maybe his mother thinks it's not a good match, too poor? I don't think YJ's family knows about his current economic position, he began to suspect that he is richer than SJ:rubchin:

• Like 3

yesterday's episode was so funny to watch. I was laughing at the shock of yujung and uncle's helpful commentary -- "it looks like she didn't think it through and didn't know." :joy: and yujung speech to herself -- "how could I forget?" -- yea, how could you stupid girl?! okay, yura and him have been separated but you are aware that min ho is supposed to be his kid right? :lol::lol:

the more dramatic breakup was between tae poong and seo jun. tae poong feels the bro code and feels guilt whereas yujung is basically like "bro code, what's that!" hahahaha.. tae poong looked so shocked when seo jun decided to dump him as friend so that he doesn't have to follow the bro code. was amused when seo jun said these two will eventually break up and so he will just wait until then. ha!

seo jun and yujung arguing felt like two exes. hahahha.. there was so much snark and bitterness. thought he would reject her resignation and instead, he was like "okay fine. but what kind of couple are you if you are keeping secrets about quitting..." umm, he does raise a point. and the way yujung snarked at him sounded like "well, you are not single moron. so I found someone else better." :lol:

since it looks like yura will get a new driver, can we get some fun spy to spice up this drama?! maybe that brother of reporter choi will come back...

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but I liked how seo joon gave it to yujung in the previous one. he was so calm when he said that it wasn't she never found the right time but that she never cared about him. seo jun is really selling his sadness. even in his fight with tae poong, he lays it out that he wouldn't care as much if she was dating someone else. it is because he trusted both of them and they are his friends that it is the lies and intentional deceit that hurts so much. weirdly enough, there seems to be more emotion with tae poong and seo joon arguing than tae poong and yujung romance. hahahah..

TP could not tell SJ the truth without revealing his identity. It was unsafe then because he is looking for the culprit in DL group. But a question, how will both of them react when it is revealed that SJ's mom indirectly killed TP's mom by ordering secretary Ku to do so? No way that they will stay as friends any more. So it is not about fighting over YJ. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

TP could not tell SJ the truth without revealing his identity. It was unsafe then because he is looking for the culprit in DL group. But a question, how will both of them react when it is revealed that SJ's mom indirectly killed TP's mom by ordering secretary Ku to do so? No way that they will stay as friends any more. So it is not about fighting over YJ. 

found their whole secret relationship rather dumb. seo joon knows him as min hyuk. they can just say that they met each other in office and got to know each other and decided to date. so simple! that's what seo jun thinks happened. it is not like their past has come out because tae poong refuses to disclose about yura. so the writer's logic on that one is questionable. LOL....now that tae poong has broken up with her, he can be more focused on yura and finding out what happened to his mother. am looking forward to seeing him clash with lady joo & co. also want to see what role yura will play. this really is her drama! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

found their whole secret relationship rather dumb. seo joon knows him as min hyuk. they can just say that they met each other in office and got to know each other and decided to date. so simple! that's what seo jun thinks happened. it is not like their past has come out because tae poong refuses to disclose about yura. so the writer's logic on that one is questionable. LOL....now that tae poong has broken up with her, he can be more focused on yura and finding out what happened to his mother. am looking forward to seeing him clash with lady joo & co. also want to see what role yura will play. this really is her drama! :lol:

They can't do that for a simple reason: YJ didn't know that MH is TP, MH pretended  that he met YJ for the first time, he intended to matchmake her with SJ so that he will divorce YR. Also YJ loved TP not MH, so she can't tell SJ suddenly that MH is TP. TP falling in love with YJ again wasn't in his original plan.

I don't know if I can continue watching after the breakup :(

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@Ameera Ali 

Ungrateful, odious female was moaning about TP? 
she would have been in the streets if not for his mother and him.

:onfirex: 

imagine ending up in this family, no sense of gratitude, no money, uneducated...

why was TP's mother so cool with YR as DIL? 
Surely she was not the only woman who could give her a grandchild?

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

@maribella It wasn’t about that. It was about doing the right thing. Han YuRa for TP drunk and took off his clothes . Than claimed she was pregnant by him. In fact she didn’t even like Yu Ra be a she saw her bully her son.  So no way in hell would she want any of the Han girls be other her precious son. 

YR’s mom was so disgusted by TP and hated him for ruining her precious DAUGHTER . I am like What!!!!!! 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297r4jyt7unji2zvbyrw

Han Yu Ra was a RickRoll'D. Slept with the first man she thought was rich. It never crossed her mind to use protection because she wanted to trap him. Look at how she entrapped SJ. Using  a deal SJ’s dad company needed so she can marry him since he REJECTED HER

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29v66kxcsd73qt7ja6cm
 Han Yu Ra believes the world is her Oyster and so does her mom. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29orcg9ge7uxmk27h92p

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

@maribella TP’s mom don’t have  a chance against cunning YR :D

but I still can’t believe YJ really forget the fact TP’s is her brother in law 

7887F6C5-849A-4B63-98BC-BC52C8EEBF44.gif

when she was slapped once again for ruining precious YR day  :lol:

5C711D67-ACED-4737-A355-E609232B001F.gif

and been lapped / dragged to the mud by her mother once again for stealing a groom :D

ECD85B9A-EC5A-490F-90BA-CE3D9AF21D30.gif

** If she can’t remember the humiliation , she lost case :w00t:

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

but I still can’t believe YJ really forget the fact TP’s is her brother in law 

diagnosis: amnesia caused by slapping on cheek. :joy:

I really laughed in that scene. guess they want us to see that yujung is so innocent and would never go for her brother-in-law unless she forgot all about it.

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

diagnosis: amnesia caused by slapping on cheek. :joy:

I really laughed in that scene. guess they want us to see that yujung is so innocent and would never go for her brother-in-law unless she forgot all about it.

I totally agree with you @Lmangla not from slapping but from the lack of love and respect . 
Looking back to beginning of the drama. I felt that TP was the only person in that house that loved and respected her. She tries so hard to be loved by supporting the family, selling bimibap, credit card for house supplies and giving up her dreams for Han Yu Ra.  So finding TP again, the only person who spoils her , she is bound to hold on to this person who showers her with love and respect. Before the accident TP, would be the person she would talk with, get gifts from and a good friend.  

Even her father would always choose Han YuRa . He would try to speak for YJ but still let them get have their way. 

• Like 4